MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    Considering they were protesting Governor Walker taking away their collective bargaining rights, I am absolutely sure that a large portion of them were union members. But again, how does that show that the Democratic national party was involved in a large way with the recall effort in Wisconsin. Answer, it doesn't. Try to keep up with the discussion.
    Union members are democrats, they want walker out even though he saved that state from financial dissaray, you are lost pal. Unions are bankrupting states and the country too and should not be able to collectively bargain when they are basically extorting taxpayers in the process.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Union members are democrats, they want walker out even though he saved that state from financial dissaray, you are lost pal. Unions are bankrupting states and the country too and should not be able to collectively bargain when they are basically extorting taxpayers in the process.
    The issue in Wisconsin had nothing to do with unions bankrupting the state. How do I know? Because the public unions at the bargaining table all agreed to the cuts Walker wanted to make. What was his response, push through legislation eliminating their collective bargaining rights. I mean its not like I wasn't in the state while this was all going down or anything, oh wait, I was.

Beyond that your point of union members = democrats is ridiculous on its face. Well who do you think was protesting in large number? That would be public school teachers, are all public school teachers democrats as well? I think that would be news to a lot of them.

Regardless none of this is in responsive to the fact that my whole point was that nationwide democrats(like the DNC) were not involved in the recall effort, and only obstinately involved in the protests themselves(in that they supported them), because public unions != nationwide Democrats just like people who go to Tea Party rallies != nationwide Republicans.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

May 24, 2012

Democrats leapt at the chance to use Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker to send a message to all the budget-cutting, union-busting conservatives across the land: If you mess with Big Labor, there’s a heavy price to pay.

But if you shoot at the king, you’d better not miss.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76698.html

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Democratic Governors Association, which has already committed more to the recall fight than they’ve ever committed to a Wisconsin gubernatorial election in recent history.

and... now they give even more...

Democratic governors add $1M to recall of Gov. Walker in Wis.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T76S_8XGO70

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Democratic Governors Association, which has already committed more to the recall fight than they’ve ever committed to a Wisconsin gubernatorial election in recent history.

and... now they give even more...

Democratic governors add $1M to recall of Gov. Walker in Wis.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T76S_8XGO70
    And yet it will pare in comparison to the amount that the Koch brothers will give.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    i think iowa, co, nm, and nv stays blue. gop retakes ind, nc, nh, and fla. romney must take va and oh (assuming nebraska doesn't give a single vote to obama like in 08). that's the only chance for romney to win in my opinon.

I see Iowa going Republican...If it were anyone other than Romney it would be a lock.

First 12