Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

236 53.64%
  • Mitt Romney

204 46.36%
    ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty shocking results thus far. If you were to make a guess based on PT posts over the last few months you would think this board is 90% Republican.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

By in large...............

The majority of SQUARES bet favorites in baseball and football

The majority of SQUARES bet underdogs in boxing and politics

The latter fits the equation to perfection purtaining to this upcoming presidential election

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

romney leading oh indys by double digits. obama will have to match 08 dem advantage to win oh.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Pretty shocking results thus far. If you were to make a guess based on PT posts over the last few months you would think this board is 90% Republican.
    Obama won the SBR vote in 08 by about 20 points.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    romney leading oh indys by double digits. obama will have to match 08 dem advantage to win oh.

......you gonna visit Santa at the northpole before Christmas?

Boscoe

is my math wrong?

Fishhead

I thank the GOP backers for being overly optimistc, as well as blind, it has provided a tremendous overlay for astute punters worldwide betting the presidential election.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    I thank the GOP backers for being overly optimistc, as well as blind, it has provided a tremendous overlay for astute punters worldwide betting the presidential election.

Also will make this prediction, after Romney officially takes the loss, the GOP backers will make an indication how very, very close the election was...............when it reality wasn't at anytime, before or after.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Fishhead owning the GOP kids

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

+1
    The result had been written 4 years ago after he won the 1st time around.

I cant remember but how many presidents have been booted after only 1 term in the past??

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8492

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    +1
    The result had been written 4 years ago after he won the 1st time around.

I cant remember but how many presidents have been booted after only 1 term in the past??
    it wasn't that long ago actually. Lots of similarities this time. I am sure there were guys back then said the same thing

Back in 1980 Gallup had Jimmy Carter up over Ronald Reagan by 4 points in mid to late September… And, Carter was up 8 points in October. In fact there was a published Gallup poll showing Carter up six among likely voters in a poll conducted Oct. 24 to 27.

Boscoe

Only 3 of last 6 prezs have won their election. Incumbency is important but not only factor when capping prez
    elections

Fishhead

Very simple in this day and age fellas...

1. Don't pay for intercourse
    2. Dont pay a sportstout
    3. Don't vote GOP
    4. Have a drink or two a day

DwightShrute

Very simple in this day and age fellas...

1. Don't pay for intercourse - we all do one way or another
    2. Dont pay a sportstout - yup
    3. Don't vote GOP - if you want more government controlling your life
    4. Have a drink or two a day - yup

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

Dewey, good luck with your gambling and driving today.

FH

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Mitt Bush isn't doing so well lately

DwightShrute

Dewey, good luck with your gambling and driving today.

FH
    thanks and U2

driving?

I use a chauffeur

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    thanks and U2

driving?

I use a chauffeur
    Tremendous

DwightShrute

Tremendous
    Thanks

give me a pick for tomorrow Fish

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

JJ Gold,who would win a fist fight between Mighty Mouse and Obama?That's a stupid question,Mighty Mouse is a real person and Obama is a cartoon.It would be a great fight though,right JJ Gold?

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    Only 3 of last 6 prezs have won their election. Incumbency is important but not only factor when capping prez
    elections
    for incumbent presidents , in last 100 years , its 19 wins 10 losses.

if its a first term party (in this case) , in last 100 years , its 9 wins 1 loss .

I'm not American , but I know a good bet when I see one .
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave aceking 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    for incumbent presidents , in last 100 years , its 19 wins 10 losses.

if its a first term party (in this case) , in last 100 years , its 9 wins 1 loss .

I'm not American , but I know a good bet when I see one .
    And I believe the one loss was because of a third party candidate.

I was trying to tell these libtards its nearly impossible to beat a sitting president. They seemed to think Romney was a weak candidate.

If I was a libtard I would not be celebrating this election. In two years this president completely lost the House and effectively lost the Senate. He hasn't had a budget approved in 3 years and there is a chance he will spend 8 years in office and only his first pork barrel budget was passed. No one will ever accomplish as poor of a record. He did play 59 rounds of golf last year so he has that record anyway.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

I was trying to tell these libtards its nearly impossible to beat a sitting president. They seemed to think Romney was a weak candidate.

If I was a libtard I would not be celebrating this election. In two years this president completely lost the House and effectively lost the Senate. He hasn't had a budget approved in 3 years and there is a chance he will spend 8 years in office and only his first pork barrel budget was passed. No one will ever accomplish as poor of a record. He did play 59 rounds of golf last year so he has that record anyway.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Obama is still a 2-1 fav but has not closed the deal.
    Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012
    Share on facebook Share on google_plusone
    More Sharing Services
    62.9%
    CHANCE
    Last prediction was: $6.29 / share
    Today's Change: -$0.08 (-1.3%)

ACoochy

Name me a time throughout history when the opposition party hadn't been so obstructionist?

Primarily, all u conservative nuthuggers did was go after the person, not his policies and at the expense of the American public discourse may I add.

You teach us to go after the post and not the poster. Its a shame ur political views show a lack of consistency with ur everyday ideology.

Do as I say and not as I do
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John, and CallMeChip

ACoochy

I will say kudos to you though Mr Walker for leaving this thread where it is, even though your man is doing a little less than adequately in the polls.

Gotta say though part of me is admirative that you havent disbanded this thread yet and have instead chosen to roll with the punches. Didnt think you had the internal fortitude to stay once the ship started sinking. Trait of a true patriot

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Name me a time throughout history when the opposition party hadn't been so obstructionist?

Primarily, all u conservative nuthuggers did was go after the person, not his policies and at the expense of the American public discourse may I add.

You teach us to go after the post and not the poster. Its a shame ur political views show a lack of consistency with ur everyday ideology.

Do as I say and not as I do
    Could have sworn Obama said he was going to unite us??

There are times one party needs to obstruct and this is certainly one of them. You may recall Obama controlled the House and Senate in his first two years. Republicans were then elected in droves to stop his pork barrel stimulus. You may also recall Obama did not even pass a budget because he was unwilling to negotiate a budget. He is not a King. Congress was elected in 2010 to stop his w reckless spending. If he ever wants to pass an agenda HE is the one who has to scrap higher taxes and agree to cut spending.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I'm pretty sure everybody is going to get a tax hike this January... No matter who gets elected..

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Could have sworn Obama said he was going to unite us??

There are times one party needs to obstruct and this is certainly one of them. You may recall Obama controlled the House and Senate in his first two years. Republicans were then elected in droves to stop his pork barrel stimulus. You may also recall Obama did not even pass a budget because he was unwilling to negotiate a budget. He is not a King. Congress was elected in 2010 to stop his w reckless spending. If he ever wants to pass an agenda HE is the one who has to scrap higher taxes and agree to cut spending.

Your information is not even close to being correct. You're either getting your information from liars or you're not remembering recent history very well. That information is available.

Also, look up the (R) cloture/philibuster numbers over the past 3+ years and compare those numbers to history. Look at who shut down legislation. Who wants to work with who? You have (R) leadership in congress saying 'our only job is to make sure Obama is a 1 term president' and then basically said 'f you' to every American.
    Further
    I don't know the term when you have a house that's worth 100k, you (Republicans in this metaphor) tell the buyer it's actually worth 500k. The buyer asks if you'd take 200k for the house - and the seller says 'nope, 300k or no deal'. That's not negotiating in good faith and it's impossible to work with that type of seller, if you catch my metaphor.
    The Dems are giving Republicans MORE than they ask for in budget cuts (fact, easily researchable) and the Republicans turn THAT down and say 'well we want you to cut off funding for x or y and cut more.'

Sorry man, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's flawed, biased and completely incorrect. There are just 'news' sources that provide news and you can parse your own facts and figure out how no matter what, both parties are f'n you - it's just one just held the country hostage for years and put politics over people being out of work. To me, that's why I'm leaving the (R) party after this election. The party is a joke and right wing media is not helping anything.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Your information is not even close to being correct. You're either getting your information from liars or you're not remembering recent history very well. That information is available.

Also, look up the (R) cloture/philibuster numbers over the past 3+ years and compare those numbers to history. Look at who shut down legislation. Who wants to work with who? You have (R) leadership in congress saying 'our only job is to make sure Obama is a 1 term president' and then basically said 'f you' to every American.
    Further
    I don't know the term when you have a house that's worth 100k, you (Republicans in this metaphor) tell the buyer it's actually worth 500k. The buyer asks if you'd take 200k for the house - and the seller says 'nope, 300k or no deal'. That's not negotiating in good faith and it's impossible to work with that type of seller, if you catch my metaphor.
    The Dems are giving Republicans MORE than they ask for in budget cuts (fact, easily researchable) and the Republicans turn THAT down and say 'well we want you to cut off funding for x or y and cut more.'

Sorry man, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's flawed, biased and completely incorrect. There are just 'news' sources that provide news and you can parse your own facts and figure out how no matter what, both parties are f'n you - it's just one just held the country hostage for years and put politics over people being out of work. To me, that's why I'm leaving the (R) party after this election. The party is a joke and right wing media is not helping anything.
    Actually my info is accurate and a matter of record. Indeed the House and Senate were controlled by Democrats who spent a trillon dollars on things like Solendra before the electorate swept in the conservatives in 2010.

As far as filibusterers go, its up to the majority party to negotiate an acceptable deal. They could have but didn't. The Republicans did exactly what The People elected them to do which was to stop the Solendra type spending.

You can blame it on Bush or the minority party pre 2010 but at the end of the day Obama has no one to blame but himself. The only way to break a fillibuster is to give the minority party enough of what they are asking for. Obama is not a king. He cant cram legislation down the throats of the minority party if he doesn't have a fillibuster proof majority. Maybe he needs to read the Constitution.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Actually my info is accurate and a matter of record. Indeed the House and Senate were controlled by Democrats who spent a trillon dollars on things like Solendra before the electorate swept in the conservatives in 2010.

As far as filibusterers go, its up to the majority party to negotiate an acceptable deal. They could have but didn't. The Republicans did exactly what The People elected them to do which was to stop the Solendra type spending.

You can blame it on Bush or the minority party pre 2010 but at the end of the day Obama has no one to blame but himself. The only way to break a fillibuster is to give the minority party enough of what they are asking for. Obama is not a king. He cant cram legislation down the throats of the minority party if he doesn't have a fillibuster proof majority. Maybe he needs to read the Constitution.
    The Republicans weren't going to negotiate a thing they were dead set on being contrary to anything that came out of Obama's mouth regardless if they had initially proposed it. Obama knows the Constitution better than you could ever hope to.

Fishhead

The country is in better all-around shape since Obama has been in the oval office.

Less troops, no Osama any longer, stock market and housing recovering, Iowa farmland surging, saved auto industry.

Hell, four years from now, Obama may be regarded as top three President of all-time.

Fishhead

An Obama victory will make the country a happier place.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Fishhead 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Tell 'em boys. The economy isn't in the shitter because of the Pres, it's in the shitter because of the previous
    8 years. Wall St and big banks were gambling with our money, on top of two unfunded wars and we had to
    put up with little baby Repubs for 4 more years? WTF?

Here's a deal for you Repubs. After you vote for Mitt, click on every Dem for house and senate, why, because
    he prides himself on working with them.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Tell 'em boys. The economy isn't in the shitter because of the Pres, it's in the shitter because of the previous
    8 years. Wall St and big banks were gambling with our money, on top of two unfunded wars.

Spot on, how anyone can think otherwise is beyond comprehension.

First ... 78910111213 ... Last