You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    So youre great friends with this bookie yet you need some insight from SBR? Seems like he'd be able to tell you everything you need to know. Just the fact that you're asking pretty much says it all.
    I didn't know it was illegal to seek advice from more than one person .. Uh oh mantle is the sbr police now

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I loved taking parlays... easy money

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

my bookie asked me yesterday as well if I wanted to partner up with him, what a coincidence.
    He offered me a 50/50 partnership since I have been with him for months, not sure on what to do though
    He didnt even ask me to put anything in, what an idiot!
    I guess he just likes sharing thus he chose this specific illegal career

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    ive seen the plays these fuks make....im not too afraid of them taking a shot.....that's 12 to 1 payout....these guys that i have won't hit 1 in 12 parlays

of course i do have to keep up with cowherd because one of the guys just rips his picks straight from his show
    Just not worth it though. I spent $25 at 7/11 just now.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I booked for a few years and then worked for a local. Complete pain in the ass. Not worth the $ and the hassle hunting down the $. Never a day off.

The main question is do you have the $ to be backed for it.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I booked for a few years and then worked for a local. Complete pain in the ass. Not worth the $ and the hassle hunting down the $. Never a day off.

Yeah the money for backing wouldn't be a problem .. Just all the work and effort plus its illegal is making me second guess it haha ... Working for a local would be better?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Trying to hard? Hmm i guess you didnt see where i said we were friends for a while and ive been using him as a book for years?

But okay mantle .. U beg for attention 10x the amount ad jjgold did
    So where'd you say you were friends with the guy?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    my bookie asked me yesterday as well if I wanted to partner up with him, what a coincidence.
    He offered me a 50/50 partnership since I have been with him for months, not sure on what to do though
    He didnt even ask me to put anything in, what an idiot!
    I guess he just likes sharing thus he chose this specific illegal career
    sounds like he'd toss you under the bus in a second

"sneakerhead will pay you"

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Yeah the money for backing wouldn't be a problem .. Just all the work and effort plus its illegal is making me second guess it haha ... Working for a local would be better?
    I wouldn't want to go solo on it. It's your life during football season...I use to hate bowl season because there's a game every day.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try it. See how you like it. Doesn't sound like you have a whole lot to lose. That's the catch, really. Once you have a family and own your house you can't f*ck around like that, but as long as you don't, give it a shot. If it gets big enough, take the money, move offshore, and start an online book. If you get caught, it was probably worth the risk.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

One more thing... depending on how well you know the people I wouldn't let them know you are the direct bookie. Tell them you do it through a bookie and you're getting a % for collecting, etc. This way when they owe you, you can keep hammering them saying you had to spot them out you don't have the $$ and you need it ASAP etc... otherwise you will get guilt trips and people making you out to look like an asshole despite them owing you. Also depending on how well they know you it might be more intimidating for them for the bookie to be some unknown fuk. They would feel more obligated to pay you since you "spotted" the money, as opposed to them just owing you

Also to get more people tell them if they know people who bet they can get 10-15% of their losses, but are responsible for making sure they pay out. This way you'll give them an incentive to either: A) Make up fake people and bet more than they usuaully do and get this "bonus", or B) actually find other people and try to make a little money risk free... more action benefits you in the long run
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 11-13-12 at 03:35 PM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    sounds like he'd toss you under the bus in a second

"sneakerhead will pay you"
    Sarcasm if you couldnt tell

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    One more thing... depending on how well you know the people I wouldn't let them know you are the direct bookie. Tell them you do it through a bookie and you're getting a % for collecting, etc. This way when they owe you, you can keep hammering them saying you had to spot them out you don't have the $$ and you need it ASAP etc... otherwise you will get guilt trips and people making you out to look like an asshole despite them owing you. Also depending on how well they know you it might be more intimidating for them for the bookie to be some unknown fuk. They would feel more obligated to pay you since you "spotted" the money, as opposed to them just owing you

Also to get more people tell them if they know people who bet they can get 10-15% of their losses, but are responsible for making sure they pay out. This way you'll give them an incentive to either: A) Make up fake people and bet more than they usuaully do and get this "bonus", or B) actually find other people and try to make a little money risk free... more action benefits you in the long run
    As a bookie you are only getting 10% of their losses, this would not be profitable against a coin-flipping monkey. Eliminates the edge of booking.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Try it. See how you like it. Doesn't sound like you have a whole lot to lose. That's the catch, really. Once you have a family and own your house you can't f*ck around like that, but as long as you don't, give it a shot. If it gets big enough, take the money, move offshore, and start an online book. If you get caught, it was probably worth the risk.
    No family nor house yet so maybe lol

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I can promise you one thing.....your luck will turn. Bookies get all the breaks. There are way more losing gamblers than winners. Ask any local.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I can promise you one thing.....your luck will turn. Bookies get all the breaks. There are way more losing gamblers than winners. Ask any local.
    I could use some luck lol

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Most locals I know don't do any of the "leg breaking" themselves. For starters, they rarely ever have to go after a guy, there's tons of cheap labor that can just do it for you, and 9 out of 10 times, the intimidation is enough to get payment. Having to constantly run down stiffs barely ever happens if you're running a good operation.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

booking is just like dealing drugs...you have to be violent to collect and if your not people will run all over you...if you cant bust some heads this isnt for you

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    booking is just like dealing drugs...you have to be violent to collect and if your not people will run all over you...if you cant bust some heads this isnt for you

bingo

lots of fukkin time and effort involved and in extreme cases sometimes having to do things you dont want to have to do to people

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post

bingo

lots of fukkin time and effort involved and in extreme cases sometimes having to do things you dont want to have to do to people
    Yeah i guess its not worth the headache

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Read my last post. It rarely happens, and when it does, you don't have to do anything yourself. I know several locals here in Vegas, and it's a very minor problem that rarely pops up. As long as you set yourself up right, you can avoid a lot of the nonsense.

I'm not saying "go do it", but this hollywood crap about having to rough guys up all the time is way overblown.

Br0nxer

it really isnt bro

trust me

I have done things similar to this in the past

in the long run its nothing but a fukkin headache

Mantle7
    Death Stare

[QUOTE=Killer_Demo;16763730]booking is just like dealing drugs...you have to be violent to collect and if your not people will run all over you...if you cant bust some heads this isnt for you[/QUOTE

Gotta disagree. I'm not trying to sound like a cool guy but I've done both.

When you deal for the most part you never front your shit out. It's a cash first then you get your shit situation. Irs just bad business fronting drug addicts drugs. Doesn't work.

With booking, and i do this on the smallest scale possible, most of the time it's a credit situation and that's where you run into problems.

I don't recommend anybody does either. Both are problems waiting to happen.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    it really isnt bro

trust me

I have done things similar to this in the past

in the long run its nothing but a fukkin headache
    Maybe ill just do small and start with friends that ive known forever that bet

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

[QUOTE=Mantle7;16764188]
    booking is just like dealing drugs...you have to be violent to collect and if your not people will run all over you...if you cant bust some heads this isnt for you[/QUOTE

Gotta disagree. I'm not trying to sound like a cool guy but I've done both.

When you deal for the most part you never front your shit out. It's a cash first then you get your shit situation. Irs just bad business fronting drug addicts drugs. Doesn't work.

With booking, and i do this on the smallest scale possible, most of the time it's a credit situation and that's where you run into problems.

I don't recommend anybody does either. Both are problems waiting to happen.
    you've sold drugs??? wow man selling weed isnt really "hardcore" sling some thizzles or yayo then come say you dealt "drugs" not 20 sack of kush wannabe hustler

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Was offered a chance to become one from my local who ive been using for 5 years .. Would get a list of people and i would be on my own

Any ideas on people who were before on what to expect? Is it even a good idea?
    Anyone who's been doing this for years has thought about it. Who hasn't? The problem is... you might be living all high and mighty for a few years... but it's that one day when you walk in your home when you're surrounded by the feds... and you won't be living all high and mighty anymore. COOL STORY

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Tough economy...You have to have flush clientele.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

[QUOTE=Killer_Demo;16764226]

you've sold drugs??? wow man selling weed isnt really "hardcore" sling some thizzles or yayo then come say you dealt "drugs" not 20 sack of kush wannabe hustler
    Try half kilos from The Bay to Oregon. Or 120 FREE Oxycontins banging them for $40 a pop.

I'm not proud of that shit btw but don't act like you know about me fukkface.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

[QUOTE=Mantle7;16764394]

Try half kilos from The Bay to Oregon. Or 120 FREE Oxycontins banging them for $40 a pop.

I'm not proud of that shit btw but don't act like you know about me fukkface.
    only birds u see are in a cage fuckboy

Br0nxer

cotton candy

dark chocolate M and M's

sour watermelon slices

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Read my last post. It rarely happens, and when it does, you don't have to do anything yourself. I know several locals here in Vegas, and it's a very minor problem that rarely pops up. As long as you set yourself up right, you can avoid a lot of the nonsense.

I'm not saying "go do it", but this hollywood crap about having to rough guys up all the time is way overblown.
    serious question....why would someone use a local in vegas? if you say because they can bet on credit, then why would the local take their play if they cant pony up the cash to go to a book? is it just a convenience thing, i.e. cant get to a brick and mortar book?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    As a bookie you are only getting 10% of their losses, this would not be profitable against a coin-flipping monkey. Eliminates the edge of booking.
    human nature can be worse than flipping a coin

i'm up? let it ride!

i'm down? press!

most dumbasses dont know how to stand pat

Mantle7
    Death Stare

[QUOTE=Killer_Demo;16764444]

only birds u see are in a cage fuckboy
    Those days are long gone. That's short money.. Have fun splitting up those 20's out of ball.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

[QUOTE=Mantle7;16764506]

Those days are long gone. That's short money.. Have fun splitting up those 20's out of ball.
    what u know bout cookin up?? dont be mad cuz u snort that stepped on bullshit

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Give me 10 dimes on Spartans ml, thanks pal

First 1234 Last