Docta Ignoranti
    Docta Ignoranti's Avatar Become A Pro!

Many books are looking at the cost effectiveness of PPH solutions over its own bookmaking cost. I know for a fact Skybook was in the midst of a major upgrade in regards to its infristructure and then went 360. If it cost you X/head using a "turnkey" vs. a massive payroll that puts you in the red, then the math adds up to move on. In the end, it's a business and for you to stay in business you need to make a profit. Hell, the owners of Skybook might not want to worry about the operational side anymore...Another situation could be the disinigration of post-up players due to the 06 law and or BOS taking a huge shit. Not knowing Skybook that well its all speculation, but its possible they have a credit shop that is stronger then its post up shop which would make sense...only they know for sure. Certainly they are not the first to move to a turnkey solution in this business. I wish them luck!

thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4445

well they ARE paying right now.....as soon as I read the first rumor on this about a week and a half ago I put through a ** and ** withdrawal to get my small balance out of there. They originally said 2 business days which they didn't meet, but I was given pickup info a week after request and picked up both transfers without issue. Hope everyone else gets paid!

xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3251

Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post
    well they ARE paying right now.....as soon as I read the first rumor on this about a week and a half ago I put through a ** and ** withdrawal to get my small balance out of there. They originally said 2 business days which they didn't meet, but I was given pickup info a week after request and picked up both transfers without issue. Hope everyone else gets paid!
    thegame24, how much in fees did you have to pay?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

it is like 51 for ** for 800 and 65 for ** for 1000 i think

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I think they have just become a MUCH smaller book.

The payout fees are too much, to even consider them as an out....anymore.

MrEyeball
    MrEyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I tried to log on with my account number, well nada it doesnt take it.

thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4445

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    thegame24, how much in fees did you have to pay?
    68 in fees for the ** and 61 for the **

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a conversation with the GM of Skybook this morning. He assured me that players experiences would not change. The phone numbers remain the same, email addresses for support in case you have a question etc.

The operational changes were made for internal business reasons, but Skybook's management team has remained on staff.

Neteller payments should also improve with reduced wait times, but Skybook is still much slower than other shops with Neteller, which SBR has reported on earlier this month. Skybook will try to improve this during the NFL year.

There were some glitches early on with the software, but Skybook states those should be resolved. Anybody with any problem can always file an SBR complaint form if emailing Skybook doesn't resolve your issues.

andrea
    andrea's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah! They are dodgy so better take your money out now...

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

any mention of book to book transfers?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Skybook has never been a bad book but I just never really liked them.

I got a great feel for books.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need to update their software to include the Free Half Point. Also, stop logging me out so often!

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

In terms of odds offering, it will be tough for them to get worse. Early reports is the software and selection is better. But that doesn't speak to whether they will pay going forward.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Just got a $1k ** payout from Skybook today and will collect another $1k Friday. Note that payouts are now coming from Philippines instead of Costa Rica. Otherwise, all is still well with SkyBook.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I did my own interview, they held up well.

AmericanEagle
    AmericanEagle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please don´t take your money out just yet, I need to get paid by them first!

AmericanEagle
    AmericanEagle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just don´t take it out yet please, I used to work there, and I´m waiting for my severence

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Like many medium-size shops, they were hit hard by the eWallet exits from North America. They didn't have a good processing team to keep them in the game and eventually had to decide if they were going for it or going to sell or link up with someone. It's probably a good move for them. Players get better lines options and didn't need the office or server gear as they got smaller. SBR could have downgraded them when they weren't investing in Neteller and left them at B- or C+ during the move. We'll see how they do.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

thanks for the explanation bill

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I should add that they are still doing their own banking. With player moving money in for them at the start of football they should get better. Players should use caution with any book that can't process at the start of foots.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
    Please don´t take your money out just yet, I need to get paid by them first!
    I really believe you'll get paid. But if not, you can have my entire $10k balance at local Cascade--tell Lenny I said it was OK.

golfbet
    golfbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

I got paid about 1K a week ago via **.

Utah
    Utah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Requested a $1000 and a $850 payout less than 72 hours ago. Cash already in hand.

I have always liked Skybook. I am keeping a balance there.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^shill?

rm18
    Update your status

unreal i thought I was broke logged in and I got $137

rm18
    Update your status

and MLB overnights are $100 limit also unreal

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    I had a conversation with the GM of Skybook this morning. He assured me that players experiences would not change. The phone numbers remain the same, email addresses for support in case you have a question etc.

The operational changes were made for internal business reasons, but Skybook's management team has remained on staff.

Neteller payments should also improve with reduced wait times, but Skybook is still much slower than other shops with Neteller, which SBR has reported on earlier this month. Skybook will try to improve this during the NFL year.

There were some glitches early on with the software, but Skybook states those should be resolved. Anybody with any problem can always file an SBR complaint form if emailing Skybook doesn't resolve your issues.
    when do they start doing transfers again with thegreek and cris?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I will check on this. Im in CR this week and plan to visit CRIS.

Keep in mind sometimes its more personal than business. In this case, Skybook owns the Rx which owns a line service that has been in court with CRIS. Yea its a little complicated but message is dont read a lot into transfers unless you know the situation.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

BTW, did Skybook just change to a 20c line today? Or is it just my account? I just logged into my account and see the Cubs at -144 with the comeback at +124.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    BTW, did Skybook just change to a 20c line today? Or is it just my account? I just logged into my account and see the Cubs at -144 with the comeback at +124.
    It was weird. Saw a -105/-105 game, other 10 cent lines, some 15 cent lines and some 20 cent lines. And some of the 20 cents were on relatively low lines--like the Cubs # you mentioned. I guess they still have some bugs to work out.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Thanks for your reply, HedgeHog. That's what I noticed too. The overnight lines were 10c and all of a sudden, they were 20c. As the morning progressed, some were back to 10c and some 15c. Must be software or some other bug.

First 12