EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CHIB View Post
    There is a big difference between Instructional Leagues and David Price.
    Go look at Price's #s vs. TEX. If he steps up, kudos - but the #s are scary and TEX sports the best avg. against lefty starters I believe. I'll be on the Over 3.5 for the TEX TT. Not sure I trust the rookie on the other side to not be nervy, so taking a side

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Means nothing

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am sure a bunch of people were telling Belichik to take out Tom Brady and reinstate Drew Bledsoe,
    when he got better..

Belichik, went into the playoffs with a QB with i think... 8 or 10 games experience.

bottom line, is do not screw with a winning recipe.

the pressure on Cruz will make him cave..
    remember he is the guy that cost Texas a World Series..

playing too close .. let Freese ball get over his head.

two runs scored..
    at worst it should have been a single.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    TEX sports the best avg. against lefty starters I believe.
    Close but not quite. Texas at .267 vs. LHP is behind the Brewers, Tigers, Rays, Rockies and Indians (best at .271).

EaglesPhan36

Lefty starters, not lefties overall. I saw it in some preview I looked at this morning.

CHIB
    CHIB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Go look at Price's #s vs. TEX. If he steps up, kudos - but the #s are scary and TEX sports the best avg. against lefty starters I believe. I'll be on the Over 3.5 for the TEX TT. Not sure I trust the rookie on the other side to not be nervy, so taking a side
    He hasn't played them at all this year and I can imagine that he has had the Rangers on his mind since his last playoff exit. Big time players live for these moments. Price's career cannot afford to falter tonight. His legacy is on the line and you want to go with Martin Perez? If you really cared about every statistic you would point out the fact that Perez has gotten extremely lucky all year.

Who would you rather have on the mound a Cy Young pitcher or one that his been extremely lucky all year? Both line ups hit lefties really well. I hate to say it but the Rangers bullpen has been better throughout the year but will Perez be handing over a lead to that bullpen or will his batters have trouble battling a CY YOUNG pitcher all night.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Confirmed Cruz is starting, batting sixth. Ian Kinsler 2B, Elvis Andrus SS, Alex Rios RF, Adrian Beltre 3B, A.J. Pierzynski C, Nelson Cruz DH, Mitch Moreland 1B, Craig Gentry LF, Leonys Martin CF, Martin Perez P

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by CHIB View Post
    He hasn't played them at all this year and I can imagine that he has had the Rangers on his mind since his last playoff exit. Big time players live for these moments. Price's career cannot afford to falter tonight. His legacy is on the line and you want to go with Martin Perez? If you really cared about every statistic you would point out the fact that Perez has gotten extremely lucky all year.

Who would you rather have on the mound a Cy Young pitcher or one that his been extremely lucky all year? Both line ups hit lefties really well. I hate to say it but the Rangers bullpen has been better throughout the year but will Perez be handing over a lead to that bullpen or will his batters have trouble battling a CY YOUNG pitcher all night.
    Didn't say I was taking Texas. Taking Texas Team Total. Tampa could very well beat up Perez since they in their own right are good against lefties. I think the side is a tough call, but I liked the TT. Smart lineup by Washington I think not to put Cruz in the cleanup spot where all the pressure might be.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you would expect the rangers fans to cheer for a cheater when he returns. they have no class.

it was disgusting to watch

EaglesPhan36

Standing ovation eh? What else is new. Team and faux fans are starving for a W that ain't coming. They deserve the following ...

I see the set-up in the 9th. Get a man on and Cruz Ks or hits into a DP.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

so long Ron

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    so long Ron
    Please God make this happen.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Cruz.....no juice.....just average

EaglesPhan36

If they fire Washington, they should fire John Daniels too for building a shitty team after Hamilton left. They did not fill a large hole in the lineup well and then they overpaid for an average starter in Garza. His best move was getting Rios off waivers, but I think the whole team is to blame. Can't wait to listen to the wave of whine on talk radio tomorrow when it settles in that it's football season and the Cowboys still suck (slightly less than my horseshit team - there I zinged myself because that's all your would have had).

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    HUGE MISTAKE..

when your team is hitting on all cylinders..*

DO NOT CHANGE A THING.
    so the Rangers on a tear with a minor leaguer in there

Washington goes and screws with the Magic Recipe.....

and "BLAM".. Cruz goes 0-4.. never on base.. didn't get anybody else going either.

i knew it.

what a terrible move.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yeah the first pitch he saw was a change-up that he missed by a foot and he then was very late on pitches the rest of the night. They don't throw 95-96 in the Instructional League.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

daniels is to blame for signing andrus to a long term deal and not forcing washington into playing profar as an everyday player at SS.

they won 91 games. by just replacing washington's terrible tactical managing, the team would gain a couple more wins. just think how many runs the rangers lost do to sac bunting.

i think they were 2nd in the AL in bunting.
    Last edited by antifoil; 10-01-13 at 10:16 AM.

EaglesPhan36

They're lucky to be blessed with a horrible division. They chalked up half their wins against THREE teams. Angels, Astros, Mariners. 44-13 vs. those three teams. Against the rest of the league, 47-58. Astros in particular gave them almost 20% of their wins.

A's got 34 against the division, but 62 outside their division.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yeah the first pitch he saw was a change-up that he missed by a foot and he then was very late on pitches the rest of the night. They don't throw 95-96 in the Instructional League.
    good point.. also, he looked chubby/out of shape

guy went off PEDs.. but still had an appetite*
    looked like he was chowing down

he's bad for a team. shoulda cut him after he missed that Freese triple.

a good outfielder catches that. and Texas wins World Series

First 12