gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Usually agree with you but disagree here. A&M had a new head coach this year so totally new system. Sherman was a jackass and everyone was glad to see him gone.
    This year A&m would have absolutely dominated the big 12. It was espically weak this year.
    Don't know what you mean, but I'm pretty sure nobody in Aggieland thought Sherman was a "jackass".

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Stoops doesn't choke. He just prepares his teams poorly for bowl games.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a tough game. i may just take the under. i have a feeling johnny football is going to struggle after all the hype and publicity and winning the heisman. landry jones is a solid qb and is a senior. he's been in this game a few times already. his come back vs osu was one of the best games of the year. i think the sooners pull through here.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

pauly is on OK you know what that means...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

landry jones and sooners overall usually choke away anytime the spotlight is on them

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

So if you're an underdog and lose, it's considered choking?

I guess wining 85% of your games, a national title, and 7 Big 12 championships in a decade is choking too. LOL.

Bottom line, OU is an all-time top 5 program and one of the top programs of the past decade.

When your program is at a level in which losing close games to top 5 teams and going 10-2 is considered choking, you know it's a good program.

Bob Stoops doesn't even have a great team this year and he still won 10 games.

If OU loses tonight it will be because A&M has better players.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

they usually lose every big game they been in for last few years...thats all im saying

and that is a fact...never said they wouldnt win tonight, no play 4 me

no1 said anything about all-time program or past decade, of course they are a top notch program

P.S. ur a homer BDA, that doesnt count!
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-04-13 at 04:37 PM.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    they usually lose every big game they been in for years...thats all im saying

and that is a fact

no1 said anything about all-time program or past decade, of course they re a top notch program
    Those Big 12 championships weren't big games?

What about all of those OU/Texas games in whih OU completely dominates?

What about beating a top 10 FSU team last year on the road?

I have a lot more examples but I will save it. Bottom line, you don't win conference titles and play for championships if you don't win big games along the way.

OU has beaten the following OCC teams the past decade:

Florida State
    Miami
    Oregon
    Alabama

They schedule tough OOC and do well in conference. They're not on Alabama's level right now but I think the term choke gets thrown around way too much.

OU has beaten way more ranked and top 10 teams in the past decade than they has lost to.

You're damn right I'm a homer but I back it up with some food facts! Lol.

Bob Stoops is 15-10 against top 10 teams. People just magnify the losses and ignore the wins because of his success. Too bad some of you can't make picks at the percentage.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-04-13 at 04:49 PM.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    Oklahoma's run defense is not good enough - ranked somewhere in the mid 50's in the nation. They don't have the speed to stop Manziel in the box or outside imo, the fact of the matter is he won't be stopped period. Look at how much Oklahoma has struggled against teams with high powered offenses this year. All 3 of these coming towards the end of their schedule which means the defense hasn't improved.

Oklahoma state = Averages 44.7 points a game.
    They scored 48 against OU

West Virginia = Averages 41.6 points a game.
    They scored 49 against OU

Baylor = Averages 44.1 points a game.
    They scored 34 points off OU

Texas AM averages 44.8 points a game (more than all 3 of the teams listed above) in the SEC.

If Texas AM were to lose to any team again this year it would have to be a fundamentally sound defensive team that executes, which Oklahoma is clearly not.

OKU played 2 physical teams that can pressure the QB this season and lost ( Kansas St and N. Dame). Tonight will be number 3. A&M dominates the line of scrimmage IMHO and both teams named above also have dual threat at QB.

I expect A&M to run the ball 1st half mixed with check down passes just like the Bama match and when OKU adjust to take guys from coverage and put them in the box to stop A&M's run game, I expect A&M to switch to deep pass. Basically same plan as the Bama contest (make opponent account for the run)

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way. I'm trying to help you.

First of all, check post #17 where I gave substance. I given way more insight in this thread than you have. You've just made broad generalizations and think OU is loaded just because they are OU. That can't be further from the truth.

Second of all, everything you said in the very first post in this thread was wrong. I had season tickets to OU football games and went to school there from 2003-2007 so I have a feel for the program.

You said OU was loaded. That shows how much you don't know. They are not loaded. Usually OU is littered with draft picks. We have maybe 3 NFL players this year.

OU lost two o-lineman to season ending injuries. Did you know that?

OU lost a starting player on the defensive line for this game. Did you know that?

This is the worst front 7 Stoops has had. Did you know that? Not only are they average at best but they aren't very deep. Look at the games against WVU and Oklahoma State. This isn't a good defense.

OU was damn lucky they didn't lose to WVU and OSU. They could easily be 8-4. Don't tell me about substance when you really don't know what you are talking about here. Don't take it personal. I'm just saying that this isn't a great OU team.

Save your money and maybe you're the one that needs to learn about substance before you create threads not even really nothing about the team.

GL.
    Maybe you should have listened to me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Maybe you should have listened to me.
    I know I should have.

You have to be thrilled to see the curtain close on the Landry Jones era.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I know I should have.

You have to be thrilled to see the curtain close on the Landry Jones era.
    I tried to tell everyone. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to win but you have to be realistic.

Did the front 7 for OU not play exactly like I said they would? What about OU's offensive line?

This wasn't a good OU team. It's the second worst team Stoop's has had. That's why I laughed when Twinkler said they were "loaded". He couldn't have been any more clueless. It was amazing Stoops guided this team to 10 wins yet he will be labeled a choke artist because of the loss but in reality, they overachieved.

When you have an OU fan saying they're going to lose, you might want to at least consider their opinion.

First 12