jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I challenge you to show me the last time LeBron succeeded under these circumstances?? Let me save you the time & tell you that it was vs Orlando in the 09 playoffs. LeBron 0 for his last 19 with his team tied or down 1-2-3 with under 7 seconds to play.....Show me otherwise...

Nice comment, you'd rather have the ball in the hands of the guy that is 0-19
    u r correct, 09 vs the magic was lebrons last game winner
    kobes last one was 08 vs spurs, but it doesnt count since its over 7 seconds
    so its 06 vs suns for kobes last game winner within ur special criteria ...........

i guess u proved ur point, kobe hasnt hit a game winner in a long time

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    so its 06 vs suns for kobes last game winner within ur special criteria ...........

That was in the playoffs, what I posted...Since the playoffs or I guess finals are the only thing Kobe fans fall back on.

Kobe had to of hit 1 this year during the regular season...The guy probably played 30 close games, so he had 30 opportunities, while the Heat probably only had 5-10 last second shots, and lebron probably passed to someone else because he was too scared.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    But we all know basketball is more than scoring 35 pts a game.

Lebron made every player on that Cavs team better, by getting them open shots. Kobe would demand a double team, but he's not half the passer that Lebron is, and he'd probably just toss up a jump shot rather than pass the ball to daniel gibson for a wide open jumper (which Lebron would do) Like someone said above, when Kobe averaged 35 a game he was getting double and triple teamed, if that's the case, why in the world didn't he average 8+ assists? Because he doesn't like passing, he'd rather shoot the ball every time.

But of course, Kobe would of made the Cavs better if they had him and Lebron wasn't there. Kobe does make teams better than a no Kobe team. But the Cavs with Lebron and Cavs with Kobe, it'd be fun to see which team did better, and of course my vote would be with Lebron, since he's just a different player and better all around player in my opinion.

Throw Lebron on the Lakers with Bynum/Gasol and 2 mediocre role players, it'd be tough to bet against them winning it all.
    Because the year he averaged 36 was when Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and luke Walton were in the starting lineup LOL. As Kwame once notably said, "Kobe if I'm open, don't pass me the ball. They'll foul me and I won't make the free throws"

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Because the year he averaged 36 was when Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and luke Walton were in the starting lineup LOL. As Kwame once notably said, "Kobe if I'm open, don't pass me the ball. They'll foul me and I won't make the free throws"

Doesn't fukkin surprise me. That's too funny.

Goat Milk

Then why in a recent survey conducted by sports illustrated---note that they did this survey twice--the most recent one asked 166 CURRENT NBA PLAYERS i believe, who do you want taking the last second shot on your team? I think it was 75% to Bryant, and next was Durant with 8%.

Not even close. They did the survey a couple years before that and Bryant won again in a landslide--in the 70%s and I think Wade and Billups were 2nd and 3rd.

The stats may show otherwise but players still know who's the clutch king. I may be wrong on the exact percentage as i read this awhile back but someone will look it up and post it.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Then why in a recent survey conducted by sports illustrated---note that they did this survey twice--the most recent one asked 166 CURRENT NBA PLAYERS i believe, who do you want taking the last second shot on your team? I think it was 75% to Bryant, and next was Durant with 8%.

Not even close. They did the survey a couple years before that and Bryant won again in a landslide--in the 70%s and I think Wade and Billups were 2nd and 3rd.

The stats may show otherwise but players still know who's the clutch king. I may be wrong on the exact percentage as i read this awhile back but someone will look it up and post it.

Bryant is talked about the most, because he takes the most shots...Yes you'd think he's damn good at it too, until you look at the stats. If I didn't know the statistics on it, I'd hands down say Kobe, since it's always splattered all over ESPN when it happens....But then you look at the stats and see he's probably not in the top 10 percentage wise.

They probably want the ball in his hands, because he demands the ball and is not afraid to take the last second shot, no matter how poorly or good he's shooting.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Upscope...Good article with accurate stats.

http://chasing23.com/kobe-bryant-vs-...winning-shots/
    I challenge u just as I have every person on this board for two yrs running now. Please show me the last time LeBron Games made a shot w/ under 7 seconds to play & his team either tied or trailing by 1-2-3 & that shot resulted in his team winning the game?? Because I can definitively show you 19 cases where he failed under the above criteria since his last make in the 09 playoffs vs Orlando.

The chart you provided is for playoffs only.....LeBron James is 0 for his last 19

upscope

Kobe hit 5 buzzer beating game winning shots during the Lakers last Championship season 2 yrs ago. Prove me otherwise, go ahead I challenge you??

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I challenge u just as I have every person on this board for two yrs running now. Please show me the last time LeBron Games made a shot w/ under 7 seconds to play & his team either tied or trailing by 1-2-3 & that shot resulted in his team winning the game?? Because I can definitively show you 19 cases where he failed under the above criteria since his last make in the 09 playoffs vs Orlando.

The chart you provided is for playoffs only.....LeBron James is 0 for his last 19

Hey buddy, I just stated it was a good article. I couldn't tell ya the last time LeBron hit a game winner as those arent the stats that make a player great.

upscope

Bryant is talked about the most, because he takes the most shots...Yes you'd think he's damn good at it too, until you look at the stats. If I didn't know the statistics on it, I'd hands down say Kobe, since it's always splattered all over ESPN when it happens....But then you look at the stats and see he's probably not in the top 10 percentage wise.

They probably want the ball in his hands, because he demands the ball and is not afraid to take the last second shot, no matter how poorly or good he's shooting.
    Not only this but he also takes more difficult shots & when he actually does make one the level of difficulty of it adds to the so called "clutch" factor. Kobe has struggled in the clutch over the last 2 yrs but LeBron has done more than struggle.....he has been downright embarrassing in the clutch for 3 yrs running now.

upscope

Hey buddy, I just stated it was a good article. I couldn't tell ya the last time LeBron hit a game winner as those arent the stats that make a player great.
    Oh no, I hear ya & I agree it's an interesting article but I keep hearing about LeBron being more clutch (I know u weren't saying that) & i'm still waiting for somebody to show me his last game winner cause I have 19 other cases that show failure since then.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Oh no, I hear ya & I agree it's an interesting article but I keep hearing about LeBron being more clutch (I know u weren't saying that) & i'm still waiting for somebody to show me his last game winner cause I have 19 other cases that show failure since then.
    Lebron is far from clutch...Yes the stats say Lebron has a better percentage than Kobe...But let's be honest Kobe is known as the more clutch player, and the only possible argument is the stats...But I'd still rather have Kobe shoot over Lebron.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

all that SI survey shows is people suffer from bad judgement and suffer from confirmation bias. that is only proving the faulty of human judgment. it is called the appeal to popularity logical fallacy. just because people think it is true doesn't make it true. it is not good evidence to show the true value of a player in so called clutch time.

i don't no what the definition you guys are using as clutch, but the sample size of each player probably isn't even large enough to draw respectable conclusions if you are using end of game situations.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Haha gotta love Kobe

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Lebron James isnt close to Kobe yet. I wanna see two more finals apppearances and two more rings before he is compared to Kobe.

Shaq has a better career than Lebron so far.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Lebron James isnt close to Kobe yet. I wanna see two more finals apppearances and two more rings before he is compared to Kobe.

Shaq has a better career than Lebron so far.
    no1 talking about careers. obviously kobe has a more distinguished career than lebron
    kobe is near the end and lebron is in the middle of his
    lebron is the best player in the nba rite now, i dont think that shud even be a dispute anymore

daonlyplaya
    daonlyplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

When it's all said and done, lebron will be a greater legend than kobe, and that's even if lebron has less rings than kobe

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

and neither is yet fit to even shine MJs shoes ...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    and neither is yet fit to even shine MJs shoes ...
    MJ already said many times Bryant is the only player that compares to him. Not Magic, not Bird, not Lebron. He said only Bryant.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Indeed ... but Bryant has not as of yet achieved nearly as much

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

the never ending debate

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

MJ already said many times Bryant is the only player that compares to him. Not Magic, not Bird, not Lebron. He said only Bryant.
    just shows how stupid mj is

shit GM and the guy can't recognize real talent if it hit him upside the head

no wonder the bobcats are garbage

lebron, bird and magic are infinitely better than kobe

hell now there is even mathematical proof by an economic professor

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Not many people have taken Kobe's side in this statement but I like it.
    Too many of these NBA players have become butt-buddies....You NEVER saw Jordan do the homo things Lebron does trying to go out of his way to be liked all the time.....Lebron is a human gag-machine on half the Nba's scrotums. And that's why he has one measly ring that he had to scam out and strategically achieve.
    Jordan wasnt there to make friends. He was there to win. He was there to shit-talk and hammer everyone and make them hate him. AND he was still admired as THE BEST player in NBA history.
    Kobe was just Jordan Jr. here. He basically said what Jordan would have said in this spot.
    Durant got beat by Lebron. Durant is #2 all over. He should be furious, he should be mad, he should be motivated, he should be Lebron's enemy. He should be gettin in that ass in practice just like Kobe said.
    This isn't fairy ball its the mother fkn NBA. Rick Mahorn, Lambeer, Barkley, they all laugh at these women they have representing the league. They are embarassed by them and how they act. There are no more rivalries PERIOD.
    This is why Kobe's jabs have justification.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Not many people have taken Kobe's side in this statement but I like it.
    Too many of these NBA players have become butt-buddies....You NEVER saw Jordan do the homo things Lebron does trying to go out of his way to be liked all the time.....Lebron is a human gag-machine on half the Nba's scrotums. And that's why he has one measly ring that he had to scam out and strategically achieve.
    Jordan wasnt there to make friends. He was there to win. He was there to shit-talk and hammer everyone and make them hate him. AND he was still admired as THE BEST player in NBA history.
    Kobe was just Jordan Jr. here. He basically said what Jordan would have said in this spot.
    Durant got beat by Lebron. Durant is #2 all over. He should be furious, he should be mad, he should be motivated, he should be Lebron's enemy. He should be gettin in that ass in practice just like Kobe said.
    This isn't fairy ball its the mother fkn NBA. Rick Mahorn, Lambeer, Barkley, they all laugh at these women they have representing the league. They are embarassed by them and how they act. There are no more rivalries PERIOD.
    This is why Kobe's jabs have justification.
    so who should kobe be destroying on team OKC?
    i mean, he did get his ass beat by them and hes got all 3 of them everyday in practice

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

so who should kobe be destroying on team OKC?
    i mean, he did get his ass beat by them and hes got all 3 of them everyday in practice
    Kobe is past his prime though, Durant has barely touched his. That was Kobe's point as well. That's what makes his comments so acceptable.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

They are acceptable because he's old as fuk and played a billion seasons and had a bunch of rings. In 10 years when Lebron has like 5 to 8 rings people he can get away with saying the same shit.

First ... 2345