daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    How the hell do you get that from "Are you OK?" "No" / "Want me to call you?" "Yes"

You think she's gonna say "No, some no-name asshole just raped me #feelingbummed" ???
    The time stamp.

That actually could be a fake... probably is. guess we'll know soon enough

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    But that isn't exactly what they said - at least not in the articles I read. I couldn't tell by the articles if the victim's family were claiming the police were deliberately trying to intimidate her into silence, or if they were trying to be helpful and say "you should be sure you want to do this because your life will never be the same."

Was going by what I read of ESPN ticker during last nights football game. That detective told her if she didn't drop charges her name would be raked over coals as this is a football town

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by hawg200 View Post
    Regardless of what becomes, as a father of three daughters it disgusts me that some people need to try to minimize this and make jokes. All I know is there is nothing funny about rape. I certainly believe "jersey chasers" are a problem, however I believe most of these PRO athletes get away with this 8 times out of ten. I'm sure if Winston was getting paid an NFL salary, this young lady would be offered a lucrative settlement that included a privacy clause. That detective is right, her life will be made hell by clowns that think college football is more important than a young girls life. That young girls life will never be the same.
    Oh shit, an actual voice of reason.

Five stages of grief, let's see where we are:

1. Denial - "bro the reports are from TMZ, this is obviously garbage. She's lying! He wouldn't need to do that"

2. Anger - "Money grubbing whore. Whole PD is corrupt as fck!"

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

Let's get the next few started here shall we?

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Was going by what I read of ESPN ticker during last nights football game. That detective told her if she didn't drop charges her name would be raked over coals as this is a football town
    Exactly, but that IMHO is unclear whether he was trying to be helpful or threatening.

As Daneblazer said earlier, the dectective is absolutely right. She is being raked over the coals, not just in Tallahassee but in forums such as this one from coast to coast. I'm not sure how appropriate it was to say what he said, but he was right.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Well after seeing the pic of her and him and the tweets between them before and after the Assault, she obviously new who Jameis Winston was. So why would she tell the cops she didn't know who her assailant was? She was also possibly a student athlete and here soreirity sisters have now turned on her saying its BS?

CDMKMP

Yeah it was hard to say whether the cops were saying "this is a serious accusation, it could really put you in hot water if you're not being 100% truthful with us"

vs

"you DONT want to do this (hint hint)"

A lot of people are gonna jump on the latter, which I think is fair. Either way this isn't something the PD should be saying cuz no matter what their intentions it basically sounds like they're trying to sweep a potential rape under the rug because of who the accused is.

There was a really f*cked up story about Michigan's kicker where some girl came forward after she saw him beating his GF or something. She was basically told by the school to F off and was forced to live in the same dorm as the guy and his friends after they told him that she came forward as a witness. Messed up stuff.

Noles1992

^ wow thats pretty deep, never heard that. WTF

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    Well after seeing the pic of her and him and the tweets between them before and after the Assault, she obviously new who Jameis Winston was. So why would she tell the cops she didn't know who her assailant was? She was also possibly a student athlete and here soreirity sisters have now turned on her saying its BS?
    Here's a wild-ass theory. I'm not saying this is what I believe, just a crazy theory to potentially explain things. Perhaps it is similar to a domestic violence situation. They were friends, but he still assaulted her. She wanted treatment for sexual assault but, like many abused women, didn't want the assailant to get into any trouble. Plus, it's easy for us to act and think logically sitting at our computers in a safe environment. A woman who has just been sexually assaulted isn't going to be thinking clearly, she isn't going to be thinking logically, she will do things which make no sense in the light of day.

Vegas39

That's the thing if reports are true that she stated suspect was unknown to her and 5'11

Noles1992

^ yeah this story is taking a wild turn of events quickly and it looks like in his defense?

Noles1992

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Here's a wild-ass theory. I'm not saying this is what I believe, just a crazy theory to potentially explain things. Perhaps it is similar to a domestic violence situation. They were friends, but he still assaulted her. She wanted treatment for sexual assault but, like many abused women, didn't want the assailant to get into any trouble. Plus, it's easy for us to act and think logically sitting at our computers in a safe environment. A woman who has just been sexually assaulted isn't going to be thinking clearly, she isn't going to be thinking logically, she will do things which make no sense in the light of day.
    Could be and good point you make! But Maybe this got way out of hand and it was too late for her to bail out once she reported

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

he'll be fine. Athletes can get away with anything; especially if ur the star quarterback and ur team/city needs u to win.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    he'll be fine. Athletes can get away with anything; especially if ur the star quarterback and ur team/city needs u to win.

Michael Vick disagrees

Noles1992

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    This is apparently "the victim" tweeting before "the incident" occurred.

This was Winston's girlfriend, an athlete from Rice, visiting him and tweeting the day the incident happened.

Is this is some of the evidence his attorney you think has?

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Case is closed by this time next week.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Michael Vick disagrees
    didn't Michael vick come back to play in the NFL?

BriGuy

Could be and good point you make! But Maybe this got way out of hand and it was too late for her to bail out once she reported
    Ya I was thinking very much the same thing. Maybe a friend said "hey you really need to go to the hospital for treatment." So the hospital does their examination, but I believe they are obligated to inform the authorities. Then the victim is put in a position she never wanted to be in by being contacted by the authorities. She just wanted treatment, she never wanted to report it. So, as you say, it got out of hand and was too late to bail out.

Noles1992

Yeah either way this case is goes. Both just got much unwanted publicity and both of there lives will never be the same. Be it true or false.

CDMKMP

Michael Vick disagrees
    Unfortunately the public at large has more sympathy for dogs being abused than women.

When it comes to women there will always be a large % saying she's lying or regretting a drunken decision (which admittedly does happen but it's always the go-to theory of misogynists)

orisbumplut
    orisbumplut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got a good price on Winston winning the Heisman a while back and its just my luck that this story comes up now of all times. Am I toast or will he still win?

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

i have winston for heisman too, had a ticket that was going to collect big but so glad i had atlanta to win the division so i font feel bad about it now because i don't think he will win it now

mid10
    mid10's Avatar Become A Pro!

CDMKMP

Here's some shit from a legal analyst about how the case will likely proceed:
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...sexual-assault

I hammered the line last night that he won't win the Heisman, because I doubt this drama shakes out by then. Even if it does I'm sure a lot of the Heisman voters will pull the "character" card to vote for literally anyone else. Obviously if they actually decide to prosecute him there's no f'ing way.

That being said, I'm not AS convinced of him not winning it as I was last night.

orisbumplut
    orisbumplut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could have hedged and gotten Manziel for the Heisman at 5-2 yesterday to cushion the blow but that is now gone. I guess I should have acted quickly.

CDMKMP

The funny thing is Manziel has just as many character issues as Winston, but obviously not in the realm of alleged sexual assault.

They might begrudgingly vote for him though since his stats are pretty hard to argue with and he hasn't had any major issues this year besides the "money" gesture early on.

Would be interesting if they gave it to someone else completely out of left field.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Johnny football will win hiesman. No question

CDMKMP

If I didn't have close to 4 bills out on Winston NOT winning it I might put some on Johnny.

But I also kinda hate futures, so I think I'll stand pat.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    Case is closed by this time next week.
    How much you willing to bet on that?

You think this case is dropped within the next 7 days, I'll take that bet for the max.

wildcorndog

Futures are the shit.

wildcorndog

Sam diamond is a queen

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    How much you willing to bet on that?

You think this case is dropped within the next 7 days, I'll take that bet for the max.
    I think we hear something either tomorrow or early next week. That's the buzz around town at least. The whole thing has been so weird with so many parties going public. Just from what I know, or think I know, I don't think he's charged. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Vegas39

I think we hear something either tomorrow or early next week. That's the buzz around town at least. The whole thing has been so weird with so many parties going public. Just from what I know, or think I know, I don't think he's charged. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

In your opinion why no charges Dane ?

BriGuy

I don't think the state attorney, Wm. Meggs, is beholden to "the buzz around town." It's just people speculating and guessing, not based in any fact or informed opinions.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Looks like Saban is getting him thrown in jail

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i feel bad 4 this guy.

he doesnt deserve this.

everyone knows if u are a college football player u can get any piece of ass you want

no way he raped her.

that bitch should get 20 years in prison.

First 123456 Last