Originally posted on 11/13/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
Kk thanks .. I do have 10-20 people i can start with if i were to do it
While everyone here will give you shit I will tell you from my experience:

2 years ago I started my own thing with a friend. We weren't shit, we had no back, we were two broke assholes who knew people and were trying to scheme something together. We had about 20 people, some bet pretty heavy and daily. They were restaraunt owners, friends, friends of friends, etc.

Started around football season... things went great... NOTHING was more exciting and a rush than waking up Saturday and Sunday morning, logging into my pay per head website and seeing over $30,000 pending wagers spread around for the early NFL and college games... we had to be raking in thousands each profit in cash every week. I would rubber band my money and walk around in public like I was Al Capone even though I look back and was a little phaggot... We had one losing week the whole year. (Was a REALLY bad week, right before Christmas too.) Got more people through the people we had referring and gave them a %... After football season we had these chinese restaraunt owners in Jersey who would wager $2,000 a night on NBA reverse parlays (spread and O/Us), and while they were losing 85% of the time it became nerve-racking because if they hit one or two it was a heavy chunk of change... but when everyone fukked off after football, they were really the only ones consistently betting.

Last year I moved from Jersey to Charlotte, 10 hours away, and was running it on my own (my friend stopped) and was receiving payments/paying out through paypal, Chase QuickPay, bank transfers, **, etc... everything was okay at first...then around NFL playoffs I was waiting longer to collect, I was having to pay people out while still not receiving money I needed from others. People knew I was far away and was taking advantage of it. I had people at times in the area collecting for me, but it was a mess.

It became a headache, I was paying people out of pocket despite being up for the weeks because people weren't paying on time. I stopped after the Superbowl and this year just bet small amounts personally for fun. You need a nice bankroll starting off or you will shit yourself every week... we originally started it like a little Ponzi scheme with barely any bankroll... Also be careful with friends because even people you trust become different when $$ is on the line in illegal activities. Unless you have ways to seriously collect on time, I wouldn't do it.

Another thing, with only 10-20 people you really don't have enough of a sample to get even action. If they all bet the same side and win and you don't lay some of it off you will get crushed. I had a Pay Per Head site that people wagered through, so I wasn't able to constantly check when wagers were inserted.

And I don't know what your bookie uses to take wagers, but Pay Per Head sites are convenient as fuk and save A LOT of time.

Also, unless you know people who love to bet daily on NBA and college hoops you are kinda beat for Football season since its half over. Playoff lines are tight as fuk.