EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    It wouldn't be too long for me, but it would be too long that it arguably punished the top seed who had to sit around and wait for the WC series to end. The Red Sox will have 4 full off days playing against the Rays. As I mentioned above there is such a thing as too much rest in baseball. The only thing I would change is make the divisional round best-of-7.
    No different than any other playoff format though say if a team sweeps, while another is forced to a long seven game series. That's part of the perils and perks of the playoffs.

Give the WC teams a day off and then play a three game series TUES-THURS. Start Division Series on SAT.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good arguments for both sides,

Blazer I like your analogy

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    No different than any other playoff format though say if a team sweeps, while another is forced to a long seven game series. That's part of the perils and perks of the playoffs.
    You're certainly right that that's possible, but there's miles of difference between the chance that a team may have a long layoff if they sweep compared to deliberately scheduling such a thing so that it certainly happens every year.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Give the WC teams a day off and then play a three game series TUES-THURS. Start Division Series on SAT.
    I was thinking along these same lines BUT would not be fair if wild card teams are from opposite coasts.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Still think it's one of the dumbest things in sports

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I personally think its disgusting to the game...

162 and then this

Following a season that is series every week

Change this shit
    I like it this way. No one wants to see baseball played until Thanksgiving.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Hell, I'll take it a step further....I wished they would eliminate divisions altogether because let's face it, they are about as useful as on a boar hog!...the unbalanced schedules, interleague play, etc. have really bastardized the season and made divisional games almost irrelevant...Furthermore, I wish they would eliminate division series, championship series, as well because they aren't necessary!...why in the hell play a 162 game schedule?....I wish they would go back to the good old days of AL and NL pennant winners and then those two teams automatically meet in the world series!...of'course that won't ever happen because of the almighty dollar!...$$$$!...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Lou un-banned this guey?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Think they have it right. Wild card teams should not be on even footing with the division winners, when the playoffs start. I like the division winners having the pitching advantage. It gives the divisions relevance. If you don't like the one game playoff, win the division. Of course, if all one game playoffs were like last night's, then there probably wouldn't be too much bitching about it. Last night's one game playoff was better than any 3-5 game series I've seen in recent memory.

First 123