NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

If I Am Jerry Buss and the Lakers Wouldn't I Rather Trade Andrew Bynum?

Think about it. Pau Gasol is actually still pretty gifted and at age 31 still has at least a good 3-4 seasons left in him. If you don't think the Lakers are going to see a huge drop off in points, defense and rebounds with him gone you are crazy.

Now I know Andrew Bynum has become a stud in low post scoring, rebounds and defense this year and is progressing nicely at this point in his life. But in his last last five full seasons the guy has only played 35, 50, 65, 54 and 36 games respectively. He somehow miraculously stays injury free (so far luckily) and now all of a sudden his health isn't an issue anymore?

You know with Gasol you're gonna get durability along with rebounds, hustle, blocked shots, solid post up play and a solid outside jump shot. Bynum is still unproven health wise for a full season. Doesn't it make more sense for the Lakers to trade Andrew now that his value is at an all-time high?

Think about it....Nets would gladly take Bynum and a second round pick and Steve Blake for Deron Williams and Kris Humphries. Lakers would make bank on that trade. Deron Williams would definitely sign a long-term deal with the Lakers if he knew he had a shot at a ring.

Or how about Andrew Bynum and Steve Blake for Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard? Or for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola and Dragic?

What am I missing here?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Think about it. Pau Gasol is actually still pretty gifted and at age 31 still has at least a good 3-4 seasons left in him. If you don't think the Lakers are going to see a huge drop off in points, defense and rebounds with him gone you are crazy.

Now I know Andrew Bynum has become a stud in low post scoring, rebounds and defense this year and is progressing nicely at this point in his life. But in his last last five full seasons the guy has only played 35, 50, 65, 54 and 36 games respectively. He somehow miraculously stays injury free (so far luckily) and now all of a sudden his health isn't an issue anymore?

You know with Gasol you're gonna get durability along with rebounds, hustle, blocked shots, solid post up play and a solid outside jump shot. Bynum is still unproven health wise for a full season. Doesn't it make more sense for the Lakers to trade him now that his value is at an all-time high?

Think about it....Nets would gladly take Bynum and a second round pick and Steve Blake for Deron Williams and Kris Humphries. Lakers would make bank on that trade. Deron Williams would definitely sign a long-term deal with the Lakers if he knew he had a shot at a ring.

Or how about Andrew Bynum and Steve Blake for Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard? Or for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola and Dragic?

What am I missing here?

magic are not making this trade...why do you trade a top 3 center when he's not even 25? However, his knees should scare the lakers.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

you will get smashed for saying it, but I totally agree. I said they should have traded Bynum a year ago. Now his value has gone up. But for his age to be as injury prone as he is is a bad sign. He will age horribly. The Lakers are going for NOW. Pau has more seasons left than Kobe, so as long as kobe is still going for it Pau will be good. I would give Bynum and everything the magic wanted for Dwight. Dwight/Pau/Kobe and then they are point guard away from a few rings.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    magic are not making this trade...why do you trade a top 3 center when he's not even 25? However, his knees should scare the lakers.
    Because you are getting Dwight Howard back who is the league's BEST CENTER!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

1. jerrys no longer running the lakers, its his idiot son jimbo.

2. jim is in love no infatuated with bynum, cause it was his pick.

3. stern will never allow it.

NYSportsGuy210

Think about the trade they make with New Jersey too. We know Deron is not signing back with the Brooklyn/NJ Nets.....so why don't they trade for him and get back Bynum in return?

Lakers starting 5 would also be solid and well-rounded.....PG -Deron Williams, SG - Kobe "All-World" Bryant, SF - (whoever), PF - Kris Humphries C -Gasol.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    1. jerrys no longer running the lakers, its his idiot son jimbo.

2. jim is in love no infatuated with bynum, cause it was his pick.

3. stern will never allow it.

I don't agree with reason #3. Bynum's stock and value has been sky rocketing. Now is the perfect time for the Lakers to get away with one of these trade scenarios. Andrew could be seriously injured in another two weeks for a ll we know and everyone will be looking back to this time and regret not unloading him when they had the chance.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

4. gasoft will be traded cause hes worn out his welcome with lakers fans by choking last post season and with kobe after his latest tirade.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

if dwight wanted to stay....hed have signed by now.....i just dont understand teams who decide to ride out guys they know arent coming back(ie mets with reyes last year)....yet the mets were able to flip beltran for a top pitching prospect in zach wheeler.....i saw something where it was mentioned how the magic owner is 85 years old and might decide going into the playoffs with howard and praying for a hail mary might be worth more to him than dealing him.....just stupid imo

bynum for howard just makes so much sense.....although bynum for deron makes almost just as much.....

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

and i'll tell you how soft gasoft is....... lakers coach mike brown was on rome recently talking about how he caught gasoft on his laptop reading twitter all day. had to basically ban the guy from using his laptop cause he was so obsessed with all the trade rumors involving him. just stop worrying about it and go out and play you soft mofo!

dmitean
    dmitean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3106

Why would Nets make such a deal? So they have Lopez and Bynum??? Now what?

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Thank you Bill Simmons! From his annual trade column....lol

21. Andrew Bynum
    Has there ever been a better "We'd be selling high if we traded him right now" example? From 2007 through 2011, Bynum played 35, 50, 65 and 54 games. Miraculously, he's played 35 consecutive games this season … in a lockout-shortened season, no less! We keep hearing that Jimmy Dolan 2.0 (a.k.a. Jimmy Buss) won't trade Bynum because that's his guy, but man, wouldn't it make sense to flip a healthy-right-now-at-this-moment Bynum for a point guard and/or multiple pieces for one last three-year run behind Kobe and Gasol? What am I missing? Could you get Lowry, Chase Budinger and Luis Scola for him? What about Nash and Gortat? What about Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert? What about Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Jeff Teague? What about Elton Brand, Nik Vucevic and Evan Turner for Bynum and cap fodder? What about … ?

20. Deron Williams
    Yeah, what about Deron Williams??? Isn't "Bynum and Steve Blake for Deron and Johan Petro" the single most logical basketball trade any two teams could make right now? Why aren't the Nets frantically trying to trade Williams for a proven name instead of crossing their fingers for the Dwight/Deron era? Why does Williams seem so content to waste his prime running plays for Lakers castoffs and Kardashian castoffs? Why would he ever in a million years re-sign with the Nets unless he thought someone else was coming? Issomeone else coming? Why are NBA insiders equally adamant that (a) Dwight and Deron are going to Dallas, and (b) Dwight and Deron are going to Brooklyn? Why does Jay-Z hold so much sway over this situation when he owns 1 percent more of the Nets than you do? Who's going to root for the Brooklyn Nets when we just proved with Linsanity yet again that everyone in New York loves the Knicks? What's going on here? Seriously, what's going on here? Why can't I stop asking questions? Could someone slap me in the back of the head like a wonky TV screen?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by dmitean View Post
    Why would Nets make such a deal? So they have Lopez and Bynum??? Now what?
    exactly. NJ moving to NY next season and Nets surely won't risk it. nets need Howard to come to NY that would be nasty dwill and howard would own the east.

NYSportsGuy210

Yea but do you really think Dwight Howard want to come to the Nets? From all indications he wants to stay in Orlando but have a better supporting cast or go to a contender. Deron won't even consider signing with the Nets unless D12 guarantees he is coming.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    Thank you Bill Simmons! From his annual trade column....lol

21. Andrew Bynum
    Has there ever been a better "We'd be selling high if we traded him right now" example? From 2007 through 2011, Bynum played 35, 50, 65 and 54 games. Miraculously, he's played 35 consecutive games this season … in a lockout-shortened season, no less! We keep hearing that Jimmy Dolan 2.0 (a.k.a. Jimmy Buss) won't trade Bynum because that's his guy, but man, wouldn't it make sense to flip a healthy-right-now-at-this-moment Bynum for a point guard and/or multiple pieces for one last three-year run behind Kobe and Gasol? What am I missing? Could you get Lowry, Chase Budinger and Luis Scola for him? What about Nash and Gortat? What about Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert? What about Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Jeff Teague? What about Elton Brand, Nik Vucevic and Evan Turner for Bynum and cap fodder? What about … ?

20. Deron Williams
    Yeah, what about Deron Williams??? Isn't "Bynum and Steve Blake for Deron and Johan Petro" the single most logical basketball trade any two teams could make right now? Why aren't the Nets frantically trying to trade Williams for a proven name instead of crossing their fingers for the Dwight/Deron era? Why does Williams seem so content to waste his prime running plays for Lakers castoffs and Kardashian castoffs? Why would he ever in a million years re-sign with the Nets unless he thought someone else was coming? Issomeone else coming? Why are NBA insiders equally adamant that (a) Dwight and Deron are going to Dallas, and (b) Dwight and Deron are going to Brooklyn? Why does Jay-Z hold so much sway over this situation when he owns 1 percent more of the Nets than you do? Who's going to root for the Brooklyn Nets when we just proved with Linsanity yet again that everyone in New York loves the Knicks? What's going on here? Seriously, what's going on here? Why can't I stop asking questions? Could someone slap me in the back of the head like a wonky TV screen?
    i like bill simmons...i really do....but sometimes he gets a little too brave and wreckless in acting like hes the most sensible guy ever when it comes to making nba personnel decisions....the guys has lobbied for years how someone should hand him the keys to an nba franchise over half of the guys that actually run them

but he had an article a few weeks ago slamming danny ainge.....and at one point he killed ainge for taking jr giddens over deandre jordan and talked about jordans merits.....and me and a buddy went back and looked at the archive of his nba draft article from 08...and he talked negatively about jordan, said it would be better to pass on a guy like him, and lobbied for chris douglas roberts...who isnt even in the league anymore

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Yea but do you really think Dwight Howard want to come to the Nets?
    if he wants to win some games, nba could be setting up a huge NY vs NY rivalry here with the Knicks and Nets both getting good over the next season

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Bynum is like half shaq right now and only getting better....
    Get rid of the spanish marshmellow...

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

magic wouldn't give up howard and nelson for bynum and blake

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Scola and Lowry Would be awesome

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Granger and hibbert for bynum???? Wtf were u thinking

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Granger and hibbert for bynum???? Wtf were u thinking
    \

If I am the Lakers I make that trade in a heart beat.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

\

If I am the Lakers I make that trade in a heart beat.
    No shit but that would be one of the worst trades indiana could possibly ever make. Granger is better than bynum himself and hibbert is only getting better.

NYSportsGuy210

What is the Lakers throw in Metta and a first round draft pick?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

doubt any big names getting traded
    They are going to take a shot in off season meaning Orlando hoping to resign them

NYSportsGuy210

Okay I think I got a solid 3way trade that is plausible for all sides involved. This is of course, assuming the fact that the NJ/Brooklyn Nets can't get D12 or Deron Williams as a result not being able to sign D12.

Lakers trade to Philadelphia
    : PG -Steve Blake C - Andrew Bynum and a second round pick

Philadelphia Trades to New Jersey
    : PG -Lou Williams SG/SF - Evan Turner

NJ Trades to Los Angeles: PF - Kris Humphries PG -Deron Williams (gets re-signed first)

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I agree. I think Bynum is more valuable than Gasol (younger and arguably better right now), but Bynum's value is higher than it's ever been and you never know when he'll get injured again.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Otis smith is now in the running for worst GM in the league.

You have a chance at the 2nd best center in the league, who is dominant when he gets touches, and you know you have zero chance of resigning Howard, but you keep him?

zsr

Yea but do you really think Dwight Howard want to come to the Nets? From all indications he wants to stay in Orlando but have a better supporting cast or go to a contender. Deron won't even consider signing with the Nets unless D12 guarantees he is coming.
    Yes Howard wants to go to new jersey. He'll end up there or Dallas in the off season.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Okay I think I got a solid 3way trade that is plausible for all sides involved. This is of course, assuming the fact that the NJ/Brooklyn Nets can't get D12 or Deron Williams as a result not being able to sign D12.

Lakers trade to Philadelphia
    : PG -Steve Blake C - Andrew Bynum and a second round pick

Philadelphia Trades to New Jersey
    : PG -Lou Williams SG/SF - Evan Turner

NJ Trades to Los Angeles: PF - Kris Humphries PG -Deron Williams (gets re-signed first)
    bynum aint going anywhere unless its for dwight. jim wont allow it.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    bynum aint going anywhere unless its for dwight. jim wont allow it.
    Yea but Jim is not doing what is in the best interest for the Laker organization. You can still win in the next 2-3 years with Kobe and Gasol as your cornerstones.....Lakers just need a younger more talented supporting cast. Humphries, Deron and some good draft picks can be that answer.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

dude your off on that one. bynum is peaking.

zsr

I think Jim would make that deron trade.

New jersey hasn't given any indication that there trading deron though because they still think they get Dwight.

Pick'nParlays

LAL is in a unique position bc both big men are injury prone. He is a liability but Gasol aint much better. ABC gave us two teams that are on the way down due to injuries, age, egos.

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    dude your off on that one. bynum is peaking.
    this was in response to bynum being traded before gasol. nada w. deron

NYSportsGuy210

Gasol way more durable than Bynum. Not even close.

12 Last