keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    but i cant see any europeans bashing the NHL, NFL, MLB or NBA
    Probably has a lot to do with the fact it's hard to bash any of those sports for not being tough. There isn't a single NHL, NFL, MLB, or NBA player I can think of that wouldn't beat the piss out of your average soccer player.

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    100+ meters running: Soccer players
    High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump: NBA players
    Shot Put, Discus Throw, Hammer Throw: NFL players
    If running for long periods of time is considered athletic than 90 lbs. African men are the most athletic men in the world.

If you get into a fight or need an army, you don't want soccer "athletes" on your side. That should say enough about how athletic they are. I would take any AHL hockey team over any national soccer team in a fight. If I was running from a fight I'd take the soccer team.

Quote Originally Posted by imzdeals View Post

yea only a "homo" would be dating her....because you consider something gay by american standards, does not mean they are gay. Wake up
    Money is a fascinating thing. If soccer players weren't rich they aren't landing women like that simply because women don't like to date men who wear the same size clothing as them. Get a clue, pal.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mathdotcom

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

That girl kind of looks like a man. Something in her face.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Yeah there is kind of a tranny feel to that broad

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Yeah there is kind of a tranny feel to that broad
    I was thinking the same thing.Maybe its me but if you look lower i swear it looks like she has a Mr Woo Woo down there.

PickWinnerAllDay

The most athletic players on a soccer field are the goalies. That should tell you something.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

math, can you post your grinch picture again? kind of fitting for this thread. thanks

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some Americans are just frustrated they suck at the world's biggest sport, so they bash it.

That said, soccer is clearly experiencing a cynical trend. England parking the bus against an average French side is just another example. Skill is way down, and closing gaps is way up. Those games are hard to watch. Ukraine versus Sweden should be more interesting.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Some Americans are just frustrated they suck at the world's biggest sport, so they bash it.

That said, soccer is clearly experiencing a cynical trend. England parking the bus against an average French side is just another example. Skill is way down, and closing gaps is way up. Those games are hard to watch. Ukraine versus Sweden should be more interesting.
    I can guarantee you that this has no accuracy. Most of us like sports we grew up playing and enjoying. Nobody cares about soccer here because nobody liked playing it as a kid or didn't play it altogether. It is a really shitty sport that benefits greatly from the fact that a dirt poor village can play it with no supplies on a dirt field.

To further address your main point, I remember in gym class when the coaches would say 'okay it is soccer day' and the entire class would groan and complain. Do you really think 10 and 11 year olds already know that America sucks at soccer and is thus frustrated about it and that is why they hate soccer? LOL Of Course not, they hated soccer because it is a boring sport.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

No, those kids don't like soccer for two reasons. They didn't grow up in a soccer culture, and they weren't any good at it.

This is the number one sport in the world. Get over your embarrassing American arrogance.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    If running for long periods of time is considered athletic than 90 lbs. African men are the most athletic men in the world.
    If you get into a fight or need an army, you don't want soccer "athletes" on your side. That should say enough about how athletic they are. I would take any AHL hockey team over any national soccer team in a fight. If I was running from a fight I'd take the soccer team.
    If you equal athletic to toughness, then it is NFL, but unfortunately, they are not the same thing. Plus, there are many people around the world tougher than NFL players, so there is no point using 90lbs Africa runners as example.

imzdeals
    imzdeals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I can guarantee you that this has no accuracy. Most of us like sports we grew up playing and enjoying. Nobody cares about soccer here because nobody liked playing it as a kid or didn't play it altogether. It is a really shitty sport that benefits greatly from the fact that a dirt poor village can play it with no supplies on a dirt field.

To further address your main point, I remember in gym class when the coaches would say 'okay it is soccer day' and the entire class would groan and complain. Do you really think 10 and 11 year olds already know that America sucks at soccer and is thus frustrated about it and that is why they hate soccer? LOL Of Course not, they hated soccer because it is a boring sport.
    Exactly, in places like England where you grow up playing it, you enjoy it as an adult. Most of your favorite athletes also play it. In the USA, when you grow up playing basketball, baseball etc. you enjoy it as an adult, and most of your favorite athletes also play that sport. It is based on your environment growing up....you think you would be a big NFL/NBA/MLB fan if you grew up in Madrid, Spain rather than Cleveland?

wrongturn
    Update your status

To paraphrase what you are saying, Nobody growing up in Europe cares about American Football, Baseball because nobody liked playing them as a kid, and they hate baseball molasses speed. So what is your point? The only reason American bashes more is because soccer involved money is like 20x more than NFL?

PickWinnerAllDay

To paraphrase what you are saying, Nobody growing up in Europe cares about American Football, Baseball because nobody liked playing them as a kid, and they hate baseball molasses speed. So what is your point? The only reason American bashes more is because soccer involved money is like 20x more than NFL?
    Baseball is boring but you can watch an entire soccer game and see no goals? Right... 90 minutes of action and you can miss it all and miss nothing. It is a pathetic sport.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball is boring but you can watch an entire soccer game and see no goals? Right... 90 minutes of action and you can miss it all and miss nothing. It is a pathetic sport.

the u.s. must be the only sane country in the world then I guess? all the other countries who aren't dirt poor (denmark, russia, germany, uruguay, argentina, china, japan, canada, etc) just like to engage in this so called "pathetic sport" for some odd reason

guess these nations are not only ignorant that soccer is "pathetic" but they must be "gay" if they play what mathdotcom calls "gay"

oh the u.s. please save the rest of the world

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    This is the number one sport in the world. Get over your embarrassing American arrogance.
    I don't see why worldwide popularity on its own is a merit. It isn't a coincidence the most "popular" sport in the world is also the cheapest/easiest to play. Come on, pal.

God bless.

If you equal athletic to toughness, then it is NFL, but unfortunately, they are not the same thing. Plus, there are many people around the world tougher than NFL players, so there is no point using 90lbs Africa runners as example.
    You equated it with running for long distances. In practical terms you would take strength over endurance every time. And that's not to say NHL players don't have incredible endurance and speed. They also balance it out with strength. That's what makes them so athletic. Same could be said for running backs or centre fielders.

wrongturn
    Update your status

You equated it with running for long distances. In practical terms you would take strength over endurance every time. And that's not to say NHL players don't have incredible endurance and speed. They also balance it out with strength. That's what makes them so athletic. Same could be said for running backs or centre fielders.
    No I didn't equate it to running only. I actually agree with you on giving strength to NFL players. But look at the athletics at Olympics to get a full list. All you are saying you'd rather have a group of NFL players at your side at fighting, sure. But if it requires to run a distance to get better weapon first, you are going to lose.

mathdotcom

And if youre cornered by pirates who want to see some solid guy on guy action youd also be better off with the soccer players

wrongturn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    And if youre cornered by pirates who want to see some solid guy on guy action youd also be better off with the soccer players
    No. You are better off with NFL players, because their super strength could let you off hook. Pulp Fiction.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by pepero428 View Post
    the u.s. must be the only sane country in the world then I guess? all the other countries who aren't dirt poor (denmark, russia, germany, uruguay, argentina, china, japan, canada, etc) just like to engage in this so called "pathetic sport" for some odd reason

guess these nations are not only ignorant that soccer is "pathetic" but they must be "gay" if they play what mathdotcom calls "gay"

oh the u.s. please save the rest of the world
    A couple of the countries you mentioned wouldn't even list soccer as their most popular sport. So you have some research to do.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Only the vast majority people on Earth call it beautiful, but I guess because ya'll started a thread on SBR then there must be something wrong with the game.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Only the vast majority people on Earth call it beautiful, but I guess because ya'll started a thread on SBR then there must be something wrong with the game.
    You also have to keep in mind that in the United States, you can pick from EVERY single sport in the world growing up except maybe cricket. We don't seem to play that here.

So in America, you have EVERY option in front of you, and nobody picks soccer. I wonder why?

Name another country in the world that has as many organized different sports leagues for children to choose growing up?

PickWinnerAllDay

The simple reality is, if I grow up in America, I can play any major sport I want.

If I grow up in England... there aren't nearly as many options. Doubt anyone plays baseball, know no one plays football, and doubt the leagues for basketball are legit. So shit, yeah, you get one choice. Of course everyone loves it there.

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Shit is far too serious, we should kill each other.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: keyboarding

vangend
    vangend's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably has a lot to do with the fact it's hard to bash any of those sports for not being tough. There isn't a single NHL, NFL, MLB, or NBA player I can think of that wouldn't beat the piss out of your average soccer player.

Money is a fascinating thing. If soccer players weren't rich they aren't landing women like that simply because women don't like to date men who wear the same size clothing as them. Get a clue, pal.
    That is just stupid, they use guns etc in the army for fighting, no more swords etc on the battle field.

Lots of people who like contact sports will always think not contact sports is for fairies, but the people bashing the non contact sports is not tough enough to play it themselves.

I South Africa whe grow up where most young black South Africans normally play soccer and white South Africans play rugby or cricket, most of the rugby supporters here say the same thing about soccer, that it is for fairies, but most of the rugby teams also play soccer as part of there fitness routine.

In every sport to reach the top you need to put so much mental and physical effort in that that alone makes any sportstar a tough guy, it is just stupid to bash soccer because you do not understand it. Take the Austratian Tennis open final match between Djokovic and Nadal, no NFL, NBA, soccer or any other type of sports player would be able to play like that for almost six hours because they do not train the same and it is different sports, so if you are a tennis supporter then all NFL and rugby players is fairies becuase they will not be able to play tennis well.

If you want to see some real boring sports go and watch a 5-day cricket test, but there are some people who love watching it and don't try and say the guys being out in the sun playing cricket is not tough in its own right. In case you do not know the above mention sports, Cricket is non contact with a hard ball and bat, the ball travel the same speed as a baseball but the cricket players catch the ball without a glove/mitt. Rugby is a contact sport where the players do not wear helmets or very thick padding.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by vangend View Post
    That is just stupid, they use guns etc in the army for fighting, no more swords etc on the battle field.
    You still have to be very strong to use a gun. There's quite a bit of strength required in the training to become part of a military.

Be honest, which of the following players do you think is least likely to become a US Marine (I wrote "player training" and the respective sport to find the image, and chose the first one showing a single player, I also didn't even bother with the NFL):

rentongfb
    rentongfb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Lebran cant be a marine, otherwise U.S would lose it all )

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Be honest, which of the following players do you think is least likely to become a US Marine
    the footballer/soccer player is least likely to become a Marine because he is no doubt the smartest of the bunch by a longshot.

football is called the beautiful game because of the way so many teams over the years have played...if you can't appreciate and admire the inherent beauty and genius in the way a team like Barcelona plays, it is solely your loss.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rentongfb

rentongfb
    rentongfb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

To the guy who is asking about why soccer players are protecting their body parts with their hands and turning their backs to the ball ons et pieces, well you should play this game and got hit by a really strong shot, on your head for example, you will have a mild concussion at least. The worst is when you got hit at the stomach tho, cos u literally can not breath for about 30 seconds. Everyone who plays the beautiful game would know it...

unfortunately, the level of ignorance and immaturity is sad in this forum. u guys should start hating less. ok i understand americans luck ability and dominance in this sport by miles, and i understand this cause an inferiority complex. Ruling the world on many things but not the sport the world cares most about. That is why it is called THE BEAUTIFUL GAME my friends, you can be taller, stronger, richer or whatever, but you will be equal on the pitch. This is the game where talent and smartness comes to the pitch, as a team and as individuals. Show me a game like this where surprises can happen so often...

vangend
    vangend's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rentongfb View Post
    To the guy who is asking about why soccer players are protecting their body parts with their hands and turning their backs to the ball ons et pieces, well you should play this game and got hit by a really strong shot, on your head for example, you will have a mild concussion at least. The worst is when you got hit at the stomach tho, cos u literally can not breath for about 30 seconds. Everyone who plays the beautiful game would know it...
    I would also cover my balls if I have to stand and face the ball comming towards me at one hell of a speed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2118769/Wayne-Rooney-broke-wrist-Football-fan-hit-wayward-shot-Manchester-United-match.html

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by vangend View Post
    I would also cover my balls if I have to stand and face the ball comming towards me at one hell of a speed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2118769/Wayne-Rooney-broke-wrist-Football-fan-hit-wayward-shot-Manchester-United-match.html
    LOL
    A ball breaks the wrist .... of a NINE YEAR OLD

What a pussy you are for posting this

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer is the most corrupt sport in the world...

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by marcojuiceman View Post
    Soccer is the most corrupt sport in the world...
    Another reason not to follow it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I doubt the big leagues are rigged
    Failed bettors cry foul
    Soccer is most popular sport on the planet

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I don't see why worldwide popularity on its own is a merit. It isn't a coincidence the most "popular" sport in the world is also the cheapest/easiest to play. Come on, pal.

God bless.
    Worldwide popularity of itself is not a merit. But Americans discarding soccer, a sport they're not good at it, a sport that requires far greater technique, balance, and coordination than any of the American sports, on the basis that soccer athletes wouldn't make good US marines, is really all one needs to know. Add to that that soccer was suddenly highly popular, two years ago at the World Cup, when the US team was making a run. People were cheering in the bars like you wouldn't believe it. So there is no question whatsoever that Americans would love to be among the world elite in soccer. But they don't know how to do it. And that must be frustrating, especially for a country that labels its own national champions 'world champions'. A lot easier for the self-proclaimed heroes of the world to send some more marines into a country where the US has no business. Only natural when kids grow up on a diet of Superman, Batman, and Spiderman, instead of kicking a ball around until dark. No kidding. Do you think soccer players have Superman tattoos? Or athletes (Shaq and Howard) quarreling about who's the real Superman? lol Americans are not good at soccer, because it's too hard. They want a quick fix; something you can be good at in a few years. Not something that takes decades to develop. In general, if you didn't start playing soccer by age 10, maybe 12, it's too late already. You'll never look natural after that. That's how hard the sport is compared to US sports.

Having said all that, the quality of the present tournament is disappointing. I would expect much better technique than what many of these players are showing. And I would give a yellow card to any player exaggerating a foul against him, like that Greek moron who was squirming on the ground as if he was about to die, because somebody nicked his head. All he was trying to do was get a red card for the opponent. On second thought, he should have gotten a red himself. That's the way to get rid of stuff that nobody wants to see.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-12-12 at 01:38 PM.

First 123456 Last