You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Bad idea to become a bookie?

Was offered a chance to become one from my local who ive been using for 5 years .. Would get a list of people and i would be on my own

Any ideas on people who were before on what to expect? Is it even a good idea?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I see what you're doing here

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Awful idea, you can get arrested, and unless you got some serious nads to know you're responsible for someone being in a coma, it isn't going to work.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

go ahead but guys like me will smack the shit out of you if you pull any shit

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Sounds more like your bookie smacks the shit outta you

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Bad idea.

You mad bro

Lmao okay tough guy ... My book doesnt even mess w me .. But whatever

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Awful idea, you can get arrested, and unless you got some serious nads to know you're responsible for someone being in a coma, it isn't going to work.
    Im just curious.. The guy asked so i said ill think about it .. I guess im thinking no?

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

no go ahead and do it but be preapred hit the weights

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Im just curious.. The guy asked so i said ill think about it .. I guess im thinking no?
    I couldn't be forceful enough to get my money, and if you are someone will snitch and you will go to jail. Like a martingale, good if you get out at the right time, but no one ever does.

You mad bro

no go ahead and do it but be preapred hit the weights
    I hve a pistol with bullets

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

You should ask yourself why he's quitting.

Strictly financially, before factoring in anything that goes wrong, it's positive expectation if you keep the lines updated (just follow Pinny and keep juice at 110 IMO).

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I couldn't be forceful enough to get my money, and if you are someone will snitch and you will go to jail. Like a martingale, good if you get out at the right time, but no one ever does.
    True .. Maybe ill be better off just not doing it and just losing my money to him lmao

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    You should ask yourself why he's quitting.
    I did ask him and he said he wasnt wuitting .. He will still be doing it himself i would just start being on my own .. Ive known the guy for a while and he wanted to help me make more money but if its this crazy i doubt ill do it

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

These guys are all wrong. They watch too many De Niro movies. You don't beat anybody up. You just threaten to tell the wives and they will pay you right away.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

this is an awful idea if you are asking for advice on this forum...

you aren't the right person for this..

sorry.. i know i dont know you.. but i know that much ..

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    this is an awful idea if you are asking for advice on this forum...

you aren't the right person for this..

sorry.. i know i dont know you.. but i know that much ..
    Its alright .. Just lookin foe advice from prior bookies .. I know people will lie on here but any insight was helpful

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was offered a chance to become one from my local who ive been using for 5 years .. Would get a list of people and i would be on my own

Any ideas on people who were before on what to expect? Is it even a good idea?

"would get a list" is a no no....you'll get hammered. If you're gonna do it, get your own clients.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Nice thread you will get a lot of pm sending you email addy's so they can do bizz
    with you. Here's the great part ask Tony Saprano how that worked out here. Also
    you will be getting a bunch of broke dik fuks who cant find another place to bet
    because they dont pay and they cant bet online because they are broke fuks.
    Good Luck to you in your endeavours

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Big Bill is such a thug.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Nice thread you will get a lot of pm sending you email addy's so they can do bizz
    with you. Here's the great part ask Tony Saprano how that worked out here. Also
    you will be getting a bunch of broke dik fuks who cant find another place to bet
    because they dont pay and they cant bet online because they are broke fuks.
    Good Luck to you in your endeavours
    People will actually do that? Im so shocked .. I figured id get a lot of "attention thread" but oh wells .. Maybe ill get brock lmao

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    "would get a list" is a no no....you'll get hammered. If you're gonna do it, get your own clients.
    Kk thanks .. I do have 10-20 people i can start with if i were to do it

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Kk thanks .. I do have 10-20 people i can start with if i were to do it
    While everyone here will give you shit I will tell you from my experience:

2 years ago I started my own thing with a friend. We weren't shit, we had no back, we were two broke assholes who knew people and were trying to scheme something together. We had about 20 people, some bet pretty heavy and daily. They were restaraunt owners, friends, friends of friends, etc.

Started around football season... things went great... NOTHING was more exciting and a rush than waking up Saturday and Sunday morning, logging into my pay per head website and seeing over $30,000 pending wagers spread around for the early NFL and college games... we had to be raking in thousands each profit in cash every week. I would rubber band my money and walk around in public like I was Al Capone even though I look back and was a little phaggot... We had one losing week the whole year. (Was a REALLY bad week, right before Christmas too.) Got more people through the people we had referring and gave them a %... After football season we had these chinese restaraunt owners in Jersey who would wager $2,000 a night on NBA reverse parlays (spread and O/Us), and while they were losing 85% of the time it became nerve-racking because if they hit one or two it was a heavy chunk of change... but when everyone fukked off after football, they were really the only ones consistently betting.

Last year I moved from Jersey to Charlotte, 10 hours away, and was running it on my own (my friend stopped) and was receiving payments/paying out through paypal, Chase QuickPay, bank transfers, **, etc... everything was okay at first...then around NFL playoffs I was waiting longer to collect, I was having to pay people out while still not receiving money I needed from others. People knew I was far away and was taking advantage of it. I had people at times in the area collecting for me, but it was a mess.

It became a headache, I was paying people out of pocket despite being up for the weeks because people weren't paying on time. I stopped after the Superbowl and this year just bet small amounts personally for fun. You need a nice bankroll starting off or you will shit yourself every week... we originally started it like a little Ponzi scheme with barely any bankroll... Also be careful with friends because even people you trust become different when $$ is on the line in illegal activities. Unless you have ways to seriously collect on time, I wouldn't do it.

Another thing, with only 10-20 people you really don't have enough of a sample to get even action. If they all bet the same side and win and you don't lay some of it off you will get crushed. I had a Pay Per Head site that people wagered through, so I wasn't able to constantly check when wagers were inserted.

And I don't know what your bookie uses to take wagers, but Pay Per Head sites are convenient as fuk and save A LOT of time.

Also, unless you know people who love to bet daily on NBA and college hoops you are kinda beat for Football season since its half over. Playoff lines are tight as fuk.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 11-13-12 at 02:39 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, RogueScholar, and frankthetank

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

It's almost sad how hard this guy is trying.

Yah, Bookies just ask their clients all the time if they'd like to partner up and take 15 clients off their hands. LOL. So full of shit.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    It's almost sad how hard this guy is trying.

Yah, Bookies just ask their clients all the time if they'd like to partner up and take 15 clients off their hands. LOL. So full of shit.
    Trying to hard? Hmm i guess you didnt see where i said we were friends for a while and ive been using him as a book for years?

But okay mantle .. U beg for attention 10x the amount ad jjgold did

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i take bets from 3 small time guys who really think i'm just putting their bets in on my local's site

usually profitable, sometimes it's not....i'm prepared if they win and get some extra spending $$ if not

op's best bet is to be the runner and get 10% of all losses....no risk there as long as you're not spending money you think you're going to be collecting before you get it

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    While everyone here will give you shit I will tell you from my experience:

2 years ago I started my own thing with a friend. We weren't shit, we had no back, we were two broke assholes who knew people and were trying to scheme something together. We had about 20 people, some bet pretty heavy and daily. They were restaraunt owners, friends, friends of friends, etc.

Started around football season... things went great... NOTHING was more exciting and a rush than waking up Saturday and Sunday morning, logging into my pay per head website and seeing over $30,000 pending wagers spread around for the early NFL and college games... we had to be raking in thousands each profit in cash every week. I would rubber band my money and walk around in public like I was Al Capone even though I look back and was a little phaggot... We had one losing week the whole year. (Was a REALLY bad week, right before Christmas too.) Got more people through the people we had referring and gave them a %... After football season we had these chinese restaraunt owners in Jersey who would wager $2,000 a night on NBA reverse parlays (spread and O/Us), and while they were losing 85% of the time it became nerve-racking because if they hit one or two it was a heavy chunk of change... but when everyone fukked off after football, they were really the only ones consistently betting.

Last year I moved from Jersey to Charlotte, 10 hours away, and was running it on my own (my friend stopped) and was receiving payments/paying out through paypal, Chase QuickPay, bank transfers, **, etc... everything was okay at first...then around NFL playoffs I was waiting longer to collect, I was having to pay people out while still not receiving money I needed from others. People knew I was far away and was taking advantage of it. I had people at times in the area collecting for me, but it was a mess.

It became a headache, I was paying people out of pocket despite being up for the weeks because people weren't paying on time. I stopped after the Superbowl and this year just bet small amounts personally for fun. You need a nice bankroll starting off or you will shit yourself every week... we originally started it like a little Ponzi scheme with barely any bankroll... Also be careful with friends because even people you trust become different when $$ is on the line in illegal activities. Unless you have ways to seriously collect on time, I wouldn't do it.

Another thing, with only 10-20 people you really don't have enough of a sample to get even action. If they all bet the same side and win and you don't lay some of it off you will get crushed. I had a Pay Per Head site that people wagered through, so I wasn't able to constantly check when wagers were inserted.

And I don't know what your bookie uses to take wagers, but Pay Per Head sites are convenient as fuk and save A LOT of time.

Also, unless you know people who love to bet daily on NBA and college hoops you are kinda beat for Football season since its half over. Playoff lines are tight as fuk.
    I know 20 people isnt a lot but its bettet than nothing if i were to do it .. Thanks for ur advice though .. I might do it through the site i use now and just manage accounts.. And yah id hope they would bet nba cuz football is practically over like u said

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    i take bets from 3 small time guys who really think i'm just putting their bets in on my local's site

usually profitable, sometimes it's not....i'm prepared if they win and get some extra spending $$ if not

op's best bet is to be the runner and get 10% of all losses....no risk there as long as you're not spending money you think you're going to be collecting before you get it
    LOL. I do that too. I just don't do parlays.m

You mad bro

Yeah u do everything .. U r so cool ..

Fckn virgin

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

yeah one of the guys started asking about parlays...so i started thinking about what id do...the beauty is that you dont have to hold the bet if you dont want it so i'll probably stick with a rule of thumb that if he's down then ill hold it and if hes up then ill put it in

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    yeah one of the guys started asking about parlays...so i started thinking about what id do...the beauty is that you dont have to hold the bet if you dont want it so i'll probably stick with a rule of thumb that if he's down then ill hold it and if hes up then ill put it in
    Some kid hit a 4 way for $300 off,a $25 bet and I swore I'd never do it again. Those bets just go in whether they're up or down. I'm pretty sure anyone that has a account does it from time to time.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

you wouldnt last a fukkin week bookin

lot more goes into it then you think

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Some kid hit a 4 way for $300 off,a $25 bet and I swore I'd never do it again. Those bets just go in whether they're up or down. I'm pretty sure anyone that has a account does it from time to time.
    ive seen the plays these fuks make....im not too afraid of them taking a shot.....that's 12 to 1 payout....these guys that i have won't hit 1 in 12 parlays

of course i do have to keep up with cowherd because one of the guys just rips his picks straight from his show

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Trying to hard? Hmm i guess you didnt see where i said we were friends for a while and ive been using him as a book for years?

But okay mantle .. U beg for attention 10x the amount ad jjgold did
    So youre great friends with this bookie yet you need some insight from SBR? Seems like he'd be able to tell you everything you need to know. Just the fact that you're asking pretty much says it all.

1234 Last