pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a great feeling !

To place your bets on Wednesday and come Saturday you beat the line anywhere from 1/2 to 3 points three weeks in a row !!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good job sir.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 69086

Well done.

That is a very good feeling.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

way to go pokernut! feels good to beat the closer and be on the "right" side

hope they win now

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

You are special

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

It's a start. doesnt guarantee anything though

A certain poster here bets about 30-40 college FB and NFL games a week as soon as the lines come out. sends me the games mid-week so I know he isnt BSing about this

beats the closer on 95% of them

some weeks he wins. some weeks he loses

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

BTCL is a myth BTCL is a myth

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Not a myth, you gain an edge by being on the correct sign of the line. It is overvalued though, because there are spots where you BTCL by 2 points and you still made a -EV bet.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

Which would you rather have

TEAM minus 28 or 31 1/2
    TEAM plus 11 or 7 1/2

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Which would you rather have

TEAM minus 28 or 31 1/2
    TEAM plus 11 or 7 1/2
    the team that wins
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: k13, and brumbies

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    It's a start. doesnt guarantee anything though

A certain poster here bets about 30-40 college FB and NFL games a week as soon as the lines come out. sends me the games mid-week so I know he isnt BSing about this

beats the closer on 95% of them

some weeks he wins. some weeks he loses
    dont bother, i have typed novels trying to tell these fools, and fools everywhere that it is one of the most over rated thought processes there is but they dont want to hear it.

I could list every game and every move and the results and it would show beyond a shadow that moves are meaningless just like beating the moves are meaningless. Or almost meaningless.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    the team that wins

Clueless

mbs4
    mbs4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4546

dont bother, i have typed novels trying to tell these fools, and fools everywhere that it is one of the most over rated thought processes there is but they dont want to hear it.

I could list every game and every move and the results and it would show beyond a shadow that moves are meaningless just like beating the moves are meaningless. Or almost meaningless.
    List away

pokernut9999

Never said it guaranteed anything ...... reading skills are not a asset of SBR posters.

I myself like having an edge by betting early and getting a better line....

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

ok let's recap what pokernut9999 has done for the benefit of mankind (and the sbr forum) this week

1) placed college football bets on wednesday
    2) didn't tell anyone what those bets were
    3) started a thread bragging that he beat the closing number on said bets
    4) still didn't tell anyone what those bets were

MAYBE THE FORUM WOULD BE BETTER OFF IF YOU TELL US THE FUKKING PICKS INSTEAD OF BRAGGING ABOUT HOW FUKKING GOOD THE FUKKING PICKS ARE AND HOW FUKKING SMART YOU ARE TO MAKE THEM!

sorry for the agression, i'm pretty sick at the moment and wanted to vent
    Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave milwaukee mike 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: J_smiff

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

For BTCL to make a difference in your bankroll, you need to be betting majority of the full game, 1stH, and 2ndH spreads & totals. Also those bets need to be crossing key numbers. A guy like me who bets ten games on a Saturday, and @ most three games on a weekday it does not make a difference.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

nut9999

how's Blacky ?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 275256

did you beat the sbr book with those numbers?

wantitall4moi

its only an edge if you bet the better team.

If you bet a team -4 and they close -6.5 and lose SU what good was it?

Just like having a team +14 that moved to +11 and loses by 30.

Picking a winner is more important than anything else.

I know people all say you cant pick winners consistently enough to win, maybe maybe not. depends I suppose. But it surely makes more sense than betting LINEs and not teams. Lines are completely meaningless, theyre made by some clown who doesnt know shit but what a computer tells him. Then they are moved by more clowns who do exactly what you do.

The people that call it a market and equate it to the actual market are a frigging joke. because the price in that market is actually worth something because it is directly related to value. The line in a sporting event doesnt mean shit until after the game is over, because a line moves doesnt matter one bit on who is going to win or lose. That is the major problem people have in comprehending all this, they think if they see 100 games moves a point or 5 those teams that the line moved on are going to wins 70% or more of the time I think. Which is far from reality. They dont win any more than what one would think they would win, between 48-52% of the time.

Seriously go do some homework it is as simple as going to the odds page and keeping track of moves and then back check them once the games are over. You cant do it for just one day or even a month and think you have it figured out, because it varies, but overall the results are going to be a coin flips chance.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 275256

its only an edge if you bet the better team.

If you bet a team -4 and they close -6.5 and lose SU what good was it?

Just like having a team +14 that moved to +11 and loses by 30.

Picking a winner is more important than anything else.

I know people all say you cant pick winners consistently enough to win, maybe maybe not. depends I suppose. But it surely makes more sense than betting LINEs and not teams. Lines are completely meaningless, theyre made by some clown who doesnt know shit but what a computer tells him. Then they are moved by more clowns who do exactly what you do.

The people that call it a market and equate it to the actual market are a frigging joke. because the price in that market is actually worth something because it is directly related to value. The line in a sporting event doesnt mean shit until after the game is over, because a line moves doesnt matter one bit on who is going to win or lose. That is the major problem people have in comprehending all this, they think if they see 100 games moves a point or 5 those teams that the line moved on are going to wins 70% or more of the time I think. Which is far from reality. They dont win any more than what one would think they would win, between 48-52% of the time.

Seriously go do some homework it is as simple as going to the odds page and keeping track of moves and then back check them once the games are over. You cant do it for just one day or even a month and think you have it figured out, because it varies, but overall the results are going to be a coin flips chance.
    honestly u need to readjust your thinking.....

tto827

Gotta side withwantitall4moi again here, people make it seem like they could make money just by betting line movements if team names were removed. I'm pretty sure you would end up even or right around it on either side. Lines are not set to have a true 50/50 chance of being on either side, they are set to get bets placed 50% on each side. Therefore you only need an edge over the people making bets to make money, not the books.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    ok let's recap what pokernut9999 has done for the benefit of mankind (and the sbr forum) this week

1) placed college football bets on wednesday
    2) didn't tell anyone what those bets were
    3) started a thread bragging that he beat the closing number on said bets
    4) still didn't tell anyone what those bets were

MAYBE THE FORUM WOULD BE BETTER OFF IF YOU TELL US THE FUKKING PICKS INSTEAD OF BRAGGING ABOUT HOW FUKKING GOOD THE FUKKING PICKS ARE AND HOW FUKKING SMART YOU ARE TO MAKE THEM!

sorry for the agression, i'm pretty sick at the moment and wanted to vent
    Why would I tell any of you lazy fuckers anything ? Ever read threads when people post games ?

And all over Players Talk are locks that lose every day

tto827

Why would I tell any of you lazy fuckers anything ? Ever read threads when people post games ?

And there are also posted plays by intelligent people who win. Anyone who is dumb enough to post lock next to a pick should likely not be tailed.

Sam Odom

Why would I tell any of you lazy fuckers anything ?

well... you just did in OP

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    well... you just did in OP
    So you agree on the lazy fuckers ?

Sam Odom

come-on nut9999

you were bragging... why else start this thread ?

Nothing wrong with a little brag

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

so your point of being on the forum is you want to be congratulated for being smart, rather than possibly help fellow gamblers make money?

congratulations!

kind of like going to africa with a pile of food and laughing at them all while you eat it, saying "why would i give you lazy fuckers any?"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    honestly u need to readjust your thinking.....
    yeah because i didnt make any money gambling on sports....

wantitall4moi

So you agree on the lazy fuckers ?
    youre such a tool you didnt even list the games, which is typical because its like every other 'smart' guy out there that gets the 'best' line, they usually lose, so therefore putting up the teams allows people to verify youre a loser,

pokernut9999

youre such a tool you didnt even
    list the games, which is typical because its like every other 'smart' guy out there that gets the 'best' line, they usually lose, so therefore putting up the teams allows people to verify youre a loser,
    Try to explain something to you liitle one , when you like a team early in the week and place your bet on Wednesday and you have beat the line by up to 3 points on Saturday that is a great feeling as I stated .

If you can not understand that you are a lost cause , I never mentioned anything else.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    so your point of being on the forum is you want to be congratulated for being smart, rather than possibly help fellow gamblers make money?

congratulations!

kind of like going to africa with a pile of food and laughing at them all while you eat it, saying "why would i give you lazy fuckers any?"
    No one shoukld ever tail anyone , maybe the purpose of the thread was to learn how to read line moves and know when to bet.

Ever wondered if you could figured that out you would know when to bet the dog or favorite ?

tto827

No one shoukld ever tail anyone , maybe the purpose of the thread was to learn how to read line moves and know when to bet.

Ever wondered if you could figured that out you would know when to bet the dog or favorite ?
    If that was your purpose you're a fukkin failure, seeing as we didn't get to see what games you bet on.

wantitall4moi

Try to explain something to you liitle one , when you like a team early in the week and place your bet on Wednesday and you have beat the line by up to 3 points on Saturday that is a great feeling as I stated .

If you can not understand that you are a lost cause , I never mentioned anything else.
    why would i feel anything until the games were complete?

If you think because a bunch of other losers bet the same game you bet enough to move the point spread means something then fine. You arent alone, I dont care what the line did or does until after the game is over.

The only time I might have an issue with a move is if I bet a team on the ML and a better line shows up somewhere then it actually matter as to money in my pocket. A spread move is nearly meaningless. But just put the games up so we can see...

pokernut9999

why would i feel anything until the games were complete?

If you think because a bunch of other losers bet the same game you bet enough to move the point spread means something then fine. You arent alone, I dont care what the line did or does until after the game is over.

The only time I might have an issue with a move is if I bet a team on the ML and a better line shows up somewhere then it actually matter as to money in my pocket. A spread move is nearly meaningless. But just put the games up so we can see...

Where did I say I bet enough to move the line ? You are an idiot , lets say you bet a team on Wednesday at -3 and today it went off at -1 or you bet a team early at -12 and it goes off at 7.5. If you say that does not matter you are a fool

wantitall4moi

Where did I say I bet enough to move the line ? You are an idiot , lets say you bet a team on Wednesday at -3 and today it went off at -1 or you bet a team early at -12 and it goes off at 7.5. If you say that does not matter you are a fool
    Not if the team -3 wins by a TD. Or the team -12 wins by a FG. Doesnt matter one iota then.

You guys are so caught up in the line moves you dont even see what I am saying.

You know when it would matter? If the game landed on 2 in the first example, chances of that? About 1 in 200. The other 199 times it wouldnt matter a bit. And there is no way of knowing when that s until AFTER the game is over.

12 Last