manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

agreed filler excellent post

also Brock you did the right thing here closing the accounts etc.

your family needs you? i guess

anyway i think it's still ok to cruise the message boards just NOT THIS ONE

i would say good luck but we all know the luckiest day you ever had your dog died

best wishes brock

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Happens to a lot people , even Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers

I know we've seen a lot of these lately...but i am here to say i am making my very last post on the board. I don't know what the hell happened in the last month, specifically since Ball St lost on Friday December 5th, but i've been beaten and bloodied beyond belief and had to be bailed out by my family for the last time. its happened before over the years and now its happened again and one result is i need to now get a 2nd job. How the hell i still have a family if one of the great mysteries, i've put them through hell with my gambling and today it stops, or i die, one of the two.

Guys, i'm not telling ANYONE what to do, what i am saying is be smart and carefull, we are all a few bad weeks away from cashing in our chips for the last time. I certainly didn't see it coming, just a month ago i hit a monster play on Northwestern in college football. But thats long gone and then some.

If anyway wants to rip me, so be it, i hold no ill will, even towards an obvious novice as Venditto.

So to JJ Gold, Richie, Nicky Santoro, and all the rest of you i can't remember right now. Take care, its been fun, but all good things must come to an end.

Salud boys!

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Happens to a lot people , even Brock Landers
    fukking Brockstar is now riding high...going PRO in a few months...who would of thought that only a few years ago he was standing on the edge of the cliff with a glass of White Russian while listening his Guns N' Roses for the very last time...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock is a good guy
    I remind him weekly to be careful

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Fukk Brock. I'd like to be locked in a cage with him and Deemer .... Rip Deemers little chopstick arms off and beat Brock senseless with them.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Brock is a good guy

I remind him weekly to be careful

Brock went 25-0 last weekend... Posted his plays across the street

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    Before I say all this LTD, just let me preface it by saying that I have respect and sympathy for your situation. You need to obviously do some soul-searching, and perhaps quitting altogether might very well be the best thing for you.

But why do all these threads about gamblers hitting rock bottom and it negatively impacting their family all seem to imply that there is no middle ground, no way for someone with a normal job and family to simple set aside a reasonable bankroll for gambling and manage it properly. Living a normal life and enjoying gambling are not mutually exclusive. Just stop making friggin bets that you can't afford to lose. I have built up bankrolls from minimum $50 deposits before, literally starting with $2 and $3 bets and grinding it up, because I still wanted to have action and enjoyed the process of handicapping games but knew it would be irresponsible to put any more money at risk.

If you have a job and make regular income, quit gambling for a while and just keep working and staying on top of your expenses until you can set aside a reasonable gambling bankroll, even if its just a couple hundred dollars. Then size your bets accordingly, and focus more on the enjoyment of thoughtfully handicapping games rather than the instant gratification of putting down a large action bet. Focus on the long term prospects, so that if you have a losing day, you can stomach it and move on instead of chasing on the midnight Hawaii game.
    Buddy it's great that you have such heart-felt advice here. It really is.

But you don't understand that this guy....like many who will never admit it....has a problem and needs help. His future, if he keeps gambling, includes lies and pain which will only occasionally be masked by the glory of winning. The ability to "control" the situation seems easy for you Filmoz because you're not an addict.

Look at what you just typed and imagine if you posed the same question to an alcoholic. Can they just have 1 drink socially and not lose the war? In 95 percent of the cases they can not.

LTD you need to come clean to your wife and your loved ones. Tell them you have a problem and need help. Then you need to find a local gamblers anonymous meeting and go twice a week.

You're not a failure. You have a disease just like countless people in this world do. No different than drugs or alcohol. You can still win at life pal.

Gambling can be a great hobby for most. Unfortunately some brains are not wired to handle winning or losing appropriately.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Fukk Brock. I'd like to be locked in a cage with him and Deemer .... Rip Deemers little chopstick arms off and beat Brock senseless with them.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tat gets it. Reality is hard to accept for some.

SpartanThom
    SpartanThom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

I've been through that before, that's why my max bet is now $40. Good luck to you !!!!!

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    fukking Brockstar is now riding high...going PRO in a few months...who would of thought that only a few years ago he was standing on the edge of the cliff with a glass of White Russian while listening his Guns N' Roses for the very last time...

LOL
    He would never kill himself. He loves himself too much.
    He will just continue being the biggest piece of dogshit in life while trying to get JJ to make him a star on here with lies.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    sucks for you. it isn't a disease. it is stupidity for a grown man with a family to gamble money they can't afford on a weekday mac game. get your shit together or let your wife meet a real man.
    Hopefully you do more research for your sportsbetting than you do about things that are about real life. But you're a ****** and you wouldn't understand anyway.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

As for this poster, you know you have a disease because you're on here looking for sympathy for a bunch of degens just like you.
    This isn't me trying to be mean, it's me telling you if you don't have ACTUAL friends to go to in a spot like this, you're living the wrong life.
    This forum isn't real. They aren't your friends. Until this post, I never heard of you, probably like a lot of others in this thread.

The only thing this thread is good for is other degenerates in life doing the same thing you have done and seeing their futures.
    You should come back in here in a couple days and let everyone know how it went down with the wife.

Hope she doesn't leave you, even though it sounds like you already know she's gonna.
    You don't know what you have until it's gone, and then you realize "It wasn't worth it".

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Benny LTD has been around. And it's a lot easier to try and accept that you have a problem to an anonymous gambling forum than it is your loved ones.

Hopefully it's just a stepping stone for him. This is a lifelong issue...not changing a tire.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    Before I say all this LTD, just let me preface it by saying that I have respect and sympathy for your situation. You need to obviously do some soul-searching, and perhaps quitting altogether might very well be the best thing for you.

But why do all these threads about gamblers hitting rock bottom and it negatively impacting their family all seem to imply that there is no middle ground, no way for someone with a normal job and family to simple set aside a reasonable bankroll for gambling and manage it properly. Living a normal life and enjoying gambling are not mutually exclusive. Just stop making friggin bets that you can't afford to lose. I have built up bankrolls from minimum $50 deposits before, literally starting with $2 and $3 bets and grinding it up, because I still wanted to have action and enjoyed the process of handicapping games but knew it would be irresponsible to put any more money at risk.

If you have a job and make regular income, quit gambling for a while and just keep working and staying on top of your expenses until you can set aside a reasonable gambling bankroll, even if its just a couple hundred dollars. Then size your bets accordingly, and focus more on the enjoyment of thoughtfully handicapping games rather than the instant gratification of putting down a large action bet. Focus on the long term prospects, so that if you have a losing day, you can stomach it and move on instead of chasing on the midnight Hawaii game.
    Your thinking is rational and something that everyone can learn from.

That is, of course, if you don't have a compulsive gambling problem which consumes almost every thought of everysingle day.

I can relate to LTD, and my problems are probably worse than his.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Buddy it's great that you have such heart-felt advice here. It really is.

But you don't understand that this guy....like many who will never admit it....has a problem and needs help. His future, if he keeps gambling, includes lies and pain which will only occasionally be masked by the glory of winning. The ability to "control" the situation seems easy for you Filmoz because you're not an addict.

Look at what you just typed and imagine if you posed the same question to an alcoholic. Can they just have 1 drink socially and not lose the war? In 95 percent of the cases they can not.

LTD you need to come clean to your wife and your loved ones. Tell them you have a problem and need help. Then you need to find a local gamblers anonymous meeting and go twice a week.

You're not a failure. You have a disease just like countless people in this world do. No different than drugs or alcohol. You can still win at life pal.

Gambling can be a great hobby for most. Unfortunately some brains are not wired to handle winning or losing appropriately.
    This. Gambling is very addictive for some - I would say for most people its as bad as drugs or alcohol. Thought there was a study years ago that showed gambling could be as addictive as cocaine.

To the people making fun of the $60/game bettor - I know everyone on here wins all kinds of money doing this, but I will be the first to ever admit that, over my lifetime, I am down and down big. Most of my losses came in college where I was betting $500-$750 a game on CC advances. Stupid. Now I am pissed if I lose a "big" $100 bet. I would be willing to bet I make, from my job, in the top 10% of this forum and gamble in the bottom 10% as far as dollars go - my bookie said I bet like a pu$$y but that is fine, he says that while he is paying me. I find that I keep my head clear that way. When i start throwing $500 bets around - yea I can afford it but I tend to lose those, when its $75 a game, I tend to win. Would rather win small than lose big.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

If you're betting more than $15 a game you're in the top 10% newguy. If you make more than $9 an hour you're also in the top 10%.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: newguy, and Ra77er

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

It ALWAYS comes down to money management. It is impossible to have a gambling problem if you bet $5 a game and made $70k a year. If you went 0-20 one week you would lose a dinner and a movie(with no drinks) money.

I had a BIG problem gambling once upon a time. I made $700 a week and liked to bet $300 a game up to $1,000. I would have settle figures of $2500 fairly commonly. I was one very broke dik by the end of the bowl season. Owed everyone.

After taking several years off and paying off all my debts I tried a new approach. Gave myself a $3k bankroll for the year. Found I didnt learn a thing and by the 3rd week of the season it was gone so I stopped again. The next year I limited my max bets per weekend to $300. I could make 1 bet or 6 $50 bets but would not allow more than $300 exposed. Halfway through the season my bookie said "I see you finally wised up". I kindof wanted to punch him but he was right. That year Atlanta played Denver in the Superbowl(i think) and I was up for the year. Never been hurt since coming up with a weekly budget. It eliminates chasing and gave me a firm worst case number I could live with.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er, and billysink

ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanThom View Post
    I've been through that before, that's why my max bet is now $40. Good luck to you !!!!!
    Watch out man, we got heavy ballers around here that laugh at you for betting such small amounts!

ridik01

Like I said earlier, if you do have a gambling problem look towards the stock market! It is deemed appropriate by modern society and is a slower version of game betting!

My investments earn more than my betting(because I bet small amounts).
    Yup, make fun of me some more for not throwing down thousands per game!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

New meat settle down

greenhippo

ridik, tell me what stock to go all in on. Please and thank you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you make $70k per year the most you can bet per game is $10-$20

People think that is silly but it's true .

Jerkoffs betting $100 a game and clearing 3k a month working

Stupidity

ridik01

Disney, Boeing, Walmart, Phillip- Morris.....All great stock.

With that new meat shit again, lol! Y'all are hilarious I swear!

ridik01

Just trying to get this guy in new avenues. I'm not sure if this is a gambling forum or let's all talk shit to one another and boast about winnings......

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Just trying to get this guy in new avenues. I'm not sure if this is a gambling forum or let's all talk shit to one another and boast about winnings......
    Mostly the latter. There are maybe 10 people here who post tickets of their supposed bets, a few others I take their word for it, the other 500 people are just here for the talk.

Sam Odom

Sammy , like John , learned the hard way... Posters laugh when Sammy bets 0.75% to 2.5% of BR per

BR = $$$ if lost in totality would have NO affect on your life or life style

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I thing one important thing has been overlooked here.....

LTD......throw me a couple of points before you go, pal.

(In all seriousness, best of luck)

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Get a hobby and gamble

I collect cans/bottles to recycle as a hobby. I turn them in for money to gamble

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

LTD I know you are making a play tonight......... Whom is it?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    I guess you are right, its better to hear the people with their lies of good fortune on here. I am an embarrassment to myself and family, but I am not fluffing up the bs on here. Thanks and I am done, accts are all closed, which I can't believe I actually just did. Now forumville is next. How do I close these?
    send a request to sbrforum and explain your situation. They will understand.

You've done the right thing. Takes a big man to admit his shortcomings.

I hope you find peace and peace of mind. Love is a blessing and family a gift.

Take care and be strong when you can, get help when in need.

Vitothecapper
    Vitothecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 682

Guy's you all know the odds of him never gambling again? NOT GOOD!! He only lost money he couldn't afford to lose.He still has his wife and kid,doesn't owe the wise guys on the street and hasn't even borrowed from the in-laws.The man still has outs! Therapy and G.A won't help him.He is not done yet! com'on man take your skirt off and get out of this mess your in! But if you decide to call it quits GOOD LUCk!

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Ask your wife for penetrating forgiveness and tell her one more god damn all in
    Ignorant little child.

You ain't seen or lived fukk all of life yet you run your fukkin mouth like it actually matters.

You were close right now I'd slap you fukkin teeth down you damn throat so fukkin far.

mutherfukk you a goddamn idiot

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Too late for me, I ruined 3 businesses due to gambling, all made money too. I used profits to gamble and also leveraged companies to get business loans to gamble. Joey Slats fencing, Corbin Electric, Sethlin Security all busted, all is left is a busted up van with bent tools and some wires and screws. Now I work for a landscaper but still want to move to Vegas next year and be a professional gambler.
    Dolbin Escorts? How about Weber sports?

First 1234 Last