lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Belmont +3

This line is suspiciously low. I gotta take Belmont here.

Thoughts NCAA guys?

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Belmont is a computer darling. They have a high octain offense, but have played only one tourney team all year, and Memphis beat them by 20. Georgetown are perennial chokers but have an awesome defense. Everyone has Belmont in their brackets. Georgetown is being disrespected.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Georgetown is getting no respect today from bettors and the line makers BECAUSE THEY'RE A FRAUD! All they really have is their tough defense but Belmont can score at will. Some other poster posted that Georgetown has the best 3pt defense in the country but have only faced 3 top 100 3pt shooting teams this year, they played Memphis twice and one other team.

The line is very low here and I'm thinking of taking Belmont ML. 4 guys returning from last years tournament who played in that blowout loss to Wisky. Lost to Duke by 1 earlier this year in Durham. There isn't much value on Belmont +3 in my opinion. Georgetown has the most value here as the higher seed only 3 point favorites but I wouldn't put a penny on them.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Better numbers available?

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Georgetown is getting no respect today from bettors and the line makers BECAUSE THEY'RE A FRAUD! All they really have is their tough defense but Belmont can score at will. Some other poster posted that Georgetown has the best 3pt defense in the country but have only faced 3 top 100 3pt shooting teams this year, they played Memphis twice and one other team.

The line is very low here and I'm thinking of taking Belmont ML. 4 guys returning from last years tournament who played in that blowout loss to Wisky. Lost to Duke by 1 earlier this year in Durham. There isn't much value on Belmont +3 in my opinion. Georgetown has the most value here as the higher seed only 3 point favorites but I wouldn't put a penny on them.
    Belmont, if anyone, is the fraud. Who did they beat that makes them deserve being only 3pt dogs to any tournament team? Memphis took them behind the woodshed (GT beat Memphis twice). Belmont should be 6-7pt dogs. Georgetown, for all their faults, is a legitimate defensive powerhouse.

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Under 63 for 1h seems too good to be true.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

When was the last time you saw a #14 seed getting only 3 points from a #3??? Pisses me off!

I have seen Geot many times this year and I think they are like the mid-pack Big East team, nothing special at all but decent talent and the usual GT defense. FWIW, this team has burned me too often in past Tourneys, might be a bit biased against.

adding* All of this talk about 3pt defense maybe useless. Alot of times a 3 point shooter misses a wide open jumpshot and therefore the defense gets credit!!??? More espn useless statistics to sell tickets IMO. I dont recall them getting after deep shooters any more so than any other decent Big East team.
    Last edited by cbiscuit; 03-16-12 at 12:32 PM.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Since the beginning of the new year Georgetown is 1-4 against teams that average 70 or more pts per game. They have trouble with high scoring and efficient offenses. Belmont averages 82 pts per game and ranked 4th in the nation for scoring. They are also a very good passing team ranked 5th in the nation for assists per game.

Here's Nropp's game review:

Belmont/Georgetown

I’m playing Belmont, and see a ton of value. Georgetown’s defensive #’s are a bit false. Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re a good team, and a 3 seed is probably accurate. But, as it stands they’re currently the #1 ranked defense in terms of guarding the three-pointer. Impressive, right? Maybe to some, but the fact is, they have only played three games this year against a top 100 three-point shooting team. They played Memphis twice, they did win both games, but the neutral game went to OT. The only other team they would have played in that category is Seton Hall, whom they lost to by 18. So, while the defense is good, it’s a bit misleading.

They don’t pressure all that much, so nothing out of the ordinary for Belmont today. They’ll have chances to score, and if you haven’t been paying attention, they’re one of the best offenses in the country and they’re very experienced. I said it yesterday, but I’ll say it again, the Atlantic Sun was stacked this year (look no further than USC Upstate’s stomping of Kent State last night).

The big question here is do I think Belmont is ready to take down a big dog, and my answer is yes. They’re prepared as they went to Duke, Memphis, Marshall, MTSTU a couple times, they played a really good out of conference schedule. They haven’t lost a game since January (coincidentally came against USC Upstate who has only lost one game all year at home), so this team’s on a roll.

Ultimately, within the match-ups, the questions I asked myself were can Belmont match-up with Sims, a pivotal part of the Georgetown offense, and I answered yes, they have multiple players who can guard him and do it well. Do I have a concern? Yah, probably the fact that Belmont hasn’t had much experience playing slow. They were in this spot last year against Wisconsin and couldn’t compete in a 60 possession game losing by 14 (but Wisconsin made more three’s than two-pointers in that game). If Georgetown can do that against a more experienced offensive club than what came to the dance from last year, so be it...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

How any person could put money on Belmont at +3 vs a national powerhouse like Georgetown seems completely idiotic. That is why you take Belmont. If you are trying to make a case for Belmont don't, there isn't one. Look at the line, it's a joke considering so many recreational player are involved here. Sharp side Belmont and if it loses you take your lumps and move on.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    How any person could put money on Belmont at +3 vs a national powerhouse like Georgetown seems completely idiotic. That is why you take Belmont. If you are trying to make a case for Belmont don't, there isn't one. Look at the line, it's a joke considering so many recreational player are involved here. Sharp side Belmont and if it loses you take your lumps and move on.
    You do realize that if you took plays only seemed weird, you'd still lose right?

You can't beat Vegas that way... many on this board try.
    Last edited by PickWinnerAllDay; 03-16-12 at 01:09 PM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I don't like takin a side just because the line is suspicious, See people jumping all over Denver +2 last night and watching their bet lose by double digits.

I need more to justify putting money down. This is a no play right now but I'm leaning Georgetown.

Have you people watched Belmont? What makes you so confident? Who exactly have they beaten?

I feel like Georgetown will beat them up on the glass. Belmont matches up better with a team like Duke than they do with G'Town IMO.

GL.

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I don't like takin a side just because the line is suspicious, See people jumping all over Denver +2 last night and watching their bet lose by double digits.

I need more to justify putting money down. This is a no play right now but I'm leaning Georgetown.

Have you people watched Belmont? What makes you so confident? Who exactly have they beaten?

I feel like Georgetown will beat them up on the glass. Belmont matches up better with a team like Duke than they do with G'Town IMO.

GL.
    Belmont has played 2 top 100 teams. Marshall and Memphis. 1-1

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

We are due for an upset like this. GT ended the season shaky and Belmont can shoot the lights out.

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    We are due for an upset like this. GT ended the season shaky and Belmont can shoot the lights out.
    We are due

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    Belmont has played 2 top 100 teams. Marshall and Memphis. 1-1
    Didn't Memphis run them out of the gym?

So they have beaten Marshall an that's it?

How does that justify taking them against this Georgetown team ?

I understand the line is fishy but why not stay away?

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2599

Too many bettors thinking of the name Georgetown. They have gotten blown out first round last few years, VCU hammered them last year 74-56 as 5 and 1/2 pt favorites.
    Take Belmont +3. line was 4 earlier, now 3. Georgetown NOT a national powerhouse anymore.

EZ

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Think about this, of all the No. 4 seeds, the Hoyas, at -4, are laying the smallest number. In the West, Louisville opened -7.5 and closed a -5.5 favorite. In the Midwest, Indiana laid -6 to New Mexico State. And later tonight, in the South, Michigan is -5.5 against Ohio. Amazing how much the 14 seeds are getting respect these days, but that's how strong the field is this year."

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney View Post
    Too many bettors thinking of the name Georgetown. They have gotten blown out first round last few years, VCU hammered them last year 74-56 as 5 and 1/2 pt favorites.
    Take Belmont +3. line was 4 earlier, now 3. Georgetown NOT a national powerhouse anymore.

EZ
    Belmont has never been a national power.

I just want to know what Belmont has done this year to justify taking them here.

Do you think they match up well?

I'm just trying to figure if you guys capped the game or just took Belmont because Georgetown looks to obvious.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

steam on the over, might just be a "under" play

Eejit
    Eejit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5943

Belmont has never been a national power.

I just want to know what Belmont has done this year to justify taking them here.

Do you think they match up well?

I'm just trying to figure if you guys capped the game or just took Belmont because Georgetown looks to obvious.

They are trying to be "sharp" and take Belmont soley based on the fact that the spread is only 3. Just because GTOWN isn't the same team as previous years what makes Belmont a better team? I haven't seen one person explain to me why it's a good bet besides that GTOWN is the obvious bet.

The play is Georgetown or no play don't overthink this

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't know what to tell you anymore LB. Buddy of mine who doesn't think outside the box at all absolutely killed the tourney yesterday. He had Marquette, Vandy, Murray State, etc. -- basically swept the board and made nearly 10 grand doing so.

This morning he calls and starts laughing about the Cincinnati, NC State and Florida lines. Played each huge and parlayed the three (he's big on parlays, which he hit two of yesterday). This guy normally gets his ass handed to him, but thanks to these horrific lines, he's cleaning house.

This would typically be a spot to hammer Belmont as a 14 seed only getting 3 points, but who knows anymore. I'll say this much: Marquette at -5 yesterday was hands-down the worst line I've ever seen for a basketball game. Just scary bad. Whether or not this Georgetown game eclipses that, I don't know.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

line is correct...computers love belmont and they pretty close to georgetown in models...thats why line is -3.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    line is correct...computers love belmont and they pretty close to georgetown in models...thats why line is -3.
    They don't pass the eye test for me personally. I watched them play Memphis and the game was a joke. Doesn't surprise me that they hung with Duke at Duke because the Devils have no athleticism. I've been off more often than not so far, but I wouldn't touch Belmont here.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    They don't pass the eye test for me personally. I watched them play Memphis and the game was a joke. Doesn't surprise me that they hung with Duke at Duke because the Devils have no athleticism. I've been off more often than not so far, but I wouldn't touch Belmont here.
    Hvae to agree though...belmont has faced shit teams all year...even beat all shit teams in their conference win. Georgetown is on a different level altogether. I know public is on them...but this is a no brainer...georgetown ML.

BigDofBA

Belmont's claim to fame this year was losing to Duke.

I don't think they math up wih Georgetown. They will have to be unconscious shooting the ba to win IMO. We will see.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I love Belmont's offense. They always move around confusing defenses and are a great passing team (and good shooting team)

Only if they had size

BigDofBA

Damn iPhone autocorrect

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Georgetown is pulling away 1/2 way through the 1st half

BigDofBA

This game is going about how I expected.

I'm not sure why you guts take a side just because you can't figure out a number Vegas through out there.

There is still a lot of time left though.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I got +4.5 -115

Slow start for us

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I'm not sure why you guts take a side just because you can't figure out a number Vegas through out there.

There is still a lot of time left though.
    I'd love to hear your method of handicapping games.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I have Belmont ML...my favorite play of day. Doesn't look too good from the start. Lots of time left tho. I'm still confident

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    I have Belmont ML...my favorite play of day. Doesn't look too good from the start. Lots of time left tho. I'm still confident
    Belmont won't quit. Just not sure if heart will be enough. Looking like yet another horrific Vegas line, joining Murray State, Marquette, Florida, NC State, Cincinnati, Vandy, etc. as lopsided disasters for the books.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Still in good shape here

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My buddy "let it ride" and basically put all of his winnings on Georgetown (about 8 grand). This guy couldn't pick his nose and doesn't know anything about college hoops. Just slamming faves, teases and ML parlays.

123 Last