Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Washington Nationals run away with the NL east. Staff is too solid and Bryce Harper should flirt with 40-40 this year.
    Yeah but can Strasburg stay healthy?

Will Starting pitcher Zimmerman come back down to earth ?

Can they score enough to win in the playoffs is the big question in my opinion...

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Yeah but can Strasburg stay healthy?

Will Starting pitcher Zimmerman come back down to earth ?

Can they score enough to win in the playoffs is the big question in my opinion...
    If Strasburg is healthy, no doubt Harper, Zimmerman, laRouche and Werth, sprinkle on Ian Desmond will be a much improved offense. Your right, the key is offense for these guys. While I wouldn't count on Strasburg to be healthy a full season, maybe a 30-40% fat chance of this happening. Still, even without Strasburg, probably top 2-3 starters in Gio Gonzalez, Zimmerman and StrasBurg compared to rest of NL east Atlanta Braves, who will be relying on Young unproven pitching talent, and, some of themselves have also been injury prone.

best Future prop bet right now is Nationals +100 to win NL East.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

^
    excellent post and I thank you for dropping by, don't be a stranger. Best value future is the Reds to win the Central, I see KC is getting bet down too, Tigers should win, but KC or Cleveland could be sneaky.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Nasher, will be at Diablo Stadium for Angels/Dbacks Split Squad today. Let me know if you need anyone scouted. I will have my stop watch and notepad.

And by stop watch and notepad, I mean Miller Lite and Big League Chew.

stevenash

Was watching Lester pitch today, kid looked good. Ortiz went deep, and Longoria crushed one to Neptune, made me wonder what did the poor horsehide ever do to Evan to get crushed like that.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

nasher, saw Archie Bradley on Saturday. Kid is the real deal. Had a curve that made Pujols' knees knock.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Don't know if it has been reported in this thread but Royals flame throwing reliever Hocheaver
    is done for the year. He's having Tommy John surgery.

This a HUGE blow to Kansas City's playoff chances.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Don't know if it has been reported in this thread but Royals flame throwing reliever Hocheaver
    is done for the year. He's having Tommy John surgery.

This a HUGE blow to Kansas City's playoff chances.
    Post #100

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Post #100
    he's really only the 7th inning guy i still think it hurts the Royals since their main strength and claim to fame is the bullpen.

zxc
    zxc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2589

BOL

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Patrick Corbin has a partially torn UCL. Dunzo for 2014.

stevenash

Around the League:
    David Robertson (RP - NYY) - Replacing Mariano Rivera in the ninth inning this season will be veteran Yankee reliever David Robertson. Over the past three seasons, Robertson has averaged more than 12 strikeouts per nine innings with a 1.90 ERA. Going as the tenth closer off the board, Robertson has the opportunity and stuff to be able to provide an excellent return for players who take him in the 11th round of their leagues. Robertson relies mostly on his fastball and curveball, but both are above average pitches for him. This draft season, his value is being discounted in large part due to his inexperience as a closer. For his career, he is only 8 for 20 in save situations. Robertson has made good progress with his control in recent years and has kept his BB/9 below 3 for two straight years. If he can handle the pressure of closing in New York, he could provide the best value at the closer position this spring.

Doug Fister (SP- WAS) - Fister was scratched from his start last Friday due to what the team is calling inflammation in his pitching elbow. On Sunday, Nationals manager Matt Williams said that Fister is showing improvement and is downplaying the severity of the issue. Despite no timetable for his return, the Nationals don't appear concerned about him missing opening day. Fister's best asset is his control, evidenced by his career BB/9 of 1.81. He is predominately a ground ball pitcher and should continue to post respectable ratios for fantasy owners. Moving from the AL to the NL should help Fister build on his already quality numbers and could help him improve his strikeout rate as well.

Kris Medlen (SP- ATL) - Medlen left the game early on Sunday with what is being described as a mild forearm strain. As of Sunday night, not much information has been released and he will be re-evaluated on Monday. Medlen followed up an extraordinary 2012 campaign with a pretty good 2013. Much like Fister, he's a groundball pitcher with great control, boasting a career walk rate of 6% and a career strikeout rate of 21%. Medlen missed most of the 2011 after undergoing Tommy John surgery so another elbow injury is a little concerning. Keep an eye on this situation in the coming days to weeks. It's possible Medlen will have to start the season on the DL.

Michael Pineda (SP - NYY) - Michael Pineda made his first start of the spring for the Yankees on Friday and performed pretty well. He only pitched two innings but he struck out four batters. Catcher Brian McCann was quoted after the game saying that "his slider was pretty much unhittable". During his rookie year, Pineda's fastball velocity sat between 94-96 MPH. On Friday, he was clocked closer to 91-93 MPH. Pineda's swinging strike percentage of about 12% in his rookie year coupled with a walk rate below 8% make him an enticing late round flier. He's a high risk/high reward type of guy but there's definitely potential for high strikeout numbers from the former top prospect, if he can regain his form.

Brett Anderson (SP - COL) - Brett Anderson is another pitcher coming back from an injury that I'm beginning to really like as a value pick late in drafts. While moving from Oakland to Colorado will usually hurt pitchers, I don't believe it's going to hurt Anderson quite as much thanks to his career groundball rate of 55%. Further helping his chances in Coors are his GB/FB ratios of 3.59 and 2.96 in 2012 and 2013, respectively. As long as he continues to keep the ball out of the air, the ballpark shouldn't have much effect on his stats. Health is a major concern for the 26-year old, who has only started more than 19 games once in his five year career. Historically, he's a pitcher that has put up decent strikeouts and solid ratios. With a current ADP in the 39th round, he's relatively low-risk.

Billy Burns (OF - OAK) - Who is batting .300 with 7 stolen bases in 11 games this spring? His name is Billy but his last name is Burns, not Hamilton. Acquired from the Nationals in December 2013, Burns is seeing a long look this spring after moving through Single-A and Double-A last year. What stands out about his minor league numbers, besides his plus speed, is his ability to get on base. Burns' career minor league OBP is .420 and his EYE is 1.03. Between two levels, he stole 74 bases last year. He won't break camp with the A's but he could be an under-the-radar, mid-season call-up if he continues to hit, steal, and get on-base in the minor leagues this season.Grant Balfour (RP - TB) - After failing a physical for the Baltimore Orioles in December, Grant Balfour settled for less money and signed a contract with the Rays to become their closer. Balfour repeatedly denied any health issues this off-season but admitted on Saturday that he's going through a dead arm period this spring. He has struggled in each of his last two appearances this spring, giving up 5 earned runs and 3 walks in just 1.1 IP. While it doesn't seem to be much of a concern yet, Tampa does have a few other options at closer should Balfour need to miss any time. Heath Bell has previous closer experience but struggled in his last closing gig in Florida, while Joel Peralta and Jake McGee have posted solid seasons as late inning relievers for the Rays the last couple of years.

George Springer (OF-HOU) - Despite an OBP of .368, George Springer has just 1 hit in 13 spring at-bats. One of the Astros' top prospects, Springer hit 37 HRs with 45 SBs with a slash line of .303/.411/.600 between Double-A and Triple-A last season. Springer's power/speed combo should translate to fantasy relevance once he's called up to the big leagues in the middle of this year. He posted a ridiculous ISO of .315 in 62 games at Triple-A to go along with an 88% stolen base success rate. Springer still needs to work on reducing his strikeouts but he has shown double-digit walk rates at each level in the minor leagues. Don't expect to see Springer earlier than June, however. The Astros are in no rush to start his arbitration clock.

Manny Machado (3B -BAL) - Coming off a gruesome knee injury in September last year, Machado has been rehabbing for most of the spring. While he isn't expected to be cleared for games for at least another week or two, Machado has been stepping up his activities recently and the Orioles haven't ruled out the possibility he will be ready for opening day. The third baseman got off to a great start last year, hitting 7 HRs, 57 RBIs, and .310/.337/.470 before the all-star break. Machado's sharp decrease in his LD rate in the second half from 24% to 16% could be partly responsible for the drop-off in some of his numbers. His power is still developing, as he's mainly a doubles hitter as opposed to a homerun hitter rightnow. A 6% jump in his contact rate bodes well for continued success in batting average.

Rex Brothers (RP -COL) - After filling in admirably at closer for Rafael Betancourt last season, the Rockies rewarded Rex Brothers by signing 41-year old LaToy Hawkins to close out games in 2014. Brothers posted an unsustainable 1.74 ERA with 19 saves, 12 holds, and struck out more than 10 batters per nine innings last year. He has always had a big arm but has historically struggled with his command (career average 4.76 BB/9). His fastball sits in the low to mid-90's but he also has a quality slider. Brothers' career swinging strike percentage of 13% makes it seem probable to again expect big strikeouts from him. Hawkins had a really good year last year but should he get hurt (or traded), Brothers will be a very interesting option at closer for the Rockies.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Parker from the A's done. Going under the knife for Tommy John #2.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Nashy how far you think the orioles will go this year?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Nashy how far you think the orioles will go this year?
    I don't like Baltimore's chances at all this season Smokey.
    Pitching wins, and they don't have it.
    The rotation is not very good. Like the Rockies of the National League, Orioles can hit, can't pitch.

Showalter just named Chris Tillman the opening day starter.
    I have Tillman ranked the 69th best starting pitcher in the majors, and he's the staff ace.
    Expecting a 12-11 type season, pitching to a 4.20 or so ERA, pretty good control, expect the WH/IP to be about 1.20

Rounding out the rotation.....

2 - Umbaldo Jimenez, should be the staff ace, good K ratio, expecting a decent ERA of 3.85, has control problems from time to time expecting a WH/IP of 1.40 Could be a 12 or 13 game winner.

3. - Wie - Yin Chen, 9 or 10 game winner, 4.20 ERA, 1.30 WH/IP, mediocre at best starter.

4- Bud Norris, another 9 or 10 game type winner, 4.30 ERA, poor 1.45 WH/IP, will give you ample strikeouts.

5 - Miguel Gonzalez, good control. high ERA guy.

Orioles have Johan Santana stashed away, but his stellar 3 year run was a decade ago, he's shot.

Lineup three through seven can rake, however low on base percentage 1 through 9, can't say this enough, on base percentage is the most important stat out of all of them, pitchers and catchers. Can't score a run if you can't get on base, unless you put it out of the park, which is the best attribute the Orioles have.

1- Markakis, I am a big fan of, always have been, cannon for an arm, plays stellar right field, nice .280 hitter, however he is what he is, a 15 million dollar singles hitter.

2 - Until Machado gets healthy again, who will win tons of gold gloves at third, Ryan Flaherty will hit second, play third, and he is not very good.
    Should provide .245 batting average, low, very low .315 OBA. Not much pop in bat either.

3 - Chris Davis, stud, bona fide masher, top five power hitter in the game today.
    Will give you .265, maybe .270, but who cares, he'll put 40 over the fence, drive in 110, and get pitched around so expect a .350 OBA.
    Plays a tidy first base too.

4 - Adam Jones, stud again, more complete player than Davis, will hit .290-.300, gets on base, will hit 30 HR's and drive in 100.
    Plays a nice outfield too.

5 - Nelson Cruz, nice pickup, 25 home run type, will drive in 85, mediocre average and OBA, mediocre outfielder.

6 - Matt Wieters, the trend in the majors seems to be hybrid catcher/DH. Wieters is that prototypical hybrid.
    Has 20 home run pop, like Mauer, (who doesn't catch anymore, and Posey, who barely catches anymore, and Santana) as a catcher in my scholastic days myself, I am qualified to say Wieters on defense is not very good.

7 - JJ Hardy, yet another 20 home run guy in the Oriole lineup with no patience. Low OBA guy, mediocre at best batting average, tons of power as far as shortstops go, not going to win any gold gloves at short, and I prefer my shortstops to play defense more than hit for power. Up the middle defense is very important;

8 - Nolan Reinmold - DH, when he broke in I was kind of high on him, looking at it realistically, he's pretty much useless.
    Very low OBA, not much of an average hitter, no power. This is the best option they have at DH?

9 - Jemile Weeks, - 2B (see Reinmold) but a little worse.
    You think his brother is bad?

Bench - Thin, not much to speak of.
    I guess Delmon Young is the best bat on the bench, should probably DH is you ask me.
    Xavier Paul has a sneaky stick too.

Bullpen.
    Unproven Tommy Hunter should get the closer gig, O'Day is fine in the late innings.
    Ryan Webb? Meh.
    How do Zach Britton and Liam Hendricks even have major league gigs is beyond me. Their union cards should be pulled. Brutal.

Fourth place, maybe dead last in AL East.
    I got Tampa winning it, Yanks, Red Sox, battling out for 2nd and third place, the two birds, Blue Birds and Orioles bringing up the rear.
    Points Awarded:

Smoke gave stevenash 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

New York YankeesDavid Robertson Assumes Closer Role

After three strong seasons an eight-inning setup man, Robertson finally will take over full time as the Yankees closer. The 28 year-old had another strong season in 2014 pitching to a 2.04 ERA, 2.61 FIP, and 2.60 xFIP in 66.1 innings pitched. Even though he unfairly carried a reputation of unable to close games during his brief tenure as the closer in 2012 when Mariano Rivera was injured, Robertson is as qualified as anyone to take over the duties in 2014. His reverse-platoon split (3.32 FIP against RHH; 2.19 FIP against LHH) and strikeout ability (10.45 K/9 in 2013) are important components. There are some concerns with his velocity and swinging strike rate dropping in each of the last three seasons, but his ground ball rate also improved to a career best 50 percent in 2013. With improved control (2.48 BB/9 in 2013), he should be able to rack up plenty of saves and strikeouts.

Projecting Ivan NovaNova put together the best season of his career in 2013 pitching to a 3.10 ERA in 139.1 innings pitched. Both his FIP (3.47) and xFIP (3.68) were also favorable and the lowest rates of his career. As expected Nova's numbers improved with his HR/FB ratio regressing from 16.6 to 8.4 percent along with getting his ground ball rate back above 50 percent (53.5 percent). Nova is one of the few pitchers who has improved with limiting his repertoire, as he stopped throwing his slider and barely used his change-up last season. Nova will be a solid back end starter for owners in standard leagues, but he is more likely to post an ERA closer to his 2011 season (3.70). He benefitted from an above average strand rate last year (79.5 percent), and I would not be surprised to see a few more home runs leave the park in 2014.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Steve,

Are Baez and Olt going to be up with the Cubs to start the season?

They need to trade Barney and/or Valbuena...

Would love to see an Olt, Castro, Baez, Rizzo infield...

They are putting pieces together!

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

nasher, what's your fanduel name?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    nasher, what's your fanduel name?
    I pm'ed you that information.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Steve,

Are Baez and Olt going to be up with the Cubs to start the season?

They need to trade Barney and/or Valbuena...

Would love to see an Olt, Castro, Baez, Rizzo infield...

They are putting pieces together!
    Olt is hurt
    Baez should break camp and go north as role player.

stevenash

Deemer !

David Murphy (OF - CLE). Murphy signed with Cleveland as a free agent after a horribly disappointing final season in Texas, in which Murphy slashed a weak .220/.282/.374. Murphy should post better numbers in 2014, given that his BA was dragged down by a .227 BABIP, which was almost 80 points lower than his career rate. Murphy's other peripherals (12.4% K rate, .154 ISO, 19.3 line drive % and 9.2% HR/FB rate) were generally in line with his career numbers, so his results in 2013 can be summed up simply as bad luck on balls in play.

While some improvement can therefore be expected in Murphy's 2014 results (we project him to hit .275/.345/.443 with 14 HR and 70 RBI), there are several warning signs that should temper enthusiasm for Murphy. One is the apparent disappearance of his speed game (10 SBs in 2012 and only 1 in 2013), coupled with the fact that he will now be playing for a manager who ranks as one of the more conservative with respect to the run game. Another is the fact that he is moving to a less hitter-favorable home park. Finally, Murphy is expected to platoon with Ryan Raburn in the Indian outfield and, although he will be on the strong side of the platoon, this will limit his counting stat production. All-in-all Murphy is probably not draft-worthy in mixed leagues, although he should be considered in AL-only and extremely deep mixed leagues.

Asdrubal Cabrera (SS - CLE). Cabrera will be an interesting case study in 2014. Is he the player who slashed .273/.332/.460 with 25 HR in 2011 or the one who fell off to .242/.299/.402 in 2013. The answer is probably somewhere in between. Cabrera's 2011 power numbers were the result of a likely unrepeatable 13.3% HR/FB rate (the only time Cabrera has exceeded a 10% rate in his career. On the other hand, Cabrera's BA in 2013 was suppressed by a .283 BABIP, which is 30 points lower than his career average. What, then, to expect in 2014? We project Cabrera to post a .265/.317/.442 line in 2014, with 16 HR and 10 SB. There is the possibility that Cabrera could post even better power numbers, though. He has shown a steadily increasing FB rate over the last three years and even a slight uptick in HR/FB rate could add 2 or 3 HR to Cabrera's total. Cabrera's counting stats in 2013 were also negatively impacted by the fact that he missed almost a month with a torn quad muscle. Given the relative dearth of power at the SS position, Cabrera is an attractive target after the elite shortstop options are off the board and could in fact be a bargain given his current 15.04 ADP.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Great thread, great info.

stevenash

Aroldis Chapman

Chapman took a wicked shot to the face on Wednesday and will undergo surgery to repair fractures to his nose and left eye on Thursday. "The hard-throwing left-hander was struck by Salvador Perez's drive with two outs in the sixth inning. He crumbled to the ground, face down and flailing his legs. The ball caromed into the third-base dugout. Medical personnel, including Royals team doctor Vincent Key, rushed to the pitcher. Chapman's father was among the people to run onto the field." The Reds will likely be auditioning a Hoover, Broxton and Marshall in the 10 days leading to the season's opener, with JJ Hoover the front runner to close games in April and May.

stevenash

Javier Baez

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Olt is hurt
    Baez should break camp and go north as role player.
    Javier Baez, Chicago Cubs:

The #7 prospect in all of baseball has had a sensational spring that has earned him playing time at shortstop along with third and second base. It has now become apparent that the Cubs are going to find a place for Baez to play in the majors at some point this year. Baez has power at the shortstop position that we have not seen in a long time, maybe since Alex Rodriguez was playing with the Mariners. Across two levels last year, Baez launched 40 homers and stole 20 bases including half a year in AA where he had an absurd .343 ISO. Since 2012, the lowest ISO he recorded was .213 and that was in just 23 games. If you have room in normal mixed leagues, Baez should be up by mid-season if you want to stash him on your bench. For dynasty and keeper leagues, he is a must draft as he has the potential to be one up the best bats up the middle in the big leagues.
    Points Awarded:

odog11 gave stevenash 11 Betpoint(s) for this post.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Good stuff Nasher, what are your thoughts on the potential return of the Grady Sizemore phenomena? Curious as to how his fantasy stock is being viewed now(though not a fantasy player due to time constraints).

stevenash

Dodgers second base situation

By all accounts, Dee Gordon has won the starting second base job over Alex Guerrero. Both have traveled to Australia for the two-game series against Arizona, but that is likely due to MLB's granting of a 30-man roster for the trip. Back stateside, we should expect Guerrero to open in Double-A Chattanooga a la Yasiel Puig last year. Should Guerrero fare well early, he could quickly put Gordon's starting status at risk. Guerrero is batting a healthy (and even) .300/.400/.500 in 30 spring at-bats to Gordon's .286/.326/.476, but this may be more about where each player is defensively.

Both are new to the position, but Gordon appears to be taking to second base quicker, at least so far. If Guerrero can show progress defensively and hit close to .300 in the minors, he should be up in short order. For now though, Gordon carries a fair amount of NL-only and deeper mixed league value for his stolen base prowess. To further muddle the situation Justin Turner will get the opening day start against lefty Wade Miley, it appears that Gordon will be in a platoon situation, but as a LHH he should still see plenty of opportunities until Guerrero takes a step up defensively.

stevenash

Grady Sizemore

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Good stuff Nasher, what are your thoughts on the potential return of the Grady Sizemore phenomena? Curious as to how his fantasy stock is being viewed now(though not a fantasy player due to time constraints).
    Been a baseball junkie my whole life, since I was six.
    When Sizemore was breaking in with the Indians, before Mike Trout was Mike Trout, there was Grady Sizemore.
    Speedy gold glove caliber outfielder with speed to spare, that hit with power, pretty much your not everyday five tool player.
    (well 4.5 tools, he's only a .270 hitter, but very nice OBA)

From 2006-2008, he put up mind boggling across the board numbers, he became my very favortie major leaguer, well, him and Mike Mussina.

Sizemore scored 134 runs in 2006

In 2008 his slash line was 33-90 .278/.374/.502
    He stole 38 bases to go with those 33 homers.
    He won a gold glove in center that year too, (and 2007)
    He was my MVP in 2008, Pedroia won it, but he had a Mike Trout year that year, well like I said, he was Trout before Trout.
    Trout hits .320 though, where as Grady hits .270, everything else they do pretty much equally.

The he got hurt, the he got hurt again.
    Now he's healthy again, and he's loving life and tearing it up in Florida, and as a huge fan of him, I love it.

Brilliant signing by Boston, utter brilliance.
    Low risk, high reward for both sides, if Grady does what he used to do, he gets a boat load of money in incentives.

He's not old, he's only 31, remember, he's so good he got signed out of HS, never played college ball, went straight to the big show out of HS.

Love his lefty swing.
    Two knocks, he will strike out a little too much, and he only hits .270-.280, if you have a problem with that, and considering he does everything else pretty much better than everybody else, I wouldn't have a problem if he hits .260, he gets on base and scores runs. Batting average isn't everything.

Mediocre batting average, high OBA, hits homers, drives in runs, a run scoring maching and a stolen base threat with a gold glove in the outfield.
    Enough said, well that and the fact he's 9 for 25 so far this spring, there, now enough said.

stevenash

Athletics Won't look outside for SP help

Oakland Athletics assistant general manager David Forst said the team won't look outside the organization for starting pitching help now that SP Jarrod Parker (elbow) is out for the season and SP A.J. Griffin (elbow) will miss more than a month with flexor tendonitis. SPs Tommy Milone and Jesse Chavez will enter the rotation.

The worst case for Parker turned out to be the actual case, as his visit to Dr. Andrews confirmed on March 17. Jesse Chavez' role and outlook continue to expand, as do Tommy Milone's. Per local reports, Chavez has surpassed Milone in OAK's depth chart, and appears likely to get the lion's share of the additional starts vacated by Parker. Meanwhile, with Griffin out at least a month and possibly more, Milone's projected role has increased as well. As we recently wrote, Chavez is a better fanalytic bet right now than Milone, given his significant skills improvement since going to a cutter as his main pitch. Milone is still just league-average, but he'll be getting more IP now if that helps your team. Also look for Dan Straily and Sonny Gray to perhaps log a few more innings than they might have with Parker and Griffin healthy.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Royals' Luke Hochevar going under the knife for Tommy John. Huge hit for that Royals bullpen.
    Not a killer. I am expecting a move here, the Royals are lefty heavy. Hochevar may have overachieved last year.

My assessment of the Royals is that they will be hugely improved offensively this year and will be in position to be a buyer closer to the deadline.

billysink

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10...nt-miss-season

Bad loss for Tigers, with no depth.

stevenash

Best line up versus LHP in the majors

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post

My assessment of the Royals is that they will be hugely improved offensively this year and will be in position to be a buyer closer to the deadline.
    vs. LHP

Aoki - 61 for 180 .339/.381
    Infante - 44 for 148 .297/.323
    Hosmer - 70 for 217 .323/.355 5 HR
    Butler -311 for 1138 (lifetime) .314/.395 45 HR 177 RBI (that is some serious mashing v. LHP)
    Gordon - 66 for 215 .307/.366 8 HR
    Perez - 44 for 139 .317/.345

With the exception of Chris Sale, David Price, maybe CC Sabathia, this team should be bet against most lefty starters.
    They eat up mediocre lefties.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    vs. LHP

Aoki - 61 for 180 .339/.381
    Infante - 44 for 148 .297/.323
    Hosmer - 70 for 217 .323/.355 5 HR
    Butler -311 for 1138 (lifetime) .314/.395 45 HR 177 RBI (that is some serious mashing v. LHP)
    Gordon - 66 for 215 .307/.366 8 HR
    Perez - 44 for 139 .317/.345

With the exception of Chris Sale, David Price, maybe CC Sabathia, this team should be bet against most lefty starters.
    They eat up mediocre lefties.
    Agree totally and they will limit lefthanded hitting lineups quite well with the configuration of that staff.

I maxed a bet last night to win the division and split a bit out to a Series Win.

Some value there.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Agree totally and they will limit lefthanded hitting lineups quite well with the configuration of that staff.

I maxed a bet last night to win the division and split a bit out to a Series Win.

Some value there.
    Hell yeah, I am loaded up with KC futures

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Great thread. I just got back from Vegas and the one futures bet I placed was darvish -1.5 wins over tanaka (-125)

stevenash

Fuk.

I am drafting tonight in the big money big boy fantasy league, I got #12, dead last.

OK, my strategy is hitter, hitter, hitter, hitter , pitcher, pitcher pitcher, pitcher.

I want Beltre

First 1234567 ... Last