5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    To think Sarunas here has 1100 posts.
    in just 2 months and nobody reads them or can even understand then if they try...

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Never bet money you can't afford to lose. With a wife and new baby at home, you should fuk'in know better. Put your fuk'in priorities in order, what means more to you, gambling or the love of your family. What idiot would even begin to jeopardize that? Plus, go'in big on a college game? Not smart at all. Gambling is all about discipline, of which you obviously have none of. Get out while you still can.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Sometimes I guess this "disease" confuses you and makes you think you are doing the easy way and right way to make extra money. Then a reality check comes and smacks us. Some of us are in a position its no big deal, but some like myself have deeper consequences. I am obviously weaker than I thought and will need help from outside myself. I am truly going to do what I have to to better myself.aybe one of you out there feels the same and will do the same. I sent a message to SBR to cancel my account, so this will be my last post. This site has been great and I wish you all the best.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I don't know what's going to happen, but with a newborn that's just a month old and a 2 year old, I can't imagine my life without them being around all day everyday.
    Such a great age and it flies by. Pretty soon you are having a parent teacher conference with the 4th grade teacher. Those tiny outreached arms that raised up for you to pick them up will gone forever very soon. You can always come back to sports betting when they go away to college.

You will be happier and your kids lives will be eternally enriched if you will let yourself be consumed with their world and that is the only lock I can guarantee,
    Points Awarded:

Minnesota Niice gave SBR_John 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chilidog, and Mikail

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    family is the ultimate until your kids turn 13 and they dont worship you anymore.
    man, this is going to suck. my son is 2.5 and thinks i'm superman. 2 days ago, he told me i was his best friend. i remember back when i was somewhere around 9-10, my old man told me that one day i would hate his guts and i didn't believe him. that day definitely came. and to think, that day is also coming for me and my little boy.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    man, this is going to suck. my son is 2.5 and thinks i'm superman. 2 days ago, he told me i was his best friend. i remember back when i was somewhere around 9-10, my old man told me that one day i would hate his guts and i didn't believe him. that day definitely came. and to think, that day is also coming for me and my little boy.
    Mark Twain

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave SBR_John 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988, and manny24

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Arent you the same guy that also stole 10k points from yisman and collected post up for a fantasy league and then stole the points?

If so, then this is obviously the next step. If your wife has a functioning brain she leaves now while she's still young enough to possibly land someone that can not be a degen moron.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Addicted to gambling? I just don't get that.

Personally, I think that phrase is simply a cop-out for being too fukkin stupid to not lose all your money.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Fukking downsiuth with the burial

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Addicted to gambling? I just don't get that.

Personally, I think that phrase is simply a cop-out for being too fukkin stupid to not lose all your money.
    One has to use his time wisely. Good gamblers usually spend a lot of time researching and all the other things involved. An argument could be made that take all that time and get out and better your profession, start a small business, learn a secondary trade, network, do apprentice work and volunteer work, ect. Every minute spent gambling could be better spent for younger guys. Guys closer to sunset not quite the issue.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too late for me, I ruined 3 businesses due to gambling, all made money too. I used profits to gamble and also leveraged companies to get business loans to gamble. Joey Slats fencing, Corbin Electric, Sethlin Security all busted, all is left is a busted up van with bent tools and some wires and screws. Now I work for a landscaper but still want to move to Vegas next year and be a professional gambler.

ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    be a man...emabrrassing
    Sorry, I'm just smart.
    I don't use gambling as a form of income, I use it as entertainment. If you use gambling as a form of income you have crossed the line and clearly need a real job with a real income.

Anyway, good luck "the life", don't listen to some of these jackasses on this page. If you want to continue gambling, gamble small amounts, you still get some of the same thrills as large amounts!
    Last edited by ridik01; 11-07-13 at 09:13 AM.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Too late for me, I ruined 3 businesses due to gambling, all made money too. I used profits to gamble and also leveraged companies to get business loans to gamble. Joey Slats fencing, Corbin Electric, Sethlin Security all busted, all is left is a busted up van with bent tools and some wires and screws. Now I work for a landscaper but still want to move to Vegas next year and be a professional gambler.
    Stick to your dreams.

From the sound of it......that should end really well!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

sucks for you. it isn't a disease. it is stupidity for a grown man with a family to gamble money they can't afford on a weekday mac game. get your shit together or let your wife meet a real man.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    No one admires a quitter.
    deemer you are a fuking loser.. I hope you go hang yourself or blow your fuking brains all over your kitchen wall.. this guy is in a tough spot with his family and is being sincere.. and you act like a loser gook.. go die already!!!! fuking fagget queer fuk.. take my 4 points I don't care
    Points Awarded:

Vegas39 gave pinnacle420 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

manny24 gave pinnacle420 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SpreadSniper

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post
    deemer you are a fuking loser.. I hope you go hang yourself or blow your fuking brains all over your kitchen wall.. this guy is in a tough spot with his family and is being sincere.. and you act like a loser gook.. go die already!!!! fuking fagget queer fuk.. take my 4 points I don't care
    post of the year

opie1988

Moron simply can't help himself. He says anything he can, no matter how stupid it makes him look, just to get a little attention.

Deemers gonna deemer.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

pinny nailed it

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I feel you bud...except Im too much of a pu$$y to say anything. My losses can be hid for a while, and I just haven't been able to man up.
    Instead I live with a burden so heavy, that I have a difficult time doing really anything.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I feel you bud...except Im too much of a pu$$y to say anything. My losses can be hid for a while, and I just haven't been able to man up.
    Instead I live with a burden so heavy, that I have a difficult time doing really anything.
    have the appear of the homosexual. but! is okay
    sbr make the support on the penises for dinners and deserts
    when wife make the sleeping
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Erock87

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Sarunas........isn't there a Spanish based gambling forum you can frequent??

Sarunas

reggie, yous is the nice person
    only i's make the joking

Sarunas

but! if is mans here make the suck on the
    penises when wife make the sleeping, please!
    make respect on the wife. make wash the mouth
    before put the kisses on the wife.

is all

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    I am actually right now sending emails to my books asking them to close my accounts. I know that I am going to have to stop coming on this site and the other forums I goof around on.... Not really a pitty post and not looking for anything other than a place to vent as I am closing all my accounts out. Years ago I started going to a meeting and I stopped, I thought it was ridiculous and I could handle it myself. Its obviously not the case and I do really need help from elsewhere. I am the only one to blame here. I am sure that if somehow she sticks with me again, I am prob going to have to make drastic changes. For instance changing my phone as to lose the internet and misc changes that I am aire I will need to make.

We are all in this together, and while I knowa lot of ragging ggoes in here, you guys for the mist part do understand.
    good luck my friend , in the sportbetting world you need discipline ,it seem you don't have it ,,it hard to beat the book and the point spread ,hope everthing end good , I really do
    Points Awarded:

pinnacle420 gave yahoonino 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pinnacle420

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    good luck my friend , in the sportbetting world you need discipline ,it seem you don't have it ,,it hard to beat the book and the point spread ,hope everthing end good , I really do
    now this is how to respond to somebody pouring their fuking heart out... and admitting they have a problem!! well done bro!! cheers

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Deemer is buried in some random thread once again...

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Thankfully I don't bet large amounts. My max bet is like $60, and all of my money is set aside by my wife as "allowance for betting" lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    be a man...emabrrassing

jjgold

Nobody wins period

So hard to quit even with therapy

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Before I say all this LTD, just let me preface it by saying that I have respect and sympathy for your situation. You need to obviously do some soul-searching, and perhaps quitting altogether might very well be the best thing for you.

But why do all these threads about gamblers hitting rock bottom and it negatively impacting their family all seem to imply that there is no middle ground, no way for someone with a normal job and family to simple set aside a reasonable bankroll for gambling and manage it properly. Living a normal life and enjoying gambling are not mutually exclusive. Just stop making friggin bets that you can't afford to lose. I have built up bankrolls from minimum $50 deposits before, literally starting with $2 and $3 bets and grinding it up, because I still wanted to have action and enjoyed the process of handicapping games but knew it would be irresponsible to put any more money at risk.

If you have a job and make regular income, quit gambling for a while and just keep working and staying on top of your expenses until you can set aside a reasonable gambling bankroll, even if its just a couple hundred dollars. Then size your bets accordingly, and focus more on the enjoyment of thoughtfully handicapping games rather than the instant gratification of putting down a large action bet. Focus on the long term prospects, so that if you have a losing day, you can stomach it and move on instead of chasing on the midnight Hawaii game.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

You don't have a gambling problem ... You have a losing problem

Good Luck in the future
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Yellow light slow down

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Guy you have to learn this is a HOBBY yea learn the damn game so you can do well at it but....keep it as a fukin HOBBY. You dont have to think you need to keep up with the fakes here. Family is #1 right now if I were you I would cold turkey it for at least a year.

jjgold

Filmoz great post!!!

This is a complicated issue

Everyone has different personalities

Some are compulsive no matter what

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Filmoz great post!!!

This is a complicated issue

Everyone has different personalities

Some are compulsive no matter what
    Absolutely, and I have been there before too. So I am a walking example that it is possible to keep your demons in check and enjoy your vices in moderation.

Also, gambling doesn't even have to be a vice, there is an actual upside. This game is actually beatable, and you can make money in the long run. With alcohol and drugs, the best you can do is enjoy them sparingly and minimize the damage. But it is actually possible for sports betting to be a constructive, profitable endeavor.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Filmoz good people

First 1234 Last