Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lakers +1100 to win the West

Still confident in my original Lakers Heat prediction. LA will knock out anyone out of the West. Any team will be lucky to win 2 games against the Lakers (with the exception of maybe the Clippers if everyone is healthy) in a 7 game series. I just sprinkled 100 on it. Watch and see.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

The clippers fukkin suck. They are the NBA's version of the Harlem Globetrotters, fun to watch, not fun if you want them to win anything.

Oh, and the Lakers will be golfing when the postseason starts.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

this might turn into a decent bet, if they are the 7/8 seed they will probably be pretty big dogs first round (spurs/thunder) but then might be favored 2nd rd vs a 3/4/5/6 team

if you feel confident they will make the playoffs, they probably have at least 1/3rd of a chance vs spurs and thunder, so the math works, good luck

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

dude.. you're smoking crack

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Do you really think they will gather enough momentum before the playoffs? They've been absolutely horrific this season, even last night they were lucky to pull through after Portland kept bricking their easy shots.

I honestly don't see them improving in time to face off against a team like the Spurs or OKC. Where are you getting this confidence from?

tto827

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Less than 30% chance of making the playoffs, and a .6% chance of making the finals. 6 times out of a 1000 is just a tad bit -EV at +1100.

tto827

Goat, I'll give you Lakers win the west at +2500 for any amount of points you want, lemme know.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave tto827 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Less than 30% chance of making the playoffs, and a .6% chance of making the finals. 6 times out of a 1000 is just a tad bit -EV at +1100.
    that computer is crazy, give me 2-1 on the lakers making the playoffs and i'll take it

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    that computer is crazy, give me 2-1 on the lakers making the playoffs and i'll take it
    It may not be super accurate, but Lakers to win the west is under 5% any way you cut it.

I wouldn't offer 2-1, I got on the Lakers miss the playoffs when it was -135, and would think right now +180 or so is fair for Lakers to make the playoffs

Italy
    Italy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

I hope dallas will make the playoffs...not the lakers

milwaukee mike

^^ based on their record 5% to win the west might be reasonable, but based on their talent level i think the +1100 or better might be worth a flier. One of those situations where they could "figure it out" and look very good.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Oh, and the Lakers will be golfing when the postseason starts.
    yep

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Could be interesting. Although I really don't like them against the spurs. I do think they stand a decent chance against okc since they've turned into an all star team. I think it's a worth a play of for nothing else to hedge later

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Do you really think they will gather enough momentum before the playoffs? They've been absolutely horrific this season, even last night they were lucky to pull through after Portland kept bricking their easy shots.

I honestly don't see them improving in time to face off against a team like the Spurs or OKC. Where are you getting this confidence from?
    If the lakers make the playoffs they will have been playing great ball (.700 type ball) as they enter. A 7 game series is far different than 1 game at a time. Any team that has Dwight Howard is built for a 7 game series. Dwight is a clown but it takes a beating on your body having to guard that guy every other night. Trust me. That's why Orlando was always a Eastern Conference contender despite having an average team. Then of court you have Bryant and Nash who are two of the highest IQ guys in the game. So if/when they lose a game to a team, they are bound to make necessary adjustments only playing 2 days later.

The biggest Laker weakness is the transition defense because their guys are pretty slow. But, in the playoffs, the game turns into a half court game, you don't get as many fast break opportunities. Lakers halfcourt offense has the potential to be the best in the NBA.

In the playoffs, Bryant will guard all the best players. The guys like BigDOA who say "oh, Nash can't guard Westbrook for 7 games" don't really know what they're talking about because Nash wouldn't guard Westbrook. Bryant would. He's probably guard Parker too.

I'm not worried about the Spurs at all. Tim Duncan is way too small to guard Dwight Howard. He'll take a beating down low. Spurs are way too small of a team to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. If they can avoid L.A., Spurs can easily make it out of the West.

tto827

^^ based on their record 5% to win the west might be reasonable, but based on their talent level i think the +1100 or better might be worth a flier. One of those situations where they could "figure it out" and look very good.
    I would have agreed a month ago, and still sort of do. But I just cannot envision them figuring it out. If they decided to try and win games 95-90 instead of 110-107 they might have a chance, but til Dantoni is gone, that isn't happening.

Goat Milk

Goat, I'll give you Lakers win the west at +2500 for any amount of points you want, lemme know.
    Transferring 50 points now.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Transferring 50 points now.
    Ok.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Still confident in my original Lakers Heat prediction. LA will knock out anyone out of the West. Any team will be lucky to win 2 games against the Lakers (with the exception of maybe the Clippers if everyone is healthy) in a 7 game series. I just sprinkled 100 on it. Watch and see.

How absurd is that comment.

What has this team shown that can make you believe ANYTHING like that. This is pure ignorance and just blind hope that some how this team becomes a powerhouse within a matter of weeks and your bets/claims/threads will come true and you can act like you are God. Because that's what will happen if they win the West, but if they lose or don't even make playoffs, you will act like nothing happened.

And if you really do know basketball that well and have 'reasons' for why this team is as good as u think they are....why in the world have they put themselves in a position that not only do they need to play perfect ball for the next couple of months, but they also have to depend on OTHER teams to lose just so they can grab a playoff spot.

As for playoffs, I think its even a stretch to say Lakers make the playoffs cuz like we all know, it depends on literally everything going right for Lakers (one of the teams dropping out of the spot, LA go on a ridic. run). And Lakers will be the ones lucky to get passed the first round. OKC or Spurs....OKC no way...Spurs they got a chance but i dont see them beating Popvich 4x (remember hack-a-howard)

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Better off doing an open parlay on playoff series' that the Lakers would have to win to win the west ultimately

And if the Lakers don't make the playoffs which seems to be about 50/50 anyway you save yourself money

milwaukee mike

^^mldawg, i'm guessing +200 rd 1, -200 rd 2, +150 rd 3 if it's okc/whoever/spurs so that might not be better

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

this is stupid

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

^^mldawg, i'm guessing +200 rd 1, -200 rd 2, +150 rd 3 if it's okc/whoever/spurs so that might not be better
    How do you factor in the 70% chance they miss the playoffs altogether though if that number is correct

Also, they would be closer to +300 in rd. 1 IMO

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post

How absurd is that comment.

What has this team shown that can make you believe ANYTHING like that. This is pure ignorance and just blind hope that some how this team becomes a powerhouse within a matter of weeks and your bets/claims/threads will come true and you can act like you are God. Because that's what will happen if they win the West, but if they lose or don't even make playoffs, you will act like nothing happened.

And if you really do know basketball that well and have 'reasons' for why this team is as good as u think they are....why in the world have they put themselves in a position that not only do they need to play perfect ball for the next couple of months, but they also have to depend on OTHER teams to lose just so they can grab a playoff spot.

As for playoffs, I think its even a stretch to say Lakers make the playoffs cuz like we all know, it depends on literally everything going right for Lakers (one of the teams dropping out of the spot, LA go on a ridic. run). And Lakers will be the ones lucky to get passed the first round. OKC or Spurs....OKC no way...Spurs they got a chance but i dont see them beating Popvich 4x (remember hack-a-howard)
    Just like people laughed at me in 2010 when the Heat formed. They went like what 4-15 or some shit against teams over .500? They lost like every game in the regular season to the Bulls. And I stated, "any team would be lucky to even win 1 game in a 7 game series versus miami." So mia cruises, then gets to the east to play bulls. They lose game 1. everyone laughs at my thread. miami wins next 4. if it weren't for Lebron having an epic Meltdown in the finals, miami was on it's way to sweeping Dallas perhaps. Point is that I knew teams like that are built for a 7 game series. The Lakers were BUILT for a 7 game series, not the regular season.

You think Miami couldn't go 70-12 if they wanted? Believe me, they could. They just don't care. Wade doesn't care. That's why Wade was averaging 30 a game against Dallas in the finals 2 years ago and dominated Westbrook last year. That's all he cares about. The Finals. Now that playoffs are around the corner you're gonna see a different intensity from the Lakers, trust me on that.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

The detroit crackhead has spoken.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Just like people laughed at me in 2010 when the Heat formed. They went like what 4-15 or some shit against teams over .500? They lost like every game in the regular season to the Bulls. And I stated, "any team would be lucky to even win 1 game in a 7 game series versus miami." So mia cruises, then gets to the east to play bulls. They lose game 1. everyone laughs at my thread. miami wins next 4. if it weren't for Lebron having an epic Meltdown in the finals, miami was on it's way to sweeping Dallas perhaps. Point is that I knew teams like that are built for a 7 game series. The Lakers were BUILT for a 7 game series, not the regular season.

You think Miami couldn't go 70-12 if they wanted? Believe me, they could. They just don't care. Wade doesn't care. That's why Wade was averaging 30 a game against Dallas in the finals 2 years ago and dominated Westbrook last year. That's all he cares about. The Finals. Now that playoffs are around the corner you're gonna see a different intensity from the Lakers, trust me on that.
    This years Lakers and that year's Miami are worlds apart in every situation. First of all, Miami didn't have anywhere the degree of struggles the Lakers have. There was never a point were Miami was in danger of not making the playoffs. Yes they had their struggles which most people who watch this sport realized might happen. And it wasn't a bold prediction to say Miami will beat the bulls that year...and I thought it was a given once the playoffs started. Sure some ppl argued that you were wrong and Bulls will beat them (which wasn't out of line, since Bulls had been playing extremely well). Just couldn't do anything when LeBron shut down Rose.

And I'm a also firm believer Miami slacks during the regular season at times...but its because they are in a different situation than Lakers. There is no reason for them to play their hearts out. Whereas Lakers, they have every reason to. And yeah I see what you're saying about 'built for 7 game series' and of course playoffs will be a different scenario for Lakers. But like I said, if they are really capable of playing that well in a playoff series, they sure as hell would be capable of playing ATLEAST decent enough in the regular season to make the playoffs and not be depending on other teams. You honestly think they're purposely slacking and taking a gamble? No fkn way...its truly cuz this team has issues.

Either way, the Miami comparison is irrelevant. You cant honestly tell me you were the only one who thought Miami would beat Bulls that year and/or win the championship. MANY people believed that. This is purely different...you're claiming a team that hasn't been good enuf to even make the playoffs yet will suddenly be SO good that not only will they beat their opponents, but will sweep or win 4-1? Absurd.

My point is, I think deep down you know you're taking a wild shot here with such bold claims - and tbh, I'm not saying there's no chance they make playoffs and go far...I'm saying its so minimal that its ridiculous to think it let alone be as confident as you are. And its a nice gamble cuz u know if they somehow win the West you're gonna take all the glory whereas if they lose, it'll be nothing more than the equivalent of losing a +1100 play (aka it wont mean anything), because it was something that was almost obvious.

nbafanatic2012
    nbafanatic2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have lost yo mindzz

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Name:  rickjames.gif
Views: 566
Size:  799.3 KB

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

You'd be better off having an open parlay

Lakers to make playoffs
    Lakers +whatever round one
    Lakers round 2
    Lakers round 3

Even then it won't win so it's irrelevant but that would likely pay better than +1100

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Goat who is missing the playoffs then?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

STUPID GOATSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    This years Lakers and that year's Miami are worlds apart in every situation. First of all, Miami didn't have anywhere the degree of struggles the Lakers have. There was never a point were Miami was in danger of not making the playoffs. Yes they had their struggles which most people who watch this sport realized might happen. And it wasn't a bold prediction to say Miami will beat the bulls that year...and I thought it was a given once the playoffs started. Sure some ppl argued that you were wrong and Bulls will beat them (which wasn't out of line, since Bulls had been playing extremely well). Just couldn't do anything when LeBron shut down Rose.

And I'm a also firm believer Miami slacks during the regular season at times...but its because they are in a different situation than Lakers. There is no reason for them to play their hearts out. Whereas Lakers, they have every reason to. And yeah I see what you're saying about 'built for 7 game series' and of course playoffs will be a different scenario for Lakers. But like I said, if they are really capable of playing that well in a playoff series, they sure as hell would be capable of playing ATLEAST decent enough in the regular season to make the playoffs and not be depending on other teams. You honestly think they're purposely slacking and taking a gamble? No fkn way...its truly cuz this team has issues.

Either way, the Miami comparison is irrelevant. You cant honestly tell me you were the only one who thought Miami would beat Bulls that year and/or win the championship. MANY people believed that. This is purely different...you're claiming a team that hasn't been good enuf to even make the playoffs yet will suddenly be SO good that not only will they beat their opponents, but will sweep or win 4-1? Absurd.

My point is, I think deep down you know you're taking a wild shot here with such bold claims - and tbh, I'm not saying there's no chance they make playoffs and go far...I'm saying its so minimal that its ridiculous to think it let alone be as confident as you are. And its a nice gamble cuz u know if they somehow win the West you're gonna take all the glory whereas if they lose, it'll be nothing more than the equivalent of losing a +1100 play (aka it wont mean anything), because it was something that was almost obvious.
    No if they lose I am putting my credibility on the line. I'm guaranteeing that they win the West, even at +1100. This is the NBA, so when I guarantee something and I lose, I'm done for. this is my sport. If I'm wrong I will be harder on myself than anyone.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Goat who is missing the playoffs then?
    Rockets or Jazz

Chill I don't think that would pay better but I could be wrong. If Lakers beat OKC/SA in the first round, they are gonna be the favorites to win the West after that. trust me.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh goat. I gotta hand it to you though....this is entertainment.

123 Last