hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

wtf..... why?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

op continues to be a dumbass

guy is 32 and declining...basically no chance of being on the team next year at his salary....if someone snaps him up off of waivers (will most likely be falcons or pats) then they pick up the tab for the rest of the year

what's the point of keeping him again?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    op continues to be a dumbass

guy is 32 and declining...basically no chance of being on the team next year at his salary....if someone snaps him up off of waivers (will most likely be falcons or pats) then they pick up the tab for the rest of the year

what's the point of keeping him again?
    You are a fukkin clown.

Babin was easily their best pass rusher on a team where pass-rushing is a definite need.

Now they are left with no pass rush at all. Literally no one on the roster is able to get consistent pressure on a QB.

Andy Reid just sealed his fate with this pathetic move.

Yeah, Babin may be 32 and having a down year but the whole team had a down year. It doesn't mean the guy can't still play.

Watch him go to another team and look like Superman.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Lurie and Roseman, they are cleaning the house and want to see if the young core or future are talented or not, in Babin´s case they want to play Brandon Graham. Is he good? I don´t know, it´s time to find out.

They should give Nnamdi Asomugha a rest and allow Curtis Marsh to start at cornerback. And they should see what safety David Sims is all about.

Reid has always made these decisions before. Not now, now they are relieving the coach of any major decisions, if Reid objects, then Lurie has his reason to fire the coach. That won´t happen, he will fire him at the end of the season and Reid will oblige playing the young players.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post
    Lurie and Roseman, they are cleaning the house and want to see if the young core or future are talented or not, in Babin´s case they want to play Brandon Graham. Is he good? I don´t know, it´s time to find out.

They should give Nnamdi Asomugha a rest and allow Curtis Marsh to start at cornerback. And they should see what safety David Sims is all about.

Reid has always made these decisions before. Not now, now they are relieving the coach of any major decisions, if Reid objects, then Lurie has his reason to fire the coach. That won´t happen, he will fire him at the end of the season and Reid will oblige playing the young players.
    Well if this is the case the Eagles are in real trouble.

Howie Roseman is a fukkin moron if his recent first round draft picks are any indication. Danny Watkins and Fletcher Cox. Both first round picks and Watkins can already be considered a bust. If Cox plays next year like he did this one, he will officially be a bust as well.

Eagles are in some real trouble.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Well they are Super Bowl bound for sure now.

uxley.2
    Update your status
    uxley.2's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the point of winning games now if there's no chance of going to the playoffs?

Babin wasn't going to be around next year anyway, so why not see if they can save some money? Nor will Vick or Asomugha unless they both take MAJOR pay cuts AND the new coach wants them.

Let the young guys play for experience, sign a couple big time guys with all that cap space they'll have and use the 1st pick on a T.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Makes sense. They're out of it and his time is limited. They figure they cut their losses and someone will probably pick him up and take the salary. Smart business move.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The guy was a horrible run defender, was only interested in getting to the QB. If the play was a run he wasn't interested. He was a short-lived product of the wide 9 gimmick which obviously isn't working.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post

Howie Roseman is a fukkin moron if his recent first round draft picks are any indication. Danny Watkins and Fletcher Cox. Both first round picks and Watkins can already be considered a bust. If Cox plays next year like he did this one, he will officially be a bust as well.

Agree, Roseman is no good for this team, I don´t like him either, but have faith bro, Lurie will start from scratch and we will have a solid team in the short run, you´ll see. I just want the Reid era to be over and start again.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

OK so basically we have come to the concensus that this move signifies that the Eagles have officially given up on the season?

Take a sniff boys.....take some more sniffs.......you smell that?

That's the smell of money that's going to be made betting against the Eagles for the rest of the season.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Packers possibly patriots

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Craft and bellichek must be circle jerk celebrating

uxley.2
    Update your status
    uxley.2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought it was common knowledge that Reid is the Executive Vice President of Football Operations, aka The Decision Maker. Blaming Roseman for Reid's picks is comical.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

OK so basically we have come to the concensus that this move signifies that the Eagles have officially given up on the season?

Take a sniff boys.....take some more sniffs.......you smell that?

That's the smell of money that's going to be made betting against the Eagles for the rest of the season.
    Maybe. But their current state will be cooked into the line.

And of course their season is over at 3-8. They could win out (oh, who are we kidding, they can't...but for argument's sake) and they still will not make the playoffs. It's definitely going to take 9 wins (and probably then some tiebreakers) to make the NFC playoffs.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Cowboys

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by uxley.2 View Post
    Thought it was common knowledge that Reid is the Executive Vice President of Football Operations, aka The Decision Maker. Blaming Roseman for Reid's picks is comical.
    Actually the rumor was that Reid's power was partially limited after the power struggle he had with Joe Banner. Apparently, Banner brought up some very unflattering things to say about Reid to Lurie and Lurie supposedly made the decision that Roseman had to at least have a say in future moves, including drafting.

Take it for what it's worth.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Maybe. But their current state will be cooked into the line.

And of course their season is over at 3-8. They could win out (oh, who are we kidding, they can't...but for argument's sake) and they still will not make the playoffs. It's definitely going to take 9 wins (and probably then some tiebreakers) to make the NFC playoffs.
    So let the books make the line whatever they want. They are going to lose by 20+ and the line isn't going to be 20.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

holy shit you figured it out! way to go dipshit

at 3-8 it's pretty obvious theyre trying to get snaps for the young guys and the fact that you think babin single handedly makes as much of a difference as you think he does proves you know nothing about football....stop betting right now for your own good
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post

a rest? more like a permanent vacation, guy is straight garbage now.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

holy shit you figured it out! way to go dipshit

at 3-8 it's pretty obvious theyre trying to get snaps for the young guys and the fact that you think babin single handedly makes as much of a difference as you think he does proves you know nothing about football....stop betting right now for your own good
    suck a dikk, the fukk do you know?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Op getting buried in his own thread yet again and hasn't used his ghost phillyhata since being called out

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Op getting buried in his own thread yet again and hasn't used his ghost phillyhata since being called out
    Really genius? Who's burying me fa/ggot? You? Phillyhata...I don't know that dude. But I do know you sukk dikk.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Really genius? Who's burying me fa/ggot? You? Phillyhata...I don't know that dude. But I do know you sukk dikk.
    seriously guy....maybe you ought to call it an early night

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Someone needs a timeout

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

seriously guy....maybe you ought to call it an early night
    If I call it a night, then this forum sucks. Forum needs me. Especially without JJ around now.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumb timing, but who the F cares at this point. Seems like it would have made more sense to keep the guy and trade him for a sack of dog shit in the off-season, but I guess they are being proper with him in giving him a chance to go play for a winner. Guys like Vinny Curry should be getting PT now in this lost season any way.

Asomugha & Vick can enjoy their tickets out of town when the season is over. Not sure what the F happened to Asomugha, but the guy can't cover his own shadow any more.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Dumb timing, but who the F cares at this point. Seems like it would have made more sense to keep the guy and trade him for a sack of dog shit in the off-season, but I guess they are being proper with him in giving him a chance to go play for a winner. Guys like Vinny Curry should be getting PT now in this lost season any way.

Asomugha & Vick can enjoy their tickets out of town when the season is over. Not sure what the F happened to Asomugha, but the guy can't cover his own shadow any more.
    they would get less in the offseason for him than theyd get if someone signs him now and theyre absolved of the rest of the year"s salary

what would an overpaid 33 yr old d lineman catch? a sixth round pick?

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

no effort...good riddance

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's still something. They f-ing held on to Asante Samuel to get a 7th. Doesn't really bother me. They have made so many dumb moves this year. I think you can tell the panic button has been fully hit by Andy Reid. Never seen any thing like this during his tenure with the mid-season firing of the person responsible for keeping your team in games [Castillo] and now this. I'm starting to get a weird feeling that Reid isn't going to get shit canned after the season.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Their best pass rusher by far.

Andy Reid is a fukkin clown.

i agree whole heartedly. dumb move and reid is a fukin clown

dont bother arguin with ppl here. i used to say the same things about fisher cause i know my titans but the media thought hes some genious and they still do

ppl here just know what nfl.com wants them to know. most dont follow fuk all or know jack shit

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Dynasty

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He is going to end up on the Pats. Its their typical move, pick up a guy with great potential on the cheap.

12 Last