Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It absolutely does. Not because of the degree from said institution - but from who you meet.

State college = broke dikk families sending their pride and joy
    Ivy league = rich ass families who are sending their pride and joy.

Who you rub shoulders with matters. There is a saying about it.
    There's a saying.. But it's only a saying.. There's also no guarantee that you'll "rub shoulders" with the right people even if you attend an ivy league school..

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Its not the grades you make, but the hands you shake.

That saying can be applied to pretty much anything, not just college.
    No question.

Networking with the right people is simply part of putting yourself in position to succeed.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Its not the grades you make, but the hands you shake.

That saying can be applied to pretty much anything, not just college.
    Agreed, problem is, just that you attend an Ivy league, doesn't mean you will shake hands with the right people..

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    No question.

Networking with the right people is simply part of putting yourself in position to succeed.
    Opie, call that fukking article company and make sure they put that shit as #22.. Because that's true, and it's very evident..

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I would take that list with a major grain of salt. Guy whose "research" it is based on is a scam artist named Steve Siebold who charges you $20,000 a day for him to motivate you:

http://speakerstevesiebold.com/investment.htm

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I would take that list with a major grain of salt. Guy whose "research" it is based on is a scam artist named Steve Siebold who charges you $20,000 a day for him to motivate you:

http://speakerstevesiebold.com/investment.htm
    Steve Siebold is a world-class motivational speaker. I assure you if he can command those types of fees it's not because he sucks at it.

This is certainly not a "how-to" list. It's simply a list of common traits that successful people tend to exhibit. Not really anything in there that I would think one would need to be sketchy about.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Motivational speaker who charges $20,000 a day = Scam artist.

People who rely on motivational speakers for advice and read self-help books = losers in life.

My (free) advice: Educated yourself as much as possible so that you can understand and appreciate the beauty of the world.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

And getting back to reality... Not everyone can be rich - no matter how hard EVERYONE works and how stringently they exhibit the "get rich" characteristics in that article.

opie1988

Motivational speaker who charges $20,000 a day = Scam artist.

People who rely on motivational speakers for advice and read self-help books = losers in life.

My (free) advice: Educated yourself as much as possible so that you can understand and appreciate the beauty of the world.
    So you consider Zig Ziglar and Tony Robbins scam artists as well?

I can assure you the Fortune 500 corporations that hire these guys to speak aren't run by idiots.

Not sure of your point regarding people who "rely" on motivational speakers? I've had the opportunity to hear several excellent speakers in my time, some who I enjoyed, and some not so much. But I absolutely can appreciate the talent it takes to be able to deliver a speech like that. Very few in the world who can do that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

being rich or poor has almost nothing to do with hard work

I'm probably the laziest person I know and in about the best financial shape

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

#1.born on third.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I can assure you the Fortune 500 corporations that hire these guys to speak aren't run by idiots.

Not sure of your point regarding people who "rely" on motivational speakers? I've had the opportunity to hear several excellent speakers in my time, some who I enjoyed, and some not so much. But I absolutely can appreciate the talent it takes to be able to deliver a speech like that. Very few in the world who can do that.
    Yeah, I consider them all scam artists and the people who listen to them and are awed by them as being borderline mentally retarded.

My advice, free again, to you Opie is to probably get off SBR for a while. 11,037 posts in less than 2 years indicates that you are a huge loser to be spending so much time online on a sports gambling board. Maybe pick up a book or something instead. There, inspired to change the world and become a better person?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

good read

most lack innovation

if you can't find a job, invent one

opie1988

Yeah, I consider them all scam artists and the people who listen to them and are awed by them as being borderline mentally retarded.

My advice, free again, to you Opie is to probably get off SBR for a while. 11,037 posts in less than 2 years indicates that you are a huge loser to be spending so much time online on a sports gambling board. Maybe pick up a book or something instead. There, inspired to change the world and become a better person?
    My advice to you is to fukk off.

I tried to be respectful to your dumbass, but you're just such a miserable prikk I couldn't help myself.

Its fairly clear from your posts that you feel slighted by the hand life has dealt you. While it saddens me that you're so clearly disenchanted with your own life, why not pass along encouragement to others who aren't yet as beaten down as you so clearly are?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

LOL!

Tony Robbins is a scam artist. These are no better than these Sunday Preachers driving Escalades and promising to heal you for a fee.

That said, I have no problem with Scam artists - it's their hustle. I know I am not buying it.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

My advice to you is to fukk off.

I tried to be respectful to your dumbass, but you're just such a miserable prikk I couldn't help myself.

Its fairly clear from your posts that you feel slighted by the hand life has dealt you. While it saddens me that you're so clearly disenchanted with your own life, why not pass along encouragement to others who aren't yet as beaten down as you so clearly are?
    Yeah, true, but when the mail comes to my place it says "Dr." on it.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

opie1988

Sure it does, pal.

No one successful would be as clearly beaten down by life as you. It's simply not a trait that a successful person exhibits.

Regardless, I hope you find some happiness. Going thru life trying to bring others down is no way to live, pal.

Keep your head up!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Sure it does, pal.

No one successful would be as clearly beaten down by life as you. It's simply not a trait that a successful person exhibits.

Regardless, I hope you find some happiness. Going thru life trying to bring others down is no way to live, pal.

Keep your head up!
    Exactly. He's an American. He's supposed to be inspired to get rich. Not be a decent human being. Nor expect other Americans to strive to be decent human beings.

That's the true road to happiness.

He just doesn't get it.
    Points Awarded:

King Mayan gave MonkeyF0cker 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Sure it does, pal.

Keep your head up!
    How much you want to bet?

opie1988

How much you want to bet?
    As I said, I'm sure it does. Has nothing to do with the fact that you're so beaten down by life. Good luck with that.

Hopefully some can see thru the disenchanted, miserable fukks trolling this thread.

There really are some excellent points in that article.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Nah they arent but what they are trying to do is motivate their very own idiots.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

As I said, I'm sure it does. Has nothing to do with the fact that you're so beaten down by life. Good luck with that.

Hopefully some can see thru the disenchanted, miserable fukks trolling this thread.

Mockery is often confused for misery.

Just as wealth is often confused for happiness.
    Last edited by MonkeyF0cker; 09-04-12 at 08:35 PM.
    Points Awarded:

PuckOff gave MonkeyF0cker 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post

Just as wealth is often confused for happiness.
    Amazing how much more confident you seem behind a keyboard than in real life.

Wonder why??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    #1.born on third.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Amazing how much more confident you seem behind a keyboard than in real life.

Wonder why??
    Uhh. What?

You didn't even meet me. Remember?

Or are we resorting to desperate lies and contortion now?

ChalkyDog

Just as wealth is often confused for happiness and reality for ideology.
    Wealth is happiness - or at least you can buy it. Anyone who says you can't buy happiness doesn't have enough money.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Does it bother you that when I go to parties people call me Doctor?....While you, on the other hand, post on SBR 24/7 and need motivational speakers and self-help books to get you through the day and one day hope that if you work hard enough you can be rich, that is if you listen to the motivational speaker who made the list. Would not that be great to be super rich and post on SBR as opposed to being broke and posting on SBR. What respect you would command from everyone! LOL 11,042 posts in < 2 years on SBR.

Look at me bro, I worked hard to get where I am and to get my title. 32 years old and people call me Dr. Well, really just people I hate I make them call me Dr.. No motivational speakers, no self-help books, no praying to God....just good old fashion hard work, something you don't know shit about unless you consider posting on a sports gambling forum hard work.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Wealth is happiness - or at least you can buy it. Anyone who says you can't buy happiness doesn't have enough money.
    Obviously. Look at all of the HAPPY Hollywood celebrities that turn to substance abuse (among other things) and absolutely destroy their lives.

I guess they didn't have enough money.

ChalkyDog

Does it bother you that when I go to parties people call me Doctor?....While you, on the other hand, post on SBR 24/7 and need motivational speakers and self-help books to get you through the day and one day hope that if you work hard enough you can be rich, that is if you listen to the motivational speaker who made the list. Would not that be great to be super rich and post on SBR as opposed to being broke and posting on SBR. What respect you would command from everyone! LOL 11,042 posts in < 2 years on SBR.

Look at me bro, I worked hard to get where I am and to get my title. 32 years old and people call me Dr. Well, really just people I hate I make them call me Dr.. No motivational speakers, no self-help books, no praying to God....just good old fashion hard work, something you don't know shit about unless you consider posting on a sports gambling forum hard work.
    Buddy, I got a doctorate - but nobody calls me doctor. I think it is prejudice against the profession.

As a result, unless you are a medical Dr. I will never call you doctor.

ChalkyDog

Obviously. Look at all of the HAPPY Hollywood celebrities that turn to substance abuse and destroy their lives.

I guess they didn't have enough money.
    Can't blame substance and money. It is stupidity that did it. Some people don't deserve drugs.

opie1988

Look at me bro, I worked hard to get where I am and to get my title. 32 years old and people call me Dr. Well, really just people I hate. No motivational speakers, no self-help books, no praying to God....just good old fashion hard work, something you don't know shit about unless you consider posting on a sports gambling forum hard work.
    Yes, I'm poor.

Sorry, pal....you can say what you want, but NO ONE successful would talk about themselves the way you just did. Period. It's not even debatable.

You can't fake that. Sorry for your disenchantment. All the best.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Yes, I'm poor.

Sorry, pal....you can say what you want, but NO ONE successful would talk about themselves the way you just did. Period. It's not even debatable.

You can't fake that. Sorry for your disenchantment. All the best.
    Put your money where your mouth is. How much you want to bet?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Can't blame substance and money. It is stupidity that did it. Some people don't deserve drugs.
    But that defeats your theory. Or are they SO stupid that they don't know that happy is better than sad and self-destructive?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

A materialistic person can buy happiness..

But you can't buy love..well maybe fake love.

First 1234 Last