lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Are you joking? You said MANY times, countless, that Spolestra would never win a ring. You want me to go find the posts? You said several times that Miami would not win when they first formed.

You and Lyon and everyone were laughing at me when they started the year .500. I don't forget things. You want me to go find your posts?

For the 47th fukking time I said that Miami would NOT win the championship the first year and they DID NOT. Yes, I admit they surpassed my expecations and went to the Finals, but they did not WIN. If you want me to say I was wrong to make you feel better than I admit I was wrong because I did not think they would even make the Finals and they did. I or nobody else would be dumb enough to think Miami was never gonna win a championship with that group. It takes time to gel and Miami did not have the best of parts the first year. The Miami team was better the second year and they are even better now.

The Lakers are garbage. No pieces off the bench and Dwight Howard 3-12 from FT line. Dwight Howard is a lot of things and most of all overrated.. Yes, he can play defense, block shots, and rebound. Has elementary offensive game. Who is gonna score for the Lakers when Kobe Bryant can't?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lyon relax I'm just making a point. I won all those threads about Miami. When people were trying to say Bulls or Celts would beat them in a 7 game series that was laughable. Miami had no bench at all. 0. No Coincidences is the type of guy that believed in "team" basketball. While that's true, you need to have a superstar on your team in today's league to win. And actually in today's league, you might need 2, or 1 and a few all-stars.

Has Nash ever averaged less than 8-9 assists per game in his careeer? We seem to be forgetting that's a minimum of 18 points...Mark nash down for another 12 ppg at least come playoff time.

Never underestimate Bryant in the playoffs. He can carry much worse teams by himself.

Goat Milk

"I would bet my entire bankroll that the Heat won't win the title, and about 3/4ths of my bankroll that they won't win the East." - No coincidences.

NO Coin,

Relax. We all get plays wrong. I have lost a few guarantees myself. But I'm not sitting here denying it like you. You're trying to act like you were a Heat supporter when they first formed. Everyone here knows you thought they would flame out. It's not a big deal. I'm not gonna quote anymore of your posts. Go take a breather and come back. Lakers will win the west. I'm sticking by that and you can continue to judge the regular season like you have for the past 3 years.

The tempo is different in the the playoffs. Teams will have trouble scoring on the Lakers in a 7 game series. and it'll be near impossible to stop them on the other end unless you're Miami and maybe Memphis.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Goat it is not impossible for the Lakers to win the West. But Bryant is getting older and how long can he hold up over course of full season and playoffs. Nash is almost AARP. Gasol, is a shell, Howard is a liability without catching lobs and blocking shots. Are we hoping MWP knocks down the 3's? Who is coming off the bench? Besides whatever Nash will provide on offense he will just give it back on the other end. Nash can't guard me. You can only switch and help so much for so long until you are burned. The NBA keeps getting more athletic and the Lakers keep getting older and slower. One of the reasons the Lakers were so successful was because of Lamar Odum coming off the bench when he could play. That was the X-factor for 3 straight Finals. No, I never underestimate Bryant that is the only reason I have not written the Lakers off completely. But he will need some players to emerge.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

"I would bet my entire bankroll that the Heat won't win the title, and about 3/4ths of my bankroll that they won't win the East." - No coincidences.
    Did they win the title that year? So I was wrong about them winning the East, but they didn't win it all like you so boldly proclamated.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Lakers will win the west. I'm sticking by that and you can continue to judge the regular season like you have for the past 3 years.
    Did you or did you not say they'd win the West and never have to go more than 5 games in a series vs. anyone? Just want to make sure we're clear here.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Did they win the title that year? So I was wrong about them winning the East, but they didn't win it all like you so boldly proclamated.
    no coin I guaranteed miami would win the east their first year or i would leave this site forever. i didn't guarantee they'd be dallas but yeah i picked them to beat dallas but knew it'd be a tough series. and i bet them for $1000 at +200 in a thread the following year to win it all which they did.

why don't you make a prediction for once and stick by it. Make a prediction right now. Who is gonna win the west. Don't give me any explanations, nothing I just want the Team. Lakers not losing more than 1 game wasn't a guarantee, it was a projection. Do you have any idea what the payout for something like that would be if I was right? Off the charts. So relax. Winning the west I guaranteed it.

Respond here with ONE word, the team.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    this was the third comment I made, but people should really read everything I have said about the lakers..for the past 3 years, they might actually learn something.
    Is this some sort of joke?? You started a thread last yr that had the Lakers going 24-42. What could anybody possibly learn from somebody clueless enough to do such a thing. You said the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs & picked 11 teams ahead of them
    The only thing that can be learned from u is that u have a selective memory.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Has Nash ever averaged less than 8-9 assists per game in his careeer? We seem to be forgetting that's a minimum of 18 points...Mark nash down for another 12 ppg at least come playoff time.
    Meanwhile, how many is he giving up defensively (where he is a ghost)?

The Lakers added a pouting baby who can't hit a FT to save his life in the paint and an old man at PG who doesn't play D and can't have the ball because Kobe's got it most of the time. Their bench is terrible. Pau is so off for D'Antoni's system that they're talking about trading him for a hobbled, washed up STAT of all people. And this team's supposed to breeze to the NBA Finals in no less than 5 games against every other team from the West?

Again, there's a big difference between defending a team that is physically there but mentally questionable like we were doing with the Heat, vs. this Laker unit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

why don't you make a prediction for once and stick by it. Make a prediction right now. Who is gonna win the west. Don't give me any explanations, nothing I just want the Team. Lakers not losing more than 1 game wasn't a guarantee, it was a projection. Do you have any idea what the payout for something like that would be if I was right? Off the charts. So relax. Winning the west I guaranteed it.

Respond here with ONE word, the team.
    Anyone other than the Lakers.

There.

Since you have guaranteed they'll win the West, I'll take the Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs, Clippers and everyone else.

Goat Milk

Anyone other than the Lakers.

There.

Since you have guaranteed they'll win the West, I'll take the Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs, Clippers and everyone else.
    This is gambling. Make a prediction and stick by it. The beauty of the Lakers is Nash won't have to guard all the elite pg's for the whole game. Artest and Bryant will guard the Westbrooks and Pauls in situations where it really matters. You're telling me Nash can't guard a guy like Willie Green or even a Matt Barnes if he has to? If you're not gonna pick one team, then I'm done with this conversation until another day.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This is gambling. Make a prediction and stick by it. The beauty of the Lakers is Nash won't have to guard all the elite pg's for the whole game. Artest and Bryant will guard the Westbrooks and Pauls in situations where it really matters. You're telling me Nash can't guard a guy like Willie Green or even a Matt Barnes if he has to? If you're not gonna pick one team, then I'm done with this conversation until another day.
    You guarantee the Lakers. So why can't I take anyone other than them?

Goat Milk

You guarantee the Lakers. So why can't I take anyone other than them?
    K. You got every other team. So you're gonna be paying huge juice. Huge. You're good with that? Is that your bet?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

K. You got every other team. So you're gonna be paying huge juice. Huge. You're good with that? Is that your bet?
    Why would I have to pay huge juice?

If the Lakers are a guarantee, you should be willing to offer me the field at + odds (in fact, big + odds). Are you saying you aren't willing to do that?

Goat Milk

Why would I have to pay huge juice?

If the Lakers are a guarantee, you should be willing to offer me the field at + odds (in fact, big + odds). Are you saying you aren't willing to do that?
    You're taking every other team to win the west. You get book odds. No special deal. Someone post the odds. It's huge juice. That's your pick. I'm happy you came out and said it. You took the whole west to win the west - the Lakers and I took the Lakers. This is gonna be epic when you lose.

Good day, sir.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MrVJP

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You're taking every other team to win the west. You get book odds. No special deal. Someone post the odds. It's huge juice. That's your pick. I'm happy you came out and said it. You took the whole west to win the west - the Lakers and I took the Lakers. This is gonna be epic when you lose.

Good day, sir.
    I don't understand this. You guarantee the Lakers will win the West. Yet you're only willing to give me book odds on the field? What kind of stupid shit is that? Do you even know what a guarantee means?

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good day, sir.
    Goat has committed and inconceivably doubled-down on the title of this thread.
    This is that "NO Retreat" policy that has doomed so many.

very well, then.. Now that we have that cemented.
    I will commit to the Thunder. Lakers have zero chance against that team with or without Harden.

OKC is 11-4 without him, and Lakers are 7-8 without Nash.
    Harden is a far larger presence today, than Nash might hope to be,
    Harden can outrun and leap higher than most players in the league.

Goat is running a "players at their peak" Fantasy League in his head.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

Coiner you were vehement about the Heat not winning a title. In fact every time they've struggled in the regular season, you've doubted their ability to win a championship.

Goat I would be careful taking any sort of future bet on LA. Between Nash's injuries, Kobe's wear and tear, and Dwight's back, you could be stuck in a scenario in which they have little to no shot. If they stay healthy, I like LA. Not coming out and making a prediction but if I had to pick a team I would take the Lakers.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

Alright Goat. What happened tonight.

I don't think much of it, Lakers do this shit all the time.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

I'm a long time Lakers fan, but how the hell are they going to take 4 out of 7 games off the Grizzlies (forget SA & OKC) in Memphis, actually I doubt they could do it in LA either?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Looks like goat shit is the delusional one

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

PG orientated system.

Duhon and Morris running the point right now

Different story if Nash is healthy down the stretch.

If he is banged up the Lakers are fukked.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Goat shit knows nothing about the NBA.

I could outcap this clown blindfolded

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Coiner you were vehement about the Heat not winning a title. In fact every time they've struggled in the regular season, you've doubted their ability to win a championship.
    I was vehement about it the first year LeBron was in South Beach.

I was more or less indifferent last season. Didn't surprise me that they won it. It's not like Goat saying Miami was going to win the title was going out on a limb or anything -- I don't know why he feels the need to make this his "calling card" pick. They were the odds-on-favorite, no?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Goat I would be careful taking any sort of future bet on LA. Between Nash's injuries, Kobe's wear and tear, and Dwight's back, you could be stuck in a scenario in which they have little to no shot. If they stay healthy, I like LA. Not coming out and making a prediction but if I had to pick a team I would take the Lakers.
    It's not just Nash's "injuries." The guy is 38 years old, and he's going to have to figure out -- as will Kobe -- how he fits into this offense given how much Kobe has the ball in his hands. They're both used to dominating ball possession; I'm not sure how either will be able to budge there, either to the point where Kobe becomes less selfish with the ball or Nash can still be effective without having it as much.

Dwight's "back"? LOL. More like Dwight's gut.

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

this lakers should will be happy if they would get the playoffs.

they are crap.

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Kobe would never sacrifice his ppg avg for the sake of the Lakers.
    He's got a legacy to maintain.
    If the Lakers success was dependent on him taking fewer shots,
    he'd just burn the whole Mother F'er to the ground.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

It's not just Nash's "injuries." The guy is 38 years old, and he's going to have to figure out -- as will Kobe -- how he fits into this offense given how much Kobe has the ball in his hands. They're both used to dominating ball possession; I'm not sure how either will be able to budge there, either to the point where Kobe becomes less selfish with the ball or Nash can still be effective without having it as much.

Dwight's "back"? LOL. More like Dwight's gut.
    This right here. Both have played the exact same role for their entire career. Nash's whole career has been as starting the possession and leading with mostly assist, much as Kobe does. It would be like putting Rajon Rondo on the same team with Nash. Theyd be butting heads.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    This right here. Both have played the exact same role for their entire career. Nash's whole career has been as starting the possession and leading with mostly assist, much as Kobe does. It would be like putting Rajon Rondo on the same team with Nash. Theyd be butting heads.
    D'antoni from from the best coach in the league but he is the perfect coach for this problem, as no other coach has such an intimate relationship and understanding of both Nash and Kobe.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    D'antoni from from the best coach in the league but he is the perfect coach for this problem, as no other coach has such an intimate relationship and understanding of both Nash and Kobe.
    How does D'Antoni have an "intimate relationship and understanding" of Kobe Bryant?

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

put your big boy pants on!

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Great players IMPROVE evry year and work on their weaknesses in the off-season.

Magic couldn`t shoot for shit when he entered the league

MJ ditto.Vast improvement in shooting, ball handling and defense year after year.

McHale. Tremendous strides in low post moves first 6 years of career.

Larry.Always tweaking something to inprove in offseason.Left hand.Tapping rebounds to teamates late in career.

The list goes on and on.....

Dwight Howard , because of his physical dominance will skate by as a next to useless offensive threat in crunch time.
    Making millions of $, and possibly never winning the big one.

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

"I won all those threads!"
    -Goat Milk

Next time try winning bets instead of threads.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Steve Blake out 6-10 weeks with stomach surgery, so that is one guy they actual had coming off the bench that deserves to be on an NBA roster. Not sure what he is 'worth' in terms of games but theyre definitely worse off without him than with him.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jones View Post
    "I won all those threads!"
    -Goat Milk

Next time try winning bets instead of threads.
    I thought I was winning nba bets this year.

First ... 6789101112 ... Last