Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Is Kayode a live dog tonight vs Tarver?

Been looking forward to this Showtime card tonight for a while. Anyone think Tarver is taking the fight too lightly? I'm thinking Kayode could pull this off.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

kayode is real raw....hes strong....but there is the possibility that tarver just whoops up on the pup and gives him a boxing lesson.....

at the same time tarver is old and looks soft in the mid section...i can see him wearing or fading...and getting outworked......kayode has been a shobox star...and tarver works the mic for the network

i dont feel strongly about this....but i wouldnt lay that money with tarver....if i was going to make a play id make one on kayode probably....but i dont have much of a feeling about this fight...in pedigree and pure ability tarver is on another level.....at his best kayode will never be as talented.....but laying that kind of money with tarver would scare me

i gave yall a strong feeling play with froch last weekend....but i dont see much here....nothing strong....maybe a half unit play on kayode for fun....peace to tarver though....cool guy

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Hope not, I have a fair chunk of change on Tarver! Still I haven't really seen anything by Kayode to impress me, granted we're able to really only go off of Tarvers performance on Green...who knows, I'm confident in Tarver but wouldn't be THAT surprised if he loses.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

No. Delvin Rodriguez +400.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Ehhh I don't think so

I had delvin at +300 something in the first wolak fight....I was so pissed...got hosed big time

Dont like him tonight tho...

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

I got a feeling Delvin Rodriguez wins the fight but loses the decision.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

At this point in Tarver's career I think anyone with a pulse is a live dog. Bobby convinced me to put down a little.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was wondering if i thread was going to be started about this fight. I don't know if anybody saw the weigh ins for this fight but Tarver didn't look to be in good shape for this fight at all. Kind of flabby. Ever since the weigh ins the lone has been dropping on Kayode pretty hard. Even in his poor shape, Tarver is a vet. I figure Tarver's only way to win this fight is decision and Kayode won't be able to outbox Tarver for 12 rounds even if he is out of shape so I'd go Kayode inside the distance.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

tarvers been shot i wouldn't lay anything with him in any fight like poster above any dog against him is very live

IMO any fight for tarver now is nothing but him trying to squeeze out the little paydays he has left. he had a chance to do big things, was in the rocky movie it was all set up for something great but that loss ended his credibility he is a stiff

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

+600?...damned shame that winky`s so old...quillin has no names on his resume...

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    At this point in Tarver's career I think anyone with a pulse is a live dog.
    I take it the last Tarver fight you saw was against Dawson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    I was wondering if i thread was going to be started about this fight. I don't know if anybody saw the weigh ins for this fight but Tarver didn't look to be in good shape for this fight at all. Kind of flabby.
    He also looked soft against Danny Green and the one before at HW. If it were that easy to cap a fight, we'd all be rich. Kayode and Trout both had to continue cutting weight while Tarver and Rodriguez began rehydrating. What effect will that have on the fights? Absolutely none whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    I got a feeling Delvin Rodriguez wins the fight but loses the decision.
    We have a winner...
    Points Awarded:

Crassus gave iQon 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jesus Christ gave iQon 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    I was wondering if i thread was going to be started about this fight. I don't know if anybody saw the weigh ins for this fight but Tarver didn't look to be in good shape for this fight at all. Kind of flabby. Ever since the weigh ins the lone has been dropping on Kayode pretty hard. Even in his poor shape, Tarver is a vet. I figure Tarver's only way to win this fight is decision and Kayode won't be able to outbox Tarver for 12 rounds even if he is out of shape so I'd go Kayode inside the distance.
    Tarver looked like that and he punished Danny green for 9 rounds in fairness (he just isn't ripped as he gets heavier oddly enough)

Also Quillin doesn't have any major names on the resume but, he's beaten really solid prospect in McEwan and he also beat a really tough journeyman in Brinkley. Quillin by UD.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Got Kayode+325

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Tarver looked like that and he punished Danny green for 9 rounds in fairness (he just isn't ripped as he gets heavier oddly enough)

Also Quillin doesn't have any major names on the resume but, he's beaten really solid prospect in McEwan and he also beat a really tough journeyman in Brinkley. Quillin by UD.
    he`s rightfully the fave..theres a size and speed difference.......wright hasn`t fought in 3 years and is clearly being brought in as an opponent...but mcewan and brinkley aren`t top drawer guys by a long shot...lets hope that wright still has some slicks and at least makes a decent showing... he was a tough nut to crack in his day...

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    he`s rightfully the fave..theres a size and speed difference.......wright hasn`t fought in 3 years and is clearly being brought in as an opponent...but mcewan and brinkley aren`t top drawer guys by a long shot...lets hope that wright still has some slicks and at least makes a decent showing... he was a tough nut to crack in his day...
    I don't know, I hold McEwan in very high regard personally, I'd pick him to beat Wright. Wright is going to be a sneaky vet though, he's got some tricks Quillin won't be expecting thats for sure!

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I'm fading Tarver and Wright

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Risk free play on Quillin fight...Sportbet had not distance at +200, and Not QUillin by decision at +105 and euro sites had distance at -137.5 and Quillin by decision at +120. Bout 7.6 units profit if it doesnt go to decision, or 5.1 units if it does and Quillin wins the decision.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

I played Rodriguez +325...nothing crazy just 100$ because I really think he can win this fight..problem is if the result is even debatable I think the judges give it to Trout.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    tarvers been shot i wouldn't lay anything with him in any fight like poster above any dog against him is very live

IMO any fight for tarver now is nothing but him trying to squeeze out the little paydays he has left. he had a chance to do big things, was in the rocky movie it was all set up for something great but that loss ended his credibility he is a stiff
    i thought he beat Rocky?

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i thought he beat Rocky?
    But Tarver proved he was a champion in that fight! He broke his hand in round 1 but kept goin!

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post

Delvin, you fail me.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tarver wont win this fight tonight. He is 43 years old for Gods sake and fighting a spunky 29 year old pup thats pissed and wants to whip his ass. Take the dog and I also played UNDER 11 1/2 rounds.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

I think the style matchup favors Tarver, but I'm not going to lay -300 on a 43 year old man. I'm on U 11 1/2. Kayode's only chance of winning is by stoppage, imo, and I think there's a good chance Tarver takes him to the woodshed by going up the middle.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

lol at commentators saying Tarvers plan was to lose first 2 rounds...

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Wow - a draw! Was pretty close though.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

bullshit draw

Duff85

I thought the draw was fair call. I got paid half face value on my ticket - so was pretty happy.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some real bad boxing cappng going on here.

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Where did you have this at?

Crassus

You're right, we all should have been heavy on Winky Wright, would have made us all a bunch right?

iQon

Posted Today, 09:28 AM

Nick Papageorgio

Just find it funny that there were Tarver backers. Never said I had Wright or was heavy on him just that I thought he some value to him. Had no action on any of these fights duff85 way too juicy of a card.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Just find it funny that there were Tarver backers. Never said I had Wright or was heavy on him just that I thought he some value to him. Had no action on any of these fights duff85 way too juicy of a card.
    Agreed that the card was juiced up...and that's why I said a small play on Kayode was the only thing I saw worth anything

Like I said I gave y'all froch last weekend easy...I know the Fight game...also said delvin had no shot last night

Nick Papageorgio

Hennan I agreed with you for the most part on this card.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    Agreed that the card was juiced up...and that's why I said a small play on Kayode was the only thing I saw worth anything

Like I said I gave y'all froch last weekend easy...I know the Fight game...also said delvin had no shot last night
    You have mention the Froch pick every other post? I mean props for getting it right but cmon

12 Last