Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Oh irony

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

[QUOTE=Mikail;14109801]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Mikail.........check in pal.

I don't have any link on hand. I thought it was common knowledge though that he is bisexual. I've heard stories about some of his parties he threw in LA in the 80's. They where notoriously gay parties. Then there are the rumors of Magic and Isaih Thomas gay sex together. It's no big secret that Magic Johnson has had sex with men. In fact i'm suprised you don't know of this being that your a Lakers fan.
    So.......you base your factual statement upon rumor. Ok.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Why? You would take Magic's story on the moneyline? Seems highly unlikely...

Read it, know it, love it! Enough said

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

The above stats are all you need to know. For reasons beyond me, the media, US governement and general population want to ignore these facts. People are so brainwashed thatit's ridiculous. Those figures aren't made up.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    Read it, know it, love it! Enough said
    I have no idea where your getting your numbers but... During 2009, there were an estimated 42,959 new diagnoses of HIV infection in the 40 states and five dependent areas. Adult or adolescent males accounted for three-quarters of new HIV diagnoses. The main transmission route among males was male-to-male sexual contact (74%), followed by heterosexual contact (14%) and injecting drug use (8%). Among female adult and adolescents, 84.9% were infected through heterosexual contact and 14.8% through injecting drug use.

So what do you tell the 10,000 + people that are not gay that got HIV in 2009??

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I have no idea where your getting your numbers but... During 2009, there were an estimated 42,959 new diagnoses of HIV infection in the 40 states and five dependent areas. Adult or adolescent males accounted for three-quarters of new HIV diagnoses. The main transmission route among males was male-to-male sexual contact (74%), followed by heterosexual contact (14%) and injecting drug use (8%). Among female adult and adolescents, 84.9% were infected through heterosexual contact and 14.8% through injecting drug use.

Almost all of those were women who contracted the virus from infected men. I don't really have a dog in the fight, but what is the point of dragging the discussion from epidemiology and polluting it with personal politics? Science says males almost never contract HIV through heterosexual sex. Why is that offensive?

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

FACTS from livestrong.com ...

"HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. HIV causes AIDS, which stands for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. A person can have HIV without having AIDS: AIDS is diagnosed when a person with HIV meets a certain set of criteria indicating an extremely weakened immune system.
    Misconceptions

Although the terms HIV and AIDS have been around for over two decades, myths and misconceptions continue to spread. An especially common myth is that HIV can only infect gay men or only infect intravenous drug users. Another common set of misconceptions concerns the way HIV is transmitted. It was once thought and feared that HIV could be transmitted by a handshake with an HIV-infected person; a hug with an HIV-infected person; or touching a doorknob used by an HIV-infected person. Even mosquitoes were feared as potential HIV transmitters. In reality, AIDS can only be spread via exposure to blood, vaginal fluid, semen, or mother's milk that is infected with HIV. The saliva of a person infected with HIV does contain a small amount of HIV virus but is not an issue unless either person has open cuts or sores in his mouth. Finally, mosquitoes, while they can carry other viral infections, do not transmit the HIV virus."

My own understanding is that once infected with HIV, which won't kill you, it can easily take 10+ years to transform to AIDS which will horribly kill you. And that once infected with HIV, if you changed your lifestyle, stayed active and fit, ate healthy, took advantage of whatever meds are available, etc., you may never get AIDS even though you are HIV positive. Thus, Magic being a big strong guy vs being a skinny crackhead, am sure he changed his lifestyle, appears to be active and fit and has access to the best gyms & trainers and/or has his own, plus the access to the best healthcare money can buy = Magic is just fine.

As far as all the girlie gossip about the man's sex life ... TMI ... if he did Isiah or Eddie Murphy, I don't need nor do I want to know. What a consenting adult does with another consenting adult should not be any one else's business or concern. And for sure not here in a forum for folks trying win NBA bets.

And as far as him making his bed, no one knew about the disease when he was frolicking, so it wasn't like he knew but was careless about what he was doing. We knew about many STD's and such, and all of them were treatable. Perhaps the man was careless and carefee in his pursuit of sexual pleasure, he wasn't careless about getting AIDS as he nor the public were aware back then.

In any case, surely don't believe anyone HIV+ or who has AIDS deserve what they got, any more than someone who got lung cancer from smoking. If we elect to do something to ourselves for pleasure, there's no comfort in a human body subsequently suffering a hideous disease. Would be nice if there was no disease, but since there is a disease, just don't be ignorant.

Now back to the NBA, Pacers were a solid play tonight, will they be solid again tomorrow when Philly comes in?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

too much reading.

a dick in your butt = bad things happen to you

been that way for thousands of years. Read it, know it, love it! Enough said

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=William Walters;14111243]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post

So.......you base your factual statement upon rumor. Ok.
    I'm not interested in smearing Magic Johnson's name although it is on good info that he has engaged in homosexual acts and coincidentally he has also contracted the virus known to cause AIDS. Whether or not people want to accept it or not.

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    As far as all the girlie gossip about the man's sex life ... TMI ... if he did Isiah or Eddie Murphy, I don't need nor do I want to know. What a consenting adult does with another consenting adult should not be any one else's business or concern. And for sure not here in a forum for folks trying win NBA bets.
    What makes his story interesting is the cultural aspect. Magic was an HIV political atomic bomb dropped on the world. By lying about his sexuality (most likely), he brought it to the forefront of our social collective conscious and is responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of financial support for the HIV/AIDS cause. Is that ethical?

Are feelings more important than facts? Is sensitivity more important than truth? I don't know.

In any case, surely don't believe anyone HIV+ or who has AIDS deserve what they got, any more than someone who got lung cancer from smoking.
    This is exactly what most people believe. Human nature. Lung Cancer is one of the biggest killers in this country, yet there is almost zero funding for research when compared to other types of cancer. Why? Most of us believe those who end up with lung cancer probably deserve to die, so give me 6 more pink ribbons for my car instead.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

this fool really believes magic has aids!

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What makes his story interesting is the cultural aspect. Magic was an HIV political atomic bomb dropped on the world. By lying about his sexuality (most likely), he brought it to the forefront of our social collective conscious and is responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of financial support for the HIV/AIDS cause. Is that ethical?

Are feelings more important than facts? Is sensitivity more important than truth? I don't know.

This is exactly what most people believe. Human nature. Lung Cancer is one of the biggest killers in this country, yet there is almost zero funding for research when compared to other types of cancer. Why? Most of us believe those who end up with lung cancer probably deserve to die, so give me 6 more pink ribbons for my car instead.
    I wouldn't say they deserve to die, but most people do not have sympathy for those who suffer because of actions THEY, themselves would not take.

Perfect example for this forum, if someone loses everything they have gambling, some, if not most of us on this board will have sympathy for them. People who do not gamble generally will not have sympathy for that person.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    never knew magic was banging dudes..
    RearLoaded check in pal...

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

.....This is exactly what most people believe. Human nature. Lung Cancer is one of the biggest killers in this country, yet there is almost zero funding for research when compared to other types of cancer. Why? Most of us believe those who end up with lung cancer probably deserve to die, so give me 6 more pink ribbons for my car instead.
    Interesting point.

You are correct about lung cancer too, except that lung cancer is THE #1 killer in the country in both males and females. So even worse that it's not made as big of a deal in all circles. The problem is that exposure for breast cancer and prostate cancer take the limelight since they are the most common in women and men respectively, however they still don't cause death the most often.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just because you smoke, doesn't mean you'll get cancer.
    Just because you don't smoke, doesn't mean you won't get cancer.

Murderers, rapists, violent felons, child molesters ... they deserve to get diseases.

A human who enjoys smoking, perverted sex or even compulsive gambling are sick people. They don't harm other people. They only harm themselves, so don't see how they deserve to die like serial killers who do. Yet everyone (for the most part) has the freedom to do with their bodies what they want to do, and freedom is good. If you don't like freedom, move to the Middle East.

Tobacco companies make trillions on their product which is linked to cancer, that they flat out lied about to Congress. Perhaps if you lie and profit from a product that kills people, you are the one responsible. Aren't you? Thus, I'd agree if you said the CEO's of the tobacco companies deserve to die of lung cancer, as they are the killers. The Marlboro Man, the Cowboy, not a killer, doesn't deserve that.

Now all the Bookies, what they sell is a service like stock brokers. It's like, the bookie is making a commission on every trade. Everyone who bets pays juice on every play, right? Even if you win, the payouts are reduced to reflect the vig. And the inside information of the sports industry rivals that of Wall Street, where unless you have the inside information, you are perilously, seriously at risk. The inside info wins. The public loses. The game is meant for the public to lose. The public cannot beat the house, because the house has a lot deeper pockets than the public. It's a crap shoot. Even if you win 2 out of 3 on the don't pass, you're still down the juice!

So do bookies who profit deserve a disease for enabling destructive compulsive gambling? Well let's just say the ones on the blacklist probably do, if they're cheaters destroying people by strealing their money. The ones who don't cheat/steal then no as they'e not pulling any triggers per se.

Sex between 2 (or more) adults, which may or may not involve selling and profiting, is just life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. How do they deserve an unnatural death? That's some harsh thinking. I don't think that way as I too am a mere mortal, and but for the grace of God there goes I.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 03-14-12 at 02:40 PM.

heemtj
    heemtj's Avatar Become A Pro!

this thread is ridiculous lmaooo

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Just because you smoke, doesn't mean you'll get cancer.
    Just because you don't smoke, doesn't mean you won't get cancer.

Murderers, rapists, violent felons, child molesters ... they deserve to get diseases.

A human who enjoys smoking, perverted sex or even compulsive gambling are sick people. They don't harm other people. They only harm themselves, so don't see how they deserve to die like serial killers who do. Yet everyone (for the most part) has the freedom to do with their bodies what they want to do, and freedom is good. If you don't like freedom, move to the Middle East.

Tobacco companies make trillions on their product which is linked to cancer, that they flat out lied about to Congress. Perhaps if you lie and profit from a product that kills people, you are the one responsible. Aren't you? Thus, I'd agree if you said the CEO's of the tobacco companies deserve to die of lung cancer, as they are the killers. The Marlboro Man, the Cowboy, not a killer, doesn't deserve that.

Now all the Bookies, what they sell is a service like stock brokers. It's like, the bookie is making a commission on every trade. Everyone who bets pays juice on every play, right? Even if you win, the payouts are reduced to reflect the vig. And the inside information of the sports industry rivals that of Wall Street, where unless you have the inside information, you are perilously, seriously at risk. The inside info wins. The public loses. The game is meant for the public to lose. The public cannot beat the house, because the house has a lot deeper pockets than the public. It's a crap shoot. Even if you win 2 out of 3 on the don't pass, you're still down the juice!

So do bookies who profit deserve a disease for enabling destructive compulsive gambling? Well let's just say the ones on the blacklist probably do, if they're cheaters destroying people by strealing their money. The ones who don't cheat/steal then no as they'e not pulling any triggers per se.

Sex between 2 (or more) adults, which may or may not involve selling and profiting, is just life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. How do they deserve an unnatural death? That's some harsh thinking. I don't think that way as I too am a mere mortal, and but for the grace of God there goes I.
    I look at it as in I have a limited supply of sympathy... and my sympathy will always go towards people who die at no fault of their own.

If someone has unprotected sex with someone they don't know well enough, especially anal sex and gets aids... you know, that is their own fault. They probably knew the risk going in but decided the pleasure was worth it.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    you forget that everything -- AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING -- that has a hole in Africa gets fukked. that's how they do it over there.

lmao ....nice one baskets.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Almost all of those were women who contracted the virus from infected men. I don't really have a dog in the fight, but what is the point of dragging the discussion from epidemiology and polluting it with personal politics? Science says males almost never contract HIV through heterosexual sex. Why is that offensive?
    Did you even read what I posted? 14% of the 42,959 new diagnoses of HIV was heterosexual males getting it from a female partner. That's over 6,000 males that got HIV from females.

Does it really matter if the female got it from a gay male? Bottom line is that if you screw a woman with the virus unprotected then there is a chance that you will get it as well. To think otherwise is stupid is as stupid does. Hell there are known cases of getting HIV through saliva from going down on a woman as well. The risk is much smaller but why would you take any chances?

Wrap it up and stop throwing the crap dice with your dick.

Ernie Mccracken

Did you even read what I posted? 14% of the 42,959 new diagnoses of HIV was heterosexual males getting it from a female partner. That's over 6,000 males that got HIV from females.
    Where did that figure come from? The number from the CDC is 2,711. Even so, many believe 2,711 is grossly overstated due to the social stigma associated with homosexuality and IV drug use, particularly within the black/latino communities. Considering there are 1.1 million people with HIV and hundreds of millions of people having sex with each other, 2,700 is a rounding error.

Does it really matter if the female got it from a gay male? Bottom line is that if you screw a woman with the virus unprotected then there is a chance that you will get it as well. To think otherwise is stupid is as stupid does. Hell there are known cases of getting HIV through saliva from going down on a woman as well. The risk is much smaller but why would you take any chances?

Wrap it up and stop throwing the crap dice with your dick.

It only matters as a point of truth. I wear a seatbelt because there is a 50:1 chance I'll be involved in a serious collison within the next year as a result of driver error, not because I'm afraid of make believe "unintended acceleration" that was everyone's fear a couple years ago. Just like with HIV/AIDS, there was a small group of politicians and individuals who raked in massive profits through the spread of misinformation. I don't like being a target of fear mongering.

At best estimate, you have a 1 in 5 million chance of contracting hiv should you choose to have unprotected sex with a random woman (says the AMA). In my mind, that doesn't represent a significant risk. There are lots of great reasons to practice safe sex (like 19 MILLION new sti cases each year), but guarding from female --> male HIV transmission is pretty far down the list. Happy humping.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

May I please get a link to at least ONE of the "men worldwide" speaking out about their sexual encounters with Magic? I mean....obviously....if he was a "queer having sex with men worldwide" at least ONE of these "queers" would have gone public for money and/or publicity since the 1980's....right? Thanks pal.
    They all probably died from AIDS long ago.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Guys unbelievable....Convinced front office to take on all that payroll. Unfukkinreal

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

HGH is the cure to aids

Get on it

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

$$$ turns HIV into HIV-FREE remember that.

First 123