WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I'm not against people having guns, I'm against the wrong people having guns. You shouldn't be able to go to a gun show and be able to buy one without a background check. That's a big loophole.
    Agreed 1000000%. The conceal carry permit should be more difficult too. I started carrying because I was the victim of a robbery and was stabbed. I got my CC permit less than a month later. Literally, as long as my 150 check didn't bounce, I was given the permit. That in itself should be criminal.

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    @Emily
    You seriously think Obama can eliminate the second amendment while taking down the most powerful lobby group doing so?
    No man, or even group has that kind of power.

Comparing the second amendment to a health care bill is comparing apples to oranges.

But thanks for playing.
    All these crazy fuks carrying guns..... how does that ensure the "security of a free state"?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Impossible to stop this no matter what

Impossible to stop any of these nut jobs no laws will ever stop them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frogsrangers

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32441

@TC
    All those crazy fuks would carry guns regardless of gun laws.
    I have the right to defend myself, at home, with a legal gun, as long as I followed the law getting my gun and permit.
    Take that right away from me, I'll get a gun illegally to keep at home, to defend my possessions and wife with.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Same dumbasses that anti gun are anti death penalty and would let murderers like this live.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

If everyone in the theatre had a gun there would probably be only one person left alive after the chaos....

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

reminds me of the northern illinois shooting

The Northern Illinois University shooting was a school shooting that took place on February 14, 2008, during which Steven Kazmierczak shot multiple people on the campus of Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois, United States, killing five and injuring twenty-one, before committing suicide.
    The incident happened at the campus's Cole Hall at approximately 3:05 p.m. local time.[3] The school placed the campus on lockdown; students and teachers were advised to head to a secure location, take cover, and avoid the scene and all buildings in the vicinity of the area.[4] Six people died in the incident, including the perpetrator, making it the fifth-deadliest university shooting in United States history, after the Virginia Tech massacre, the University of Texas Clock Tower shooting, the California State University, Fullerton massacre and the Oikos University massacre.[5][6]

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Same dumbasses that anti gun are anti death penalty and would let murderers like this live.
    Because those aforementioned dumb asses think capital punishment is cruel and unusual.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/aurora...9#.UAlurqDvzz8

Geez man, this whole chaos reminds me of the movie Rampage. This is sad....

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Whoa, The Aurora police said he rigged his apartment with sophisticated incendary devices. They could be there for a few hours to a few days trying to defuse them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Unfortunately, this shit it just going to happen sometimes. Really sad and disturbing.

Combine it with how desensitized a lot of people are these days from sophisticated movies, video games, media coverage, etc., though, and you're just going to get more extreme and ugly results.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Unfortunately, this shit it just going to happen sometimes. Really sad and disturbing.

Combine it with how desensitized a lot of people are these days from sophisticated movies, video games, media coverage, etc., though, and you're just going to get more extreme and ugly results.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/aurora...9#.UAlurqDvzz8

Geez man, this whole chaos reminds me of the movie Rampage. This is sad....

Case in point....

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Shooter was fully armored with a bullet proof vest, just like the movie. This is unreal.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Impossible to stop this no matter what

Impossible to stop any of these nut jobs no laws will ever stop them
    jjgold injects some sense into this thread

Something tells me that even though guns were not permitted at this movie theatre, the killer didn't give a shit

Something tells me that if there were tighter gun control laws, this guy wouldn't have given a shit and still obtained the weapons in some way, such as the black market and still gone on the rampage

The guy at Virginia Tech. Guns were banned at Virginia Tech. Do you think he gave a flying fuk? No

Gun control would not stop this. People hellbent on killing will not be detered by silly laws. If someone is crazy enough to go on a shooting rampage, they could care less about the law.

Gun control only hurts law abiding gun owners and citizens. But criminals are not affected. Lawless people will be lawless. They do not care about the law.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

stevenash

Gun control is not the answer.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Also its pathetic that ABC News, George Stephanopholus and Brain Ross are already pointing fingers and blaming the tea party here, saying that the shooter was in the Colorado Tea Party.

It hasn't even been 12 fuking hours and this pathetic "news" outlet ABC News is already trying to push a political agenda.

Turns out they googled the name Jim Holmes and found the guy is linked with the tea party, but they got the name wrong, his name is JAMES HOLMES.

Dumbasses. ABC News should be ashamed, and issue a public policy. Jim Holmes should sue the fuk out of ABC News for this blantant display of bias and irresponsibility trying to jump to a political conclusion. And Stephanopholus and Ross should be fired. But fat chance. They will be applauded for the false connection, just like every other nutjob in the past who the left falsely accuses of being a tea partier, conservative, motivated by talk radio, etc.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Man, if your name is James Holmes, I feel sorry for your facebook page

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Also its pathetic that ABC News, George Stephanopholus and Brain Ross are already pointing fingers and blaming the tea party here, saying that the shooter was in the Colorado Tea Party.

It hasn't even been 12 fuking hours and this pathetic "news" outlet ABC News is already trying to push a political agenda.

Turns out they googled the name Jim Holmes and found the guy is linked with the tea party, but they got the name wrong, his name is JAMES HOLMES.

Dumbasses. ABC News should be ashamed, and issue a public policy. Jim Holmes should sue the fuk out of ABC News for this blantant display of bias and irresponsibility trying to jump to a political conclusion. And Stephanopholus and Ross should be fired. But fat chance. They will be applauded for the false connection, just like every other nutjob in the past who the left falsely accuses of being a tea partier, conservative, motivated by talk radio, etc.

Like Obama, the mainstream media is dangerous.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this guy had been non-white, this thread would look very different. It'd be 90% off day at the SBR klan rally.

Instead of it becoming an NRA PR statement like it is, it'd be a discussion of how this persons racial culture breeds "animals" and how it's acceptable in "their" world.

A cross cultural embracing of violence (games/movies/tv/news) plus easy access to guns. Add into it some mental illness, and this is the by-product. It's horrific and my heart breaks for those people affected.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences, LVHerbie, and MatI

muldoon

Is Brietbart mainstream? Because they're trying to draw the parallel to the dude being a registered dem (according to drudge)

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    A cross cultural embracing of violence (games/movies/tv/news) plus easy access to guns. Add into it some mental illness, and this is the by-product. It's horrific and my heart breaks for those people affected.

Excellent statement.
    Do not lose sight of the fact, guns are just as easy to obtain legally or illegally. Just like booze was in the 20's

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

One of the victims was a girl named Jessica Redfield who I follow on twitter. RIP

She was in the mall in Toronto last month at the time the shooting took place.

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Mainstream media nothing but a bunch of liberal Jew prikks.

It's disrespectful to try and pin this on anything besides some sick fukk looking to be popular for the first time in his pathetic life.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Mainstream media nothing but a bunch of liberal Jew prikks.
    Remember this the next time Opie the SBR paid mod claims he only uses racial stereotypes to get a rise out of people...and how he's friends with everyone from every culture.

A little bird tells me a popular sports magazine is writing a sports gambling (football) article for this fall and citing SBR. The same bird also tells me that they're astounded at the rampant racism found (and obviously endorsed) by management.

stevenash

Is Brietbart mainstream? Because they're trying to draw the parallel to the dude being a registered dem (according to drudge)
    Briebert is fringe, not main stream.
    Matt Drudge Report is nothing more than a news aggregation website.
    All Drudge does is provides links to dozens of main stream media outlets.
    I don't know why people get their panties in a wad over Drudge, he links CNN, ABC, all the left sites.
    He also links the right leaning sites too.
    And the fringe sites.

muldoon

Briebert is fringe, not main stream.
    Matt Drudge Report is nothing more than a news aggregation website.
    All Drudge does is provides links to dozens of main stream media outlets.
    I don't know why people get their panties in a wad over Drudge, he links CNN, ABC, all the left sites.
    He also links the right leaning sites too.
    And the fringe sites.
    I mentioned Drudge only because I went there to see how he was aggregating - nothing more. He had the link to Brietbart and how they're already trying to go for the political angle (as well as ABC)

My point was, Brietbart might be fringe, but they're no better than the bigger whores/ghouls.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

There is one common theme among all these shooters whether it be Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, etc. That common theme is mental illness.

A majority of the time it's schizophrenia where the person hears voice and does what they are told.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave QuantumLeap 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

The race thing is weird, as soon as I heard it was a shooting for no reason at all i assumed he was white. Not sure what it is with other white people, but we seem to do things for no apparent or for very odd reasons like jesus told me or my dog was talking to me or some stupid shit. Most minority shootings are drug,crime or gang related. Reading the girls twitter account above is spooky. Its really sad. I had a friend from israel once tell me the difference between our countries is that stores check our bags when we go in and they check yours when you leave. Well, I think its getting to a time where that will start changing.

stevenash

I mentioned Drudge only because I went there to see how he was aggregating - nothing more. He had the link to Brietbart and how they're already trying to go for the political angle (as well as ABC)

My point was, Brietbart might be fringe, but they're no better than the bigger whores/ghouls.
    I love Drudge, I read his book 10 years ago, one of the quickest reads ever, but I digress.
    I visit Drudge's site daily, he's fair, maybe a little top heavy on the right side, but he distributes his links fairly.

Andy Breitbart is Matt Drudge's bitch.
    When Drudge made the scene in mid 90's, nobody was doing what Drudge was doing. Breitbart thought what Drudge was doing was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Breitbart became editor for the Drudge Report in the early days, doesn't mean the two see eye to eye politically, they don't, Breitbart leans way right, where Drudge is more of a populist than a conservative.

Drudge later introduced Breitbart to Arianna Huffington, Breibert helped develop her website, and was one of her main researchers.

Brock Landers

Reminds me a little of this

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

If this guy had been non-white, this thread would look very different. It'd be 90% off day at the SBR klan rally.

Instead of it becoming an NRA PR statement like it is, it'd be a discussion of how this persons racial culture breeds "animals" and how it's acceptable in "their" world.

A bunch if hypocrites.

It's obamas fault.

Brock Landers

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

A bunch if hypocrites.

It's obamas fault.

Mayan.........do you receive google alerts when the words "white", "mexican", and "obama" are posted at SBR?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Holmes, suspect in the shooting massacre at the Dark Knight Rises midnight premiere in Aurora, Colorado, is reportedly a former Ph.D. student in neuroscience at the University of Colorado who withdrew from school last month. Holmes is 24 years old and reportedly white. He lived in Aurora but is formerly from San Diego.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Man, if your name is James Holmes, I feel sorry for your facebook page

There is a black dude from Aurora called James Holmes as well!...
    http://www.facebook.com/james.holmes.5437

First 123456 ... Last