The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The Thunder gonna SPANK the Spurs

In 7

Just proved iso bball can beat team bball.

Just beat a team with two top 10 players and two great shooters.

Already proved they can win on the road.

Proved they can win when Westbrook and Durant have bad games.

Regular season they were 4-0 against SA but that doesn't mean one shit. It doesn't factor into the line at all.

Vegas has these two teams as equals with a slight nod to SA for HCA.

Should be another grueling series in the West

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Spurs looked very impressive...Leonard on Durant should be fun. Nobody to guard Westbrook.
    Hopefully it's a fun series. I thought Spurs were old and done and would lose to Portland.

Let's see if the Spurs fundamentally sound bball team can take out another team with just a couple superstars.

I'd have to think OKC wins, but Spurs always have guys that come off the bench surprise you and go off for a game. I'm rooting for another Spurs/Heat finals.

Weird that I think OKC wins the series, but if I had to put money on it, I take the spurs...Makes no sense to me.

mac_514
    mac_514's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Spurs looked very impressive...Leonard on Durant should be fun. Nobody to guard Westbrook.
    Hopefully it's a fun series. I thought Spurs were old and done and would lose to Portland.

Let's see if the Spurs fundamentally sound bball team can take out another team with just a couple superstars.

I'd have to think OKC wins, but Spurs always have guys that come off the bench surprise you and go off for a game. I'm rooting for another Spurs/Heat finals.

Weird that I think OKC wins the series, but if I had to put money on it, I take the spurs...Makes no sense to me.
    Completely understand. OKC is a hard team to back. Yet somehow they find ways to win.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Whoever the NBA/VEGAS want. Don't think for a second these guys aren't in on it. Okc straight up chuckers, pop ain't havin that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

The Kraken

See ya in a bit boys. Be in Baltimore in a few hours.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I have no idea how this series will go as of right now. I dont agree that Chris Paul is a top 10 player, although LAC had the better roster by far. I finally figured out what Kendrick Perkins brings to OKC. He's that guy that the opponent hates, and he gets other bigs off their game with cheap shots and trash talk. Basically he's just a huge prick on the court. DeAndre Jordan was a non factor the whole series. I think that may have been the biggest key no one is talking about. It wont work vrs S.A. though. OKC can't afford to keep getting down by double digits and then coming back. S.A. won't be having that. I think Popovich is the best coach in NBA history, and its not a stretch to make that claim. He is so good at controlling the ebbs and flows within a game, and he gets the MAX out of every player on his roster. K. Leonard is a budding super star, he does everything well. I don't think Westbrook can carry OKC to win this series, and if he tries to be the man (even if he plays well as the man), OKC is in trouble. S.A. will bait him into trying to do too much, I promise you that, but Westbrook has grown a lot, and he's turning my opinion of him into a good one.

Any word on Parker's injury? I havent researched it yet, but it if he isn't 100%, I may load up on OKC winning the series. OKC has no one to guard him if he's 100%

I think handicapping this series is damn impossible at this point. I may take the road team ML every game if its +150 or higher. Spurs best road team in the NBA, and OKC just won 2/3 in LA, and I believe they won 2/3 in Memphis as well.

I am leaning OKC to win this series, I had no clue before I started this post, but now I am pretty confident in OKC.
    Last edited by STAX; 05-16-14 at 09:11 AM.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just saw OKC +165 in game 1, Ill be wagering on this... They are +135 for the series. The more I research this series the more I am loving OKC... question is do I wait until after game one to bet on the series? I may take OKC ML in game one, and if OKC loses, then load up on OKC to win the series at a way better price.
    Last edited by STAX; 05-16-14 at 09:18 AM.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Just saw OKC +165 in game 1, Ill be wagering on this... They are +135 for the series. The more I research this series the more I am loving OKC... question is do I wait until after game one to bet on the series? I may take OKC ML in game one, and if OKC loses, then load up on OKC to win the series at a way better price.

Good move if you like OKC to win the series. +175 game 1 on 5dimes reduced. Better to take that than to take the series at +140. If they lose game 1, they jump to +2XX, if they win game 1, sit back and watch game 2, they lose, you probably get them for series around even.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8142

Dont think iso ball will beat the spurs...couple years back iso ball got them down 0-2. Once they started moving the ball around they won 4 straight in a pretty easy fashion. People were talking about Harden being the best pick n roll 2 guard in the league and now hes just another iso chucker in houston.

Ibaka, Thabo, and Collison were huge in those 4 wins benefiting from Russ and Durant passing out of double teams and drive & dish rotations. If they play like that, they are that young and athletic team that was supposed to take over the west for years to come.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

loved the 4th quarter the entire team played with no ibaka. collison and adams were great. if they play like that versus the spurs they win this series 4-1. hopefully ibaka stays hurt

FSUnole05
    FSUnole05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

the 4-0 regular season matchup for the thunder doesn't mean much, as some have posted here. Leonard got hurt in one game, splitter and green didn't play in at least one, Westbrook didn't play in one. I think the series hinges on Parker's hamstring and the aggressiveness of Leonard on the offensive end (for the spurs anyway). spurs need to rebound the ball well and get good second chance opportunities, thunder need to play less iso ball. ultimately, I think the spurs play better basketball, starters and bench, and they win in 6 or 7. I also like them to win Game 1.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

If Parker is 100% then the Spurs probably win. They can play defense unlike the Clippers and Thunder proved they can't guard the pick and roll.

3's are gonna rain kraken and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    If Parker is 100% then the Spurs probably win. They can play defense unlike the Clippers and Thunder proved they can't guard the pick and roll.

3's are gonna rain kraken and it ain't gonna be pretty.
    Can the Spurs guard OKC though? I mean they're a much more fundamentally sound team on defense than the Clippers, absolutely no comparison, but do they have the personnel to guard OKC well? I'm not really sure about that. I think they may have to outscore OKC in this series.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

What kind of crack are you smoking boy?

WOW you must truly be delusional!!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Can the Spurs guard OKC though? I mean they're a much more fundamentally sound team on defense than the Clippers, absolutely no comparison, but do they have the personnel to guard OKC well? I'm not really sure about that. I think they may have to outscore OKC in this series.
    Who can honestly?

OKC is gonna need Reggie Jackson and CAron Butler. Pop is gonna make them have to be relevant for the thunder to win.

FSUnole05

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    spurs can absolutely guard OKC. Leonard will guard Durant most of the time and Westbrook will be guarded by Danny green who is a bit bigger with long arms, Parker may take his turns too. the spurs can play a tough defensive 89-85 type game and a 116-110 uptempo game. I don't see OKC being able to play both ways.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

are u comparing LAC team ball to SAS team ball?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Who can honestly?

OKC is gonna need Reggie Jackson and CAron Butler. Pop is gonna make them have to be relevant for the thunder to win.
    Reggie Jackson is a hit-or-miss type of guy, he'll average like 4 points for 3 straight games on 20% shooting then explode for 28 on 11-16 shooting. I don't really trust him even though he'll probably get more consistent in the next couple years.

Butler Sefolosha Fisher might have to hit some 3's but I'm waiting to see how the Spurs can stop this Thunder team, especially down the stretch of games. You can't lay off Durant and Westbrook and dare them to shoot 15-footers like they were doing to LeBron and Wade so this is a completely different matchup to last year's finals, actually tbh I think the Spurs would handle Miami this year is those 2 were to meet.

I kinda feel like the Spurs cover game 1 but I'm not sure.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20232

I hope SA wins because they can challenge Miami. If OKC advances, Heat will slap them around. LeBron owns KD.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Team ball always wins..even Jordan played team ball to an extent and moved ball around

Isolation works here and there..do not be fooled isolation vs isolation ..yes that can work because Okl City had much better isolation players than Clippers

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I hope SA wins because they can challenge Miami. If OKC advances, Heat will slap them around. LeBron owns KD.
    Im a Spurs fan and I equally hate lebron going back to his Clevland days. I really hope Spurs win not only cause they're my team of course but because Miami will throttle OKC.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Im a Spurs fan and I equally hate lebron going back to his Clevland days. I really hope Spurs win not only cause they're my team of course but because Miami will throttle OKC.
    Totally agree. This is the worst matchup for the Spurs though. OKC has always owned Spurs, going back to the WCF two years ago when SA blew a 2-0 lead. I think OKC's athleticism can be too much for SA at times, but this OKC team isn't nearly as good as it was two years ago. Durant and Westbrook will have to combine for 70 points a game to have a chance, especially if Ibaka is out.

But there is no question that SA can challenge Miami better than OKC. OKC wins 1 or 2 at most against Miami. Spurs will definitely have a chance to beat Miami if they play.

The Kraken

Finally in Balti. The best news is, sat next to a gorgeous sorority girl on the way here kraken got his ear talked off though. Guess thats what I get for saying hi

In the back of the cab right now so not much to say other than I agree with most of what has been written in here.

I will say, the Thunder had spurts where they played great team ball, like Tony mentioned, in the 4q of the last game. But they had streaks in all the games like that.

Collison and Adams have got to get on the floor together. Collison is a great 2-man passer (with Harden) and Adams is very big and athletic. Much like Leonard, Adams is a budding star IMO.

Spurs got pushed to 7 by a pretty weak and tired Mavs team.

Will finish later on

KRIT

I see no update on Ibaka yet. Anything on Parker?

The Kraken

Parker is a go, I've heard Serge is doubtful, we'll see.

FSUnole05

serge is likely out rest of the playoffs

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

yes serge is out for the playoffs but san antonio doesnt have a stud center anyways. spurs are not what they were last year ive been saying it all year

they almost and maybe should have lost to the mavs. and then played one of the most woefully unprepared playoff teams ive ever seen. now they get a true test (ibaka or not) they face a championship level team. and i personally dont think they can beat durant here

FSUnole05

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    yes serge is out for the playoffs but san antonio doesnt have a stud center anyways. spurs are not what they were last year ive been saying it all year

they almost and maybe should have lost to the mavs. and then played one of the most woefully unprepared playoff teams ive ever seen. now they get a true test (ibaka or not) they face a championship level team. and i personally dont think they can beat durant here
    you're right... this spurs team is deeper than last year. the bench is more productive. I'll take the spurs bench vs thunder bench any day

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post

this isn't about one on one matchups. Ibaka is so important to the thunders interior defense. Parker should be able to get in the lane at will now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The interesting thing about this Ibaka situation...

The line came out before he was listed as out.

Series price was San Antonio -165 OKC +145

Game 1 was San Antonio -4.5 and -185

And OKC Future for winning the NBA title was +345

After Ibaka was listed out for the playoffs

Series Price San Antonio -210

Game 1 San Antonio -5.5 and -230

OKC winning the NBA Title +380

For an important piece of the puzzle like serge missing... 15 PPG etc.... I don't see a major line movement.

This Steven Adams kid for OKC is the missing piece of the puzzle. This kid will have no problems guarding Splitter or Duncan. Kid is learning very fast. I believe in this kid. I hope his teammates come together and give him more confidence. Because he is an amazing player in the OKC system. I think all of these games will come down to the wire. If Parker's hamstring is tender... might be the crucial part in estimating what happens during this series. But I still believe OKC can beat San Antonio.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Completely understand. OKC is a hard team to back. Yet somehow they find ways to win.
    Agree with that, scratch my head on how they end up winning these games.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Spurs better than Clips by a margin, Durant ppg amongst teams OKC played more than 2 times was its worst against the Spurs, Kawai aint having it. Spurs good without Parker, with him they may be the best team in the league this year.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10847

Okc dead w out ibaka. Spurs in 5

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

theres a reason adams was drafted over olynyk, shabass muhammad, gorgui deieng, ryan kelly plumlee ect......its cause hes going to be an nba all star one day and okc new it

guy was +28 in the series versus the clippers. played 40 minutes in game 6 pulling down 11 boards and scoring 10 pts. understands the game like a 30 year old. love this guy

123 Last