mbo4422
    mbo4422's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I can't believe how many people actually think this is a bad trade for OKC.

We get a proven veteran, a promsing rookie, draft picks, and we save money.

Not to mention, WE WEREN"T GOING TO BE ABLE TO SIGN HIM ANYWAY. Do you guys really think OKC was going to have 4 max guys in their roster? Come on.
    Not the point. OKC could have made their title run, re-evaluated then made an offer. Instead, they made a subpar offer then traded. Let me state that again, OKC didn't have to do anything until AFTER this season.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mbo4422 View Post
    Not the point. OKC could have made their title run, re-evaluated then made an offer. Instead, they made a subpar offer then traded. Let me state that again, OKC didn't have to do anything until AFTER this season.
    You would be a horrible GM. Harden would be a Free Agent after the season and OKC wouldn't have been able to trade him. They would have gotten nothing in return had they waited.

Instead they get a good player, a promising rookie, draft picks, and still have money left over.

OKC made an offer to him, he refused, OKC did what they had to.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: prophetability

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Houston won the trade!! Kevin Martin can't guard a pole let alone the dudes on miami..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Houston won the trade!! Kevin Martin can't guard a pole let alone the dudes on miami..
    OKC has some draft picks and more cap room. They'll make another move at some point. I didn't want to see Harden go but lets be real, we couldn't sign everyone we had to max deals.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

okc got good value in return. they were going to lose him after the season for nothing. now they get two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. plus they get kevin martin. 1st round picks are like gold. okc got good value in return.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think the Thunder won big on this deal. I think ideally they'd like to keep Harden, but that obviously wasn't a choice. OKC got A LOT in return for Harden. Harden is a good player, but I don't know if he is worth that much. Really surprised they were willing to give up Jeremy Lamb along with a future 1st round pick. Basically gave up two first round picks here.

It will be interesting to see how Perry Jones and Lamb do on a good OKC team.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

The real winner here is Rockets Center Omer Asik who is an excellent offensive rebounder and will probably pull down 50,000 offensive boards with Lin and Harden firing away.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i think long term this is a great deal for okc. they knew they could never sign harden long term, at least for want he wanted, and keep westbrook/durrant/.

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

BigDofBA, losing Harden is big man. Westbrook ain't a PG. Martin can't get to the rim or finish at the rim like Harden did. They lost some athleticism and Martin is a terrible defender. It's a good move for the long term, but in the short term they downgraded.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Houston probably a playoff team now.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

great move by houston, i thought they completely folded for a minute

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

sucks!

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

It's pretty decent for the thunder..
    Kevin martin has been underrated for his entire career and was pretty much houston's main guy while harden's career was helped greatly by having durant and westbrook on his team.
    Thunder essentially have the same player as well as a more than promising young prospect in lamb and 1st round draft picks. As much as i like harden, i think he was a little overrated.
    They also got rid of dead weight aldrich and old ass muhammed.

Thats not bad for a small-market GM.

This season will be interesting to watch..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

There will be no giving Martin the ball at the top of the three point line and getting all the way to the basket or making a three from Martin. More contested shots for KD and Westbrook. Serge, Perkins, Sefolosha, and K Martin won't allow any rest for KD and Durant like Harden did.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

Harden should have taken the offer. He will find out that only going left in this league won't work so well without Durant and Westbrook on the court to worry about for the defense. They will overplay him left and he can't guard anyone.

Great deal for Ok City's future.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    It's pretty decent for the thunder..
    Kevin martin has been underrated for his entire career and was pretty much houston's main guy while harden's career was helped greatly by having durant and westbrook on his team.
    Thunder essentially have the same player as well as a more than promising young prospect in lamb and 1st round draft picks. As much as i like harden, i think he was a little overrated.
    They also got rid of dead weight aldrich and old ass muhammed.

Thats not bad for a small-market GM.

This season will be interesting to watch..
    I agree and who was the best player Martin played with in his career? Nobody that could open it up like OKC's guys. He's going to get some serious open looks on this team.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

OKC got a 1 year rental with an efficient scorer in Martin and a kid to develop in Lamb. Houston's picks should be good trade chips or used to add depth for cheap over the next few seasons. Going to be interesting to see if Martin stays on bench or takes over the 2 spot from Seb. Not sure either team got a bad deal from a financial standpoint. These franchises are in business to make ownership money first and foremost. Championships are secondary.

Houston is a work in progress with way too many unproven players.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I can't believe how many people actually think this is a bad trade for OKC.

We get a proven veteran, a promsing rookie, draft picks, and we save money.

Not to mention, WE WEREN"T GOING TO BE ABLE TO SIGN HIM ANYWAY. Do you guys really think OKC was going to have 4 max guys in their roster? Come on.
    Ibaka isn't making the max, but Harden had to go anyway. They're going to be over the cap as it is, with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    1st round picks are like gold.
    Not true. It all depends where the pick ends up. Late first rounders are routinely dumped for next to nothing.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a tragic error for Harden... probably did whaever his greedy ("i will get you a Max. Deal guaranteed")
    what the f\*\*k is $8 Million when you are going to be a part of history..

Thunder will be one of two teams of the decade, with or without him... Kevin Martin and him are the same piece
    very similar stats,**kevin martin is 17.1 ppg, and Harden was 16.8 ppg*

PLUS OKC gets a young 1st Rounder (12th pick overall) Lamb that will be yet another added presence off bench.. maybe starter in 2-3 yrs.*who knows...

OKC arguably got better and deeper. Sharp GM over there. A small market like Oklahoma (population) just can't over the luxury tax threshhold, or they bleed money. and the entire endeavor is fruitless for management.

but Harden is not going off to nowhere.. this reminds me so much of a trade in the NFL 20 yrs. ago..
    a receiver names Alvin harper was a perfect complement to Michael Irvin..

took the money from Tampa and left the team. Dallas went right back to the Super Bowl without him and won it against the Steelers.*Nobody ever heard from him again.

there is little difference between $120M and $100M... you live plenty and die with plenty..*
    if $100M is not sufficient, then $120 won't be either..
    but dying in your bed.. with those memories.. that legacy.

I am sure that Dennis Johnson died happier, having been a Celtic with Bird and McHale

OKC fine.. Harden's agent screwed up.. not really looking out for his client. Thinking small picture*

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

That's a big trade for houston

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

I love the delusional okc fans convincing themselves that this was a good trade when they know it is not. I am a knicks fan and even I recognized what harden did for them coming off the bench. Do you guys not remember all the games harden came up huge in and could say he single handily won the game? Okc biggest strength was when durant and westbrook were sitting. They would come back in at the same spot in the game or even up! Plus harden created his own shot something only kd can do on the team now. westbrook can NOT create his own high percentage shot. This was knicks problem last year among others obviously. melo was only player on teamwho could consistenly create on his own.

As for Kevin Martin, dude had a couple good years but he is as one dimensional as they come. He is a terrible fit in okc. Also lamb I dont know to much about but know we wont be hearing from him for another three years with how undeveloped he is. The only positive out of this trade is the draft picks!

ANybody make any sense of these tweets by JR?? sounds like there is a real reason why harden was traded. Only matter of time before it surfaces..

"Funny as hell how they expect JHard to take less but they ain't ask Russ or Serge to take less! But now he suppose to take less! #WHY? 7:59 AM 28 Oct 12"

"Man look if the 6th man is as important as y'all make it out to be then we should get paid to be just as important! #justsayin 8:03 AM 28 Oct 12"

"Well just got some inside news I didn't know... #MouthShut 8:15 AM 28 Oct 12"
    Last edited by forloveofthegame; 10-28-12 at 11:00 AM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Using jr smith as a source

Only at sbr

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If Harden doesn't lead the Rockets to the playoffs this year or the Finals in the next few years this will be a waste of time, money, and effort for both the Rockets and Thunder. If the Heat can make Harden look bad, Lamb and KMartin won't score a point.

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Using jr smith as a source

Only at sbr
    I have found out about multiple things before reported by following him on twitter.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post

ANybody make any sense of these tweets by JR?? sounds like there is a real reason why harden was traded. Only matter of time before it surfaces..

"Funny as hell how they expect JHard to take less but they ain't ask Russ or Serge to take less! But now he suppose to take less! #WHY? 7:59 AM 28 Oct 12"

"Man look if the 6th man is as important as y'all make it out to be then we should get paid to be just as important! #justsayin 8:03 AM 28 Oct 12"

"Well just got some inside news I didn't know... #MouthShut 8:15 AM 28 Oct 12"
    Harden was doing a Delonte West with Westbrook's mom. That's why the move.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    I love the delusional okc fans convincing themselves that this was a good trade when they know it is not. I am a knicks fan and even I recognized what harden did for them coming off the bench. Do you guys not remember all the games harden came up huge in and could say he single handily won the game? Okc biggest strength was when durant and westbrook were sitting. They would come back in at the same spot in the game or even up! Plus harden created his own shot something only kd can do on the team now.
    Say whatever you want. I was not impressed by his Finals performance. Guy disappeared in three of the five games. Combined to shoot 6 for 27 in those games. He was fantastic in the Spurs series but his performance in the Finals was a big reason why they almost got swept.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

JR Smith is mentally deficient.

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Say whatever you want. I was not impressed by his Finals performance. Guy disappeared in three of the five games. Combined to shoot 6 for 27 in those games. He was fantastic in the Spurs series but his performance in the Finals was a big reason why they almost got swept.
    I agree he had a rough finals but that was the heats focus shutting him down. And he struggled with his shot the rest of the series. Same thing the heat did to the knicks. battier was glued to jr game 1 of the series. One bad series doesnt make a team part ways with a guy that has produced throughout the whole season and only getting better.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kevin Martin > James Harden

Harden is not good his team made him good.. Martin will be a team player and stroke that 3-ball all day long

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Sucks to be James Harden. Playing a big role on a team that just made it to the finals and playing with guys he genuinely likes being with. Then traded to Houston. Wow that sucks.
    Harden can still bounce on the Rockets when he becomes a free agent at the end of year unless he agreed to sign a max contract with the Rockets.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

You would be a horrible GM. Harden would be a Free Agent after the season and OKC wouldn't have been able to trade him. They would have gotten nothing in return had they waited.

Instead they get a good player, a promising rookie, draft picks, and still have money left over.

OKC made an offer to him, he refused, OKC did what they had to.
    this is right on the money.. the agent i am sure pushed a stupid request/ Harden allowed himself to be taken advantage of/or wanted too much (bench guys get less. period) and OKC made the best of it. OKC still wins more than one right with this group. Do not be fooled about that, this team is great, and super deep (and getting deeper it looks like)

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Coach pop is the happiest man on earth right now..

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Coach pop is the happiest man on earth right now..
    Exactly! With the Lakers in a position where they have to play old guys 48 minutes a game to keep the bench players from spoiling everything, and now the Thunder partially neutered, a huge window of opportunity has opened up for the Spurs.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

great for the thunder. Martin is a player that i dont think too many people know how good he is and has been in his career. Not to mention a rookie point guard who can get the ball out of westbrooks hands, and 2 draft picks to.

Lets not forget that this team knows how to draft, so giving them picks is dangerous.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

When i heard the thunder got Lamb i had to laugh.
    In addition to getting kevin Martin as a replacement for Harden they got great rookies in jonesIII AND Lamb, both of whom have serious future potential and would probably START for a lesser team(look at the blazers and lillard). For a team that went to finals last year, OKC ended up with two great players from this years draft.

First 1234 Last