eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I really doubt Carr will be drafted after the 2nd round

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

He will be the 4th qb Drafted. Im guessing Late first, early 2nd.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I'm willing to set a line;

Carr will be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft. YES +110 NO -150. Max bet to win: 300

Send the points in thread and you got action

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

When's the deadline for that John?

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    When's the deadline for that John?
    Try to leave it up until draft day but the odds could change as more info comes out on who is talking to him.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    whos the best defense he faced all season long? Guy is a 3rd rounder at best and thats the best case scenario.
    And Kurt Warner was bagging groceries while playing in Arena football before making it big. Your only as good as your team, that's why every single SEC QB sux except Peyton Manning in the last 16 years.
    Last edited by frostno98; 02-12-14 at 04:01 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

this dude will be like his brother, David.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

He will be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round by Minnesota. No other team has given him the time of day. If Minnesota is smart, they wait until the 2nd round to take him. If they are smarter, they get him in the 3rd round. No one else wants this guy.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Try to leave it up until draft day but the odds could change as more info comes out on who is talking to him.
    Can we get odds on which round he gets drafted. This kid has way many upside to pass up, just don't see it happening. Hell, Tebow couldn't even throw the ball and got drafted in the 1st round.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    He will be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round by Minnesota. No other team has given him the time of day. If Minnesota is smart, they wait until the 2nd round to take him. If they are smarter, they get him in the 3rd round. No one else wants this guy.
    Would you take advice from this old douche?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    they said the same thing about jamarcus russell ... look where he is now
    They said the same thing about his brother too.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Can we get odds on which round he gets drafted. This kid has way many upside to pass up, just don't see it happening. Hell, Tebow couldn't even throw the ball and got drafted in the 1st round.
    Tebow was 1st? Bad pick.

BTW, no on odds on which round. I would go late 2nd maybe to Denver or New England.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I think some desperate team like the Vikings will take a shot at him early 2nd round or Texans if they don't draft one in the 1st. I just wouldn't trust another Carr to start...he will be a decent back up.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Aaron Murray from UGA will be a very good NFL QB.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    Aaron Murray from UGA will be a very good NFL QB.
    He MIGHT be the 5th QB taken, he "picked" a terrible time to tear his ACL.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Houston will probably take Manziel, and the Browns will take a QB at #3. Jacksonville needs a QB, but also needs a pass rusher on defense. The Raiders are in the QB hunt, but need someone to throw the ball to. Do not be suprised if the Raiders take the #1 WR in the draft. Minnesota also needs QB help, but also need a lot of help, especially on both lines. With QB's like Manziel, Bortles, Boyd, Bridgewater, Carr, Murray, McCarron, and Mettenberger there for the pickings, there is really no need to take a QB in the 1st round unless you are in love with him. The poor teams need lots of help. One pick is not going to make or break them.

LT Profits

Houston will probably take Manziel, and the Browns will take a QB at #3. Jacksonville needs a QB, but also needs a pass rusher on defense. The Raiders are in the QB hunt, but need someone to throw the ball to. Do not be suprised if the Raiders take the #1 WR in the draft. Minnesota also needs QB help, but also need a lot of help, especially on both lines. With QB's like Manziel, Bortles, Boyd, Bridgewater, Carr, Murray, McCarron, and Mettenberger there for the pickings, there is really no need to take a QB in the 1st round unless you are in love with him. The poor teams need lots of help. One pick is not going to make or break them.
    I think Houston is leaning Bortles #1 overall
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I think Houston is leaning Bortles #1 overall
    Bortles spot to lose.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Great post. I mean seriously, how much better is Bortles than say Murray or Mettenberger? This is a draft that has some decent QB's but zero Andrew Luck's or maybe 1 with Manziel.

Some of those guys BDQH mentioned will still be there when Hou starts the 3rd round. I'd be ill if I was a Houston fan and they took Bortles with the #1 overall pick.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Great post. I mean seriously, how much better is Bortles than say Murray or Mettenberger? This is a draft that has some decent QB's but zero Andrew Luck's or maybe 1 with Manziel.

Some of those guys BDQH mentioned will still be there when Hou starts the 3rd round. I'd be ill if I was a Houston fan and they took Bortles with the #1 overall pick.
    Yeah, I don't agree with it either, I would just take Clowney if I were Houston but it is what it is. O'Brien has the exact same knock on Clowney that he has on Manziel, that being their work ethic.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Remember, there is still a long way to go. One injury, or freak showing at a "Pro" Day or the Combine can change the entire picture.

greenhippo

I'm far from someone who would have any idea how to draft a player, but from my perspective you take a guy like Clowney in the first round and get someone like Murray or McCarron in the second round. McCarron highly underrated this last year due to the Bama defense, guy put up great numbers, same with Murray before the injury.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    foot was past the first marker, what a cheater.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    He will be horrible like his brother.
    Know for a fact new GM likes Carr. Nice avatar BTW

LT Profits

One NFL scout told the Bengals' website that this year's top draft-eligible quarterbacks have "enough pros and cons" that they deserve to be selected around the 35th overall pick "if there wasn't such a need at the top of the draft."

In other words, the scout seemingly believes Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Derek Carr are all not elite franchise quarterback-type talents. We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted. The Texans, Jaguars, Browns, and Raiders all need quarterbacks this year, and all draft in the top five.

Source:
    bengals.com

Feb 16 - 3:38 PM ET

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

kid might be good who really knows hes throwing to NFL receivers against some pretty shitty defenses when he came up against usc he looked very average. He looks the part but so did David he looks very good versus cal poly, new mexico , and san jose st lol I see him doing about as well as david he'll throw a ton of costly picks in the NFL .

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    One NFL scout told the Bengals' website that this year's top draft-eligible quarterbacks have "enough pros and cons" that they deserve to be selected around the 35th overall pick "if there wasn't such a need at the top of the draft."

In other words, the scout seemingly believes Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Derek Carr are all not elite franchise quarterback-type talents. We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted. The Texans, Jaguars, Browns, and Raiders all need quarterbacks this year, and all draft in the top five.

Source:
    bengals.com

Feb 16 - 3:38 PM ET
    Totally agree with that with the exception of Manziel. They WILL be better than the 2011 class because there is no where to go but up. I would take a Murray or McCarron if they are there in the 3rd. If not get some real football players.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17561

Vikings will draft a QB i 1st round (whoever is left). That is 100%. I hope it's someone better than Carr.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

the answer is nowhere

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

haha, derek carr. people don't forget how his brother turned out. guy played in a gimmick offense.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

lmao get ready for friday night watch garoppolo and savage go before him

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

If houston doesn't take him he is free falling might not get drafted until the 3rd round

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I hope the raiders take him early 2nd round

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

It might be the stupidest thing to try to figure out what these NFL people are thinking about who they like or will get. I hate NFL and I hate draft day.

First 123 Last