ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

why would anyone want to go to the army anyway

There is a reason when they come home from the army not many want to hire them

Does anyone remember that highschool kid we all made fun of wearing army clothes to school

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

If our country was left to people like you, we would be speaking German
    or Russian.

You wouldn't have a 1/4 of what you enjoy now. Vietnam was fought against
    the spread of communism, the same as Korea. Iraq was fought against a tyrant
    dictator. Afghanistan is fought because we believe that's where the 911
    attacks originated from.

That's the trouble with people who don't take a stand. All they think about is
    themselves. If it doesn't affect me, why bother.

I've thought the same thing as that article from wtf. I'm still proud of the fact we
    have men and women volunteering for service.

Pick a side. If anything, vote. Quit bashing people who have died, and are serving their
    country. Guess who lives in this country, YOU.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Flashmo

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

yes all those thugs in prison with marijuana charges. SMDH

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    or Russian.

dictator. Afghanistan is fought because we believe that's where the 911
    attacks originated from.

I've thought the same thing as that article from wtf. I'm still proud of the fact we

Pick a side. If anything, vote. Quit bashing people who have died, and are serving their
    I respect anyone in the military who doesn't have this attitude that they are better than everyone who isn't. You don't seem to meet that criteria.

Good job. You were in the military. That doesn't make you better than anyone who wasn't.

For the record, when you join the military, you give up your right to take a stand. You do what you are told and nothing more. If they tell you to take on a mission that will involve innocent civilian casualties, you either say Yes sir, kill those innocent men, women, and children or you get dishonorably discharged. Some stand you're taking.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

PickWinner you're a little off on that last post buddy. Joining is not 'giving up the right to take a stand and do as you are told blindly'. People join to give themselves to the nation.....this is why it is called SERVICE. You don't consider who like you or who does not...you do it for the ideals behind how you are raised and mostly...because you realize a country has given you a pretty sweet deal allowing you to live the life you do and the open doors found here that are not in most areas of the world so the thought process is "hey...guess I owe a little back so take me". My personal reasoning was geared more toward a challenge as well as giving back. For clarity...you DO NOT have to obey unlawful orders involving the killing of innocents. And to say "we're gonna go on a mission to find civilians" like in the Vietnam era movies is not based in reality....a few guys don't decide what mission they feel like doing that day and just take off and do it. Which ever Task Force a unit is assigned to...mission requests/orders come down from 2 levels up and drip down..they are then delegated and tightly controlled due to the fact that coordination has to be made between the transports....weapons loads...air assets on station...main element and reinforcements etc. It's a whole theatrical performance played out before the front line guys get the info and leave the wire.

That said....what I wish people would wrap their heads around is why are you blaming soldiers who are just doing the job the elected official sent them to do? The soldier doesn't pick the fight...he just carries it out.

rkelly110

Sorry if I came across sounding like BigD, but I'm sick of people in here whining
    about our govt and military who have never voted or served. I know who you are.

If you have a problem with our elected officials and our military, you have the power.
    Vote, write your representative or protest. Take a stand. Get a job, contribute.

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Most of the other 25% are too intelligent to go and fight a bullshit war in the desert.
    Last edited by beach nut; 03-21-12 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sideloaded, wikkidinsane, and icancount2one

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry if I came across sounding like BigD, but I'm sick of people in here whining
    about our govt and military who have never voted or served. I know who you are.

If you have a problem with our elected officials and our military, you have the power.
    Vote, write your representative or protest. Take a stand. Get a job, contribute.
    LOL yeah voting really helps. We vote on ZERO issues or budgets. All we do is vote on REPRESENTATIVES who lie to the public and vote with their buddies and whoever is handing them the cash when they get in office. The representative government has been gamed by the corporations and it changes nothing if you vote or not. Wake up you sheep.

rkelly110

So if you don't vote, what are your plans to change the way things are?
    Going to rallies and to occupy/ protest won't change anything unless
    you vote.

Look around at the world. Do you see how enthused people are who are
    voting for the 1st time? For the 1st time in their lives, they have a say.
    Don't take it for granted.

I think you are just being lazy and making excuses.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Historically the army has been full of malcontents, felons and ne'er do wells anyway. Other than the few people who graduated from West Point, and most of them get automatic commissions the army is full of a bunch of idiots anyway.

They like it that way though. They want morons who wont question anything and do what theyre told no matter what the consequences. The 'professional' army/military has always been a joke. The only times the U.S. military has actually been noteworthy was when guys either volunteered or they fought for an actual cause. Then the military got pumped up by people with actual brains for a change.

The military is basically the final choice for people who cant/couldnt find a job anywhere else. Or had delusions of grandeur about kiling people and becoming a hero with some misguided sense of patriotism. But the volunteers and guys off the street I am sure has dropped off significantly the past decade, ad has the amount of educated people who sign up just to help fund an actual education because their odds of seeing action have increased exponentially.

So now it is back to more of the guys who are borderline felons anyway, dead end lives and dead end prospects. While there used to be studies done (they didnt like the results), it was shown that these guys didnt have alot of options anyway. Going into a battle zone and seeing horrific things makes it worse. Thats why so many guys coming back now have it harder tha most. They were never a good prospect for a 'normal' job in anyway (thats why they joined the military in the first place), and getting some sort of mental issue over there due to whatever they endured, stress, fear, witnessing atrocities etc makes them an impossible candidate.

The recruitment posters and ads that show these college kids working on a GI bill or whatever they call it now are basically rarer than a high school athlete that makes it pro. One in a million in terms of 'success' rate to failure rate. For every one guy that goes to the military and gets out 'normal' and with a great paying job without losing anything from the experience there are 50000 guys who come back the same or worse from the experience.

The time for a standing military passed a long time ago anyway. In fact the standing military other than wiping out native people didnt do much for this country anyway. It took the volunteers and mass number of draftees in times of major conflicts to actually get anything done that was worth anything. At least for the American people.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Nevermind the militarty...we need to start having an IQ test to enter the SBR forum.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave Thunder Gulch 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Thunder Gulch - John would be in the unemployment line if that were implemented. Would lose easily 70% of poster traffic

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

Does anyone remember that highschool kid we all made fun of wearing army clothes to school
    These guys come back after 5-6 tours will never be hired by any legit company. Who the fuk wants to pay for all the health costs of these guys? They are way fuked up mentally and considering they are exposed to depleted uranium there are going to be long term health risks as well.

Anyone signing up today is beyond stupid and should be locked up in a cage. We all know these wars are complete bullshit and started over false reasons so anyone joining today just likes to kill things for no reason and if I was running a company no fukking way would I even considering hiring one of these idiots let alone even allowing them in my building.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

wantitall;

if there was no standing military who would have stopped saddam from taking over most of the middle east and control of the flow of oil?

if not saddam some other fukin middle east psycho will assemble an army and start shit, or maybe the chinese will start running out of resources, if nobody to stop them they can TAKE whatever they want, the japs tried it

also, the military has changed dramatically, reliance on brut strength is no longer top priority

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    PickWinner you're a little off on that last post buddy. Joining is not 'giving up the right to take a stand and do as you are told blindly'. People join to give themselves to the nation.....this is why it is called SERVICE. You don't consider who like you or who does not...you do it for the ideals behind how you are raised and mostly...because you realize a country has given you a pretty sweet deal allowing you to live the life you do and the open doors found here that are not in most areas of the world so the thought process is "hey...guess I owe a little back so take me". My personal reasoning was geared more toward a challenge as well as giving back. For clarity...you DO NOT have to obey unlawful orders involving the killing of innocents. And to say "we're gonna go on a mission to find civilians" like in the Vietnam era movies is not based in reality....a few guys don't decide what mission they feel like doing that day and just take off and do it. Which ever Task Force a unit is assigned to...mission requests/orders come down from 2 levels up and drip down..they are then delegated and tightly controlled due to the fact that coordination has to be made between the transports....weapons loads...air assets on station...main element and reinforcements etc. It's a whole theatrical performance played out before the front line guys get the info and leave the wire.

That said....what I wish people would wrap their heads around is why are you blaming soldiers who are just doing the job the elected official sent them to do? The soldier doesn't pick the fight...he just carries it out.
    I'm not saying a mission to solely kill civilians, but most of these missions will involve civilian casualties just by accident.

personally, I don't want to be responsible for some woman and her kids getting blown to pieces just to kill the enemy a few buildings down but hell, that is just me.

I don't blame soldiers for anything, they made their choices and they are paid well considering the intelligence required to do their job. I personally don't want to risk the only life I have on a war that I don't even believe in.

If some country invades us and America starts fighting for the right to live, then sure, give me a gun, I'll join the armed forces. But that isn't the situation.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    wantitall;

if there was no standing military who would have stopped saddam from taking over most of the middle east and control of the flow of oil?

if not saddam some other fukin middle east psycho will assemble an army and start shit, or maybe the chinese will start running out of resources, if nobody to stop them they can TAKE whatever they want, the japs tried it

also, the military has changed dramatically, reliance on brut strength is no longer top priority
    How people used to fight is insane. They would just line up and march into each other and shoot each other. At least it isn't like that anymore, that being said, American soldiers who think they were fighting for our freedom in Iraq are sadly mistaken. Just like they were in Vietnam.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    How people used to fight is insane. They would just line up and march into each other and shoot each other. At least it isn't like that anymore, that being said, American soldiers who think they were fighting for our freedom in Iraq are sadly mistaken. Just like they were in Vietnam.

I am in no way advocating the current squirmishes america is currently involved in, they should pull out immediately

But I am saying you must have a strong military in place for a litany of reasons

PickWinnerAllDay

I am in no way advocating the current squirmishes america is currently involved in, they should pull out immediately

But I am saying you must have a strong military in place for a litany of reasons
    No doubt. I'm sure we'd get pushed around if we didn't. So it is a job that someone has to do and trust me, I'm glad that America has pretty much an endless supply of people who don't really want to do anything else. They get paid pretty well and they are happy with their choices so good for them. That being said, I wouldn't be caught dead doing that. There are far better ways to make money and far better ways to help people.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

wantitall;

LMAO we the United States set him up, just like we did every other guy we are now trying to overthrow.

You guys really need a history lesson I guess because it is clear no one has a frigging clue about reality.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

PickWinner - you obviously don't realize how missions are carried out pal. You don't blow women and their kids apart to get people a few buildings down. Strict rules of engagement are in place and I've seen drones called off from strikes after 3 days of planning due to kids playing soccer on the outer limits of the blast radius from the buildings. And to that fact...the women in most of those areas are just as deadly as the men if not worse sine they tend to hide more weapons and it's U.S. policy NOT to separate the women from their husbands during searches for cultural reasons ( the guys feel disrespected and I've seen weapons pulled simply for asking the woman to sit on the ground opposite the vehicle while the male is detained for a search. They do not live by the same standards as we do...the women there aren't on their way back from Zumba practice to make kids a snack for the birthday party....they are hardcore as well. I've got pics on my personal cam from the aftermath of a woman handing her 8 year old a knife to run up and stab a corpsman while trying to give him medical aid....SOP is to stack weapons outside the care shack so the corpsman is unarmed in close space with the kids and focused on helping when the kids whip out weapons.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best is cigs keep China thin!
    I love that angle!
    I got it!...
    Lets teach little kids in China to smoke weed!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    [/U]

lmfao. this coming from a guy who has *** as his avatar. that alone will tell you that poster is an idiot.

if one is a teenager and has that avatar, you might give em half a pass. but a grown adult with that avatar.... demonstrates the full absence of thought and the ability to make sound decisions

hey rooster breath... Jay-Z is the man.. if you are 25-33 your probably grew up with him... and if you had half a brain.. you would realize he is the frank sinatra of our generation.. guy is a business wiz.. is married and has a kid with Beyonce.. and the guy is probably worth 500million.. and he did it his way.. no label ever punked him..

you die tomorrow.. and no one remembers... he dies tomorrow.. and half the world mourns...

yeah. he is an awful person to have as an avatar...

rooster breath are there any other role models we should steer clear of here on the forum?

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

does anyone remember the fat kid who thought he was good at tennis?

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    So there is a government created dilema on both sides of the coin.First they create a giant welfare state dysfunctional underclass ,and then they create a national socialist central planning,globalist military industrial complex.Two forms of statism that meet each other on the socialist circle.And Ron Paul is the furthest away from both and no one wants to vote for him because they are all brainwashed to love both of the statist socialist groups.The moral of the story is,people are dumb enough to believe the government tells the truth and is good and they continue believing that because the government gives them free stuff.
    Then how do you explain the fact that countries even more socialist/statist than the US like Japan and China have better education systems than the US, as stated in the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    The low standards the military has is why we lose every war we start these days. If they started paying real wages (1000 per day) and quit hiring the current crop of losers we might actually win one of these wars we start.
    With BAH and BAS every single member of the military from E-1 on up makes more than medium income for a family of four in this country(when you calculate the value of BAH and BAS). The high pay of US military members starts even earlier down the ranks than itchypickle states.

Quote Originally Posted by dogthebountyman View Post
    The only reason Americans are obese is b/c smoking is banned. Tobbacco has kept China thin since ancient times and most of America since the 1600's. Look at any chart since America began it's campaign against smoking and as it has strengthened it obesity is peaking.
    Would you rather die of lung cancer at 75 or heart attack at 70 in a hovaround ?
    1. Smoking isn't banned anywhere in the US in your own home. 2. 21% of Americans smoke, by comparison 28% of Chinese people smoke. Obesity rate in the US, 35.7%, obesity rate in China, 5%. So they have 7% more of their population smoking but an obesity rate 30% less. Yes, tobacco does have some appetite suppressive properties but its way less than your simple analysis would indicate. The real cause of obesity in this country is most likely the prevalence of fast food consumption and other unhealthy lifestyles, as well as a more sedentary lifestyle than countries like China where many many more people work jobs requiring manual labor.
    Last edited by Shaudius; 03-21-12 at 10:11 PM.

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    Then how does it explain the fact that countries even more socialist/statist than the US like Japan and China have better education systems than the US as stated in the article?

With BAH and BAS every single member of the military from E-1 on up makes more than medium income for a family of four in this country(when you calculate the value of BAH and BAS). It starts even earlier down the ranks than itchypickle states.

1. Smoking isn't banned anywhere in the US in your own home. 2. 21% of Americans smoke, by comparison 28% of Chinese people smoke. Obesity rate in the US, 35.7%, obesity rate in China, 5%. So they have 7% more of their population smoking but an obesity rate 30% less? Yes tobacco does have some appetite suppression properties but its way less than your simple analysis would indicate. The real cause of obesity in this country is most likely the prevalence of fast food and other unhealthy lifestyles, as well as a more sedentary lifestyle than countries like China where many many more people work jobs requiring manual labor.
    god this guy is smart.. some of you fools need to take his lead..

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

or Russian.

dictator
    . Afghanistan is fought because we believe that's where the 911
    attacks originated from.

YOU (ie your government) supported and helped strengthen the evil dictator. Iran/Iraq war, who was buddy buddy with Saddam? The US was because Saddam was considered the lesser of two evils, Iran being the bigger. It was good having tyrant Saddam around to keep Iran in check. Did the CIA have knowledge of Saddam using biological weapons against his own people (he gassed the Kurds in northern Iraq) while they continued to support him? Pretty sure they did.

rkelly110

Yes, you are correct. The same can be said about the Taliban when the Russians
    were in Afghanistan.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these days US military is full of racially below avg. intelligent whites and hispanics, racially above avg. intelligent blacks, whores who like a lot of attention, and thugs joining to avoid jailtime. Sprinkle in a few patriots.

Don't get me wrong, I think this makes a pretty good military

wikkidinsane

voting is a waste of time

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This is a very interesting thread. I employ a lot of young females 18-20... and a lot have dated a military dude. Of course... the chicks are young... they don't know any better... they think it's cool. Blah blah blah. But anyways... I've had an opportunity to talk with a few of them (small talk) trying to pick there brain a little... and I said... What made you want to join any branch of the military? You know what 90% of them said? I want free college. I said... well what do you mean by that? They said... well if I'm in the military I get free college and it's just easier that way. I said... don't you realize it's a lot more crazier out there? Didn't your parents try to talk you out of going? Majority said... no not really. Actually they were all for it.

I'm bothered by all of these statements for many reasons. 1. Parents aren't teaching there kids sh#$ about what the military is all about. 2. I even told one of the kids... What happens if you end up dead? So much for your free college right? He goes... I never thought of it that way. I said... ahhhhh fearless mentality? I said that's good son. That's what our government wants out of you.

Majority of these guys sit at home and play PS3 all day long and live off of welfare/government support. I use to employ this one knockout broad... (of course I wanted to bang her... never had a chance to though) and she use to tell me all the time... we just sit at home and play PS3 all day long. Apparently times have changed... kids will be kids. My point being... there are a lot of unmotivated kids 18-20. I was never like that... I always wanted to try and be someone. These kids are easily persuaded. Of course our military looks for dumb scouts... so they can brainwash them to their own liking.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

wikkidinsane

It sucks they have to do that for FREE EDUCATION too. If education was free then they wouldnt be so damn stupid.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    It sucks they have to do that for FREE EDUCATION too. If education was free then they wouldnt be so damn stupid.
    education is always free, just not the kind of "education" you get in school/college

i'd rather hire a smart, motivated person with no debt and no college degree than someone of average intelligence with a college degree and 100k of debt that goes along with it. the graduate is probably only working as a slave to the debt, which i suppose is motivation but not necessarily the right kind of motivation.

wikkidinsane

Respect. You just made a really smart comment. I have a lil college debt now and i feel so stupid for doing it. Im a slave to the debt but Im doing a little better

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

this thread.

PickWinnerAllDay

They could have scored a 31+ on their ACT and got a free ride from most large in state schools.

So 4 years of training/risking your life or a couple weeks of studying maybe? I wonder which is easier.

First 123 Last