Gambler#1
    Gambler#1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong, but on the bottom line, it does not change anything.
    It will remain as long as there are humans on this planet, because we are all corrupt in one way or another
    So that's why it is best to go against all these lines that droop,like i do in the past two days and up to now i win both.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Do you know how many point shaving scandals there have been in basketball?

You guys act like it's never been done before.
    Sure, in college!!! Show me an NBA game where players conspired to point shave?? The officials could (& have) done it but seriously how much would it take to pay off a professional athlete that makes 10's of millions to rig a game?? I doubt very very very very very very very seriously that NBA players sit around in a corner & devise a plan to rig the last two minutes of totals in their games.....

And even if it does happen it's such a rare occurrence that it's not even a factor or in the equation when it comes to betting on the sport. They play thousands & thousands of games & once or twice there might be rigged game in there?? It's a silly concept to even suggest that there is consistent point shaving going on in the NBA....especially on totals like you're suggesting.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

nba totals are usually very sharp

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your case is totally worthless, without showing what exactly happened in the last seconds of the game...

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

You guys are crazy not to believe that at least a good part of these games are fixed. Case in point. Detroit vs Bulls last week in Detroit. Total was sitting at 181. Was going to come up short and in last 2 or 3 minutes Bulls and Pistons start scoring at fast pace no defense. All Bulls starters still in even though its almost a 15 or so point lead.

With 12 seconds game total is 180. Pistons call timeout, advance and score with no defense from Bulls. Game finished at 182. Now what is the Logic for calling a timeout, losing by more than a dozen points with 12 seconds left. No prize for guessing.

gasto

Whats the statsisticals odds for one team to be involved in consecutive overtime games. Atlanta just did it , past two nights. I guess its coincidence.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 681

it's rigged for over or under they don't want the middle

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    You guys are crazy not to believe that at least a good part of these games are fixed. Case in point. Detroit vs Bulls last week in Detroit. Total was sitting at 181. Was going to come up short and in last 2 or 3 minutes Bulls and Pistons start scoring at fast pace no defense. All Bulls starters still in even though its almost a 15 or so point lead. With 12 seconds game total is 180. Pistons call timeout, advance and score with no defense from Bulls. Game finished at 182. Now what is the Logic for calling a timeout, losing by more than a dozen points with 12 seconds left. No prize for guessing.
    who cares. how do u know it was fixed for the over?
    wat if the refs fixed it for the under but the players and coaches kept playing

upscope

You guys are crazy not to believe that at least a good part of these games are fixed. Case in point. Detroit vs Bulls last week in Detroit. Total was sitting at 181. Was going to come up short and in last 2 or 3 minutes Bulls and Pistons start scoring at fast pace no defense. All Bulls starters still in even though its almost a 15 or so point lead.

With 12 seconds game total is 180. Pistons call timeout, advance and score with no defense from Bulls. Game finished at 182. Now what is the Logic for calling a timeout, losing by more than a dozen points with 12 seconds left. No prize for guessing.
    So are you saying that somebody paid off all 24 players, 3 referees, entire coaching staffs for both sides & anybody else that may have been needed to pull this off?? Just so they could cover the over for this game?? Not to mention every one of those that were paid off were able to keep it a secret?? Do you realize that the people you are suggested have to be paid off for this to happen make a combined 200 million per year?? How much money do you think it would take to pay off all these people, while asking them to keep it a secret, in return for covering one over??

If you honestly believe that this game was fixed you are a complete idiot!!

gasto

If you dont it was fixed, it makes you a genius I guess.

So do you care to explain to me the logic for a coach calling two time outs in the last minute, one with 12 seconds left so his team can advance and score a meaningless 2 points with no defense from the Bulls.

You assume its complicated to fix a game, i dont know whether it is or not but sure the tell tell signs are there for all to see. Did you watch the game or you just want to make a point. I did.

upscope

If you dont it was fixed, it makes you a genius I guess.

So do you care to explain to me the logic for a coach calling two time outs in the last minute, one with 12 seconds left so his team can advance and score a meaningless 2 points with no defense from the Bulls.

You assume its complicated to fix a game, i dont know whether it is or not but sure the tell tell signs are there for all to see. Did you watch the game or you just want to make a point. I did.
    Coaches call time outs in this spot all the time. Could have been various reasons. A player came UP limping. Coach wanted to substitute & get a starter out. Maybe a player called the time out out of habit after scoring when trailing late. Have you ever seen the Pacers/Knicks game where R. Miller scored 9 points in 6 seconds?? Teams sometimes play till the end it's that simple. As far as not playing D of course they just let them go to the hoop in this spot. They don't want to foul & stop the clock & they surely don't want to risk injury by contesting shots UP 12 w/ seconds left. It was a routine common situation for both teams. Obviously, you don't watch much basketball if you've never seen this exact scenario before??

Again, please tell me how much it would cost to pay of a group of approx 30 people (that make a combined 200 million per yr) just to rig one total??

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

I made my living betting sports for over 10 years, I stopped betting NBA regular season is 2002. So I eliminated about 20% of my 'workload' by doing that. Simply because it has way too many irregularities to suggest it was just chance or coincidence.

Scoring system is way to easy to manipulate therefore making spread very easily neutralized. Hell even 20 point leads at half time are not close to being safe, even if it is the dog with the lead.

Even in that Portland game last night against Phoenix. Refs gave Portland a ton of calls early in the third and Portland went on a little run to close to within 10 or so, but then Pho went lights out again (something refs cant control) Pho got to a score of 63-38 or something like that and that was it. Not saying that game was fixed or anything but refs gave the Trailblazers an opportunity to make a run with some of their calls.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

fade lang and stop gambling, wow people just don't get it and waste their lives with tons of bullshit that should never be remotely a topic on planet earth.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

How did the capping challange between nocoin and dynamite end?

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

It happens regularly week in and out in soccer, definitely happen in NBA. NBA is controlled by one body whereas soccer is controlled by many bodies, so NBA is easier to rig.

Why didn't you people think the players are instructed to obey their masters in their contract? To score alot or (disappear)miss alot of shots. Their official salary is the bribery already, fee of acting. People who bet many yrs will know this is not coincidence nor tiredness of players.

Yeah i agree only college players take 10k-20k to miss shots but the professional players are included in the contracts. People are gullible to think 'they are well paid, they won't do this' but in fact they are paid professionally to do it.

Take chi-atl, atl-miami(miami lose) or yesterday's pho/port game they were bloody fixed. Chicago knew they are winning it anyway but faked the low scoring, only to rep up their scoring in final 2 minutes. They were told not to cover the spread.
    Last edited by YOUSENKO; 01-07-12 at 12:56 PM.

Swipe317
    Swipe317's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

I bet the over at 185.5, seem rigged that GS was playing defense in the first half, yes.

gasto

Thanks for bringing that angle about the contracts. Off course if you are part of a cabal, anything can be manipulated. If oil prices can be manipulated, how difficult is it to manipulate ball games. Off course these players are not saints.

The players dont have to be paid any extra to play this way or that way. Their contracts are guaranteed, so Upscope's point about how many would need to be paid is far fetched and invalid. The players are beholden to the owners so the owners can call the shots.

Look at the soccer leagues in Europe. Betting companies sponsor some of them and definitely do have a say as to the outcomes. Think about it, does it really matter if a team wins or loses by 20 or 18. If the logical answer is NO, why would the scoring speed up in the last two minutes and a coach calls two time outs in last 60 seconds. Sounds fishy.

Again, i watched this play out and you Upscore did not, so its no use bringing various scenarios. Chicago scored with 12 seconds left, Detroit had the option to dribble out or go ahead, but chose to call another time out, advance and score and off course game total went over.

upscope

WOW!!! some of you people are so stupid it's mind boggling!! Now you are claiming it's "in their contract" that the league tells them wether they want the game to go over or under

One simple question for the borderline mentally retarded. If this were true don't you think that over the 10's of thousands of players that have played in the league don't you think that @ least one of them would have come forward at some point??

Stop being so fukkin stupid just because you lost a bet!!

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

lol. obviously the bulls are going to play poor defense up 15 with 12 seconds left. so you're saying that because the team called a timeout with 12 seconds that the total was rigged. i just have to laugh.

edit: if detroit was up 15 when they scored with 12 seconds left and shotclock turned off it's different. still not rigged though. i remember a game a few years ago i had a lot of money on. lakers vs spurs. i had spurs +7. lakers are up 6 with 15 seconds to go, spurs just missed and aren't fouling. vujacic dribbles down the court and drains a wide open 3 with no defense on him. kobe gave vujacic one of the coldest stares ive seen. i didn't think it was rigged bro

i had the warriors under last night too. no way i think it was rigged. not a chance in my mind.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38529

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    How did the capping challange between nocoin and dynamite end?
    I won that challenge. Of course you won't ever hear no coin mention about it.

YOUSENKO

WHy would any of the players come forward and talk about it when they are earning big money? In fact i won a bet on the lousy suns using this logic, portland was not gonna cover yesterday because bettors like to play to percentage meaning the majority wager on portland. Vegas already knew the result, players were told. The books wanna clean up. Lopsided majority bets almost lose more than 70% of the time should ring a bell. The majority bets only get lucky once in a while if you realise. Only fans and gamblers support modern sports giving the franchise real monetary gains.

YouHave2outs

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    In fact i won a bet on the lousy suns using this logic, portland was not gonna cover yesterday because bettors like to play to percentage meaning the majority wager on portland. Vegas already knew the result, players were told.
    just lol. glad you won your bet, but it wasn't because the players were told anything.

gasto

Exactly, just because no-one comes out to say something does that mean everything is on the up and up. Do you the risks associated with coming out and saying something. Even if someone did, if the majority of gamblers dont believe that the fix is in, what about the general population who watch games without any knowledge of how much money flows via betting worldwide.

There is simply too much money for these games to be on the up and up and to believe none of htese games are fixed to guarantee maximum profit for the top dogs in naivette.

Care to explain why people get executed for murder based on circumstantial evidence not physical evidence. thats because there are smart people who have figured not everything has to be written down for you to believe it.

YOUSENKO

Books operate in a cartel of 8-20 companies will ring a bell. They adjust lines together one after another, they know each other's volume. NBA and euro soccer major games are worth hundreds of millions of USD, possibly up to billion if u add in asia. They have to do it if 80% of that money is on a team.

upscope

I having a hard time figuring out which one of you two are dumber??

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38529

Guys, this thread was not to discuss about rigging spreads.

This thread is about do you think nba rigs TOTALS in the last minute of a game.

But this delusional clown thinks some whale try to middle it hoping it lands on just 187 in an NBA GAME.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    WOW!!! some of you people are so stupid it's mind boggling!! Now you are claiming it's "in their contract" that the league tells them wether they want the game to go over or under
    I can't decide which one is the dumber one, the one that brought it up, or the one that agreed with it. Either way, both to the ignore list with the quickness.

upscope

WHy would any of the players come forward and talk about it when they are earning big money?

So of the 10's of thousands of players that are no longer making "big bucks" & many of them are broke isn't it odd that not one of them has come forward w/ a book or interview that would pay them hundreds of thousands?? You really think that every single one of the 10's of thousands of former players can keep quiet??

YouHave2outs

There is simply too much money for these games to be on the up and up and to believe none of htese games are fixed to guarantee maximum profit for the top dogs in naivette.
    Books operate in a cartel of 8-20 companies will ring a bell. They adjust lines together one after another, they know each other's volume. NBA and euro soccer major games are worth hundreds of millions of USD, possibly up to billion if u add in asia. They have to do it if 80% of that money is on a team.

You guys seem to have figured it out. So you were both up AT LEAST 6 figures betting sports in 2011?

YOUSENKO

I mean spread or totals it is the same logic behind it. Look at rockets-76ers game Total of 206.5, it ended 206 with a missed free throw and at HT it was 122. Every frigging bet was on over 206.5 or 207 in all forums. Obviously they were told not to clear it in at half time break. Yeah very strong analysis from bettors but useless.

upscope

I mean spread or totals it is the same logic behind it. Look at rockets-76ers game Total of 206.5, it ended 206 with a missed free throw and at HT it was 122. Every frigging bet was on over 206.5 or 207 in all forums. Obviously they were told not to clear it in at half time break.
    Obviously you were dropped on your head @ birth.....

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9144

there is definitely some questionable games were things look fishy

YouHave2outs

You guys are crazy not to believe that at least a good part of these games are fixed. Case in point. Detroit vs Bulls last week in Detroit. Total was sitting at 181. Was going to come up short and in last 2 or 3 minutes Bulls and Pistons start scoring at fast pace no defense. All Bulls starters still in even though its almost a 15 or so point lead. With 12 seconds game total is 180. Pistons call timeout, advance and score with no defense from Bulls. Game finished at 182.
    Whats the statsisticals odds for one team to be involved in consecutive overtime games. Atlanta just did it , past two nights. I guess its coincidence.
    It happens regularly week in and out in soccer, definitely happen in NBA. NBA is controlled by one body whereas soccer is controlled by many bodies, so NBA is easier to rig. Why didn't you people think the players are instructed to obey their masters in their contract? Their official salary is the bribery already, fee of acting. Take chi-atl, atl-miami(miami lose) or yesterday's pho/port game they were bloody fixed. Chicago knew they are winning it anyway but faked the low scoring, only to rep up their scoring in final 2 minutes. They were told not to cover the spread.
    Thanks for bringing that angle about the contracts. The players dont have to be paid any extra to play this way or that way. Their contracts are guaranteed, so Upscope's point about how many would need to be paid is far fetched and invalid. The players are beholden to the owners so the owners can call the shots. Look at the soccer leagues in Europe. Betting companies sponsor some of them and definitely do have a say as to the outcomes. Think about it, does it really matter if a team wins or loses by 20 or 18. Chicago scored with 12 seconds left, Detroit had the option to dribble out or go ahead, but chose to call another time out, advance and score and off course game total went over.
    WHy would any of the players come forward and talk about it when they are earning big money? In fact i won a bet on the lousy suns using this logic, portland was not gonna cover yesterday because bettors like to play to percentage meaning the majority wager on portland. Vegas already knew the result, players were told.

Seems like you guys really have it figured out. How much money did you make betting sports in 2011?

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    I doubt Vick was supplementing his income much if at all by fighting dogs...he enjoyed the dog fights, entertaining friends and being on the winning side because he is a competitor...

Theory about criminals like Vick...they will crack under strong pressure - it's a fundamental mental defect in the criminal.

Arguably Micky has proven that this season going mentally missing at the big moments.

First 123 Last