sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How does D'Antoni have an "intimate relationship and understanding" of Kobe Bryant?
    Lakers star KB
    was also familiar with D'Antoni; Bryant as a child knew him when D'Antoni was a star in Italy and Bryant's father was also playing there. Bryant grew close with D'Antoni during their time with Team USA

On his relationship with D'Antoni from playing against him and on Team USA...
    "I mean, we have a great relationship. The offense that he installed for our USA Team is the offense that we run to the tune of two gold medals. We all know the type of talent that we had on that team, so it was important for us to have an offense that was flexible, that was open, that kept everybody involved. It worked pretty well for us."

"I know how competitive he is," Bryant said. "He's a feisty, feisty dude. Temperamental, even. I like that."

D'Antoni on Bryant -

The guy is an unbelievable player and I’ve never been around anyone with the intensity he has. Sometimes it goes either way, good or bad, but I will take his ability play hard and his desire to win.
    "And you know what, sometimes he might come off the floor cussing me out in Italian, which is good so many people won’t understand. And that’s great. I’m cool with that and cool with guys who want the same thing I want, which is winning."
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-19-14 at 10:29 AM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm sticking to my guns that this team has issues.

1-4 and they already can their coach.

Bandwagon Laker fans will say the regular season doesn't matter and pretend this team can just turn it on in the playoffs. I don't see it.
    Yep. Still sticking to my guns.

20 games in and this team is still under .500.

They have issues. I doubt they even may the Western Conference Finals.

BabyMatrix27
    BabyMatrix27's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not just Nash's "injuries." The guy is 38 years old, and he's going to have to figure out -- as will Kobe -- how he fits into this offense given how much Kobe has the ball in his hands. They're both used to dominating ball possession; I'm not sure how either will be able to budge there, either to the point where Kobe becomes less selfish with the ball or Nash can still be effective without having it as much.

Dwight's "back"? LOL. More like Dwight's gut.
    Lakers will win more when Kobe has the ball less... for ex, Kobe dropped 40 pts last week with a flu against crappy Pacers at home and Lakers still lost! One game later... everyone was on FIRE against Denver, easy WIN!! Nash will help L.A

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    From Wikipedia

Lakers star KB was also familiar with D'Antoni; Bryant as a child knew him when D'Antoni was a star in Italy and Bryant's father was also playing there. Bryant grew close with D'Antoni during their time with Team USA

On his relationship with D'Antoni from playing against him and on Team USA...
    "I mean, we have a great relationship. The offense that he installed for our USA Team is the offense that we run to the tune of two gold medals. We all know the type of talent that we had on that team, so it was important for us to have an offense that was flexible, that was open, that kept everybody involved. It worked pretty well for us."

"I know how competitive he is," Bryant said. "He's a feisty, feisty dude. Temperamental, even. I like that."

D'Antoni on Bryant -

The guy is an unbelievable player and I’ve never been around anyone with the intensity he has. Sometimes it goes either way, good or bad, but I will take his ability play hard and his desire to win.
    "And you know what, sometimes he might come off the floor cussing me out in Italian, which is good so many people won’t understand. And that’s great. I’m cool with that and cool with guys who want the same thing I want, which is winning."

LMAO we (USA basketball) could go out there with a drawn in the dirt plan and do better than the shit offense he runs, Only reason it was even close between US and Spain was that trash dantoni game planned.

US shouldnt have had people within 30 of them, not even Spain.

Kobe didnt sound so cheery today on the radio in the comments after another 40 point 4th quarter from an opponent.

But seriously it isnt the offense, I said that when Brown was there, they completely stopped playing defense this year, If Lakers played the same type of defense last year as they are this year they would have won one game in their first 15.

Only time Lakers are going to outscore anyone is if that team couldnt hit the ocean against anyone. Not because lakers shut them down.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-19-14 at 10:30 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I must be delusional

BigDofBA

When are people going to give up on the Lakers? A 39 Steve Nash won't make much of a difference.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Nash = min 10 points 10 assists (i'll let you rookies do the math on how many addition points that is). not even counting gasol. Lakers lose this game in OKC by single digits without 2 of the top 25 players in the nba on the court.

remember, when you are all wrong, you will eat your words in the end. then, you will all disappear into the mist forever
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

When are people going to give up on the Lakers? A 39 Steve Nash won't make much of a difference.
    How many assists did 38 year old Nash average last year?

Thanks.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

As long as the Lakers have Kobe they will have a chance, however I just see too much working against them this year. Lakers will get into the playoffs around the 6th seed, and will more than likely be one and done. Still early though, but anyone still talking about the Lakers winning the division right now are die hard fans being hopeful.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Nash = min 10 points 10 assists (i'll let you rookies do the math on how many addition points that is). not even counting gasol. Lakers lose this game in OKC by single digits without 2 of the top 25 players in the nba on the court.remember, when you are all wrong, you will eat your words in the end. then, you will all disappear into the mist forever
    incorrect.
    Nashty does not play defense..
    Gasol useless on Fast Break pts.this is not football..

you cannot only count a QBs touchdown passes.

If Nash scores 10 pts. he will give up 18 on defense..
    with a much speedier and more athletic PG on the ther end.

this one-sided view is how the Lakers got into this mess.

OKC 28 Fast Break Points
    LAK 8 Fast Break Points

The Lakers lead the league in Turnovers.
    Turnover against OKC lead to instant pts. the other way.

that is why the discrepancy is so huge in that stat. (FB pts. )

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    incorrect.
    Nashty does not play defense..
    Gasol useless on Fast Break pts.this is not football..

you cannot only count a QBs touchdown passes.

If Nash scores 10 pts. he will give up 18 on defense..
    with a much speedier and more athletic PG on the ther end.

this one-sided view is how the Lakers got into this mess.

OKC 28 Fast Break Points
    LAK 8 Fast Break Points

The Lakers lead the league in Turnovers.
    Turnover against OKC lead to instant pts. the other way.

that is why the discrepancy is so huge in that stat. (FB pts. )
    That's why goat is such an idiot. He just got owned.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Lakers lose this game in OKC by single digits without 2 of the top 25 players in the nba on the court.
    Just when I thought you couldn't get any more delusional....

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Nash was a 2 time MVP. Getting him back will only help the Lakers. Nash can dribble through the paint and create wide opened shots for everyone else. Duhon is one of the worst PG's in the NBA, and Kobe is too much of a ball hog. If Nash is left to run the point the Lakers will improve drastically.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Nash was a 2 time MVP. Getting him back will only help the Lakers. Nash can dribble through the paint and create wide opened shots for everyone else. Duhon is one of the worst PG's in the NBA, and Kobe is too much of a ball hog. If Nash is left to run the point the Lakers will improve drastically.
    How do Nash and Kobe share the ball? I know Kobe's not a PG per se, but he has the ball in his hands a lot. So does Nash. Without it, both are less effective. How does that sharing transpire? Before Nash went down, he was just wandering aimlessly on the court.

Ratzz

hmm.. i wonder when that happened..
    Attached Images  

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Steve Blake was hurt too dont forget

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    hmm.. i wonder when that happened..
    If you look at the first page of this thread I said if nash got hurt the lakers were fuked long before nash got hurt.

FindTheLock

How do Nash and Kobe share the ball? I know Kobe's not a PG per se, but he has the ball in his hands a lot. So does Nash. Without it, both are less effective. How does that sharing transpire? Before Nash went down, he was just wandering aimlessly on the court.
    The whole key is to take the ball away from Kobe. Kobe is a ball hog who is a volume scorer and would rather shoot over a double team than to pass. The only way this team can succeed is to let Nash be in control. Kobe scores 40 pts and loses all the time, he needs to change his ways or he will continue to lose.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

BigDofBA

How many assists did 38 year old Nash average last year?

Thanks.
    Two years ago the Lakers were barely better than OKC. Last year OKC was clearly the better team. This year, OKC is still clearly the better team and the Lakers are older and on the downside of their careers while OKC is still getting better and on the upside.

Nash is 39 and can't guard Westbrook. I don't care how many assists he averaged last year. Did his team make the playoffs?

Howard is a certified lose and isn't that much better than Bynum imo. Gasol couldn't do anything against OKC last year.

This Laker team has no bench, the pieces they added don't fit together at all, and they have a coach that doesn't fit the team.

You are delusional.

I'm laughing my ass off at your comment "LA only lost by single digits". They got dominated and were down like 19 points in the fourth quarter. Are you really going to act like they accomplished something by making an ass kicking look "respectable" in the final two minutes? LOL. It's a sad day when people are bragging that the Lakers only lost by single digits.

They aren't even a .500 teams and we're about 1/4 of the way through the season.

The top 4 teams in the west are

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Grizzlies
    4. Clippers

So where does LA fall because they aren't in the upper echelon? They will not win the West.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-08-12 at 02:50 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The whole key is to take the ball away from Kobe. Kobe is a ball hog who is a volume scorer and would rather shoot over a double team than to pass. The only way this team can succeed is to let Nash be in control. Kobe scores 40 pts and loses all the time, he needs to change his ways or he will continue to lose.
    I'm sure Kobe will agree to not having the ball in his hands as much after doing so for 17 straight years.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Two years ago the Lakers were barely better than OKC. Last year OKC was clearly the better team. This year, OKC is still clearly the better team and the Lakers are older and on the downside of their careers while OKC is still getting better and on the upside.

Nash is 39 and can't guard Westbrook. I don't care how many assists he averaged last year. Did his team make the playoffs?

Howard is a certified lose and isn't that much better than Bynum imo. Gasol couldn't do anything against OKC last year.

This Laker team has no bench, the pieces they added don't fit together at all, and they have a coach that doesn't fit the team.

You are delusional.

I'm laughing my ass off at your comment "LA only lost by single digits". They got dominated and were down like 19 points in the fourth quarter. Are you really going to act like they accomplished something by making an ass kicking look "respectable" in the final two minutes? LOL. It's a sad day when people are bragging that the Lakers only lost by single digits.

They aren't even a .500 teams and we're about 1/4 of the way through the season.

The top 4 teams in the west are

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Grizzlies
    4. Clippers

So where does LA fall because they aren't in the upper echelon? They will not win the West.
    Exactly. Lakers won't even make it through a series with one of these teams, much less 2 of them.

I love how Steve Nash has somehow become this mystical figure that is supposed to completely turn the Lakers around upon his return.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I dont think the Lakers come out of the West but the one xfactor is Artest is playing very good ball this year gives them a little more of a chance

Ratzz

so what are the numbers exactly..?

there are 40X.. 50X more delusional people.. than not?

there is no way a national poll would be carried by a team that is 11th in the West

FindTheLock

I'm sure Kobe will agree to not having the ball in his hands as much after doing so for 17 straight years.
    If he doesn't then the lakers have no chance. Kobe is not the player he thinks he is. Howard puts no effort on either end of the floor because he knows Kobe is just going to jack up 30 bricks with 4 guys wide opened. I said all of this on the first page. If Kobe passed the ball and they had no injuries they had a chance to win the west, but Kobe is not passing the ball and they have not been healthy. It is always easy to dissect a team after you get the hindsight of seeing them collapse with injuries, effort, a ball hog, and poor coaching. I am not saying the lakers will win the west, but I am saying Nash will make them a better team. It is ok if people want to disagree with me, because it is simply my opinion. If Kobe continues to jack up air balls and bricks while double teamed, then he is just trying to pad his stats, and he has no interest in winning a playoff series anyway. He has been scoring a lot of points and huge deficits while losing games have been the result. Kobe is straight volume and he is far from clutch, so he needs to pass the ball and let someone else run the offense. Nash is still one of the best offensive PG's to facilitate an offense in my opinion. Only time will tell...

FindTheLock

in the Lakers wins Kobe has averaged 11 points fewer than in the lakers losses.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

This thread hanging on at this point is no more than a hail mary. The only truly delutional thought after watching the Lakers is that they would even make it to WCF, much less win it.

Hell the way they are playing they might not even make it to the playoffs.

Ratzz

If he doesn't then the lakers have no chance. Kobe is not the player he thinks he is. Howard puts no effort on either end of the floor because he knows Kobe is just going to jack up 30 bricks with 4 guys wide opened. I said all of this on the first page. If Kobe passed the ball and they had no injuries they had a chance to win the west, but Kobe is not passing the ball and they have not been healthy. It is always easy to dissect a team after you get the hindsight of seeing them collapse with injuries, effort, a ball hog, and poor coaching. I am not saying the lakers will win the west, but I am saying Nash will make them a better team. It is ok if people want to disagree with me, because it is simply my opinion. If Kobe continues to jack up air balls and bricks while double teamed, then he is just trying to pad his stats, and he has no interest in winning a playoff series anyway. He has been scoring a lot of points and huge deficits while losing games have been the result. Kobe is straight volume and he is far from clutch, so he needs to pass the ball and let someone else run the offense. Nash is still one of the best offensive PG's to facilitate an offense in my opinion. Only time will tell...
    this is all correct.. imo

i wrote something similar in a thread entitled..
    "Lakers are 5-1, when Kobe scores less than 25 pts... man are they screwed"

he's like the guy that orders way too many drinks, and thinks he's not drunk, and that chicks are into him..

Lakers are killers when he passes.. 6-1 now, when under 25,
    and 2-10 i think when over 25 pts.

bhodgin
    bhodgin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Please,

this is clearly OKC's year. No matter what they do, they will lose to them in a 7 series game. OKC has the perfect combination of length, speed, power, and athleticism. They can play small ball and simply run the older Lakers off the court, while still playing average defense. Turnovers have always been OKC's achilles heel, if they play efficient they dominate. Last night was a perfect example, OKC was able to hit open jump shots right out of the gate because of everybody sharing the ball. Westbrook lead off, Durant took over in the 2nd. While Ibaka, KMart, and Collison carry their loads.

OKC has an elite perimeter defender (thabo), an elite shot-blocker (Ibaka), a lane clog (Perkins), best offensive player in the leage (Durant), and a top 5 PG (Westbrook). Then add in a solid bench, with offense coming from Kmart and defense coming from Collison (one of the most under-rated big men in the NBA).

Cntpuncher
    Cntpuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

As I've always said, Bryant makes the moves in LA. He demanded a PG, and he wanted Bynum out. When they thought about trading Gasol, Bryant refused.

This guy is a genius. IF he wins number 6, there is no question he is the 2nd greatest player ever to play the game.

Any of you that think this team is not going to mesh, comment here so I can shatter your arguments. Many on this site said the same things about MIA when they joined. I think we know who won those debates...

LAkers will not win the West jagoff

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

How the fk can this team be so bad.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38373

How does D'Antoni have an "intimate relationship and understanding" of Kobe Bryant?

Similar to how you have an intimidate relationship and understanding of line movement yet you have no clue what you are doing

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    How the fk can this team be so bad.
    too many reasons to list but here is a start...

3 of their top 6 guys cant play
    no bench and havent had one in years
    kobe bryant
    dwight howard
    mike dantoni
    cant win on the road
    cant win at home either I guess
    no defense

there are more but those are the obvious ones.

but wait til nash comes back he will turn it around for them....

But if he isnt back before New years this team is looking to be 14-17 with 51 games left to play. I think the 8 seed in the west will need to win at least 45 games. So they will have to go 31-20 their last 51 games IMO. Pretty tough task. Not impossible though. But when you cant win on the road and get beat by any team with a better than 500 record at home its a bad sign.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Goat how is a team that cannot play D winning?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

What amazes me in this thread is the conviction that somehow things will magically get not just better when Nash returns, but eventually to a championship level, along with the idea that just because it took the Heat time to gel, that theory automatically applies here even under completely different circumstances.

BigDofBA

What amazes me in this thread is the conviction that somehow things will magically get not just better when Nash returns, but eventually to a championship level, along with the idea that just because it took the Heat time to gel, that theory automatically applies here even under completely different circumstances.
    Exactly. Last year everyone kept thinking the Lakers were going to somehow put it together in the playoffs when it was obvious they weren't better than OKC or San Antonio.

Heck, even two years ago people thought they had a chance when they were down 0-3 to Dallas.

The Lakers are no longer an elite team. Kobe is still good but he is on the downside of his career. Same with Gasol. Howard is a baby and can't make free throws. Nash is 39.

They have problems. That aren't remotely close to being Miami. Lebron is at the top of his game and the best player in the world and Miami has a lot better supporting cast and bench. Not to mention, Miami is actually constructed around Lebron and they somewhat resemble a team.

The Lakers just brought in a bunch of pieces that don't fit.

First ... 78910111213 ... Last