TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    No way that was catchable anyway
    doesn't have to be catchable for a holding call. only pass interference.

obvious hold. first full of jersey and both arms draped around. if thats not holding, I dont know what is.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

That certainly wasn't a hold the way the refs called that game. They were letting a lot of downfield contact go. Torrey Smith was mugged on a few occasions.

Jim Harbaugh botched the game more than any referee.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you don't hand over a SB on a silver platter on a ticky tac call in the Super Bowl on a 4th down for a team that put themselves down 22 in the 2nd half!

how dumb are you to post this?

and I have no bias... if Niners scored a TD I was still going to cash my Lock bet on Ravens +4.5

you really want the refs to determine the SB like they did in 2005??? wow
    That was "ticky tac"? Interesting.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    That certainly wasn't a hold the way the refs called that game. They were letting a lot of downfield contact go. Torrey Smith was mugged on a few occasions.

49'ers lost 2 timeouts they shouldn't have... needed them after the failed 4th down. their own fault... oh and the whole getting down by 22 in the 3rd quarter thing? yeahhhh

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

No way you make that call there, they had already swallowed the whistle. There were two blatant offensive holding calls that were missed on the same drive, I mean where guys were pulled to the ground.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Well shit, new strategy at the end of game in the Superbowl. Just tackle the receivers since the refs shouldn't throw a flag in that situation. That's holding 95% of the time, why not at the end of the biggest game of the year. I don't really care anyway, glad the Ravens won.

SoonerC

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post

This absolutely. The refs were consistent, all you can ask for.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerC View Post
    This absolutely. The refs were consistent, all you can ask for.
    I didn't have a problem with the way the game was called. They let them play.

I also so a few hits that would have been penalties in the regular season and they let them go. It was refreshing.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO, you have to make that call there.

after the holding, its still 1st and goal from the 3.5 yard line. game STILL gets DECIDED on the field, where it should be. you cant eliminate a teams ability to throw to end zone by taking holding and PI calls off the table with under 2 min to play. its hard enough to throw the ball from inside the 10 yard line as it is. that was an OBVIOUS HOLD

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

refs let plays like that go all the time in 2001, 2003, 2004 for the Patriots defense in their SB seasons

SoonerC

The DB let go just in time, he played it well.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    refs let plays like that go all the time in 2001, 2003, 2004 for the Patriots defense in their SB seasons
    Didn't the Niners do the same thing against Atlanta?

Anyway, I don't think there was anyway that pass was getting completed anyway. There was still a safety back there and it was thrown out of the end zone. It was desperation heave.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

poor randy moss

qb should have just zipped a pass to Randy instead and let him grab it high with his hands

stupid ass fade that he overthrew anyways

BigDofBA

Bottom line, we can psycho analyze one play all day long. Baltimore was the better team for 60 minutes. That's why they were up 28-6 and never trailed in the game.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Didn't the Niners do the same thing against Atlanta?

Anyway, I don't think there was anyway that pass was getting completed anyway. There was still a safety back there and it was thrown out of the end zone. It was desperation heave.
    I have no need to be here and back the call. If Niners scored and went for 2 and went up 37-34, my bet still wins. Only a last second desperate heave pick 6 would have beat me and if someone intercepted Flacco in the closing seconds... they would immediately go down to the ground to seal the win.

It was the correct call, they let these defenses play ball tonight.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Baltimore offense didn't do shit for the last 30 minutes. 6 miserable points on offense was just enough to hold on. Jacoby Jones' return was the difference.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed. You could have called PI on either guy on that last play which in itself lends to a good place for a no-call. Crabtree pushed off just as much as the DB grabbed him.I had no vested interest on that play either.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    No way that was catchable anyway
    the penalty should have been illegal contact, that would have been a first down from the 3 and a half

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Kap should have scrambled and run a zone option

never even came close to that there

instead you do the 3rd best thing for him...forward pass

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

dumb play calling on 3rd and fourth down ,,,,

two of the most unprepared and stupid looking plays ..... even the two point conversion earlier was a stupid play.... 49ers were clueless and unprepared within the 10 yard marker and thats why they lost

holding the fuk outta crabtree didnt help but the 9ers were retarded and shouldve had empty shogun spread and find 1 on 1 mismatc instead of doing stupid strong side rollouts and a hopeless fade prayer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Konabk attack
    Konabk attack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Wrong

You were wrong, there were several "missed" calls on the 49ers. Man up and say... you chose the wrong side.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Bottom line.....

Calling the fade on 4th down is a lousy play call.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the way the game was called. They let them play.

I also so a few hits that would have been penalties in the regular season and they let them go. It was refreshing.

Yes finally it looked like a football game again. I found it very refreshing too. I thought both players were holding each other , ravens on the outside , Crabtree on the inside. That's how he was able to take the ravens DB to the ground. They let the players play all game. Why would that change on 4th and goal for the super bowl? It was a great game anyway. Let's not be sore losers fellas.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ravens were very lucky to leave with the win.....flacco turned back into himself in the 2nd half.....SF got beat with a KICKOFF return and lucky hail mary....which the guy jumped LOL....touch him and he is down...playcalling shit iteslt on the last drive and for some reason, the REF didnt wanna make the call....i mean he was 1-2 steps off a catchable ball.....almost gotta throw that right....not a ref determining outcome...its a player making a bad decision...ravens has 2-3 PI called for them.....SF deserved and earned that call.....refs sold them a little short....IMO

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

As I always do with Big games, I rewatch them and look how its called......OPIE is right....terrible call throwing a fade BUT I SWEAR HE SAW THE HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE EXPECTED THAT CALL!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Ravens were very lucky to leave with the win.....flacco turned back into himself in the 2nd half.....SF got beat with a KICKOFF return and lucky hail mary....which the guy jumped LOL....touch him and he is down...playcalling shit iteslt on the last drive and for some reason, the REF didnt wanna make the call....i mean he was 1-2 steps off a catchable ball.....almost gotta throw that right....not a ref determining outcome...its a player making a bad decision...ravens has 2-3 PI called for them.....SF deserved and earned that call.....refs sold them a little short....IMO

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Could have been called but I've seen worse.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

ravens were the better coached team even with the stupid fake fg. niners waste 2 timeouts in the 2nd half and get an illegal formation on the first play, also some shaky play calls.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

crabtree does push off also. i hd the ravens +3.5 and +4 and thought it was a no call in regular speed. i saw legal contact and i saw a pushoff by crabtree. in slow mo i see a slight hold of the hands of crabtree but it actually looks incidental, it doesn't look like the cornerback is actually trying to hold him. i think its two guys jostling for position, no blatant call either way. the throw landing out of bounds doesn't help. even if crabtree is free i dont think he can catch that.

Rellik
    Rellik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4386

That call could have gone either way but that sure compensated for that power outage. Now that's bullshit!!!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Horrific no call, but the refs no call in the atl game allow the 49ers to get to the superbowl to begin with.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Definitely illegal contact, and probably holding. The one I'm more upset with is the no offensive PI call on Baltimore before the two minute warning in the 1st half.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

If you need the refs to help you get in the end zone
    on 4 tries, you don't deserve the SB.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Fits right into the theme of 2012-13. One big clusterfvck re: the zebras.
    Coin crying again cause he misread the line to spot the wittle fix job

Except your failure eye to eye coin and learn from your mistakes for once instead of finding someone to blame it on,

in this case the refs or zebras as you like to call em.............

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    If you need the refs to help you get in the end zone
    on 4 tries, you don't deserve the SB.
    Snowey!! here's to our GIANT score!!

First 12345 Last