SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Romney leads in Florida

A very cool electoral tracker is on USAToday. http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/electoral-tracker

If you run through the scenarios you see just how hard its going to be for him to be elected. The left coast puts Obama 1/4 of the way to winning. Add in his home state and NY and he is nearly half way there. It takes 270 to be elected.

For Romney to overcome this he MUST carry nearly all the swing states. Give Romney Florida, NC, NH and Iowa the electoral college would be 245-196 for Romney. Give Obama Nevada, New Mexico and Michigan and you are sitting at 245-223 for Romney.

That leaves Penn, Colo, Wisc, Va and Ohio to decide who will be President. I'd give Romney Colo and I'd give the rest to Obama leaving a final score of 284-254 for Obama. Course, I've been known to be wrong.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Romney has to thread the needle to win.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Who gives a fuk.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Obama is having a Southern problem... However , for Mitt to win he must flip a couple of mid-west states
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DudleyDawson

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Obama has it in the bag unfortunately. He just needs to work the young kids like he's been doing, going to colleges and giving them false hopes for their vote.

Sam Odom

This is sorta laughable ---> Washington Post is questioning if democrat voters are racist why ?

because of the backlash to Obama in dem southern primaries

Kentucky, Arkansas primaries: It is racism?

That President Obama lost roughly 40 percent of the vote in Democratic primaries in Arkansas, Kentucky and West Virginia over the last two weeks has drawn massive national headlines.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It will take a miracle for Obama to lose

You can thank dumb America

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

you may be right on both counts

however

i believe it is better than 50/50 Mitt will flip Fl , NCar... he must flip 2-3 Rustbelt states to win tho

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

He's leading in FL, see yahoo.com's lead story. But I totally agree its up to the rust belt states. He should probably take an Ohioan to be VP. IF he could carry Ohio he would just need to flip a small state like maybe Nevada or Wisc.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I think youre right.. This guy is voting for obama(hush hush):

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I cant believe people were stupid enough to vote for him the 1st time.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

obama loses Wisconsin and Ohio

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

No way Obama loses.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post

obama loses Wisconsin and Ohio

The recall elections this summer will be an harbinger of things to come in Nov

Sam Odom

May 23, 2012

Wisconsin Democrats Face Hurdles Ahead Of Recall

The latest polling from Marquette Law School showed Walker with a six point lead among likely voters over Barrett- 50 percent to 44 percent- outside of the polls margin of error of +/- 3.8 percent.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ead-of-recall/

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

sigh.... O welll

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

In KY yesterday Obama got 58% while 42% voted uncommitted. Not good for Obama

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

i think iowa, co, nm, and nv stays blue. gop retakes ind, nc, nh, and fla. romney must take va and oh (assuming nebraska doesn't give a single vote to obama like in 08). that's the only chance for romney to win in my opinon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If Ron Paul runs as well do you think it will hurt Romney a lot?

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    May 23, 2012

Wisconsin Democrats Face Hurdles Ahead Of Recall

The latest polling from Marquette Law School showed Walker with a six point lead among likely voters over Barrett- 50 percent to 44 percent- outside of the polls margin of error of +/- 3.8 percent.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ead-of-recall/
    ABC News doesn't even know what margin of error is.

Sam Odom

Shaudius , you think Wisconsin will be an harbinger of things to come in Nov ?

Dems nationwide have focused on this for months with time , manpower & $$$

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    He's leading in FL, see yahoo.com's lead story. But I totally agree its up to the rust belt states. He should probably take an Ohioan to be VP. IF he could carry Ohio he would just need to flip a small state like maybe Nevada or Wisc.
    What do you think will improve if Romney were to be elected ? Why ?

Shaudius

Shaudius , you think Wisconsin will be an harbinger of things to come in Nov ?

Dems nationwide have focused on this for months with time , manpower & $$$
    Having lived in Wisconsin recently, I can tell you that Scott Walker is certainly not well liked overall. That being said there's a lot of people who don't believe in recall elections who will either stay home or vote for him because of this fact, I think the race would be more competitive if it wasn't a recall effort.

Sam Odom

Because of the effort dems nationwide have put into recalling Walker , IMO , if he wins it will be a blackeye for dems and they cannot be happy looking forward to Nov

IF Walker wins again that is...

Shaudius

Because of the effort dems nationwide have put into recalling Walker , IMO , if he wins it will be a blackeye for dems and they cannot be happy looking forward to Nov

IF Walker wins again that is...
    Did you read the article? The national Democratic party has put in very little effort in recalling Walker up to this point, the state party is pissed off about it. Nationwide Republicans have actually spent more money defending the recall then nationwide democrats have.

"
    The announcement came after
    reports emerged
    that the state Democratic Party was upset with the national committee’s lack of involvement, and a petition had been launched calling on the DNC to provide financial support to Democrats in Wisconsin."

Sam Odom

DNC are reading the polls... they are putting distance between them NOW

Sam Odom

February 17, 2011

DNC playing role in Wisconsin protests

The Democratic National Committee's Organizing for America arm -- the remnant of the 2008 Obama campaign -- is playing an active role in organizing protests against Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's attempt to strip most public employees of collective bargaining rights.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Protestrs are mostly paid union emplyees, most of the occupy wall street people all over the nation fall under this category, including the people who tried ot blow up a bridge in cleveland and the rioters in chicago this week. These people are all in obamas pocket and he supports all this chaos but he doesnt want to admit it now since they are out of control, he stated he supported the occupy movement back when they were all peaceful in the beginning but where is he now on this subject publicly.

Shaudius

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Protestrs are mostly paid union emplyees, most of the occupy wall street people all over the nation fall under this category, including the people who tried ot blow up a bridge in cleveland and the rioters in chicago this week. These people are all in obamas pocket and he supports all this chaos but he doesnt want to admit it now since they are out of control, he stated he supported the occupy movement back when they were all peaceful in the beginning but where is he now on this subject publicly.
    I actually don't think its possible for you to be more wrong. Occupy is not a union front. Most occupiers are anarchists and green libertarians, a large part of the protest in Chicago was anti-Rahm Emmanuel because they thought he wasted money bringing the NATO conference there. That should have instead gone to helping the city.

Shaudius

February 17, 2011

DNC playing role in Wisconsin protests

The Democratic National Committee's Organizing for America arm -- the remnant of the 2008 Obama campaign -- is playing an active role in organizing protests against Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's attempt to strip most public employees of collective bargaining rights.
    Ummm, there is a huge difference between supporting protests against the governor and actively participating in a recall effort that appears to be by and large state party run.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    I actually don't think its possible for you to be more wrong. Occupy is not a union front. Most occupiers are anarchists and green libertarians, a large part of the protest in Chicago was anti-Rahm Emmanuel because they thought he wasted money bringing the NATO conference there.
    God you're clueless, you really need some help man.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    Ummm, there is a huge difference between supporting protests against the governor and actively participating in a recall effort that appears to be by and large state party run.
    I suppose those idiots in madison werent union employees either right?

Shaudius

God you're clueless, you really need some help man.

Cuz what about what I said is wrong? Oh that's right all you have is the fact that some unions gave some money to Occupy over a year ago. But I mean believe whatever you want, you obviously do anyway. You know Obama isn't even the most popular presidential candidate in the occupy movement right?

In case you were wondering, http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84I09X20120519
    Last edited by Shaudius; 05-24-12 at 12:58 AM.

Shaudius

I suppose those idiots in madison werent union employees either right?
    Considering they were protesting Governor Walker taking away their collective bargaining rights, I am absolutely sure that a large portion of them were union members. But again, how does that show that the Democratic national party was involved in a large way with the recall effort in Wisconsin. Answer, it doesn't. Try to keep up with the discussion.

12 Last