Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Thor

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Thor
    SBR john will at least open his eyes and has taken grief from me and still lets me post. Now if OPie was in charge i would have been gone two years ago One who is a real conservative who will listen from time to time. Another a radical tea bagger who isn't gonna listen to anything anyone says but the guys who fool him over and over again. That is how our media is run. 1 a control freak who will fire ya at the drop of a hat. The other willing ta work with ya and let ya express urself.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4248

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Gas prices are up because of high demand. The higher the Dow Jones goes the higher the gas prices. Take Economics 101 at your local community college.
    You should take you own advice, or maybe even a little history class. You obviously weren't old enough to drive in the 90's when the Dow was soaring, and gas was dirt cheap. Or in the mid-00's, when the Dow came crashing down but gas was sky high.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    You should take you own advice, or maybe even a little history class. You obviously weren't old enough to drive in the 90's when the Dow was soaring, and gas was dirt cheap. Or in the mid-00's, when the Dow came crashing down but gas was sky high.
    Pal.....you have to understand this about Pavy......he's a moron.

On the bright side.....he was recently appointed the title of SBR's Douche Emeritus....so he's got that going for him!

Good job, paver!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4248

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Pal.....you have to understand this about Pavy......he's a moron.
    Yes that's the impression I'm getting. I especially love the way he makes a phenomenally ignorant statement about the Dow and gas prices, then immediately follows that statement by telling someone else to "Take Economics 101 at your local community college."

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Yes that's the impression I'm getting. I especially love the way he makes a phenomenally ignorant statement about the Dow and gas prices, then immediately follows that statement by telling someone else to "Take Economics 101 at your local community college."
    Pavy is angry at the world. He was unable to attend college due to poor grades in high school, so he resents those with advanced degrees like ourselves.

He once made a video in an effort to "fit in" here at SBR, and it was quite possibly the most awkward, uncomfortable video to ever grace the forum. Lou mercifully deleted it so as to ensure it wouldn't run off any new posters.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Opie I'd bet you 500 points that I have a more advanced college degree than you have.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    This guy might be the dumbest ************ i've ever seen

Princeton grad & Harvard law School scholar who never misuses a word. Hardly a dummy! Cruz is a mover and shaker who has
    the notion of 'Let's let America be America again' sounds like a good idea to me.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Well Cruz may be well educated but he says some things that would lead most people to believe he has little knowledge of the US Constitution or recent SCOTUS rulings. I read some of his recent proposal on state voter ID cards that directly conflicts with recent court rulings. But he may be saying those things for his base and not because he thinks they're a real legal option.

Thor4140

Do these Tea party birthers know this guy is Canadian? I wonder what they think of that or is this okay with them now? Remember these are the same people who said "keep the gov't out of my health care and don't touch my medicare"

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    Well Cruz may be well educated but he says some things that would lead most people to believe he has little knowledge of the US Constitution or recent SCOTUS rulings. I read some of his recent proposal on state voter ID cards that directly conflicts with recent court rulings. But he may be saying those things for his base and not because he thinks they're a real legal option.
    Carveel comments on Ted Cruz:

“I think he is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I’ve seen the last 30 years,” Carville agreed. “I further think that he’s going to run for president and he’s going to create something. I’m not sitting here saying that he’s going to win. And I think Sen. DeMint is right. I’ve listened to excerpts of his speech in South Carolina, he touches every button, and this guy has no fear. He just keeps ploughing ahead, and he is going to be something to watch.”

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    Carveel comments on Ted Cruz:

“I think he is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I’ve seen the last 30 years,” Carville agreed. “I further think that he’s going to run for president and he’s going to create something. I’m not sitting here saying that he’s going to win. And I think Sen. DeMint is right. I’ve listened to excerpts of his speech in South Carolina, he touches every button, and this guy has no fear. He just keeps ploughing ahead, and he is going to be something to watch.”
    I don't know much about him but what I've seen I'd say he understands the political game very well.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Do these Tea party birthers know this guy is Canadian? I wonder what they think of that or is this okay with them now? Remember these are the same people who said "keep the gov't out of my health care and don't touch my medicare"
    Yeah, I just read he was born in Canada. I always thought that would mean you were not able to hold the office of POTUS. The tea party went nuts because they thought Obama wasn't born on US soil, here's guy that claims he wasn't. Why would they think he'd be able to hold the office.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Carveel was being sarcastic. Guaranteed.

Ever hear the phrase bad news is good news? Cruz is doing nothing but putting his ugly fukking mug on as many
    TV stations as possible to get people to see who he is. Just like Rand Paul and McCain.

Same reason as McConnell is staying under the radar, to get re-elected. These fukking slime balls need ousted.
    They are career politicians who can't make it in the real world after their term is done. Term limits would put a stop
    to this shenanigans.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll repeat my statement of FACTS one more time!!

The republicans/democrats/right wingnuts/libtards all have the same so called "important" things in common....

You all have not one iota of a clue of how the governing system over you really works so you pick a feed troth/bucket(Fox/MSNBC/CNN ETC.) eat up the false propaganda you are fed and mindlessly argue with one another as if you all have a fukken clue!!

PRICELESS.....

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Opie I'd bet you 500 points that I have a more advanced college degree than you have.
    I'll toss in Opie has you beat. I know for a fact he does.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Americans gave obama and w 2 terms each. I highly doubt they can come up with a good health care system.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'll toss in Opie has you beat. I know for a fact he does.
    So what degree do I have since he had me beat?

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Iran, and the middle east for that matter, have always been willing to negotiate, it's the US who has refused diplomacy.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Ironically, this is basically how we feel about Pavy's posting career.

He sucks balls and everyone complains about him. We tried to send him away to gaylive full time, but even they didn't want him. So we're basically stuck with him.
    Hugh lightbulb

You have to really suck if even gaylife won't take you

Thor4140

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 06:15 PM EST Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare

UPDATE I re-reported a Fox News segment on Obamacare -- it was appallingly easy to see how it misleads the audience

By Eric Stern

Topics: Sean Hannity, Hannity, Obamacare, Health, Health Care, Media, Fox News, Conservatism, Media Criticism, Editor's Picks, News, Politics News

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. “Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced, “and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.
    As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.
    “These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.
    But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.

I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.
    First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.
    Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce? “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.
    There is only one Obamacare requirement that applies to a company of this size: workers must be notified of the existence of the “healthcare.gov” website, the insurance exchange. That’s all.

advertisement

Next I called Allison Denijs. She’d told Hannity that she pays over $13,000 a year in premiums. Like the other guests, she said she had recently gotten a letter from Blue Cross saying that her policy was being terminated and a new, ACA-compliant policy would take its place. She says this shows that Obama lied when he promised Americans that we could keep our existing policies.
    Allison’s husband left his job a few years ago, one with benefits at a big company, to start his own business. Since then they’ve been buying insurance on the open market, and are now paying around $1,100 a month for a policy with a $2,500 deductible per family member, with hefty annual premium hikes. One of their two children is not covered under the policy. She has a preexisting condition that would require purchasing additional coverage for $600 a month, which would bring the family’s grand total to around $20,000 a year.
    I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.
    I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.
    Allison also told me that the letter she received from Blue Cross said that in addition to the policy change for ACA compliance, in the new policy her physician network size might be reduced. That’s something insurance companies do to save money, with or without Obamacare on the horizon, just as they raise premiums with or without Obamacare coming.
    If Allison’s choice of doctor was denied her through Obamacare then, yes, she could have a claim that Obamacare has hurt her. But she’d also have thousands of dollars in her pocket that she didn’t have before.
    Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker. (You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?
    When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.
    Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.
    It’s true that we don’t know for sure whether certain ills conservatives have warned about will occur once Obamacare is fully enacted. For example, will we truly have the same freedom to choose a physician that we have now? Will a surplus of insured patients require a scaling back (or “rationing,” as some call it) of provided healthcare services? Will doctors be able to spend as much time with patients? These are all valid, unanswered questions. The problem is that people like Sean Hannity have decided to answer them now, without evidence. Or worse, with fake evidence.
    I don’t doubt that these six individuals believe that Obamacare is a disaster; but none of them had even visited the insurance exchange. And some of them appear to have taken actions (Paul Cox, for example) based on a general pessimistic belief about Obamacare. He’s certainly entitled to do so, but Hannity is not entitled to point to Paul’s behavior as an “Obamacare train wreck story” and maintain any credibility that he might have as a journalist.
    Strangely, the recent shutdown was based almost entirely on a small percentage of Congress’s belief that Obamacare, as Ted Cruz puts it, “is destroying America.” Cruz has rarely given us an example of what he’s talking about. That’s because the best he can do is what Hannity did—exploit people’s ignorance and falsely point to imaginary boogeymen.
    Update: To check the plans I used this useful calculator from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bosseman22, and TheGuesser

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

So what exactly did this all achieve (besides costing the American economy billions of lost dollars??)

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Coochy obviously Cruz and the teabaggers didn't accomplish anything meaningful but throwing rocks when you represent a glass house state like Texas (which leads the country with over 25% of its population lacking health coverage...) is just what you have to do to get reelected down there...

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

Obamacare biggest issue, funny, Afghanistan, Iraq, huge financial bailout cost a ton of money, all the time guys at the top are profiting off of peoples suffering and and the biggest issue is obamacare something designed to help people. Well I'm just going to skip my annual gift to the orphanage and to the disabled people this Christmas because I already am giving a ton with my tax dollars, No more toys for tots either they already get food I pay for, penetrating kids need jobs. I don't agree with Obamacare but what we had was bad everyone should be able to get healthcare it's not in place for a profit it's for helping people. I didn't vote for Obama

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Blacks will always vote (85%+) for Democrat and voting rates for blacks has always been about 10% so it is a 9% gain for Democrats. Which Republicans caused with the Southern strategy. Most Hispanic voters will never vote for Republicans because they didn't want to legalize illegal immigrants (if you live in a city with a large Hispanic population you know this is true, not going to argue with this with some guy from Mississippi or Texas who is only around white people all day). Hispanic population is growing much faster than other race so that is becoming a major problem with Republicans and that is why they're shifting their strategy. Problem is, it is too late.

Florida has become a Democratic state in Presidential elections which hurts Republicans badly in Presidential elections, because it gives Democrats California, Florida, New York, Illinois, and Pennsylvania (it is fools gold for Republicans every 4 years now) which equals 153 electoral college votes . Democrats will win the next 2 or 3 Presidential elections. You will then see a change in party name with the Republicans and a change in leadership. The new party will also cater to Latinos (West coast term for all Hispanics and I know East Coast uses Spanish). Don't be surprised if the illegal immigrants in America become legal in 8 to 12 years.

History will repeat itself and party changing names has been done in the past. It will be Democratic party vs. ________ (insert some name that caters to Latinos).
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-21-13 at 01:11 AM.

Tully Mars 63

Instead of this PR debacle and waste of engery the GOP would have been better served to focus on what's wrong with Obamacare and what a POS job Obama and his team did on the roll out. Team Obama used databases and new tech to focus fund raising during both his POTUS runs that broke new ground in the way information and tech. was used. When it came to setting up his signature bill/law, the ACA- AKA Obamacare, they hired a company based in Canada, who had already been fired by the city of Toronto, who used systems based on 10 year old tech. If that doesn't tell you what more important to Obama- getting elected or running the government I don't know what would.

If the GOP had not got tied up with the tea party stupid demands to do what they had no chance of doing their numbers could be soaring right now. Hopefully now the GOP can focus on holding the Obama WH accountable for this crappy roll out.

Sarunas

is too late for the united states.

the country make blow apart in the future. but! is the nature of all the nations and the histories.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Sarunas View Post
    is too late for the united states.

the country make blow apart in the future. but! is the nature of all the nations and the histories.
    Fukk off, foreigner.

Tell you what......when the shithole you're from finally figures out how to make ice cubes, then you're allowed to discuss the USA. Until then, let's keep that yap shut.
    Got it?

Good.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Thor4140

Fukk off, foreigner.

Tell you what......when the shithole you're from finally figures out how to make ice cubes, then you're allowed to discuss the USA. Until then, let's keep that yap shut.
    Got it?

Good.
    What exactly got u mad Opie because i couldn't understand a thing he said.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 10-21-13 at 08:34 PM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Coochy obviously Cruz and the teabaggers didn't accomplish anything meaningful but throwing rocks when you represent a glass house state like Texas (which leads the country with over 25% of its population lacking health coverage...) is just what you have to do to get reelected down there...
    Sounds like a clusterfukk of corporate and lobbygroup agenda's will ensure that nothing meaningful changes...

Sad because your country was once the beacon to which the rest of the world looked up to...

Sarunas

american mans make so much the angry. whys? the american womans not in the control of the mans power guide direction. so! what happens? the womans not have the meal on the ready when mans arrive after the labor. is so much wrong.

american mans have make put extra licks on the clitoris of the wife so make the wife happy and have meal on the ready. is so much sad.

or american mans can make follow the examples of the islam mans. the islam mans make the wife put on the clown suit and make cover all the fleshes. but! maybes islam womans is ugly and is reason why make wears the clown suit

is all
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Sarunas View Post
    american mans make so much the angry. whys? the american womans not in the control of the mans power guide direction. so! what happens? the womans not have the meal on the ready when mans arrive after the labor. is so much wrong.

american mans have make put extra licks on the clitoris of the wife so make the wife happy and have meal on the ready. is so much sad.

or american mans can make follow the examples of the islam mans. the islam mans make the wife put on the clown suit and make cover all the fleshes. but! maybes islam womans is ugly and is reason why make wears the clown suit

is all
    Tin foil... loosen it. It's cutting off the blood flow to your brain.

Thor4140

comment on another site

buddy of mine in Texas=3 kids cost $45000 to deliver. Im Cdn,wife is American-we just had our 1st baby & all i paid was for parking

First ... 34567 Last