reallytho
    reallytho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Regardless of who was at fault it was the biggest collapse in Professional Sports Championship History. .

This is the key sentence....

Who really believes, a top 5 coach in NBA history, would be SOLEY RESPONSIBLE, for the biggest collapse, in sports history? (unless he tried)?

I don't.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Goat - Bosh wasn't even guarding Splitter. He was waiting for Green to get the ball. Green was not wide open, he got his shit stuffed because Bosh didn't give a shit about Splitter on the court. If you have Bonner or Diaw in there, Bosh has to make a decision on whether he should leave his man. Bosh didn't even have to think about it. Having Duncan inbound is just as stupid. Whoever is guarding Duncan can float around with zero afterthought of whether Duncan will take a shot. Are you saying that only Duncan and Splitter can set picks? That is not a phenomenal play. That's a horse shit play. When have you ever seen it done before? Better yet, when have you ever seen it work, in NBA, college, HS, YMCA?

You agree Pops made a lot of bad moves. You just don't think he did it on purpose?? Let's look at the word RIGGED...

1. The word rigged is used to describe situations where unfair advantages are given to one side of a conflict.
    2. Describes the side of a conflict that holds an unfair advantage.
    3. Fixing something so it is to an advantage

Pops bullshit moves gave Miami an advantage in each case. Duncan/Splitter down 3? That means Miami only has to guard 3 out of 5 players. Advantage Miami. Need to hit FT's because you're going to get fouled. Don't put in your best FT shooters. Advantage Miami. Continue to play Green as he shot 1 for 19 and only take him out when he hits the 1 shot? Advantage Miami. I could go on and on but we've already listed the long list of mistakes which were all advantage Heat.

I know several Spur fans who are highly pissed at Pops right now. They think he is fishy as hell too. I think it's unfair not the check his phone records...

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Honestly Mac I think Pop made a lot of bad moves. But saying it was rigged is just annoying and you know it. Your saying the best coach in maybe all of sports rigged the championship. It's annoying to hear and it's unfair to Spurs fans and to the organization/players.

Pop knew exactly that he was gonna get the shot he wanted. He actually drew up a phenomenal play for Green on a flair back to the corner and Bosh read it. That was a phenomenal play call. And if I remember right, didn't splitter set the screen on Battier or someone that got Green wide open to the corner?

Don't forget, Duncan was in the game because he is the Spurs best inbound passer. Pop needed a big guy to set the screen. Who else could have made that pass besides maybe Ginobli on the Spurs? No one....

Mac4Lyfe

And so the biggest choke job in the history of sports (I'm not sure it is but it's up there), most of it due to the incompetence of 1 coach isn't up to more scrutiny? We're talking about 2 straight games in a matter of 48 hours. If it was just one game, I might be able to overlook it but 2 straight horseshit coaching? 20 mistakes that a HS coach wouldn't make? I'm not buying it.

Regardless of who was at fault it was the biggest collapse in Professional Sports Championship History. The Heat are 100% lucky. IMO they should be ashamed of themselves that it came down to what it came down to with all of the talent that they have.

reallytho

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Goat - Bosh wasn't even guarding Splitter. He was waiting for Green to get the ball. Green was not wide open, he got his shit stuffed because Bosh didn't give a shit about Splitter on the court. If you have Bonner or Diaw in there, Bosh has to make a decision on whether he should leave his man. Bosh didn't even have to think about it. Having Duncan inbound is just as stupid. Whoever is guarding Duncan can float around with zero afterthought of whether Duncan will take a shot. Are you saying that only Duncan and Splitter can set picks? That is not a phenomenal play. That's a horse shit play. When have you ever seen it done before? Better yet, when have you ever seen it work, in NBA, college, HS, YMCA?

You agree Pops made a lot of bad moves. You just don't think he did it on purpose?? Let's look at the word RIGGED...

1. The word rigged is used to describe situations where unfair advantages are given to one side of a conflict.

Pops bullshit moves gave Miami an advantage in each case. Duncan/Splitter down 3? That means Miami only has to guard 3 out of 5 players. Advantage Miami. Need to hit FT's because you're going to get fouled. Don't put in your best FT shooters. Advantage Miami. Continue to play Green as he shot 1 for 19 and only take him out when he hits the 1 shot? Advantage Miami. I could go on and on but we've already listed the long list of mistakes which were all advantage Heat.

I know several Spur fans who are highly pissed at Pops right now. They think he is fishy as hell too. I think it's unfair not the check his phone records...

Mac is a master with words.

LOL @ dude saying "it's unfair to spurs fans".... If ANYTHING, they WANT SOMETYPE OF EXPLANATION, and we are GIVING IT TO THEm...

This is something someone posted on Yahoo Answers, after game 6 (I didn't think it was rigged for a FACT till game 7):

==============

"Thank you thank you thank you for posting this . I thought I was the only one not watching planet Bizarro through my tv screen.

My brother's response was "the other fighter was about to be knocked out when the winning fighter's manager threw in the towel." Describes it perfectly.

There's absolutely no precedent whatsoever for taking a top 20 all time greatest player having one of the great games of his storied career out of the ga.me in the final 2 possessions. Not only is Pops not that dumb, no fan of the game, in fact no NON_fan of the game would be so imbecelic.

You ride that horse to the last stop. And when did the words ' " the more agile Boris Diaw" ever get used together in the same sentence before in history? This was sickening. I woke up this morning hoping it was a bad dream, and realized it really happened and got sick all over again. The entire sports watching world got robbed and I don'[t even care anymore if the Spurs win it all, which they won't... I predict Miami in a 20-+ blow-out route. Lebron crowned king of all cheaters for all time... calling Ralph, long distance... blleccchhhh !!!"
    Last edited by reallytho; 06-25-13 at 12:24 AM.

reallytho

The Original Question:

======================

Was game 6 rigged last night?

i just don't believe this stuff we see now in the NBA. Im wondering why tim duncan was put on the bench for the last 2 possessions of the 4th quarter. And if u NBA fans who don't pay attention to detail outside of lebron's body, you'd noticed that during the absence of duncan for these 2 possessions, the heat had hit a 3 pointer with lebron and one with Allen to tie the game and send it to overtime. Now the reason why duncan was an issue is that for the last 1 minute, the heat had got maybe 4-6 offensive rebounds. That lead to 6 points. I don't believe this crap. Popovich is not that stupid. Was it to defend 3 pointers? BOSH is his matchup. U worried about Bosh making a 3 pointer which coulda been the last shot of the 2013 season? Bosh shooting a game tying 3 pointer? NO WAY. So now one would ask, "why was Duncan out? Was it to keep perimeter defenders in?"

Of course not. And lets not talk about the last minute officiating because i seen on facebook and twitter about it. Everyone thought it was bad. But Popovich would not do that in any other game except for a rigged game. Its like the game 1 heat-pacers when hibbert was benched. No reason for that either. If the pacers were up by 1 point, u should keep ur starting defense in the game because u gotta protect the rim just as much. Its all a load of junk. It's getting to the point that next season ratings will go down. Ratings this year in the playoffs went mostly to pacers vs heat game because everyone thought that the pacers might do something. Pacers clearly had a better team but the officiating was bad. And i watched EVERY single pacers game this year. I know Frank Vogel would not be that stupid to bench hibbert. I also know that Pop wasnt that stupid to bench Duncan. The NBA is obviously handing over these games to the heat. You seen the NBA articles talking about ratings. Of course it was going to be a game 7. they get 1 more shot at getting 16.5million views. Im sick of this. Lebron is obviously a joke too by the way he choked the final minutes of the 4th. nobody talked about those 2 turnovers he got that was definitely a sure thing for the Spurs to win the series. Then a magical timeout lead to like 6 offensive rebounds which then lead to like 5 or 6 three point attempts. LOL THIS IS A JOKE. like am i the only one who noticed that critical analysis? i wanna see some real basketball again.

Mac4Lyfe

^ Great description. Pops threw in the towel on this one. Everyone admits it wasn't his best effort 2 games in a row. What they won't admit is what logical reason is it that he was asleep at the wheel for 48 hours? Someone please explain him turning into an imbecile?

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Why are we talking about games possibly being rigged? If the game were truly rigged "trust me" you wouldnt have seen an ending like game 6 had.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No man. Bosh went to Green because Battier got caught in the screen. If Bonner is on the court, and sets the screen, and Battier can't get through it, Bosh is still required to guard Green. That's basketball 101 my friend.

Slimpickens

^ Great description. Pops threw in the towel on this one. Everyone admits it wasn't his best effort 2 games in a row. What they won't admit is what logical reason is it that he was asleep at the wheel for 48 hours? Someone please explain him turning into an imbecile?
    To me it was just human error/flat out not doing his job.

reallytho

Why are we talking about games possibly being rigged? If the game were truly rigged "trust me" you wouldnt have seen an ending like game 6 had.

You still don't know what "rigged" means.... It's not 1,0000% fixed / scripted like WWE.... EVERYBODY wasn't in on it....

Rigged means: ONE PERSON.... Whether a coach... a ref.... A player.... or even a WATERBOY.... Is there to give one team an unfair advantage.

That doesnt mean the ENTIRE thing was scripted by all players / coaches involved. (again, how old are you guys on this forum?)

reallytho

Threw in the towel... Literally GAVE them the game with all his might.

I'm sure Timmy knows it too.... Timmy looked pissed when Pop took him out in Game 6... An assistant manager had to console him as he walked to the bench.

reallytho

To me it was just human error/flat out not doing his job.

So the best coach in the world, in ALL OF SPORTS (as goat put it), had his 2 WORST GAMES EVER, BACK TO BACK?.... In a CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES? And he's coached THOUSANDS of games? in his life?

This is a betting forum.... Calculate those odds.... And try to lie to yourself that you STILL believe it.

It'd be like someone hitting the mega million 3 times in their life or some shit.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by reallytho View Post
    You still don't know what "rigged" means.... It's not 1,0000% fixed / scripted like WWE.... EVERYBODY wasn't in on it....

Rigged means: ONE PERSON.... Whether a coach... a ref.... A player.... or even a WATERBOY.... Is there to give one team an unfair advantage.

That doesnt mean the ENTIRE thing was scripted by all players / coaches involved. (again, how old are you guys on this forum?)
    Im not buying it but I dont want to argue about it with you. Im not a fan of either team but I was rooting for the Spurs. Oh well, Im glad I dont have to look at those arrogant under achieving Heat players until next November.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13413

Goat these girls don't know basketball 101. Instead of typing worthless paragraphs all they have to say is why didn't Pop put in his small/3point line up when they were down.
    Anwser. Miami beat Spurs and Pacers with small line ups vs. their big line ups with a 7'+ center, Bosh is what 6'11?? Bird man didnt even play the whole Spurs series Spo waiting until later when Duncan was fatigue to bring him out now that is coaching, and Duncan was fatigued I saw him plenty of times not running up and down the court, that is fatigue.

reallytho

Im not buying it but I dont want to argue about it with you. Im not a fan of either team but I was rooting for the Spurs. Oh well, Im glad I dont have to look at those arrogant under achieving Heat players until next November.

I hear you... And I'm not going to try and argue your opinion, you're entitled to that.

A lot of Pop's moves can be seen as "pure incompetence" and "not doing his job" as you say.... But I want to ask you one last question...

If in the Superbowl... The patriots are playing... And a the 4th best wide receiver on the field starts the game with 6 dropped passes.... KILLING THE TEAM... OBVIOUSLY, and ANYONE can see it... But the coach just won't pull him...

Then, as SOON as he catches his first catch for 20 yards, pumps his fists, confidence is built.... and the coach YANKS HIM IMMEDIATELY....

You wouldn't have ONE DROP of suspicion? If not, please explain a scenario like this.... Because this is not "incompetence" ... Taking him out is a DELIBERATE move....

Are you saying Pop simply wasn't paying attention to the game AT ALL, and didn't even notice Green was struggling and had just hit a 3? Is that what you're going to say next? (seriously...)

I'm just curious.

reallytho

Pop doesn't pull that bullsh*t with Green, NO WAY I'm in here arguing this.... I might just ssay, "f*ck it, he had a few bad games... TERRIBLE games"....

That move with green... It's the smoking gun.... THERE IS NO LOGICAL EXPLANATION for it. NONE. The ONLY explanation is point shaving.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

This guy really doesn't realize how bad Miami would of killed Spurs bench players vs. Miami starters. Did Bonner even play at all this series? Still don't get it??

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the key sentence.... (delusion actually)

Who really believes, a top 5 coach in NBA history, would be SOLEY RESPONSIBLE, for the biggest collapse, in sports history? (unless he tried)?

I don't.
    1) why almost win? lose by 10

2) was Ginobili also in on fix..? Parker..? Duncan... Green?

Tom Brady threw two interceptions in the 2nd Half of the AFC Championship game, and led his team to 0 points. ZERO points, 2 INTs

fix? or just bad day.. guy have bad days when they least wish to... Pat Riley in on a fix when John starks shot 1-17 FGs in Game 7 vs. the Hakeem Olajuwon..?

Pat Riley won FIVE Rings with the Lakers.. and he kept Starks in... * FIX?

guys just assume that they are going to turn it around... they are rolling the dice. Sometimes they win...*

even a great coach like Pop, will lose a bet..

reallytho

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

Tom Brady threw two interceptions in the 2nd Half of the AFC Championship game, and led his team to 0 points. ZERO points, 2 INTs

fix? or just bad day.. guy have bad days when they least wish to... Pat Riley in on a fix when John starks shot 1-17 FGs in Game 7 vs. the Hakeem Olajuwon..?

guys just assume that they are going to turn it around... they are rolling the dice. Sometimes they win...*

1) He cant control how hard his players are playing.. He might want them to lose by 30, but his players play good enough to make it a close game (jeez you guys are slow mentally, no offense)

2) Ginobli possibly, Pop only person for sure. You know it only takes ONE PERSON to fix something, right?

3) 2 INTs = 2 mistakes... Not 20. And he's playing a game, not coaching... 2 different things (do I REALLY have to respond to this ? )

4) John starks was a more prominent player than Danny Green... Also show me that Starks was turning the ball over, playing shitty defense... And show me that Riley made 19 other mistakes in 2 games back to back ( Do I REALLY REALLY have to entertain this? )

I'll never respond to another idiotic post like this again. I tried to go point for point, but you're such a cretin...

Where are the TRULY SMART people who are unbiased and think it WASN'T fixed? I want to argue with them....

MAYBE, the TRULY SMART people who don't think it was fixed, don't even EXIST.... Because anyone TRULY SMART, pretty much knows it was fixed.... That explains it.

Ratzz

"The Black Sox Scandal took place during the play of Major League Baseball's 1919 World Series. The Chicago White Sox lost the series to the Cincinnati Reds, and eight White Sox players were later accused of intentionally losing games in exchange for money from gamblers. The players were acquitted in court, but nevertheless, they were all banned for life from organized baseball."

i can't believe you are bringing into court evidence that is almost 100 yrs. old. Ridiculous.

the REAL QUESTIONS:

1) How much do you hate Lebron James?

2) How much money did you lose on that game/series?

3) are you willing to just look at the facts and acknowledge that it was a bad bet?*
    And that because of that, you lost.*

You bet your fantasy, and your fantasy did not occur.*
    Thus now you are irrationally casting blame, where there is none to be cast.
    The blame lies on the wager itself.

(this is not a question, but recommendation)

"Do not bet your fantasy"

unless you are pursuing your lifelong dream.*
    Then by all means, go all-in. Make it work.*

..but not sports.. sports fantasies and wagering are natural enemies.*

Cheers.

reallytho

This guy actually said: Brady had 2 INTS and 0 points (lol)

Brady has 5 300lb men trying to take his head off.... So, shit happens.

Pop doesn't have any opposition to his coaching decisions except his own brain.

300LB men trying to kill you vs Own Brain

Do you understand the difference, you pathetic cretin? You just lost this argument because you've proven your mind is not fully functional.

Dismissed.

Mac4Lyfe

Starks went 2 for 18 but I see what you're getting at. Should Riley have benched Starks in game 7 after Starks carried the team in game 3, 4, 5 and the 4th quarter of game 6? Yes, he should have benched him and given Ro Blackman some of his minutes. Riley admits to this day that it was a mistake. It was more of a mistake for him having a short rotation and leaving Doc Rivers out of the playoff roster.

BUT, he made 1 mistake in 1 game. He didn't make 9 mistakes in a few minutes??? He didn't make 20 mistakes in 48 hours. Imagine Riley benching Ewing in the final minutes of either game 6 or 7??? Imagine him putting in bigs that can't shoot 3's down 3? Imagine him sitting his 2 best players while the Rockets make a comeback? Imagine him sitting both of them in crunch time in both closeout games? Imagine him benching Starks after he finally hit a shot? Imagine him watch Olajawon score 30+ points and never double team him?

Shit's not even close to comparison. What's so funny is that everyone taking up for Pops is giving 1 or 2 wtf situations. You can't find a situation where there's 20???

and Has Brady thrown 2 int's before? yes, we've all seen it. We've seen Belicheck make a few mistakes. 20?? in back to back games? I find it mathematically impossible for all the mistakes Pops made. You might see 1 maybe 2 mistakes... 20? I maybe 1 dumb but I ain't too dumb.

Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 06-25-13 at 01:56 AM.

Ratzz

This guy actually said: Brady had 2 INTS and 0 points (lol)

Brady has 5 300lb men trying to take his head off.... So, shit happens.

Pop doesn't have any opposition to his coaching decisions except his own brain.

300LB men trying to kill you vs Own Brain

Do you understand the difference, you pathetic cretin? You just lost this argument because you've proven your mind is not fully functional.

Dismissed.
    1) Brady has as much weight and size protecting him... keeping those guys away

2) he had as much size and weight trying to put a hurt on him when he succeeded in his 3 Superbowl Rings.. so what id the difference?

3) this "Own Brain" business is the answer (you are on right track here)

4) i advise you to abandon what Pop did wrong, and look at what you did wrong.

5) Pop did what he thought was best, it did not work. Pop also did that the other times. It did work.
    Maybe he tried to showboat a little by being unconventional and got caught out there. It happens to the best.

Riley got beat, Jackson got beat.. everybody loses sometime.

It sounds like rabid Lebron hatred.. the guy is amazing. Period.
    Not much you can do there. LBJ not a ballhog, makes teammates better. Shares ball/
    his teams win, wherever he goes.*

I think what happened to Pop, was that he got caught trying to do something wild... and unexpected–*
    so he would receive all kinds of praise afterwards.

It almost worked.

Mac4Lyfe

Ratzz,

1 - I don't hate Lebron, but I don't like Battier, Chalmers and Wade but I thought it was time for Lebron to leave Cleveland (my home town btw). I've made fun of him on many occasions here all in pure fun but I don't have time to hate no one, let alone someone who has no bearing on my life/family. I think Lebron is the best player on the planet, worked on his flaws and was a reason the Heat won the finals (aided by Pops of course). I thought Wade made up for himself real well. He looked like shit early but stepped it up at the end of the series.

2 - I made money riding both teams. I hit 6 out of the 7 games. My money was on the Heat the majority of the games but my heart was on the Spurs probably because of my dislike of dirty Wade, flopper Battier and smirk face Chalmers.

3 - What does winning or losing a bet have to do with the subject? There are many people that were Heat fans that questioned Pops moves and many of Spurs fans who don't bet that thought he fixed the games too. Everyone in this thread has said that they thought Pops fukked up. Why does it have to be about a bad bet?

i can't believe you are bringing into court evidence that is almost 100 yrs. old. Ridiculous.

the REAL QUESTIONS:

1) How much do you hate Lebron James?

2) How much money did you lose on that game/series?

3) are you willing to just look at the facts and acknowledge that it was a bad bet?*
    And that because of that, you lost.*

You bet your fantasy, and your fantasy did not occur.*
    Thus now you are irrationally casting blame, where there is none to be cast.
    The blame lies on the wager itself.

(this is not a question, but recommendation)

"Do not bet your fantasy"

unless you are pursuing your lifelong dream.*
    Then by all means, go all-in. Make it work.*

..but not sports.. sports fantasies and wagering are natural enemies.*

Cheers.

reallytho

^^^Mac, this is the point where, he'll never come respond to your post point for point (like you did his), and he'll just cower away, possibly trying to come up with ANOTHER convoluted, inferior argument, or just take the easiest way out and say: "You're crazy... I just don't agree"

He'll leave all your points on the table because their is no arguing it.

That's why I said, I HONESTLY want ONE rational, non emotional, unbiased, intelligent person to come argue with us.......

But again, I don't think this type of person EVEN EXISTS, because all people with a high IQ, that can argue Point for Point, actually KNOW something fishy went down.

Great post though.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Reallytho I hope you don't approach girls like this unless you like the crazies that might kill you in your sleep. Didn't we already establish Spurs shot more FTs than Heat and Miami gets to the line no problem and couldn't buy a call.

Ratzz

Starks went 2 for 18 but I see what you're getting at. Should Riley have benched Starks in game 7 after Starks carried the team in game 3, 4, 5 and the 4th quarter of game 6? Yes, he should have benched him and given Ro Blackman some of his minutes. Riley admits to this day that it was a mistake. It was more of a mistake for him having a short rotation and leaving Doc Rivers out of the playoff roster.

BUT, he made 1 mistake in 1 game. He didn't make 9 mistakes in a few minutes??? He didn't make 20 mistakes in 48 hours. Imagine Riley benching Ewing in the final minutes of either game 6 or 7??? Imagine him putting in bigs that can't shoot 3's down 3? Imagine him sitting his 2 best players while the Rockets make a comeback? Imagine him sitting both of them in crunch time in both closeout games? Imagine him benching Starks after he finally hit a shot? Imagine him watch Olajawon score 30+ points and never double team him?

Shit's not even close to comparison. What's so funny is that everyone taking up for Pops is giving 1 or 2 wtf situations. You can't find a situation where there's 20???

and Has Brady thrown 2 int's before? yes, we've all seen it. We've seen Belicheck make a few mistakes. 20?? in back to back games? I find it mathematically impossible for all the mistakes Pops made. You might see 1 maybe 2 mistakes... 20? I maybe 1 done but I ain't too dumb.
    i agree. what i am saying is that Pop got caught doing cocaine (this one time) when someone left a bunch out... (Miami playing poorly)

think about it. What would Pop's legacy have been had he won that series with very un-Pop-like coaching moves?

Winner of 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS... and took down the BEST player in the NBA?!? hasn't been to the big ring in 6 yrs, and comes up and knocks out the Champ in his own house..

all of those circumstances add up to him opting for a long-shot play,.. the GLORY would have been insane...

it happened to Napoleon (invaded Russia)
    it happened to Hitler (invaded Russia)

people go for TOO MUCH... people get such a buzz and high when they are succeeding, they can't stop and play safe..*
    YOU see guy do it all the time..a pass that is too cute.. a shot that is too low percentage..

it's human nature. he caught up in his own glory, and forgot about the best strat for the win.
    and opted for the strat that would yield the greatest amount of glory.

he would not do that again. He would foul off the ball and never let Allen shoot.

reallytho

Note to self: Leaving a guy in the game with 8 turnovers (a career high), and 2.5x more turnovers than the team is "Show boating"

Going to make sure I remember this.

reallytho

Note to self: Letting the other teams 2 best players, shoot REPEATED uncontested shots, is going for "The Long Shot Play".

Boy, Pop must be broke as hell... I'm sure he gets busy in Vegas... Such an adrenaline junkie

reallytho

Note To Self: Pop did the coaching equivalent of RUNNING on a tight rope while juggling 3 bowling balls, instead of simply walking across a safe, well constructed bridge (2 games in a row, mind you)... Because he wanted to be COOL while winning a title...

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!!

Mac4Lyfe

I am not taking away anything from the Heat. They won, they persevered, they are the champions. I've never said that the Heat didn't deserve it either.

But, I find it implausible that Pop tried to do something wild and unexpected out of the blue in games 6 and 7 in order to receive some type of praise. A more rational explanation is that his family was kidnapped and he needed to get them back at all cost. Who does something wild that fails then goes on a hugging/kissing spree with the opposing players? Now if he just got his kids back you better believe he would be hugging everyone which he did...

You said he may have been showboating? Well isn't that a fix? He's doing something unconventional that he has no idea if it would work or fail? Isn't that dereliction of duty? Who does that? Oh, let me put in poor FT shooters when the other team has to foul. Isn't that fixing? It sure isn't winning???

and please show me where Pops made these same mistakes before? Please show me when he was down 3 and put in Splitter and Duncan at the same time??? Show me when he had Duncan out of the game late and didn't have Splitter in for rebounding? Show me when he kept a guy in shooting 1 for 19 then benched him when he made the 1 shot? Who watches a 10 point lead evaporate to a 4 point deficit while your 2 best players are sitting on the bench when they had control of the game?

I agree, it was wild, it was unexpected. It didn't work... Sounds more like a fix after your post.

1)

I think what happened to Pop, was that he got caught trying to do something wild... and unexpected–*
    so he would receive all kinds of praise afterwards.

It almost worked.
    Points Awarded:

reallytho gave Mac4Lyfe 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: reallytho

Ratzz

Ratzz,
    *but I don't have time to hate no one, let alone someone who has no bearing on my life/family. (healthy, you are right here)

3 - What does winning or losing a bet have to do with the subject? *Why does it have to be about a bad bet?

(right here again)
    please see above in red.. you are right, assuming 'lost bet' is assuming too much.
    i am just accustomed to reading accusations of rigging following a post predicting the opposite outcome.

i saw no such post about the Spurs taking it from Reallytho, so i should not have assumed.*
    (a nod to him)

but usually such passion has a source other than mere observation,,,
    and i sincerely doubt that Pop would involve himself in any rigging scheme.. what would he stand to gain?

there is nothing to sell him on, has money, great life.. makes no sense.
    The 'lost bet' made more sense, as i have seen that many, many more times.

reallytho

Trying to win the Daytona 500 while driving BACKWARDS so you'll be FOREVER hailed as "the man"....

or

Losing a race on purpose to make money or satisfy blackmail from the mob or doing the Nascar Owners a favor and letting a more popular driver win for the betterment of the sport....

Which one sounds more believable people? Cast your votes now!!

Mac4Lyfe

Now, I agree that men let their ego's get the best of them. I agree that people are glory seekers and go for too much.

But in almost every case in history the fault or big downfall of man has usually been 1, 2 maybe 3 mistakes at most. And then, most of the mistakes were dragged out over a long period of time, not 48 hours.

Hitler for example made a bunch of mistakes (battle of britain, invasion of Russia, Me262 as a bomber, No retreat, no woman workers, declaring war on the US, battle of Kursk, battle of the bulge) most of these mistakes were due to his ego BUT he was not wild and unexpected in his thought. He attacked the Allies the same way, ordered his armies the same way, spent money on his navy the same. Imagine all of a sudden, him changing his stance after what got him to where he was? Imagine him making all these mistakes in a matter of hours?

i agree. what i am saying is that Pop got caught doing cocaine (this one time) when someone left a bunch out... (Miami playing poorly)

think about it. What would Pop's legacy have been had he won that series with very un-Pop-like coaching moves?

Winner of 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS... and took down the BEST player in the NBA?!? hasn't been to the big ring in 6 yrs, and comes up and knocks out the Champ in his own house..

all of those circumstances add up to him opting for a long-shot play,.. the GLORY would have been insane...

it happened to Napoleon (invaded Russia)
    it happened to Hitler (invaded Russia)

people go for TOO MUCH... people get such a buzz and high when they are succeeding, they can't stop and play safe..*
    YOU see guy do it all the time..a pass that is too cute.. a shot that is too low percentage..

it's human nature. he caught up in his own glory, and forgot about the best strat for the win.
    and opted for the strat that would yield the greatest amount of glory.

he would not do that again. He would foul off the ball and never let Allen shoot.

reallytho

Mac,

Mayweather, normally a fighter who is all DEFENSE... Started his fight with Mosley, trying to go toe to toe.... Because he wanted to prove he's not a "runner" and can stand in there, and knock mosley out...

Mosley ROCKED him, almost knocked him out... (The first 3 and 1/2 quarters of game 6)...

Then after that, Mayweathers trainer told him to go back to what he knows best... Do what he does.... And fight with defense...

Mayweather DOMINATES the remaining rounds (last half of the 4th quarter and OT in Game 6, and all of Game 7), and that is that...

To suggest someone would f*ck up for 4 full quarters AND OT, then continue to f*ck up in a WHOLE NEW GAME, just to prove a point.... Yea, I'll say it....

The dumbest f*ckin thing I've ever heard in my life. (damn I wish I had your patience)

First 12345 Last