bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    On the news break they said the baby was a 4mth old shot blank in front of its parents and they were taking him/her? for treatment in the hopes of saving him/her. Of course Opti we're here in Aus so the American guys will know more than us. If there is any goodness in this universe that baby will be ok. Even if I wasn't a parent though, I can't even fathom that. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around what's worse. Reading threads the other night of posters all excited to go see screenings of this movie thinking they could've been in the same position, a baby being shot or the Canadian girl already escaping one shooting only to be killed now.

I wish a secluded island was for sale in the betpoints Store sometimes
    I appreciate your optimism but when you shoot a baby in the face with a rifle bullet how can you say you hope hes okay? Doesnt even make sense

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Blame has to be put on the shoulders of both the US Constitution and NRA here...

Im sure ur founding fathers envisioned firearms of this caliber and power being used and abused upon one another daily...

Yeah its a cultural thing, but whats more important, culture or humanity??

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Meanwhile as I was typing this another black blew somebodys brains out for a their Nikes and another Mexican chainsawed one of their "rivals" heads off and threw it in the street
    As did whitey but the media will never report it this way...

Dont fall for the hype broker...

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

interesting considering black commit 85% of crimes in this country

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

When I heard about this I assumed he was white as well. I think it has more to do with the location than anything else. If I heard the incident was in Detroit or Washington D.C. I would have assumed the shooter was black.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I'm not even going to get into how inaccurate or blatantly untrue I think this is, but it's very interesting how people can have the same input but wildly different perceptions and interpretations.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

media portrayal of all crimes is way up, when by and large it is going down or at least way way less than what it used to be...

here in chicago we have had a pretty big increase in murders and shootings, while other crime is going down. Mostly its black on black or hispanic on hispanic drug turf war stuff. sometimes we get stuff on the news about considering bringing in the national gaurd and stuff.

but really crime has for the most part gone down since the early 90's here in chicago and many other large cities...

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

When it comes to gun control, we as a society have to accept that guns will forever be around. Even if there were laws put in place years ago to stop the sell of guns legally, there will always be guns sold illegally. This punk that commited the shooting would have gotten guns legally or illegally if he truly wanted to commit this act. It's not the NRA's fault, it's not the goverments fault, it's not the parents fault.... there will always be some whacko that takes things to extreme.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Some people are really messed up... has nothing to do w/ gun control. He would've found a way to get them regardless. It's scaru tp think of how messed up people can be.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    interesting considering black commit 85% of crimes in this country
    They actually represent 52% of prison population and 12-13% of the total population.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave Deuce 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by dom75 View Post
    When it comes to gun control, we as a society have to accept that guns will forever be around. Even if there were laws put in place years ago to stop the sell of guns legally, there will always be guns sold illegally. This punk that commited the shooting would have gotten guns legally or illegally if he truly wanted to commit this act. It's not the NRA's fault, it's not the goverments fault, it's not the parents fault.... there will always be some whacko that takes things to extreme.
    So don't have any laws because there's nothing we can do about it anyway? IMO doesn't mean you can't have reasonable gun laws. Just like drugs are going to be forever around, but most think there should be some reasonable drug laws.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So don't have any laws because there's nothing we can do about it anyway? IMO doesn't mean you can't have reasonable gun laws. Just like drugs are going to be forever around, but most think there should be some reasonable drug laws.
    There are gone laws. Many gun laws.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Blame has to be put on the shoulders of both the US Constitution and NRA here...

Im sure ur founding fathers envisioned firearms of this caliber and power being used and abused upon one another daily...

Get out of here with that nonsense. Blame falls 100% on the shooter, no exceptions. If he wanted to kill people and had no access to guns, he would've used explosives like he rigged his apartment with, or fire, or any other number of things, all of which can't be "done away with". Bad people will do bad things, and banning an object won't change that.

I fully support more background checks before allowing someone to buy a gun, for the record. We shouldn't give guns to everyone who wants one.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's up with the six month old being in a theather? Or was that disproved? So stupid.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Get out of here with that nonsense. Blame falls 100% on the shooter, no exceptions. If he wanted to kill people and had no access to guns, he would've used explosives like he rigged his apartment with, or fire, or any other number of things, all of which can't be "done away with". Bad people will do bad things, and banning an object won't change that.

I fully support more background checks before allowing someone to buy a gun, for the record. We shouldn't give guns to everyone who wants one.
    Everything is easier done with guns plus more personal which he probably enjoyed.

The blame is on society/environment/media/drugs/parents/teachers.

He was never born to do this.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There are gone laws. Many gun laws.
    Don't be so naive.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Don't be so naive.
    I will be getting a gun in Chicago once I get settled. From my understanding, there are 5-6 things I have to do to get a gun in Chicago and it'll take me 2-3 months at least.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

coming from a guy who's country's founding fathers were ruthless criminals.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Everything is easier done with guns plus more personal which he probably enjoyed.

The blame is on society/environment/media/drugs/parents/teachers.

He was never born to do this.
    So you don't believe in personal responsibility?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

A lot of stupid excuse making in this thread, boys.

I'd love to hear any of this nonsense if you lost someone in that theatre that night.
    Last edited by keyboarding; 07-22-12 at 12:49 PM.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

I will be getting a gun in Chicago once I get settled. From my understanding, there are 5-6 things I have to do to get a gun in Chicago and it'll take me 2-3 months at least.
    Suicide is not the answer kerry

Kerry we are you for you

Kerry your family loves you everything will be ok

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns – even a 50-caliber weapon so powerful it could take down a helicopter.

Remember, at gun stores, background checks are required, but online – nothing. Believe it or not, in most states it’s completely legal.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/463164.../#.UAw7eqCfiHA

An older article, not sure if it's still valid.

Details are sketchy, but there are reports that a couple of months ago he decided to abandon his studies. At the same time he went about buying the four weapons, three of which he may have used to shoot the 70 innocent victims. All weapons have been reported to have been purchased legally.
    http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ot-controlled/

You might have to wait a few months but it isn't going to stop you from buying four fukking rifles. Who the fukk needs to buy four fukking rifles at the same time? Do you really need to protect your home/property with this:

PickWinnerAllDay

So what are you going to do? Monitor the gun purchases of people who undergo serious life changes like quitting school?

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Look at this freaking coward of a father. Now, I stated this earlier. Who takes a 4 month old to a blasted movie at midnight? Also a 4 year old?

Anyway, this POS bolts on his kids and girlfriend because he "lost track of his son" the 4 month old. I'm sorry, but you are not a man.

To be clear, no one deserved to by in this situation.

Couple gets engaged after surviving Colorado massacre
    Boyfriend pops question at hosp
    By PEDRO OLIVEIRA JR.
    Last Updated: 6:17 AM, July 22, 2012
    Posted: 11:25 PM, July 21, 2012
    Tweet
    Share on emailShare on facebookMore Sharing ServicesMore Print
    For 10 excruciating minutes, Jamie Rohrs did not know if his girlfriend and their two children were alive or dead.
    When they were finally reunited, his next move was crystal clear.
    “He just looked at me and he said, ‘I know this is not the time and place, but will you marry me?’ ” his girlfriend, Patricia Legaretta, 25, told CNN.
    “And I said, ‘Yes.’ ”
    Rohrs, 25, first considered watching the premiere of “The Dark Knight Rises” from the front row of the suburban Aurora, Colo., multiplex, but he changed his mind and settled toward the back with Legaretta, her daughter, Azariah, 4, and the couple’s son, Ethan, 4 months.

PHOTOS: AP
    GLAD TO BE ALIVE: Patricia Legaretta, Jamie Rohrs and son Ethan (above) narrowly escaped death at the Aurora movie theater massacre Friday morning.

AP

Fifteen minutes into the movie, cops say, madman James Eagan Holmes, 24, opened fire from the theater’s front entrance — and Rohrs’ life turned upside down.
    He lost track of his infant son in the chaos that erupted but managed to get himself out. And for what seemed like an eternity, he thought his entire family had been murdered by the deranged shooter.
    “My son’s still in there,” he told ABC News. “My girlfriend is still in there. I’m out here. Who leaves their child there?”
    He said he was worried that if he went back inside and was killed, that his kids could become “orphans with no parents.”
    “I’m going to call 911 and trying to call Patricia and it’s just ringing, and every time it rings I’m like, ‘They’re dead, they’re dead, your whole family is dead,’ ” he told CNN.
    Inside, Legaretta tried desperately to shield her daughter from the bullets flying everywhere. Then she saw the sliver of an opportunity.
    “There was a moment where the shooting stopped and I saw people running, and at that moment I just grabbed the baby and I just grabbed my daughter and got her out as fast as I could,” Legaretta said.
    “I was just thinking we’ve just got to get out. I just got to get out the doors and if I just fall dead, just get my kid out of here.”
    But Legaretta, who suffered a minor shrapnel injury to her leg, was struggling.
    That’s when another survivor, Jarell Brooks, 19, saw the frightened mother and didn’t think twice about what to do next.
    “I made sure they got in the aisle and pushed behind her to make sure she got out of there,” the young hero — who was shot in the leg in the process — told ABC News.
    Meanwhile Rohrs experienced the longest 10 minutes of his life.
    “I couldn’t think,” he said. “I got a phone call from a Colorado number and I answered it and thank God it was Patricia.”
    He popped the question once the couple was reunited at the hospital. “I’m ecstatic, extremely excited, but at the same time, you have this tragedy, this sadness hanging over,” Patricia Legaretta told “Good Morning America.”
    pedro.oliveira@nypost.com
    We recommend

'Dark Knight Rises' massacre suspect James Holmes looked for kinky sex partners on AdultFriendFinder.com (National News)
    NY woman killed as tire blows out on Thruway (Local News)
    Katie Holmes made cunning escape after discovering secret Scientology indoctrination for Suri (National News)
    Five dead, three injured after SUV flipped over and burst into flames in Queens (Local News)
    Best for Yanks to target D’backs star in offseason, rather than on deadline (Sports)
    President's 'Bain' there, too: Obama supporters also led bad private-equity deals (Business)
    From around the web

New Demi Moore Photos (StyleBistro)
    Psoriatic Arthritis: A Solution Might be Near (Chicago Tribune)
    These 4 Things Happen Right Before a Heart Attack (Newsmax.com)
    5 Worst Mistakes Women Make in Bed (MyDailyMoment)
    Gender Benders: 15 Actors Who Play Gay But Really Are Straight or Vice Versa (Are Their Roles Believable?) (Styleblazer)
    The Most-Spoiled Children in the U.S. Live in… (Women&Co.)
    [what's this]

Comments

Get NEW YORK POST Emails & Alerts

By clicking ‘SIGN-UP’ you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy
    Today in Pictures

More in Photos
    Click on Each Photo
    Video

More in Videos
    News Gossip Sports Weird Entertainment

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz21NNTHqfu

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

So what are you going to do? Monitor the gun purchases of people who undergo serious life changes like quitting school?
    You can't stop everything, I know that but you're being pretty fukking retarded here, pal. Two simple measures should be put into place immediately:

1. Limit the number of firearms purchased at one time.

2. Limit the type of firearms purchased to the category they are being used for.

A mother of 4 in Suburbia doesn't need a semi-automatic rifle for home protection just like a college student doesn't need 4 firearms at the same time. There should be checks and balances for these purchases.

The right to carry should have greater limitations than just waiting periods.

PickWinnerAllDay

You can't stop everything, I know that but you're being pretty fukking retarded here, pal. Two simple measures should be put into place immediately:

2. Limit the type of firearms purchased to the category they are being used for.

A mother of 4 in Suburbia doesn't need a semi-automatic rifle for home protection just like a college student doesn't need 4 firearms at the same time. There should be checks and balances for these purchases.

Lots of people collect guns buddy. Limiting the amount of guns you can have is just not going to happen.

SnickerDoodles
    SnickerDoodles's Avatar Become A Pro!

look at lil waynes still my homies music video that came out about 3 days before the shooting. they are in a movie theater with 12 skeletons in the seat at about 3:40. sick stuff.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Lots of people collect guns buddy. Limiting the amount of guns you can have is just not going to happen.
    Then make ammunition sales more stringent if you're going with the "gun collector" excuse. Or, like Chris Rock says, make bullets cost $5000 each. Let's see how many shooting sprees and collateral damage we see then.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Then make ammunition sales more stringent if you're going with the "gun collector" excuse. Or, like Chris Rock says, make bullets cost $5000 each. Let's see how many shooting sprees and collateral damage we see then.
    Sounds good to me, I'd be sitting on 30 million dollars worth of ammo!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerDoodles View Post
    look at lil waynes still my homies music video that came out about 3 days before the shooting. they are in a movie theater with 12 skeletons in the seat at about 3:40. sick stuff.
    holmes knew about this release and planned around it too for the cryptic irony factor

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

You keep saying the guns were purchased at the same time. That is a lie. He bought each gun in a different shop/store. On different days. I guess everyone should have the right to buy just ONE gun for life.

Sounds like a great idea to keep everyone that passes the basic checks from buying guns (which is a RIGHT) because one disturbed individual went off the deep end. Fact is, nobody could have prevented this. Youre reaching if you think gun access is the problem here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    media portrayal of all crimes is way up, when by and large it is going down or at least way way less than what it used to be...
    Welcome to the 24/7 TV news cycle, which helped kill politics and basically everything else in this country.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

The gun control vultures, who don't even wait until the bodies are cold to push their agenda, are predictably out in force. Many of them right here in this thread, a good percentage of which don't even live in this country. Pathetic.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    You keep saying the guns were purchased at the same time. That is a lie. He bought each gun in a different shop/store. On different days. I guess everyone should have the right to buy just ONE gun for life.
    And there's no online record that would have shown that? You don't think that a guy buying four different weapons from four different places is kind of fukked up?

Some of you guys defending how he went about purchasing these weapons seriously need to get your hamburger heads out of your hamburger asses.

God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    The gun control vultures, who don't even wait until the bodies are cold to push their agenda, are predictably out in force. Many of them right here in this thread, a good percentage of which don't even live in this country. Pathetic.
    With all the gun-related violence in your country I can't believe they ever stop pushing.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

With all the gun-related violence in your country I can't believe they ever stop pushing.
    Maybe we should ban guns and create another black market niche. It will be good for corporate prisons, as well as the forprofit justice system. Like the drug war and alcohol prohibition of the 30's it won't work, and in the long run create more violence than it prevents. I mean, guns are illegal in Chicago, have you looked at the murder rate in Chicago this year? Maybe you should.

First ... 1011121314 Last