Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

D2D!

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

Quote Originally Posted by Overbettor View Post
    Hello?? Where is everyone? Hawks tonight perhaps?
    It used to be all joy and praise now when D2D walks into a room you can hear a rat piss on cotton.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8433

welcome back D2D. ive been in 3 5year long relationships so i know how it feels when they end. it hurts so much more than any physical pain! time does heal all wounds. taking time off to decompress was definitely the right thing to do imo.

frostie
    frostie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5663

don't let a bad break up tear you down, ive been down that road numerous times. cant even begin to mention how many times i never thought id make it and how many times i thought i was in the wrong for years. Your just in a bad mental state, when the dust settles you'll realize you did a lot of things right and your not the only one at fault for everything you think you are right now. Go out, get some random vag, always helps lol.

Minnesota Niice
    Minnesota Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!

For real man, get back in the game you need to sweat out some extra innings and some OT's to get your mind off of things

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14757

In the poker game of life, women are the rake.
    They are the fukking Rake.

Les "Worm" Murphy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shabang, and BIoodhound

Coreos
    Powdered Sugar Lines
    Coreos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Niice View Post
    For real man, get back in the game you need to sweat out some extra innings and some OT's to get your mind off of things

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

D2D! D2D! D2D!

Overbettor
    Overbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

Wtf?

Sick_in_the_Head
    Tx Rangers bitch!
    Sick_in_the_Head's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2826

this is sad

Cheddar11Cheese
    Cheddar11Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep it up brotha.

Nicksweger42
    Nicksweger42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1653

Dam looks like dude is really finished... didn't tall but really enjoyed checking who he was on and gaining a little insight... hope you come back in due time D2D

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

God hates a quitter!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Bring Back DJ Destroyer!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    this series hard to bet game2game cuz neither of these teams are Jekyll/Hyde home/away teams like Sharks/Kings...

this series could easily go 7 games, but not necessarily a "home cooking" series...

each game and the series SHOULD (?) be closer to a pk IMO...on that basis value with Boston at +140...

home cooking always nice...but too pricey for my taste...on value basis it's BOS, on "gotta win tonyt, don't care the price" basis it's CHI (altho' I'd prefer a baccarat flop on Banker@ -105...wins 50.68% of the time)...otherwise no play...

i played bos both gms in chi figuring they would split so obviously the +140ish was more appealing, took till 2nd gm but worked. figure they split in bos as well and seeing how hawks the dog (although less attractive) figured that where i would be, already bet before i heard that hossa get hit in the head during warmups, guess i might change my mind on the split if he is out? i dunno still think it goes back to chi 2-2, just not sure how strongly i feel if their leading playoff scorer is out? at least they have a day to prepare instead of like tonight where it was a last second thing..

speedracer122
    speedracer122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

d2d we miss you!

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Hi everyone.....thanks for your nice PMs, etc.

As everyone can obviously see I there has been a break in the action. At first I thought it would be VERY short lived, but it has dragged on now for a couple of weeks. For a little while I had lost my interest in the games....and if you aren't paying enough attention to the little nuances, you just cannot be productive. Couple that with my first real losing streak and I thought it best to take a break.....

Here is the crazy thing....I was enjoying NOT posting. I was enjoying NOT having to run to a computer or a hot spot to get my picks in. I was enjoying the complete and utter peace in my mind from not betting. NOW, when I need to figure out is if it was a break from the betting that has been good for me, or a break from posting.

Life has changed a lot these last two weeks....I have moved out of my ex and I's condo, I have moved into Vancouver proper and just yesterday I put in an offer on a beautiful condo right at Kits Beach (for those of you that aren't locals it is one of the nicest, most happening spots that could exist in any town), I landed the largest deal that I have ever signed for my current company AND I have been hitting the gym harder than ever. I am working on getting my mind right....yes, relationship issues can be a complete mind-f**k.

I didn't make one bet for almost a week and have been quite active the last two days. It has felt less compulsive and more.....well, more fun and I seem to be 'seeing' the games better. For a couple of weeks I didn't feel like I could find the edge required and that was something I had never experienced before. I have gone 10-3-2 over my last 15 wagers in the ATP, NHL and NBA (NBA was all live betting as I didn't want to bet the last game until I had watched a significant portion of the game).

Now....will I continue to bet or will I wait until the NFL comes around....that is the question. Of course I really wish that the NBA regular season was back....as we all know that was my best sport, with the NHL (especially the last 25 games of the season) also being very profitable. I am going to continue to wager 'off the grid' for the next little while....and if I am feeling good I MAY start to post here again......if not I will suspend wagers until the NFL and then start an NFL specific thread.

I do not want to abandon this thread....but at the same time I need to make sure (if I am going to post) that I am making the right wagers and that my personal life (which is usually so damn stable) is not getting in the way.....thanks again for all the support.

D2D
    Points Awarded:

XPenny gave Dollars2Donuts 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

grecycle99 gave Dollars2Donuts 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Good luck

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

just wait til football comes back bud

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I need to figure out is if it was

A) a break from the betting that has been good for me, or
    B) a break from posting.
    i suspect it's B) far more than A)

one of the truest of all expressions is this: "No good deed goes unpunished"

if/when u "come back", do it on your own terms, bro...bet for yourself...post as an all-in-one-place log that you let others look at, as a public service...but you don't owe any of us onlookers apologies or explanations...and completely ignore anyone with chronic diaper rash...the adults appreciate the herculean effort you've put in thus far to the thread...good to see u've applied that same attitude to sewing up some important loose threads in your life...

when u're ready to start posting again...always put your own needs first...bet, post & discuss with the large # of adults who appreciate that...and shun the thread-pollutants

keep on killing the "books" (aka. "the man", "the powers that be")...illegitimi non carborundum!

Last edited by fitguy67; 06-18-13 at 11:43 AM.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

You are probably right FG. I think my first mistake was that I kept putting wagers on the board when I was out of sorts (aka down in the dumps, aka feeling like a turd)....obviously that affects us, but I didn't see it at the time. Then, breaking all of my rules, I started to chase.....was I completely out of line? No. Did I break any of my bankroll management rules? No......

BUT, I knew I was pushing.

The next time this happens I will be able to identify it much sooner. Now, how am I doing BR-wise? I have had to step back down a level....and that sucks, BUT I am still WAY ahead for the experience.

As a last note I have Kevin Anderson -2 games and he is playing right now and down a set (7-6)......so throw some luck my way and let's see a comeback (only a one unit wager, but still!).

EDIT: Need a lot of luck now as Benneteau just broke him in the 2nd set....oh well.
    Last edited by Dollars2Donuts; 06-18-13 at 12:00 PM.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i played bos both gms in chi figuring they would split so obviously the +140ish was more appealing, took till 2nd gm but worked. figure they split in bos as well and seeing how hawks the dog (although less attractive) figured that where i would be, already bet before i heard that hossa get hit in the head during warmups, guess i might change my mind on the split if he is out? i dunno still think it goes back to chi 2-2, just not sure how strongly i feel if their leading playoff scorer is out? at least they have a day to prepare instead of like tonight where it was a last second thing..
    as far as the second-leg of your they-gotta-split chase...Chico at +120 doesn't seem quite enough to compensate for how handily the B's handled them last night + loss of Hossa...maybe books want to attract more money on B's with the small-neg bargain price on them (maybe inside-knowing that he'll be able to play) before catching a wave of Chicago-enthusiasm later when this becomes public...who knows...no "insider trading" legislation...and teams really secretive with press/public (but it's hard to believe BIG-money books can't buy clearer picture to help with their line-setting=money-attracting strategy)...

best thing, i think is to abandon the original "away team's gonna get a split" premise and treat the rest of the series one game at a time because in the end stages of a brutal 4-series war of attirtion injuries (Horton/Hossa/many other "walking wounded") are crucial game changers...

I personally will assume any big moves i see in the last hour before puck drop as being "in the know"...a worse price is definitely worth it in special situations like this, for the extra confirmation of following the smart money (and/or going counter to any traps set by the books to catch square bargain-hunters)

on the ice, chicago appears to be on the ropes NOW..but also they are NOT going to be easy to put away, even if Hossa done...and the sudden loss of a key player is the ONLY reason we had our first not-razor-thin result and why things look less like a coin-flip now...so we gotta keep our ear to the ground/eye to the line for "clues", cuz we'll never get real "news" about injuries
    Last edited by fitguy67; 06-18-13 at 12:47 PM.

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good grief you get this guy's bio along with picks. Now broken hearted has thrown a carrot for a possible return. If some of you had smarts real good you wouldn't have your fate rely on a flake.

Btw R2D2, I live at the gym to keep a steady flow of babes not to clear my head from being a loser.

bald_guy
    bald_guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5019

D2D,

Exactly what I told you to do in PM's. Wait for your sports to come back (that you make a lot of money with) and enjoy the summer. Time moves fast, and they will be back before you know it!! I really hope you take us with you when your sports do come back.

One thing I do wish you would do however, and that is official update your stats. I think you only got like 2 days worth of stats to update.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Givemhell Horns View Post
    Good grief you get this guy's bio along with picks. Now broken hearted has thrown a carrot for a possible return. If some of you had smarts real good you wouldn't have your fate rely on a flake.

Btw R2D2, I live at the gym to keep a steady flow of babes not to clear my head from being a loser.
    Lol, now this = funny.

I won't be offended, because you are clearly uninformed. If you had read the thread from the start you would realize that this has always been the case.....I have always posted other personal facts and if you aren't a fan of that type of a blog....well, then I am not offended....go and find another thread to read.

I wasn't throwing a carrot for a possible return either....I was saying I may be back soon (I am quietly going about my own business right now, and assessing how much I want to be wagering outside of my best sports), BUT if I am not I WILL be back when the NFL/NHL and NBA seasons are fully underway.

As for my stats Bald_Guy, could you go back those two days and do it for me? Or could soembody else? I would love them to be updated properly, but frankly don't have the time or the desire to look through all of these posts.....tougher when you lose too!

I am on the Blue Jays tonight and on the Spurs +7.....plus a bunch of other games....but those are my two favourite.

D2D

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Catch the over in the Spurs game if you can...it is still only at 202!!

Both coaches screaming to push the ball.....

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

PS, I put a LOAD of money out on it...lol. A great day with the my ball games looking good and the Bosox winning Game #1 today....now we just need this pace to continue, Wade's knee to hold up and shooting percentages to stay high and I will be popping a bottle of champagne at the end of the night.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Hmmm.....it seems the emotion of everything got ahead of the players....the last few minutes both teams were playing wreckless offense and good defense....stay away now I think....I will look for a chance to lay my bet off now....unless the first few minutes of the 2nd Q look a lot better.

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

198.5 now. Still looking to offload if it gets back to 202??

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Both teams pushing the ball pretty hard n shooting fairly early when they can't. Hopefully more start falling.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Nah...this game will go way under. I got it originally at 201.5 and unless OT is in the future I am done. They are backing out, no transition anymore, no 3s being shot....Miami finally playing like they NEED to win the game....

I will have to eat this wager....and KC gave up their late 3-1 lead to cost me there too....boo.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

D2D you seem like a real good dude who has his priorities straight and understands how to achieve good balance in life and it's importance. GL to you and hope to see ya back around here!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

GL!

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

I am almost in shock.....I covered all bets....

What a crazy night....I would post a screen shot even though I won't be counting the results....but somebody would say 'you only post when you win', lol.

First ... 101102103104105106107 ... Last