sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    ok you're right someone saying they should make drugs illegal makes sense
    because you know drugs are legal and everything

notice how I am just making a statement about that point specifically not the post as a whole
    as a whole I agree that banning guns will not eliminate them, but saying "they should make drugs illegal" is idiotic since they already are illegal

is that dumbed down enough
    You are wasting your time my friend

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    oh this is good one, of all the excuses that dont make sense this one of the most creative ones

'we need guns to protect us from the police'

things are even worse than I thought in the ol US of A, here I thought I had to worry about the fact that any nut job can legaly own a gun

now I'm learning that I have to watch out cause the police is out to get me

how about this, why dont you just ban guns altogether, and just hire better people to be police officers? see I found you a solution already
    Are you not familiar with US History, and the reason behind our 2nd Amendment?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Are you not familiar with US History, and the reason behind our 2nd Amendment?

It does not matter. This is 2012. There is no excuse for private citizens to have guns. Should Germans all carry guns because of there history?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It does not matter. This is 2012. There is no excuse for private citizens to have guns. Should Germans all carry guns because of there history?
    would a north korean in a gulag today have an 'excuse' to have one?

lakerboy

Wow. Comparing north korea to your own country.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

It does not matter. This is 2012. There is no excuse for private citizens to have guns.
    Police are only mins away when it's a matter of life in death in a few seconds

lakerboy

Paco I have never had a gun nor do I need one. Then again I live in a safer area then you do. Maybe if americans never had that right to have guns they would not be in a crime infested situation.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

notice how I am just making a statement about that point specifically not the post as a whole
    as a whole I agree that banning guns will not eliminate them, but saying "they should make drugs illegal" is idiotic since they already are illegal

Learn to use puncuation and I might consider responding to your retard libfag ass.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Refresh unless the maniac is a sharpshooter your brain is safe from his bullets

Clearly drugs are illegal you fuckin tool...the comment I made was a bit of sarcasm used as an example that banning something has almost no effect on those who truly want it getting it.

If you are hellbent to go on a killing spree you will not concern yourself with the illegal nature of getting a gun because its already highly illegal to go around killing ppl so laws are clearly not something you're too worried about breaking especially when you plan on blowing your brains out right after (thus you're not going to face the law anyway)
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-15-12 at 11:12 PM.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Darker good thread

Darker take me now

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

lol, LB dont' even waste your time bro.

at the end of the day, the people on here with guns in real life are socially awkward people, you know, the type of person that you know through your other friends that you think are weird as hell, and if you ever met the guy without being acquainted by your friend you would never associate yourself with. Because if you find the need to carry a gun, your life isn't headed the right way, or your mind isn't right. You buy a gun to make yourself feel good, but you probably could not shoot another man. And if anyone response saying they would, seriously go stfu, because if you have the balls to take another man's life with your stupid gun, you are just as mentally ill as this kid that just shot up these children. If you live in a dangerous neighborhood and honestly have a gun to protect yourself and don't boast about it on the internet, then at least you are being responsible, but the gun laws do need a change. I don't see a ban on guns happening because some people (people who own businesses in a high crime area, should be allowed a gun BUT it should only be stored at their business in a safe where if you open it it should also alert the police at the same time as well). All these pro gun people here will learn their lesson that guns are bad when they lose their own lives or their families because of guns.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    Learn to use puncuation and I might consider responding to your retard libfag ass.
    Refresh was shot 20 times in the head...none of the bullets came close to his brain

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post

at the end of the day, the people on here with guns in real life are socially awkward people, you know, the type of person that you know through your other friends that you think are weird as hell, and if you ever met the guy without being acquainted by your friend you would never associate yourself with. Because if you find the need to carry a gun, your life isn't headed the right way, or your mind isn't right. You buy a gun to make yourself feel good, but you probably could not shoot another man. And if anyone response saying they would, seriously go stfu, because if you have the balls to take another man's life with your stupid gun, you are just as mentally ill as this kid that just shot up these children. If you live in a dangerous neighborhood and honestly have a gun to protect yourself and don't boast about it on the internet, then at least you are being responsible, but the gun laws do need a change. I don't see a ban on guns happening because some people (people who own businesses in a high crime area, should be allowed a gun BUT it should only be stored at their business in a safe where if you open it it should also alert the police at the same time as well). All these pro gun people here will learn their lesson that guns are bad when they lose their own lives or their families because of guns.
    Id say half the homes in this country have a gun...generalizing much?

I will say that assault rifles probably should be banned simply bc I dont understand their purpose, you cant hunt with them (beyond a 5 round magazine which makes it essentially just a rifle given such low capacity) and there is really no defensible reason (other than a dozen ppl breaking into your house at once) that you could justify owning one. Other than war there is really no use for an assault rifle other than just they are just "fun to shoot" at the range or at your local movie theater
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-15-12 at 11:48 PM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post

I agree. Second amendment at the time made sense. Times have changed, if people think their guns will give them any shot at overtaking government or keep them in check need to think a couple of times, maybe get some fresh air. Your petty handguns and " semi" automatics against the government

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

hardly. you said "This is 2012", which implies you believe in today's modern age, totalarian governments can not exist. but in fact they do, and the 2nd amendment was put into place as a measure to prevent that from happening here.

i've never read someone as gung ho as you to relinquish all power to a government, a bought and paid for one at that. it's quite scary and you must inherently not like freedom.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

can't believe this thread turned into individual arguments...

This is not the time/place for measuring dick size...

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    can't believe this thread turned into individual arguments...

This is not the time/place for measuring dick size...
    exactly

no reason to start individual augments

not the time or place

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Ok can we all agree on this? The gun was not responsible for the murders it was the person. That being said certain types of guns make it very easy for a quick mass shooting (Reports are it was only 8 minutes after he left his car he was dead) we can live without those guns and go hunting or feel protected without them. Those are the ones that lawmakers need to do something about. For people to stand up and try to protect those still being legal is pretty selfish.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Ok can we all agree on this? The gun was not responsible for the murders it was the person. That being said certain types of guns make it very easy for a quick mass shooting (Reports are it was only 8 minutes after he left his car he was dead) we can live without those guns and go hunting or feel protected without them. Those are the ones that lawmakers need to do something about. For people to stand up and try to protect those still being legal is pretty selfish.
    I am actually amazed no shooter has used an illegal gun yet...can you imagine what would happen with a fully automatic weapon?

chilidog

It does matter. The 2nd amendment was put into place to protect us from our own government. Are you not familiar with US History? Go read up on it.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

It does matter. The 2nd amendment was put into place to protect us from our own government. Are you not familiar with US History? Go read up on it.
    In all fairness that is when only muskets were around not high powered .50cal pistols.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8433

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I am actually amazed no shooter has used an illegal gun yet...can you imagine what would happen with a fully automatic weapon?
    unfortunately it could blow away 100's of people every minute. the way this country is deteriorating...its bound to eventually happen if nothing changes.

chilidog

The issue shouldn't be gun control. Anybody that is truly arguing gun control isn't thinking deeply enough. What has changed in society where these shootings are happening? When I was a teen, we used to keep our hunting rifles in our trucks (grew up in the country), and there was no issue with driving our trucks to school. Nobody went around shooting up schools. Why is it happening now? It's not because guns are available - guns have always been available.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RogueScholar, and onacloud

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    In all fairness that is when only muskets were around not high powered .50cal pistols.
    And most people only owned one musket if any because they were so expensive. They were thinking the constitution with what firepower was available at that time in history.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The issue shouldn't be gun control. Anybody that is truly arguing gun control isn't thinking deeply enough. What has changed in society where these shootings are happening? When I was a teen, we used to keep our hunting rifles in our trucks (grew up in the country), and there was no issue with driving our trucks to school. Nobody went around shooting up schools. Why is it happening now? It's not because guns are available - guns have always been available.
    Agree with you 100%

My Dad told me when he went to university everyone brought their rifles and went hunting on weekends.

Different times for sure.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This is a very interesting article that I haven't stopped thinking about since reading it. Not sure many here have the time or desire, but if you get a few minutes, take a look if you can. I'm not sure what I'd do in her position but it reinforces my gut belief that the issue in the US is one of mental illness and the treatment and care one receives or not; not access to guns.

I Am Adam Lanza's Mother

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Absolutely. Grew up carrying a rifle in my truck. Had it with me in the school parking lot no telling how many times. Can you imagine if someone did that now?

In the area I live now, you still see folks with guns in the vehicle. It never even crosses your mind that it could be used for anything other than hunting.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    it reinforces my gut belief that the issue in the US is one of mental illness and the treatment and care one receives or not; not access to guns.
    I think its many issues and very complicated and often inter-related ones

as someone in the mental health field, I like to talk deeply about why the US appears to have such a prevalence of mental health issues and I question what more we can do to further the treatment and care that people receive.

there are so simple answers that is for sure.

but situations like this seem to beg people to supply simple questions

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

This is a very interesting article that I haven't stopped thinking about since reading it. Not sure many here have the time or desire, but if you get a few minutes, take a look if you can. I'm not sure what I'd do in her position but it reinforces my gut belief that the issue in the US is one of mental illness and the treatment and care one receives or not; not access to guns.

I Am Adam Lanza's Mother
    for those who have never dealt with someone with a mental illness, it's impossible to understand how much of a challenge it is to deal with that person....and i couldnt imagine how amplified that is when it's a child...there's nothing in a parent's manual that could prepare someone to deal with this because the behavior is so bizarre and unpredictable

nothing good can come from friday, period....but if it opens up discussion on treating mental illness then it would help prevent things like this occurring in the future....i agree that there are plenty of people who live with mental illness and the thought of doing what this deranged asshole did never crosses their mind...but all of those people still deserve better nonetheless
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave InTheDrink 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I Am Adam Lanza's Mother
    will read in a bit

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

I think its many issues and very complicated and often inter-related ones

as someone in the mental health field, I like to talk deeply about why the US appears to have such a prevalence of mental health issues and I question what more we can do to further the treatment and care that people receive.

there are so simple answers that is for sure.

but situations like this seem to beg people to supply simple questions
    I'm not sure the US even has a prevalence of mental health issues in comparison to like countries or if it's just a matter of differing systems in place available to treat them. The peer-reviewed studies I've seen seem to lean one way but I always prefer to hear from people who actually work on the front line so to speak on any topic as stats and whatever else will only tell so much. I do know that men are predisposed to certain disorders over women and those specific disorders are more likely to lead them to act out in this way than others. That data has been steady since my mum was completing her studies in fossil times. And when 57% of all gun deaths today are suicides - which don't make the news obviously - then there's something that needs to be addressed. I keep thinking of that Batman shooter trying to call his uni psych 9 minutes before he started to open fire. Would it have changed anything if she had been able to answer and talk him down? Or is the problem that he needed to be talked down at all while out in public? I totally respect what you, and ITH and your colleagues do in a very under-funded, misunderstood system. My mother lived and breathed being a Psych but it was in a country that completely supported not only her work but those who suffered from mental illness. And yet she still carried a lot of grief when she lost someone. So I'm not sure what the perfect solution is I guess.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Micheal Moore comments on the Connecticut shootings

"If only the first victim, Adam Lanza's mother, had been a gun owner, she could have stopped this before it started."

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sarcasm meter coming close to breaking.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8433

I Am Adam Lanza's Mother
    very interesting read. she really is fukked either way. either send your kid to jail or psych ward or wait til he snaps.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    "If only the first victim, Adam Lanza's mother, had been a gun owner, she could have stopped this before it started."
    Is it too soon to lol...

Least that prick could do is w8 til the kids have been laid to rest b4 trashin like that...

First ... 202122232425 Last