stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

Evil will always find a way
    Want to ban assault weapons, I'll listen to you, but I'll fight to the death for the right to have a handgun on my nightstand to protect my wife, and my belongings. Because evil will always find a way.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Evil will always find a way
    Want to ban assault weapons, I'll listen to you, but I'll fight to the death for the right to have a handgun on my nightstand to protect my wife, and my belongings. Because evil will always find a way.
    I'm in the same boat, I have no problem owning a Glock 19, but I'm all ears as to why I would need a 100 round clip for it.

The Gun Rights people have to realize this, you guys won. Not only did you win, but with the largest lobby in the country, yours and everyone else's gun rights are safe barring a massive popular swing in opinion, something that hasn't happened in the countless firearms massacres since the 1960s. Think about it, if Congress hasn't passed any laws regarding gun rights AFTER A CONGRESSWOMAN GOT SHOT, they won't be passing any laws soon.

That said, there is no reason to get butthurt when people bring up changing the laws after events like this.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Remember hurricane Sandy? Boy that was big news.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I have no problem owning a Glock 19, but I'm all ears as to why I would need a 100 round clip for it.

The Gun Rights people have to realize this, you guys won. Not only did you win, but with the largest lobby in the country, yours and everyone else's gun rights are safe barring a massive popular swing in opinion, something that hasn't happened in the countless firearms massacres since the 1960s. Think about it, if Congress hasn't passed any laws regarding gun rights AFTER A CONGRESSWOMAN GOT SHOT, they won't be passing any laws soon.

That said, there is no reason to get butthurt when people bring up changing the laws after events like this.
    Well said.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I think it is pretty much accepted that the inner city gang/drug shootings by minorities make up a disproportionate amount of the gun shootings in the USA...

BUT

yes, 90%+ serial killers and mass shooting psychos are white.

except the VT asian dude and the Fort Hood military guy who I think was Pakistani?

I work in schools in some of the toughest inner city chicago schools on the south and west side. I've seen situations with guns in schools from kids and family members over the past 10 years.

but if a mass shooting in a school by a psycho is gonna occur around here the best bet is that it will be me or some first year wound too tight Teach for America douchebag in a charter school.
    Yeah, it's a weird formula:

If you're looking for the source of a drive-by shooting, a drug deal gone bad, a gang-related murder, etc., minorities are a pretty safe bet.

If you're looking for mass-murdering psychos with no rhyme or reason, it's almost always the angry white guy.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Got this today -- I'm sure many of you have seen it floating around Facebook. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will love it:

The Sandy Hook kids were shot with .223? He did not bring his AR in. They didn't find the rifle until night time in his car. Why was he wearing a bulletproof vest and mask if he planned on killing himself? What happened to the reports of a second shooter? What happened to the man they flew over in the woods yelling "It wasn't me, It wasn't me!!!" The school has cameras. Doors lock behind. Where is the video? Why did Adam not have any "online footprint" at all for being a "computer genius." Why was Adam found with his brother's ID when he had not seen his brother since 2010. Why is Ryan Lanza and his roomates still being held against their will? All of their computers phones everything seized. Adam reportedly had Asbergers. He was being treated. How come in such a “small town” we have not heard about Adam Lanza’s primary care physician? Psychiatrist? Psychologist? Why were the bodies moved out in secret in the middle of the night? Why did none of the parents except one want to see their child's bodies to confirm? What “exactly” did Nancy Lanza do for a living? Retired or not, how come not a single current or former co-worker is in the media talking about her?

Lets do a little math.

"The grisly details of killer Adam Lanza’s gory rampage emerged one day after the shooter unleashed the second-deadliest school killing in U.S. history. The tiny victims were riddled with as many as 11 bullets. All were shot multiple times."

Glock 9mm- 17 rounds
    Sig Sauer 9mm- 15 rounds

Thats the initial report of all he was found with. Who was using .223? or 5.56 for you military guys.
    This untrained 20 year old with no combat experience or military training went in and in 3-5 minutes had shot 26 people with 32 rounds? With surgical precision some being shot up to 11 times? Oh wait the bullet in his head was from a pistol so down to 31 rds. He missed 5 times? Can you understand what a room full of 1st graders running the penetrate around looks like and why that does not make sense? Im done ranting... Something is off... This was just me researching a little bit tonight... RIP no disrespect to the victims.. but I just have some questions I would like answered.

PS Dad is a VP of GE Global Financial? And a witness in the LIBOR financial scandal.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

11 year old in Utah brings gun to school today 'for protection'.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-21-14 at 11:48 AM.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Officials said they were also aware that Lanza had been a keen computer gamer, and enjoyed some of the particularly violent varieties of war games.
    FBI investigator Robert Paquette said: "Many of these games are very, very violent. I can't help but believe these can affect the minds of someone unbalanced."

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Got this today -- I'm sure many of you have seen it floating around Facebook. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will love it:

The Sandy Hook kids were shot with .223? He did not bring his AR in. They didn't find the rifle until night time in his car. Why was he wearing a bulletproof vest and mask if he planned on killing himself? What happened to the reports of a second shooter? What happened to the man they flew over in the woods yelling "It wasn't me, It wasn't me!!!" The school has cameras. Doors lock behind. Where is the video? Why did Adam not have any "online footprint" at all for being a "computer genius." Why was Adam found with his brother's ID when he had not seen his brother since 2010. Why is Ryan Lanza and his roomates still being held against their will? All of their computers phones everything seized. Adam reportedly had Asbergers. He was being treated. How come in such a “small town” we have not heard about Adam Lanza’s primary care physician? Psychiatrist? Psychologist? Why were the bodies moved out in secret in the middle of the night? Why did none of the parents except one want to see their child's bodies to confirm? What “exactly” did Nancy Lanza do for a living? Retired or not, how come not a single current or former co-worker is in the media talking about her?

Lets do a little math.

"The grisly details of killer Adam Lanza’s gory rampage emerged one day after the shooter unleashed the second-deadliest school killing in U.S. history. The tiny victims were riddled with as many as 11 bullets. All were shot multiple times."

Glock 9mm- 17 rounds
    Sig Sauer 9mm- 15 rounds

Thats the initial report of all he was found with. Who was using .223? or 5.56 for you military guys.
    This untrained 20 year old with no combat experience or military training went in and in 3-5 minutes had shot 26 people with 32 rounds? With surgical precision some being shot up to 11 times? Oh wait the bullet in his head was from a pistol so down to 31 rds. He missed 5 times? Can you understand what a room full of 1st graders running the penetrate around looks like and why that does not make sense? Im done ranting... Something is off... This was just me researching a little bit tonight... RIP no disrespect to the victims.. but I just have some questions I would like answered.

PS Dad is a VP of GE Global Financial? And a witness in the LIBOR financial scandal.
    That's all I need to hear. They let Obama sneak out of the White House and he caught a bus, unnoticed, up to Sandy Hook and personally shot all the victims.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

After losing 95 percent of my bankroll in betislands i was angry as hell. I then saw a story on the kids last night and it put me back in perspective. Christmas this year will be hard for me not for the thousands i lost but because i think of the other parents that had bought presents for their kids this year and now they dont have those kids.. These things really just put stuff in perspective and made me realize that money is not that important
    Points Awarded:

ebbearsfb1 gave wtt0315 22 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Blondie

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    After losing 95 percent of my bankroll in betislands i was angry as hell. I then saw a story on the kids last night and it put me back in perspective. Christmas this year will be hard for me not for the thousands i lost but because i think of the other parents that had bought presents for their kids this year and now they dont have those kids.. These things really just put stuff in perspective and made me realize that money is not that important
    Great post.. puts life in perspective

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Officials said they were also aware that Lanza had been a keen computer gamer, and enjoyed some of the particularly violent varieties of war games.
    FBI investigator Robert Paquette said: "Many of these games are very, very violent. I can't help but believe these can affect the minds of someone unbalanced."
    I'm not in favor of banning games like this, but they certainly don't help when it comes to these mentally deranged individuals. Talk about a desensitizer.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm not in favor of banning games like this, but they certainly don't help when it comes to these mentally deranged individuals. Talk about a desensitizer.
    Agreed I can play these games with out a problem but others can't... some of them are the more violence the better.. any you kill away and people keep coming back to life

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Agreed I can play these games with out a problem but others can't... some of them are the more violence the better.. any you kill away and people keep coming back to life
    You put a video game in the hands of a mentally-unbalanced young punk who has nothing to live for an no one to care for, then give him easy access to military style guns/ammunition -- yeah, good luck with that. Will probably be more incidents similar to recent ones, unfortunately.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Wonder if they force mentally ill and convicted felons to own firearms?

First ... 22232425