kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i suddenly miss kwame brown

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Isn't there some type of advanced stat that rates NBA players defensivly? I always hear Bill Simmons talking about something like that. I just can't remember what it's called. Does anyone know? I'll give you points.

kobefanatic

kapono for vet's minimum a done deal?

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two bigs for one small isn't worth it IMO. I would have prefered Odom/Gasol for Howard

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

If the Lakers don't get Dwight Howard also this is a terrible trade. What you expect Luke Walton to fill Odom's or Gasol's shoes

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    honestly i don't think bynum for dwight straight up would happen
    LOL bro, this will neverhappen in 100 years. Lakers have to give up Bynum and about 5 first round picks to get dwight. Or give up Bynum, Artest, Blake, and 3 first rounders.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

any word on if CP3 is planning on extending with LA? He was pretty adamant about testing free agency

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

NBA owners are trying to stop the trade

Tree Rollins

The Lakers are picking up 2 trade exceptions in this trade. One for $8.9 million, which is big news b/c they can theoretically trade a player who makes 2 million a year for a player who makes 10. Basically, they will be allowed to take a bad contract off another team if they have to in order to fill a need.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    LOL bro, this will neverhappen in 100 years. Lakers have to give up Bynum and about 5 first round picks to get dwight. Or give up Bynum, Artest, Blake, and 3 first rounders.
    i said i don't think it will happen

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stern thinking of killing the trade. Would be a dick move on his part.

kobefanatic

no deal david sperm just blocked the deal NICE JOB thank u revise the trade please

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Stern thinking of killing the trade. Would be a dick move on his part.
    pretty much ok for me, hope they just revise the trade without la giving up too much

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stern is a piece of shit. Let Miami add 2 of the top 4 players in the league and bosh then block this?

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    no deal david sperm just blocked the deal NICE JOB thank u revise the trade please
    No way this can be true. The deal isn't that lopsided. Not even close. If they block this deal, they are going to have to block every deal involving Chris Paul all the way through the season. Unless someone gets stupid and just lets the Hornets rip them off.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 12-08-11 at 08:12 PM.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    No way this can be true. The deal isn't that lopsided. Not even close. If they block this deal, they are going to have to block damn near every deal this preseason.
    david sperm

kobefanatic

lakers gave up a lot in this deal, yeah i know its CP3, but gasoft and odumbass are 2 of our core players

kobefanatic

ALL NBA TEAMS should be going for BRAIN SCALABRINE, the guy with all HEART no TALENT

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

That's an owners vote. Nothing they can do about free agents going where they want but they can veto any trade that they don't see to be "in the best interest of the NBA".

kobefanatic

it's not really a one sided deal, it's not like we just gave up steve blake and luke walton + a bag of chips for cp3

zsr

This is by far the best deal the hornets would get for Paul, doesn't make sense. They can't trade him anywhere then.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awful decision by owners/stern. This is not a crazy one-sided deal.

zsr

I'm going to lol when stern let's them trade Paul at the deadline to the clippers for Chris kaman and mo Williams. League is a joke.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I'm going to lol when stern let's them trade Paul at the deadline to the clippers for Chris kaman and mo Williams. League is a joke.
    Stern is trying to send the message that LA is not gonna get Paul and Howard. Your not gonna put together a superteam like that with two players under 27 years old and expect small markets to survive.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Awful decision by owners/stern. This is not a crazy one-sided deal.
    Two wash up clowns and a late round pick for one of the best players in the league.

Trade should have been veto and the Lakers should be barred from all future trades.

zsr

Stern is trying to send the message that LA is not gonna get Paul and Howard. Your not gonna put together a superteam like that with two players under 27 years old and expect small markets to survive.
    Thats exactly the same as Miami though, except Kobe is almost done and bosh wade Lebron are in there prime. Sigh. Reading the article seems like the other owners protested, like I said the league is a joke. Would take Miami futures for the next 4 years right now since there won't be another super team.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-08-11 at 08:42 PM.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

haha yup trade got axed...what a fuckin joke the nba is

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

This is by far the best deal the hornets would get for Paul, doesn't make sense. They can't trade him anywhere then.
    I loved the deal for the hornets... this trade made them better for the few minutes it was allowed....

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

how is this not lopsided gasol is washed up lamar odom no need to say anything there...............david stern

dlunc3

hornets got kmart, scola, dragic and odom... they got better

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    how is this not lopsided gasol is washed up lamar odom no need to say anything there...............david stern
    gasol is only 31 odom i think just about the same age it's not like they are 35 above

Goat Milk

Thats exactly the same as Miami though, except Kobe is almost done and bosh wade Lebron are in there prime. Sigh. Reading the article seems like the other owners protested, like I said the league is a joke. Would take Miami futures for the next 5 years right now since there won't be another super team.
    But Miami isn't as big a market as LA.

Bryant is still top 5 in NBA so not sure what you mean there.

I think Paul trade is fair. Just getting howard and paul is unfair obviously bro. I personally think the Miami trade was unfair as well, because like you said, they are forcing the hand of every other team to create super teams.

LOL Bill Dozer and guys on this site are so funny. They are gonna bet against the Heat at -250 every year to not win the championship. Understand basketball.

dlunc3

basically 3 solid starters and a good backup for hornets... good deal

zsr

But Miami isn't as big a market as LA.

Bryant is still top 5 in NBA so not sure what you mean there.

I think Paul trade is fair. Just getting howard and paul is unfair obviously bro. I personally think the Miami trade was unfair as well, because like you said, they are forcing the hand of every other team to create super teams.

LOL Bill Dozer and guys on this site are so funny. They are gonna bet against the Heat at -250 every year to not win the championship. Understand basketball.
    I meant Kobe is not in his prime while all the other guys are. This is just another notch on sterns belt. Fixing playoff games, two lockouts, and now this.

Tree Rollins

So it's better for the Hornets to keep a player who is going to leave at the end of the season NO MATTER WHAT, then to trade him for a top-5 big man who was the 2nd best player on 2 championships teams, and a 6th man of the year?
    Should the Hornets just keep him until the end of the year and get nothing in return? Just keep a player on their roster who is a huge distraction and have everyone wondering where he's going to play next season? This is so fuking stupid. The other owners are being jealous bitches. The trade wasn't even that great for the Lakers.
    The NBA appointed an unbias GM to run that team, and when he makes a trade that he feels is fair, they veto it, for pretty much no reason. Unbelievable.

First 12345 Last