beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Mac you you the guy bitching that last new england denver game that all the calls were going against your Timmy and the Broncos fukking boo-hooing all over these boards. What's your excuse going to be today when the final score makes that 18 pt pats win last time out look like fukking childs play brah?

beg154860

You are such a freaking idiot it amazes me. Why would God show more love to Tim Tebow a pro athlete making millions of dollars then a homeless person dying on the sidewalk? Because he expresses his spirituality and never has had pussy in his life? Your logic is so fukking retarded and has so many holes in it I dont know where to start.

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

Just so I know the ground rules, can all the Tebow haters let me know what he has to do to become legit in your minds? Does it happen if the Broncs win today?? Does he have to have a Superbowl ring?? (BTW does Dan Marino have a ring? McNabb?) I'm a BAMA grad so I've pulled against him for years but the guy is a damn good FOOTBALL player. He was a part of two national championship teams and won a Heisman. Denver is having this new found success because they are finally structuring the offense around what he does best not trying to remake him into something he isn't.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Last time they played in Denver, Jesus was busy making Oakland lose. This time around, Teblow won't have any excuses why Jesus wasn't with him in the 4th quarter...

Brady 31 - Broncos 17

beg154860

Tim Tebow is a false prophet. He is a sinner. God wants us all to plant our seed and multiply, yet he has only planted his seed once and it was in urban meyer

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

How many fans around america will actually be praying during this game!!!??

I dont think it is ever smart to bet against Jesus getting a 14 point cushion, whether you believe in him or not!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    There's so many ways to respond to your post that I don't even know where to begin. But I'll keep it short because I have waaay too much capping to do today!

First off, if you believe that David/Goliath/Moses/Sampson, etc. were real people and not characters in stories, I don't think we're even on the same planet to have a discussion, but whatever...

Secondly, you really believe there's an omnipotent God who favors a certain team or player in a football game?? Seriously?? What about all the hard-working, moral people on the other team who've given their heart and soul to be victorious?? They just weren't strong enough believers, so they get screwed? How myopic does your point-of-view have to be to think this?!

I just wish believers could see how convenient it is to wrap all of life up neatly in a bow by assuming there's one all-powerful God and saying "Do things this way, according to these rules, and then everything will be okay and you get to go to heaven for all eternity." You can't see how maybe this is a convenient way to look at life, a way to deal with your own mortality and with the randomness of life? Please take a step back and try and think rationally. The universe is filled with wonders already, bro, don't you want to try and understand them, appreciate them?

As for morals and ethics, do you really need these to be handed to you? You know very well what is moral and what is immoral; just be a good person, this is a natural instinct. It's innate in you to be good to others -- this isn't God-given, it's genetic, so your race has the best chance to live on.

Hey, whatever gets you through the day. But I wish people would try and look beyond what they were indoctrinated with as a child and SEE the world around them and try to understand it better, rather than fitting everything that happens neatly into a "God's will" package.
    I don't have time to really reply to your post but I can tell that you don't believe in God. Why? I'm not sure but just because you don't believe in God does not mean that he doesn't exist. It's not until you meet God that you would know him. It's not a feeling, it's not a hope, it's proof. You will never be convinced because since you don't believe, you will never see the proof. The mystery of God is too much to comprehend. Scientific fact backed up with archaeological evidence proved that those "characters" were actual human beings. You have a closed heart and a closed head. It will be impossible for you to meet God

Obviously, if you don't believe in God, you can't believe in him showing favor to someone. If you haven't had a lot of success, maybe you should give God a try???

Let's see... You don't believe in God, let's say your right. What does that mean for me? But let's say I'm right and God does exist, what does that mean for you that don't believe

Mac4Lyfe

I think you have me confused but when haven't the Patriots get all the calls in a football game
    Quote Originally Posted by beg154860 View Post
    Mac you you the guy bitching that last new england denver game that all the calls were going against your Timmy and the Broncos fukking boo-hooing all over these boards. What's your excuse going to be today when the final score makes that 18 pt pats win last time out look like fukking childs play brah?
    Hmmm, let me think. Why would he show more love to Moses than Pharoah? I don't know and it's not me to question. Who are you to tell God who he should favor and who he shouldn't...

Did you forget about Cain and Abel? The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor.

Now what does all of this have to do with the game tonight? Probably nothing. Maybe God favors Brady more than Tebow. Who knows.
    You are such a freaking idiot it amazes me. Why would God show more love to Tim Tebow a pro athlete making millions of dollars then a homeless person dying on the sidewalk? Because he expresses his spirituality and never has had pussy in his life? Your logic is so fukking retarded and has so many holes in it I dont know where to start.

Dre2109
    Dre2109's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1392

If God exists he wouldn't give a shit about a football game.

I can't believe this, America. In any other country in the world people don't even think for one second that a person's success would have anything to do with divine intervention.

Mac4Lyfe

Every other country pisses in a pot.

If God didn't care about football, then why did he make the sky Orange n Blue?? Go Bronco's

jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

TEBOW TEBOW
    Magic cover

beg154860

You're mentally unhinged bro. People like you are dangerous to the well being of society. Every other country pisses in a pot? God made the sky orange and blue because he loves football and loves the Denver Broncos? People like you need have mantaded labatomies. Preaching about God and religion on a gambling forum. Gambling is considered sinful and immoral, theres references throughout the bible and religion in reference to that. You're probably a 300 pound virgin who spends his Sunday's at dennys for baconalia

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Mac4Lyfe has to be joking. Lay off. this discussion has gone beyond insane.

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why is it so hard for you to believe it? Didn't God help David Slew Goliath? Didn't God help Moses and the Israelites get out of Egypt? Didn't God give Sampson the strength to slew 1000 Philistine's??

What's so sad is the lack of belief in God by many Americans today. Why wouldn't 100% of Americans believe? This country was founded and built by the belief in God and specifically Christianity. The society has forgotten it's roots/foundation. Atheist aren't true Americans.

Genesis 24:12

12 Then he prayed, “LORD, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.

Genesis 27:20
    Isaac asked his son, “How did you find it so quickly, my son?” “The LORD your God gave me success,” he replied.

Genesis 39:3
    When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did,

Genesis 39:23
    The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph’s care, because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did.

Joshua 1:8
    Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

and you wonder why so many people aren't successful...

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this - that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." - John Quincy Adams
    "The Bible is the cornerstone of liberty. A student's perusal of the sacred volume will make him a better citizen, a better father, a better husband." - Thomas Jefferson
    "The Bible is the rock on which our Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson
    "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government, ought to be instructed." - Noah Webster
    (UC) "We have staked the future of American civilization upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison
    (UC) "He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world." - Benjamin Franklin
    (UC) "It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry
    "The religion which has introduced civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His apostles...to this we owe our free constitutions of government." - Noah Webster
    "Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson
    "Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almight God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor." - George Washington
    "Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited.... What a utopia, what a paradise would this region be." - John Adams
    "Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

What does God have to do with any of this, anyone who thinks that God really cares about FB needs their head examined, I truly dislike religious zealots who dont keep their belief system to them selves, your religion should be a private thing, not something you push on other people, this is the main reason I dislike Tebow, besides being a lousy Qb.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    What has Teblow done on the road this year??? Nothing.
    This is a joke, right?

Walter Abrams
    Walter Abrams's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Tebow and religion haters are gathering as we speak.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by jstblaze View Post
    I dont think it is ever smart to bet against Jesus getting a 14 point cushion
    Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre2109 View Post
    If God exists he wouldn't give a shit about a football game. I can't believe this, America.
    If there are two things God cares about, it's blessing meals and football games!

In any other country in the world people don't even think for one second that a person's success would have anything to do with divine intervention.
    Most people outside First World countries are religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    your religion should be a private thing, not something you push on other people
    That's not the sentiment of the Bible. I'm a Christian-turned-atheist, but one of the things that bothers me about most alleged Christians is how lackadaisical most of them are about actually following the religion's tenants. It's like, you want to believe in Jesus or God, but then follow just the parts of the Bible that are convenient for you, and disregard the rest? What the hell? I like Tebow a lot because, even though I think his core beliefs are a little misguided, he takes his religion's tenants seriously and goes out of his way to help people off the field.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

i backed the broncos last weekend, but im fading them today. if someone is really handicapping by fade tebow you should turn off the tv and read a book. if you believe the broncos advance you should also read a book instead.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by 81_84 View Post
    Sancheeze has more talent than Tebow
    That's right, he even said so himself the week before Tebow ran a 30 yd game winning touchdown to beat the Jets. Sanchez hasn't commented on TT since.

Urlacher, though, kept talking after losing to Denver. He said Tebow was a pretty good RB.

Jets, AFC Champs game appearance last year - knocked out of playoff contention by Broncos. Tebow'd.

Bears, NFC Champs game appearance last year - knocked out of playoff contention by Broncos. Tebow'd.

Steelers, Superbowl appearance last year - knocked out of playoffs by Broncos. Tebow'd.

-------------

Son, you are a fa.gg.ot. Just like most Tebow haters.

Go Broncos.

Mac4Lyfe

You're mentally unhinged bro. People like you are dangerous to the well being of society. Every other country pisses in a pot? God made the sky orange and blue because he loves football and loves the Denver Broncos? People like you need have mantaded labatomies. Preaching about God and religion on a gambling forum. Gambling is considered sinful and immoral, theres references throughout the bible and religion in reference to that. You're probably a 300 pound virgin who spends his Sunday's at dennys for baconalia
    Who told you that gambling is sinful and immoral? Please enlighten us with your bible knowledge/references. Good luck trying to find the verses but I'll let you know upfront your wasting your time.

Yep, you pegged me right. I'll be posting at Denny's later tonight. Now I'm outed. Good for you.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good thread title, i know i am

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post

What does God have to do with any of this, anyone who thinks that God really cares about FB needs their head examined, I truly dislike religious zealots who dont keep their belief system to them selves, your religion should be a private thing, not something you push on other people, this is the main reason I dislike Tebow, besides being a lousy Qb.
    Who do you think inspired man to create the game of football? God did. Why dislike Tebow? Why should people keep their religion private? Are you married? Do you keep your wife private? If you truly love her, wouldn't you tell everyone about her? How could you be considered a zealot for your wife?

Ask Argentinian's about the soccer "Hand of God".

John Calvin, the great 16th-century French reformer, wrote straightforwardly in the Institutes of the Christian Religion that God "directs everything by his incomprehensible wisdom and disposes it to his own end" (I.16). Calvin argued that "God so attends to the regulation of individual events, and they all so proceed from his set plan, that nothing takes place by chance" (I.16).

Jesus taught that God superintends even the death of a sparrow: "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father" (Matt. 10:29). Without the Latin terms or the footnotes, Jesus was teaching the doctrine of God's general providence. The Lord God oversees and brings to pass all that takes place on this earth, whether unseating kings or precisely placing follicles on our heads (Prov. 21:1; Matt. 10:30).

The breath-taking nature of tsunamis and earthquakes naturally disposes us to see, even in our sin, the hand of God in such events. But the Scripture speaks with equal clarity to God's involvement in the finer points of life. "The lot is cast into the lap," we read in Proverbs 16:33, "but its every decision is from the Lord." Every decision, not just the big ones. God is God of the small even as he is God of the great.

God oversees and ordains all that comes to pass. This includes, as surprising as it may initially seem, football games. The outcome of every football game ever been played was planned by the all-wise, all-seeing mind of God. But this is not saying what some might think. God has also planned every haircut you've ever had, and every shopping trip you've ever taken. He is lord of football, and he is lord of produce. Nothing happens outside of his sovereign direction.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those who have expressed opinions about the poll, I think you are looking at it too literally. It said 43% of Americans believe God is helping Tebow win. That doesn't necessarily mean God is causing opponents to be injured, fumble, fail to cover on-side kicks, decided to crowd the line of scrimmage and even worse NOT cover receivers.

It could very simply mean that Tebow's faith in God and constant-never-let-you-forget testifying of the power of God, and his team-mates belief/trust/unwillingness to rock the boat and play the cards they have been dealt in Tebow by default is God helping Tebow (the face of the Broncos) win.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

You are saved! Brady has saved you! Praise Brady!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

if god cared, he wouldnt have wanted to make an embarasment of timmy boy....

what a fraud tebow is....nFL QB huh

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

pooch, We call them cafeteria catholics we pick and choose the parts we like. I am very spiritual ,ilove my lord i am not in church every week but love my brothers. I just hope we start getting the message because this is not the world I grew up in.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

How exactly is he a fraud? Is he a fraud because he is an offensive lineman getting blown up off the line of scrimmage? Is he a fraud because he is a defensive back who is in the wrong coverage or non-coverage? Is he a fraud because he is a defensive lineman who is getting manhandled at the snap of the ball and getting no pressure on Brady? Is he a fraud because he's not designed an offensive game plan all year that allows for quick slants across the middle? Is he a fraud because he doesn't have a Pro Bowl receiver or Tight End? Is he a fraud because he writes every headline or uses his name in every other broadcast on Sports Center?

He plays the game with what ability he has. He praises his God and testifies to his belief system. He calls himself a child of Christ which he believes to be true. He calls himself an NFL quarterback which according to the roster he is.

I'm having a hard time finding where he is a fraud here? He is the quarterback (again, look at the roster) who is about to go home after losing a playoff game and oh by the way, there are already 5 other quarterbacks who are in the exact same company and there will be 2 more tomorrow.

Mac4Lyfe

How can you appreciate the view from atop the mountain if you haven't travelled deep down in the valley?

This isn't the 1st time Tebow's been embarrassed on a huge stage. Heck, he wept on the sidelines versus Bama a few years ago. God has a way of keeping you grounded. He'll be back and the haters will still pile on.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

buddy this has nothing to do with the belief in god

it has to do with skills at the QB position on the NFL stage...and he doesnt have what it takes make it...just my opinion...hes a winner and a warrior on the field, but throwing the ball consistantly is a different story

religon has nothing to do with MY opinion of timmy

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

new england still classless 42-10 .hurry up offence brady still in fernandez still in ,,will get it handed to them next week
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: johnob14

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by blueghost View Post
    new england still classless 42-10 .hurry up offence brady still in fernandez still in ,,will get it handed to them next week
    That's bullshit. The Pats play to the end, it's to maintain discipline and stay sharp and carry out a gameplan, it has nothing to do with classy or not classy, nothing to do with showing up an opponent. The guys on the other side are paid professionals, not middle school kids.

Mac4Lyfe

buddy this has nothing to do with the belief in god

it has to do with skills at the QB position on the NFL stage...and he doesnt have what it takes make it...just my opinion...hes a winner and a warrior on the field, but throwing the ball consistantly is a different story

religon has nothing to do with MY opinion of timmy
    You think he doesn't have what it takes because you listen to too much ESPN. I've seen him play since HS and he's a much better passer then what your seeing. There is a specific reason he looks bad and it's not all Tebow. Get some playmakers around him and watch him make the throws. Did you see all the drops tonight? The same passes Brady made were catches (Gronk tip catch in the end zone, AHern ball behind him). The Bronco's have pathetic receivers that wouldn't start at the 3 on any other team, with maybe the exception of DThomas. McGahee goes out with an injury every game and Ball is sure to drop the ball. Denver's offense sucked under Kyle Orton as well. Does he not have what it takes?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

By the way, I agree with most of these posts... Tebow is not a fraud, he's not the one making huge pronouncements about Tebow Time or Tebow Magic, that's all the media. He works hard and he's doing the best he can. He will continue to work to improve. I do think he has limitations, but Mac is correct -- how did his TEAM help him tonight? They got MAULED. Dominated in every area. That's not Tebow's fault. However, that offense has a very short shelf life. It is my opinion that the Broncos should continue their search. But I can certainly understand the argument to stick with this for now -- they advanced to the divisional playoff round.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You think he doesn't have what it takes because you listen to too much ESPN. I've seen him play since HS and he's a much better passer then what your seeing. There is a specific reason he looks bad and it's not all Tebow. Get some playmakers around him and watch him make the throws. Did you see all the drops tonight? The same passes Brady made were catches (Gronk tip catch in the end zone, AHern ball behind him). The Bronco's have pathetic receivers that wouldn't start at the 3 on any other team, with maybe the exception of DThomas. McGahee goes out with an injury every game and Ball is sure to drop the ball. Denver's offense sucked under Kyle Orton as well. Does he not have what it takes?
    NFL is different for the QB. Do you believe this? : The worst NFL defense is much much better than the best college defense.

Explain all the great college QB's who fall flat on their ass in the NFL. Ryan Leaf et al.....

First 123 Last