vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Who can honestly?

OKC is gonna need Reggie Jackson and CAron Butler. Pop is gonna make them have to be relevant for the thunder to win.
    Pops to oldandfat.to keep up with jackson. Jackson will slam dunk pop all series. And butler will be dialing pop eveytime he hits a long range three. Better pops stay in a suit the bball shorts but whatever. As long as he checks in with the refs,

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Ibaka out for the playoffs is huge, basically giving Parker and Manu the greenlight to drive the lane. Adams has been playing well, but this the WCF against the Spurs. Kawhi has been playing great and while no one can shut down KD, he's going to really have to work against Whi. Ibaka is just too big a part of the team to lose, should still be a good series, Spurs in 6.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Ibaka being out is a huge deal. He went 9-10 in game 4 I think, and 8-10 were 18 ft jumpers. His first miss was on a 3. He actually spreads the floor on offense and opens up the lane for KD and RW to drive. Help defenders end up taking bad angles and fouling those 2 a lot because of that.

Steven Adams is a different beast entirely but SA is going to leave him anywhere 10ft away from the goal and clog the lane.

There's also the added benefit that KD, serge and RW have played together and started together for what, 5 years (?) and they've been to the NbA finals together.

On defense, our D usually goes as Serge goes. He is such an amazing help side defender that plays well above the rim that losing him on D is huge.

Adams will play more and contribute. His #'s should go up. But he won't replace Ibaka on either end. Regardless of his upside.

HOWEVER, I started this thread and i am sticking by my fukking original statement, Thunder in 7

I just don't believe it nearly as much now

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Ibaka being out is a huge deal. He went 9-10 in game 4 I think, and 8-10 were 18 ft jumpers. His first miss was on a 3. He actually spreads the floor on offense and opens up the lane for KD and RW to drive. Help defenders end up taking bad angles and fouling those 2 a lot because of that.

Steven Adams is a different beast entirely but SA is going to leave him anywhere 10ft away from the goal and clog the lane.

There's also the added benefit that KD, serge and RW have played together and started together for what, 5 years (?) and they've been to the NbA finals together.

On defense, our D usually goes as Serge goes. He is such an amazing help side defender that plays well above the rim that losing him on D is huge.

Adams will play more and contribute. His #'s should go up. But he won't replace Ibaka on either end. Regardless of his upside.

HOWEVER, I started this thread and i am sticking by my fukking original statement, Thunder in 7

I just don't believe it nearly as much now
    After the job Splitter has done on Dirk and Aldridge, Adams is in for a tough series. I think Jackson is going to have to be the one for OKC to step up. He's had some great games against the Spurs. I think he's going to be OKC's X-factor.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not know if Okl City can win 1 game...maybe Spurs let up a little and lose a few??

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Losing Ibaka definitely hurts but KD and Westbrook can still go off at any time and get it done

As you guys have mentioned, Adams is a damn good player.....Does everything the right way and has a great basketball IQ

If the Thunder advance is there any chance Ibaka could be back for the Finals?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those sayign the Spurs are a defnsive team are living in the past. this isnt the spurs from early dynasty years. The are an excellent offensive team, and an above average defense team. I love the Spurs, and as a neutral fan I root for them always. The are the New England Patroits of the NBA. Always compete for a title year after year, regardless of the roster. Popovich is Belichick. Ive been critical of OKC throughout, but they have turned my eyes. I was impressed with them in games 2-6 against LAC, very impressed. However Ibaka out is HUGE, and I still like OKC in this series. OKC is gonna have to have some roll guys step up big, because SA always seems to hae this in their favor. I think OKC may win this in 6 games, but game 7 will heavily favor SA imo. I was leaning fairly heavy to OKC in this series, but with Ibaka out, I only like them slightly. Dont know how Im gonna bet this series, if at all. I may hold out on game one, and if SA wins, put a hefty wager on OKC at a good price. If OKC wins game one, I may not bet at all, or a small wager on OKC. I love and respect the greatness SA has shown over the last 10-15 years under Pop, but I think OKC is gonna take this series.

Bottom line is for this series is Westbrook. He is still pretty poor defensively, but my eyes have been opened to this guys talent. When he is on, he cannot be stopped by anyone in the league. However, even when he is on, he still tries to do too much. i dont think the guy has a very high basketball IQ, but as far as talent alone, I dont know if Id take another PG in the league over him.

sorry for the typos, i am blitz right now
    Last edited by STAX; 05-17-14 at 12:06 AM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

OKC will probably still win this series and lose to Miami. People are overreacting.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10847

If they had 10 games without ibaka to build chemistry and flow id say they have a chance. Now no way. I think it ends in 5 games i think max 6 max 6
    Last edited by homie1975; 05-17-14 at 12:09 AM.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OKC will probably still win this series and lose to Miami. People are overreacting.
    Says the okc fan. Your opinion is useless here u are clearly biased. No ibaka no hm crt u guys r done

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

People overreacting because OKC beat the Clips, I even fell for the Clips trap, bottom line the Clips are what they have been the last few years and thats been losing rather early in the playoffs, Clips didnt get out of 1st round I dont think those years, OKC had alot more experience, now they are going up against a better team with tons of experience with a 2nd unit that wont let up and will be extending leads, KD and Russ gonna have to play 40+ every game and thats gonna wear on them big time, Spurs constant motion offense, just gonna be too much, dont even think Silver can help out here.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

no Ibakaaaa yesssssssss

RydinRuff
    Update your status
    RydinRuff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    People overreacting because OKC beat the Clips, I even fell for the Clips trap, bottom line the Clips are what they have been the last few years and thats been losing rather early in the playoffs, Clips didnt get out of 1st round I dont think those years.
    People that make these comments are the same ones comparing the Bulls from last year to the bulls of this year. WAKE UP CALL. TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAMS from last year to THIS year.

Clippers this year with addition of Darren Collison, JJ Redick, Big Baby, Turkoglu, and Granger are a MUCH better team then they were last year. EMPHASIS on MUCH. And with the addition of a HALL OF FAME Coach leading the team to 57 wins in a STACKED WESTERN CONFERENCE and turning Deandre Jordan into an all star and defensive player of the year candidate. You give credit where credit is due.

The fact OKC beat them in SIX is damn Impressive to me! NOW on to the Spurs Matchups. Remember its the playoffs. Best of 7. ALL about the Matchups.

Someone mentioned about offense not being able to win it alone. THAT's RIGHT FOLKS. Great thing about this OKC team is it has one of the BEST DEFENSE as well as one of the BEST 3-point defenses in the league (unless you flop to the floor on every 3 point shot and pretend to draw contact *cough cough* J Crossover)

is Kawhi a beast? YES. BUT He's not BLAKE GRIFFEN. he can't drop 35 on you. He can't put the defenders in foul trouble trying to guard him. He's NOT gonna get you off the dribble. NOR is he gonna pull up in your grill piece (ala KD) He's gonna be SPENT trying to play defense and probably will make little to NO impact on the offensive end. (maybe a jam on a fast break after a turnover)

Spurs great ball movement? YES. but the entire OKC crew is just tall and lengthy and fast and athletic. They will be on that ball QUICKLY.

Tony Parker and even Patty Mills FEASTED on the young inexperienced Lillard. Actually the entire Spurs roster feasted on the clueless Blazers. It's as if the Blazers had no scouting report and no answer or any adjustments to make. They looked awful. Again.. the Spurs just feasted on this. Like stealing candy from a baby.

Lot of clowns saying Spurs sweep or Spurs 4-1 or 4-2. This is gonna be a LONG TOUGH series.
    Last edited by RydinRuff; 05-17-14 at 03:32 AM.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If westbrook shoots above 50%... they will win. If he puts in a 33% game then spurs will definitely punish those wasted possessions

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Steven Adams looks like a nice up and coming player but the guy gets in foul trouble all the damn time and Pop will probably expose this. Pretty shocking he managed to stay on the floor 40 mins the other day. I'm not sure he will make an impact in more than like 1 or 2 games.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8142

See alot of people all over the place saying that the spurs arent as good as they were last yr or even the yr before...these people cant be serious can they? If anything, the west as a whole is alot better this yr, including the spurs. Even if they lose this series, they are better than they were last yr and 2 yrs ago no doubt, but so is everyone else.

I want to see Baynes and Adams go at it although its unlikely that Baynes gets any time this series. They both tend to piss off opposing big men. The aussie vs the kiwi...epic!

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    See alot of people all over the place saying that the spurs arent as good as they were last yr or even the yr before...these people cant be serious can they? If anything, the west as a whole is alot better this yr, including the spurs. Even if they lose this series, they are better than they were last yr and 2 yrs ago no doubt, but so is everyone else.

I want to see Baynes and Adams go at it although its unlikely that Baynes gets any time this series. They both tend to piss off opposing big men. The aussie vs the kiwi...epic!
    I don't see how anyone can think that. Spurs are definitely better than last year, I don't see how this is even a debate.

I have them beating Miami if they win this series but I'm not quite sure yet they deal with okc.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

dont under estimate san anotnio..they r that good

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Says the okc fan. Your opinion is useless here u are clearly biased. No ibaka no hm crt u guys r done
    And aren't you the sour Clipper fan? So in theory your opinion should not matter as well

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Quote Originally Posted by RydinRuff View Post
    People that make these comments are the same ones comparing the Bulls from last year to the bulls of this year. WAKE UP CALL. TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAMS from last year to THIS year.

Clippers this year with addition of Darren Collison, JJ Redick, Big Baby, Turkoglu, and Granger are a MUCH better team then they were last year. EMPHASIS on MUCH. And with the addition of a HALL OF FAME Coach leading the team to 57 wins in a STACKED WESTERN CONFERENCE and turning Deandre Jordan into an all star and defensive player of the year candidate. You give credit where credit is due.

The fact OKC beat them in SIX is damn Impressive to me! NOW on to the Spurs Matchups. Remember its the playoffs. Best of 7. ALL about the Matchups.

Someone mentioned about offense not being able to win it alone. THAT's RIGHT FOLKS. Great thing about this OKC team is it has one of the BEST DEFENSE as well as one of the BEST 3-point defenses in the league (unless you flop to the floor on every 3 point shot and pretend to draw contact *cough cough* J Crossover)

is Kawhi a beast? YES. BUT He's not BLAKE GRIFFEN. he can't drop 35 on you. He can't put the defenders in foul trouble trying to guard him. He's NOT gonna get you off the dribble. NOR is he gonna pull up in your grill piece (ala KD) He's gonna be SPENT trying to play defense and probably will make little to NO impact on the offensive end. (maybe a jam on a fast break after a turnover)

Spurs great ball movement? YES. but the entire OKC crew is just tall and lengthy and fast and athletic. They will be on that ball QUICKLY.

Tony Parker and even Patty Mills FEASTED on the young inexperienced Lillard. Actually the entire Spurs roster feasted on the clueless Blazers. It's as if the Blazers had no scouting report and no answer or any adjustments to make. They looked awful. Again.. the Spurs just feasted on this. Like stealing candy from a baby.

Lot of clowns saying Spurs sweep or Spurs 4-1 or 4-2. This is gonna be a LONG TOUGH series.
    Clips added players but the team didnt seem to play well against OKC for the series, spotty games here and there, thats the thing with me, doesnt matter who's on the team how are you playing at the moment? With the talent and pieces they had when weighed against OKC, no way they should have lost the series.

Doc Rivers Hall of Fame coach? I like Doc a whole lot but if he's already HOF then something is wrong with the system.

Dont forget Ibaka is out, Im not sure how long the series will last but Spurs should win this, theyed have to sleepwalk not to.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-17-14 at 12:14 PM.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    And aren't you the sour Clipper fan? So in theory your opinion should not matter as well
    i cant stand san antone. I hate them. I would love to see the thunder beat them ala 2012. My hatred for westbrook is trumped by my hatred for spurs. I love kd i love brooks.

The problem is u guys need ibakas frontcourt d and scoring. U will miss him dearly. U dont have hm court either. I think u can push it 6 games but i see it ending in 5.

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

all I know is spurs=coach of the year, strong bench,
    thunder=Durant and westbrook???

are you really going to go against number one mind of the nba?? POpovich will school brooks. ibaka the number1 defender for thunder ,done. even better easy money spurs series.

( money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dawgs777; 05-17-14 at 07:21 PM.

homie1975

it's -220 on 5dimes how could it be lower than -200 anywhere except for a local?

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am pulling for OKC Kraken

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

OKC is maybe slightly better than mediocre defensively as a team. Without Ibaka, their best defensive player, I have to imagine the Spurs will really attack the paint. Not only will they score, they'll get fouled and force OKC to go way deep into that bench. OKC is still way more athletic (and obviously younger) than San Antonio, but I still think they'll be forced to settle for a lot of outside shots. San Antonio is just so good at defending the pick-and-roll. If Leonard can keep Durant under 30 one-on-one, that's a win as far as I'm concerned. Westbrook's inconsistency will make an appearance or two in this series. Spurs in a tough 6-gamer with a lot of close ones.
    Last edited by James Marques; 05-17-14 at 02:20 PM.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    it's -220 on 5dimes how could it be lower than -200 anywhere except for a local?
    there are -175s available, but a lot of books don't take us customers, tougher to get good lines with less outs.

i'm not sure this is a good idea though.

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    call me Crazy, but it will me Indiana @ OKC
    well at least OK will be there

NBA Maniac

Collison and Adams will fill Ibaka's minutes, don't worry...

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20232

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    call me Crazy, but it will me Indiana @ OKC
    well at least OK will be there
    Youre crazy.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    Collison and Adams will fill Ibaka's minutes, don't worry...
    You are correct, they will fill his minutes.
    However, the underlying assumption that they'll make up for his absence is incorrect. There's a reason Ibaka is a starter and Collison and Adams are role players.

With that said, they may just be good enough to win. But even if, how could OKC beat Miami without The Surge? I'm not sure they'd win even with him but It wouldn't be much worse than 50/50.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave The Kraken 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

without ibaka, parker is going to be all up in the lane. coin flip wins the series.

ethan1710
    ethan1710's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I really don't have much of a read on the series, but I do think the Thunder could take game one, and seeing them priced +200 is too juicy to pass up

NBA Maniac

However, the underlying assumption that they'll make up for his absence is incorrect. There's a reason Ibaka is a starter and Collison and Adams are role players.

With that said, they may just be good enough to win. But even if, how could OKC beat Miami without The Surge? I'm not sure they'd win even with him but It wouldn't be much worse than 50/50.
    This is why OKC will play Indiana in the finals

homie1975

Very well said

The Kraken

at anyone and everyone that thought Serge being out wouldn't effect OKC much

The Spurs have yet to be challenged at the rim

First 123 Last