C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Imagine the Culture clash for Jeremy Lin

I wonder how this guy fits into a NBA locker room. Imagine the hip hop blasting before the game, gun slinging Gilbert Arenas, brothers laughing and joking about how they banged 3 tricks last night and then a Christian 4.0 GPA Harvard Asian Virgin.

Lin
    Asian
    Virgin
    Christian
    From the West Coast
    From a nerdy middle class area
    Harvard
    4.0 GPA
    Guy already has plans for after the NBA

Typical NBA player

Black
    Bangs women in 32 cities every night
    Worships the almighty dollar
    Mostly from the East coast
    Mostly from the ghetto
    Got paid to go to Big East Schools/ACC/SEC schools
    average NBA player had aids do their tests/papers for them, can barley speak english
    No thought in the world a day past tomorrow

I wonder if his teammates like him, bond with him and joke around with him. How much does he really have in common with Carmelo Anthony or Tyson Chandler? Those guys had totally different paths in life.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I bet Carmelo let's Jeremy sniff La La's panties and twat before tip off tomorrow night.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I wonder how this guy fits into a NBA locker room. Imagine the hip hop blasting before the game, gun slinging Gilbert Arenas, brothers laughing and joking about how they banged 3 tricks last night and then a Christian 4.0 GPA Harvard Asian Virgin.

Lin
    Asian
    Virgin
    Christian
    From the West Coast
    Harvard
    4.0 GPA

Typical NBA player

Black
    Mostly from the ghetto
    average NBA player had aids do their tests/papers for them, can barley speak english

I wonder if his teammates like him, bond with him and joke around with him. How much does he really have in common with Carmelo Anthony or Tyson Chandler? Those guys had totally different paths in life.
    Since you like to keep talking about how dumb NBA players are..... You should realize the difference between BARLEY and BARELY. Barley is a grain, in the grass family, mostly used in cereal. Fukkin goof ball. Calling people stupid

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Can BARLEY speak english. maybe YOU should have an aid type your post for you

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They bond over fried chicken and watermelon.

theblueprint
    theblueprint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

jesus man. this made me cringe just reading it....i really hope you dont think like this

Monter
    Monter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Lin
    Asian
    Virgin
    Christian
    From the West Coast
    Harvard
    4.0 GPA

Typical NBA player

Black
    Mostly from the ghetto

All you need to read to realize institutional racism is alive and well in the United States.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

how did people bond with david robinson, tebow, reggie white, kurt warner?

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Don't know about the original post...but NY needs to look at what's going on. With Melo and Stoud. out, the Knicks are playing team ball...great ball movement, better defense, and guys are stepping up.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Donger will adjust. Move on.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

They are talking about parties while Jeremy Lin is busy playing PSP.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

If there's a culture clash it's that Lin is relatively "poor" and lives on his brother's couch while most of his teammates are insanely rich and live in mansions.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by theblueprint View Post
    jesus man. this made me cringe just reading it....i really hope you dont think like this
    unfortunately he really does. the guy is as sharp as a limp dick on sideloader's computer screen.

MARVEL
    MARVEL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 935

Here we go again. And we wonder why people complain about racism.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I bet Carmelo let's Jeremy sniff La La's panties and twat before tip off tomorrow night.

Roosterfosho
    Roosterfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5360

It's the truth. I don't know the exact statistic, but I read somewhere that the average NBA player has 2-3 illegitimate children. They are pretty dumb, but football players definitely take the cake.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

op is 100% correct.

nba players are about as smart a bag of nails. Can you imagine Kepler taking a shiit? Well, you take that pile of shit and test it for it's IQ.... and the IQ of that pile of Kepler's shit would be twice as high as the average NBA player.

The thing about Chin, though, the guy is probably one of those Chinese Eminem characters. I can't say 'chi******', cuz the PC police will ban me again. I wonder if he talks sideways out of his mouth with all verbs conjugated incorrectly.

But having Chin in the Nba is probably good for business and it's a sort of affirmative action in the NBA ... like throwing token white guys on the nba dream teams of old (minus Larry Bird).

Unfortunately, I think Chin's presence is keeping another guy (read regular, legit NBA guy) out of the league... and putting him most likely in jail. So Chin is actually doing a disservice...

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    All you need to read to realize institutional racism is alive and well in the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    unfortunately he really does. the guy is as sharp as a limp dick on sideloader's computer screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MARVEL View Post
    Here we go again. And we wonder why people complain about racism.
    What?

Educated asians live a far different lifestyle than uneducated blacks. Jeremy Lin has gone from being an asian athletic nerd at the greatest university in the world to being a pro basketball player with a bunch of rich black guys who spend millions of dollars on models and bottles. Of course there's going to be a culture shock, he's never been around such men and he's never experienced this lifestyle.

How can you call that racism? It's a fact.

baskets

I wonder if he talks like this?

Really, all you have to do is watch that video and .... Whatever happened to society?

baskets

---
    Last edited by baskets; 02-09-12 at 11:54 PM. Reason: etc

baskets

baskets

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Lin
    Asian
    Virgin
    Christian
    From the West Coast
    Harvard
    4.0 GPA

Typical NBA player

Black
    Mostly from the ghetto

You've got to be kidding me. Yea maybe in the past, but he is an adult male playing KNICKS fkn basketball in New York. And I'm sure the bimbos there do not care about the Knicks 11-15 record. He, along with any of his teammates, can get pussy without even opening their eyes.

theblueprint

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    What?

Educated asians live a far different lifestyle than uneducated blacks. Jeremy Lin has gone from being an asian athletic nerd at the greatest university in the world to being a pro basketball player with a bunch of rich black guys who spend millions of dollars on models and bottles. Of course there's going to be a culture shock, he's never been around such men and he's never experienced this lifestyle.

How can you call that racism? It's a fact.
    It's amazing that you don't see a problem with this statement. What makes you think every black guy on the Knicks is uneducated? Why do you think young black guys hold the same things (ie popping bottles) in high regard when they get money? Did you read the OPs original post? It was full of broad stereotypes.

And FTR its plain ol ignorance, not racism.

ordonezv
    ordonezv's Avatar Become A Pro!

lin

j lin the next tebow?

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Lakers b2b on the road, and they struggled against the sluggish Celtics?
    Knicks are going to wreck their assholes.

Iced

What makes you think every black guy on the Knicks is uneducated?
    The GPA and SAT scores of black kids playing D1 basketball is quite low. Most of them also come from poor socioeconomic backgrounds -- a group that is also very uneducated. Unless the Knicks black guys somehow bucked that trend, then it's safe to assume that most of them are pretty stupid. Oh yeah, and there's a bunch of statistics about how NBA players have an extremely high divorce and bankruptcy rate after retiring too.

Why do you think young black guys hold the same things (ie popping bottles) in high regard when they get money?
    Black culture most likely.

Did you read the OPs original post? It was full of broad stereotypes. And FTR its plain ol ignorance, not racism.
    Stereotypes happen to be true a lot of the time.

theblueprint

Stereotypes happen to be true a lot of the time.
    This basically sums up everything you were saying. Because stereotypes do hold true for a portion of a group it is ok to judge an entire group because there are some within that group that do fall into that category. If you feel that is ok then there isnt much i can really say to you. People will continue to judge off of minimal information and me writing an essay wont change that.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

everybody can't wait to point out racial differences, but i'm just pumped that the knicks won't be so goddamned frustrating to watch, i wanna see movement, tired of these stale teams like celtics and knicks and sometimes portland standing around like pussies.
    i do not care if he is an aborigine who worships hindu gods.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

All this fame will get to him eventually. In a year he'll be tattooed, wearing a headband, and dating Kim Kardashian.

theblueprint

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    everybody can't wait to point out racial differences, but i'm just pumped that the knicks won't be so goddamned frustrating to watch, i wanna see movement, tired of these stale teams like celtics and knicks and sometimes portland standing around like pussies.
    i do not care if he is an aborigine who worships hindu gods.
    Exactly man. Let's just stick to sports.

ephi408
    ephi408's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you ever need proof that racism still exists in America, just look at an internet forum.

Iced

This basically sums up everything you were saying. Because stereotypes do hold true for a portion of a group it is ok to judge an entire group because there are some within that group that do fall into that category. If you feel that is ok then there isnt much i can really say to you. People will continue to judge off of minimal information and me writing an essay wont change that.
    Ah, right. Statistics are ignorant/racist. I doubt you have any problem stereotyping certain groups of people. Would it be ignorant or racist to stereotype that an individual who belongs to a group of Jewish Ivy League-educated Wall Street bankers as smart? No. That would be a safe assumption and a probably correct stereotype. Jewish people who graduated from Ivy League colleges and make seven figures per year are usually smart, no?

Then why is it racist to stereotype black men who come from poor socioeconomic backgrounds and work in an occupation where a lot of the men party all the time and eventually become bankrupt as stupid or dumb? There's certainly a slim chance that the Knicks players have deviated so far from the mean that they are intellectual equals of Jeremy Lin, but that's not likely in the least.

There's also the fact that the average Asian IQ is over 20 points higher than the average African-American IQ....

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Ah, right. Statistics are ignorant/racist. I doubt you have any problem stereotyping certain groups of people. Would it be ignorant or racist to stereotype that an individual who belongs to a group of Jewish Ivy League-educated Wall Street bankers as smart? No. That would be a safe assumption and a probably correct stereotype. Jewish people who graduated from Ivy League colleges and make seven figures per year are usually smart, no?

Then why is it racist to stereotype black men who come from poor socioeconomic backgrounds and work in an occupation where a lot of the men party all the time and eventually become bankrupt as stupid or dumb? There's certainly a slim chance that the Knicks players have deviated so far from the mean that they are intellectual equals of Jeremy Lin, but that's not likely in the least.

There's also the fact that the average Asian IQ is over 20 points higher than the average African-American IQ....
    alright you made your point, you think blacks are dumb, now STFU

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

You think this dude got this good and did not at least play AAU and somehow missed out on being around the culture?

Some of you dudes are incredibly dumb. Would love to see how racist morons handicap a game

12 Last