Originally posted on 06/25/2013:

I am not taking away anything from the Heat. They won, they persevered, they are the champions. I've never said that the Heat didn't deserve it either.

But, I find it implausible that Pop tried to do something wild and unexpected out of the blue in games 6 and 7 in order to receive some type of praise. A more rational explanation is that his family was kidnapped and he needed to get them back at all cost. Who does something wild that fails then goes on a hugging/kissing spree with the opposing players? Now if he just got his kids back you better believe he would be hugging everyone which he did...

You said he may have been showboating? Well isn't that a fix? He's doing something unconventional that he has no idea if it would work or fail? Isn't that dereliction of duty? Who does that? Oh, let me put in poor FT shooters when the other team has to foul. Isn't that fixing? It sure isn't winning???

and please show me where Pops made these same mistakes before? Please show me when he was down 3 and put in Splitter and Duncan at the same time??? Show me when he had Duncan out of the game late and didn't have Splitter in for rebounding? Show me when he kept a guy in shooting 1 for 19 then benched him when he made the 1 shot? Who watches a 10 point lead evaporate to a 4 point deficit while your 2 best players are sitting on the bench when they had control of the game?

I agree, it was wild, it was unexpected. It didn't work... Sounds more like a fix after your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
1)

I think what happened to Pop, was that he got caught trying to do something wild... and unexpected–*
so he would receive all kinds of praise afterwards.

It almost worked.