probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva vs Sonnen. Does this make any sense?

What about this one: bet silva -160 and sonnen split decision +1325 to cover. Lets say 160 on silva and sonnen 12 to cover losses. I see silva winning inside or losing by decision. Sonnen couldn't finish, not even to Bisping, I cant see him finishing silva. But if silva take the lead he will probably finish him, Silva is lethal unless sonnen dry hump him on the groung all the fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

If Sonnen dry humps all fight like u say then he'll probably win a unam decision brah

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

That's a win-win bet.

As in you win if Anderson finishes Chael & the book wins if anything else happens...

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    If Sonnen dry humps all fight like u say then he'll probably win a unam decision brah
    Yes, that's why I would place 12 dollars with a line in +1325 in sonnen winning by decision. In that case would be a push. If silva finish him then i win 88. Risking 172. It still sucks, right?

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    That's a win-win bet.

As in you win if Anderson finishes Chael & the book wins if anything else happens...
    No, if sonnen win by decision is a push.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    Yes, that's why I would place 12 dollars with a line in +1325 in sonnen winning by decision. In that case would be a push. If silva finish him then i win 88. Risking 172. It still sucks, right?

i think you should research split vs. unanimous decision.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PunisherIND 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Educ8d Degener8 gave PunisherIND 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DublinMeUp
    DublinMeUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

In order of risk,

Take Silva itd (160 @ 1.56) and hedge with Sonnen by decision (48.2 @ 4.32) for +$41 / -$0
    Or
    Take Silva itd (160 @ 1.56) and hedge with Sonnen by unanimous decision (38.6 @ 5.15) for +$51 / -$0
    Or
    Take Silva itd (160 @ 1.56) and hedge with Sonnen by split/maj decision (12.08 @ 14.25) for +$77.5 / -$0

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

This actually sounds like a smart bet as long as you take sonnen 'by decision' and forget split/unanimous.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    i think you should research split vs. unanimous decision.
    Silva vs Sonnen. Does this make any sense?
    Let me answer my self: No fukking sense, idiot. Thank you. Love you guys.

probettor1

Any way losing money to silva, jon jones, gsp and jose aldo is well spent money.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

If the fight goes to the distance, it means that Sonnen was able to TD Anderson and probably will get the decision. You can bet Anderson + Sonnen by decision, but in the first fight, Sonnen was very close to tko Anderson. I am not sure if it was a good ideia. I think its better to bet Sonnen + Anderson by tko/ko. I really think Sonnen will be very well prepared to defend submissions.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

no way sonnen wins, this is gonna look like the rematch when roy jones knocked that dude out that he got DQd by in the first fight

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmillion View Post
    no way sonnen wins, this is gonna look like the rematch when roy jones knocked that dude out that he got DQd by in the first fight

freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

silva first round knock out

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

What round is anderson finishing chael?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmillion View Post
    I forgot this is mma we are talking about. Remember how the Canucks dominated the Kings in the regular season then got demolished in the playoffs?

*Note, my hockey claim is probably not true, it's just irrelevant comparing different sports.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

3rd!

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    3rd!
    At least we know who Vaughany is on....fade away

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I have round 1.
    V is probably playing the over 2.5 and Anderson itd

I think Anderson koes him early. The few moments they were standing in the first fight Anderson rocked him in round 3. Now a healthy spider and a leg bent tdd will be more prepared and have more power in his punches.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    At least we know who Vaughany is on....fade away
    please do

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

No play from me. Injuries really do have major impact on a fighters performance.

When Shogun had a knee injury the first time he fought Griffin and lost. Shogun won the rematch when he was fully healthy.

Silva had a rib injury the first time he fought Sonnen and lost. Silva is healthy this time.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

I noticed that Chael wasn't as susceptible to upkicks and various attacks from the guard as other fighters, because he applied too much pressure. With other fighters, Anderson would put a foot on their hip, or threaten with upkicks, but Chael would just weigh down on him and collapse all that. Also, Chael only got submitted when he got complacent, allowing Anderson wrist control while covering up as Anderson was throwing strikes from the bottom. This time, if Anderson has a wrist and starts backhanding Chael I think Chael will know what's coming.

If a stoppage does happen I think it will be either from a ko or Chael getting rocked and then submitted. At the start of the 4th round, Chael got wrocked by a elbow through his gloves, and then after that he looked confused, swinging at air. He looked confused like Hendo did before he was stopped. But then he went forward and made a failed take down attempt, and Anderson took top position. Then Chael scrambled and reversed Anderson. Chael had recuperated by the 5th round, and came out striking quite well, but Anderson slipped so it was a repeat of all the other rounds.

Anderson is usually a slow starter, but considering what's at stake and also that they fought before, I think there'll be no feeling out process. The first round will look like the 4th round of their first fight = potential for Chael getting rocked, and possibly finished.

However, I believe Chael is about as capable of taking Anderson down from a double leg as the first time. If he does get rocked, instead of shooting he should get a body lock on Anderson and take him down that way like Hendo did, but don't know if Chael is as capable in that regard as Hendo. IMO the value is on Chael, but there's no guarantee's against Anderson.
    Points Awarded:

probettor1 gave varkolek 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    I noticed that Chael wasn't as susceptible to upkicks and various attacks from the guard as other fighters, because he applied too much pressure. With other fighters, Anderson would put a foot on their hip, or threaten with upkicks, but Chael would just weigh down on him and collapse all that. Also, Chael only got submitted when he got complacent, allowing Anderson wrist control while covering up as Anderson was throwing strikes from the bottom. This time, if Anderson has a wrist and starts backhanding Chael I think Chael will know what's coming.

If a stoppage does happen I think it will be either from a ko or Chael getting rocked and then submitted. At the start of the 4th round, Chael got wrocked by a elbow through his gloves, and then after that he looked confused, swinging at air. He looked confused like Hendo did before he was stopped. But then he went forward and made a failed take down attempt, and Anderson took top position. Then Chael scrambled and reversed Anderson. Chael had recuperated by the 5th round, and came out striking quite well, but Anderson slipped so it was a repeat of all the other rounds.

Anderson is usually a slow starter, but considering what's at stake and also that they fought before, I think there'll be no feeling out process. The first round will look like the 4th round of their first fight = potential for Chael getting rocked, and possibly finished.

However, I believe Chael is about as capable of taking Anderson down from a double leg as the first time. If he does get rocked, instead of shooting he should get a body lock on Anderson and take him down that way like Hendo did, but don't know if Chael is as capable in that regard as Hendo. IMO the value is on Chael, but there's no guarantee's against Anderson.

Nice post, you did your homework.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If I find out you put any money on this, Probettor, I will be contacting your wife, who will then be contacting a divorce attorney.

You hear me?

Don't do it. Fight the urge. Remain strong and think about the Lord. Let him heal you of this sickness.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If I find out you put any money on this, Probettor, I will be contacting your wife, who will then be contacting a divorce attorney.

You hear me?

Don't do it. Fight the urge. Remain strong and think about the Lord. Let him heal you of this sickness.

Giant how do you get all those prizes? Do they sell them? You cant be a winner, you spend too much time posting to handicap. Fukk, Giant do you really make money? I dont know one fukking person who really make money betting. Tell me you are the first.

probettor1

Giant I heard that you participate in thousand contest per month, but overall you lose much more than you win. I cant believe that. You are my hero.

The Giant

Probettor, I'm on the verge of putting SBR out of business with the dominating handicapping/poker run I've been on. It's unprecedented. They can't keep up printing out badges in comparison to my winnings.

I'm an unstoppable force in the SBR community. Take notice.

But let's get back to you, how much are you wagering on this match? I've got your wife on the phone, she wants to know...

probettor1

Probettor, I'm on the verge of putting SBR out of business with the dominating handicapping/poker run I've been on. It's unprecedented. They can't keep up printing out badges in comparison to my winnings.

I'm an unstoppable force in the SBR community. Take notice.

But let's get back to you, how much are you wagering on this match? I've got your wife on the phone, she wants to know...
    Did you read my later post, I had a big mistake thinking that sonnen decision was 1325, but is not. Otherwise it was a nice bet. Now you.

Giant beating the guys here in poker is a joke, who the fuk plays sbr point lol. Sports betting is the thing. tell me Giant, dont lie to my, you are and will always be my shrink. Do you make money betting sports? dont fukking lie to me...or I'll kill myself and sue you

The Giant

Did you read my later post, I had a big mistake thinking that sonnen decision was 1325, but is not. Otherwise it was a nice bet. Now you.

Giant beating the guys here in poker is a joke, who the fuk plays sbr point lol. Sports betting is the thing. tell me Giant, dont lie to my, you are and will always be my shrink. Do you make money betting sports? dont fukking lie to me...or I'll kill myself and sue you
    I didn't read your later post. I was barely able to stomach through this one...

Here's the thing: If I tell you I win at sports betting, you won't believe me. If I tell you I lose, you'll be confused and your head will be spinning.

I'll tell you this. I do quite well. I'm not gambling now, and won't be until football season. This is my downtime.

probettor1

I didn't read your later post. I was barely able to stomach through this one...

Here's the thing: If I tell you I win at sports betting, you won't believe me. If I tell you I lose, you'll be confused and your head will be spinning.

I'll tell you this. I do quite well. I'm not gambling now, and won't be until football season. This is my downtime.
    I do believe whatever you tell me giant, you are the man here. Just by saying my head would spin I felt dizzy, you have some fukking power or i'm too stupid to fall for your shit. Love u doc.
    Giant I havent study yet. Can you belive that?, my wife is making more money than me now, and we to school together. I will need another session with you. I'll pay in betpoints.

The Giant

I do believe whatever you tell me giant, you are the man here. Just by saying my head would spin I felt dizzy, you have some fukking power or i'm too stupid to fall for your shit. Love u doc.
    Giant I havent study yet. Can you belive that?, my wife is making more money than me now, and we to school together. I will need another session with you. I'll pay in betpoints.
    Knowing your wife makes more money than you must make you feel really small and insecure. This is quite a common theme in the weak and mild-mannered man.

Because of these overflowing of insecurities, you rush to the gambling arena, looking to strike it rich in an attempt to say: "Honey, as you can see, I'm capable of making just as much money as you!" However, your feeble attempt is null and void, as you are a constant loser, reloader, and put even more of a toll on the economic household.

Allow me to give you some advice. Swallow your pride, admit to being a nonfunctioning dirtbag in society, and get to your studying. This is the only way to salvage any sort of dignity. Yes, you will be nothing more to your wife than a deadbeat parasite in the interim, but eventually, with all your cramming and studying, you will be able to look her in the eye.

I love you, my sweet friend. I believe in you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MMAbetMASTA

probettor1

Knowing your wife makes more money than you must make you feel really small and insecure. This is quite a common theme in the weak and mild-mannered man.

Because of these overflowing of insecurities, you rush to the gambling arena, looking to strike it rich in an attempt to say: "Honey, as you can see, I'm capable of making just as much money as you!" However, your feeble attempt is null and void, as you are a constant loser, reloader, and put even more of a toll on the economic household.

Allow me to give you some advice. Swallow your pride, admit to being a nonfunctioning dirtbag in society, and get to your studying. This is the only way to salvage any sort of dignity. Yes, you will be nothing more to your wife than a deadbeat parasite in the interim, but eventually, with all your cramming and studying, you will be able to look her in the eye.

I love you, my sweet friend. I believe in you.
    giant you are hilarious, . lol, I cant stop laughing. We are lucky to have a guy like you here. I assume that you are an undeachiever, you have so much talent to deal with people and to win games, and still spend so much time in this freaking forum lol...what do you do for a living?

The Giant

I'm an entrepreneur of sorts. I can't be more specific than that, I apologize.

Where are my two points? Cough them up. This session has been taxing.
    Points Awarded:

probettor1 gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last