zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Are the Lakers blind? everyone knows Paul is signing with the Knicks after this year. Especially since they just got Tyson Chandler. Lakers just gave away hlf their team for one more run at a title?

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Yahoo is saying that there were several GM's who were praising the Hornets for the take they got in that deal. And now Stern cancels it?
    Why let the Demps negotiate the deal all the way to this point, without interference, and then jump in once its done and say 'No, can't do it'.
    You cannot trade him now. If you allow Chris Paul to be traded at this point, to anyone, the NBA loses all of it's remaining credibility, at least in my book.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I meant Kobe is not in his prime while all the other guys are. This is just another notch on sterns belt. Fixing playoff games, two lockouts, and now this.
    Yeah he's horrible. He'll be gone soon, don't worry.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

lol, hornets gonna end up with nothing for cp3. Lopsided or not, hornets got %^&$ed here.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Are the Lakers blind? everyone knows Paul is signing with the Knicks after this year. Especially since they just got Tyson Chandler. Lakers just gave away hlf their team for one more run at a title?

How are the knicks gonna pay Amare, Mello, Chandler, and Paul? I don't see it happening.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah he's horrible. He'll be gone soon, don't worry.
    Is the guy under him any better? Kinda seems like a dick. Adam something?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

it wasnt as one sided as peopel thought. gasol best player on lakers the past couple years, everyone sniffs Kobe's jock because he is Kobe I guess, guy has been horrible the last couple seasons. Even when they won that championship gasol was the reason not him.

Kobe is playing on 40 years old legs at this point guy has played an extra 3 + seasons counting play offs Olympics, and world championships, he will show it this year I guarantee it. But I think it is more for appearance than anything.

The lock out was also owners against owners and how these teams that have sweet heart deals get the most players. i am sure the lakers new TV deal will be a BIG subject come revenue sharing and dont be surprised to see small market owners all wanting a piece of it.

But the league is a mess, they should seriously just fold half of it, play 55-60 games a year and call it good. Then you wouldnt have to worry about hurting these small time places who cant afford a teams feelings.

All these midwest towns who had 3 or 4 times as many people living in them back in the 1950 than they do now. Like Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana. hell Even Boston had twice as many people as they do now, but New England is small enough they get a few people from the surrounding area to pay to see them.

Look at the list of the cities with NBA team all but 5 or 6 of them have a lot bigger things to worry about than an NBA team. And the arenas prove that out by being empty every game. Having sucky teams doesnt help. So it is a never ending circle of despair with them.

But that is also why the NBA lets half the league into the play offs because it keeps people interested in the league even when their team is 5 or 6 games under 500. Because you have to be REALLY bad not to make the NBA play offs. Indiana Pacers lost 8 more games than they won and they made it last year. And the saddest part were there were a couple other teams that were just alittle bit more shitty than they were that were in contention so it kept those no lifers slightly interested as well. So your team is 30-45 and still has a chance at the play offs. Yeah super league.

Basically the NBA wouldnt even be missed by most people. The NFL goes until Feb, and NCAA hoops goes until baseball starts. basically the NBA gets alittle interesting just about the time the MLB All Star game comes around and by then most people dont care because there arent many teams left.

The league loses money for a reason, and I doubt the changes they made will make a difference in why people wont go watch games. Unless they cut ticket prices inhalf or lower the price of bear 30% and teams miraculously start winning a lot more games the same shit teams will keep losing money. Thats as simple as it gets.

zoo youk

Stern wants Paul a Knick. The league is better when the Knicks are on top. You are going to see Amare for Paul. That's why Knicks signed Chandler

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm pissed and I'm not even a lakers fan, cant imagine how there feeling, hornets should be just as mad as this was the best package they would get. 2 starter caliber guys, 2 bench guys and draft picks.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

you forget anything else wantitall

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    you forget anything else wantitall
    actually yes, they want one of these guys, either howard or Paul in New York, Manhattan or Brooklyn, doesnt matter. Despite the Knick never having been relevant whatsoever in the history of 'modern' basketball they still try to sell NYC as some legitimate basketball town. Sure a couple kids in high school came from there, big deal.

So I would suspect some half assed deal to get one of them to the Knicks or the Nets if not this year for sure by next year. So if Paul doesnt move at all expect a sweet heart deal for New orleans (since they would realistically have to give him away as unrestricted and get nothing in return) but I am sure if they were coaxed into keeping him Stenr would do something. The guy is a sleazeball afterall.

But it basically show how fixed and corrupt the league is. They allow certain unrealistic trades to go through, and then they stop others that arent nearly as obviously one sided.

But this is the first time the Lakers have had one nixed. And this one wasnt even that obvious.

zoo youk

NY is the mecca of basketball are you nuts?

wantitall4moi

NY is the mecca of basketball are you nuts?
    I think it is a joke, but every time there is a game at MSG they call it the Mecca. I have never a seen a team that has accomplished as little as the Knicks get the run they do. Just shows how desperate the league is to make them relevant west of Buffalo I guess.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    I think it is a joke, but every time there is a game at MSG they call it the Mecca. I have never a seen a team that has accomplished as little as the Knicks get the run they do. Just shows how desperate the league is to make them relevant west of Buffalo I guess.
    You are obviously very young

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    it wasnt as one sided as peopel thought. gasol best player on lakers the past couple years, everyone sniffs Kobe's jock because he is Kobe I guess, guy has been horrible the last couple seasons. Even when they won that championship gasol was the reason not him. Kobe is playing on 40 years old legs at this point guy has played an extra 3 + seasons counting play offs Olympics, and world championships, he will show it this year I guarantee it. But I think it is more for appearance than anything. The lock out was also owners against owners and how these teams that have sweet heart deals get the most players. i am sure the lakers new TV deal will be a BIG subject come revenue sharing and dont be surprised to see small market owners all wanting a piece of it. But the league is a mess, they should seriously just fold half of it, play 55-60 games a year and call it good. Then you wouldnt have to worry about hurting these small time places who cant afford a teams feelings. All these midwest towns who had 3 or 4 times as many people living in them back in the 1950 than they do now. Like Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana. hell Even Boston had twice as many people as they do now, but New England is small enough they get a few people from the surrounding area to pay to see them. Look at the list of the cities with NBA team all but 5 or 6 of them have a lot bigger things to worry about than an NBA team. And the arenas prove that out by being empty every game. Having sucky teams doesnt help. So it is a never ending circle of despair with them. But that is also why the NBA lets half the league into the play offs because it keeps people interested in the league even when their team is 5 or 6 games under 500. Because you have to be REALLY bad not to make the NBA play offs. Indiana Pacers lost 8 more games than they won and they made it last year. And the saddest part were there were a couple other teams that were just alittle bit more shitty than they were that were in contention so it kept those no lifers slightly interested as well. So your team is 30-45 and still has a chance at the play offs. Yeah super league. Basically the NBA wouldnt even be missed by most people. The NFL goes until Feb, and NCAA hoops goes until baseball starts. basically the NBA gets alittle interesting just about the time the MLB All Star game comes around and by then most people dont care because there arent many teams left. The league loses money for a reason, and I doubt the changes they made will make a difference in why people wont go watch games. Unless they cut ticket prices inhalf or lower the price of bear 30% and teams miraculously start winning a lot more games the same shit teams will keep losing money. Thats as simple as it gets.
    First of all, the pacers were good at one point. They were a dynasty in the eastern conference.

Secondly, a guy that averaged 25 points per game last year sucks? Gasol was the reason Lakers won the championship? ok boss. Take a look at Gasol's stats in that finals and take a look at Kobe's. Then get back to me boss.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

odom cried when he thought he was traded

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsOrLess View Post
    odom cried when he thought he was traded
    Hold on man, I thought he was crying because another kadashian devorce is coming

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Stern wants Paul a Knick. The league is better when the Knicks are on top. You are going to see Amare for Paul. That's why Knicks signed Chandler
    thought amare had a no-trade? gl

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    First of all, the pacers were good at one point. They were a dynasty in the eastern conference.

Secondly, a guy that averaged 25 points per game last year sucks? Gasol was the reason Lakers won the championship? ok boss. Take a look at Gasol's stats in that finals and take a look at Kobe's. Then get back to me boss.

Another stat monkey. Stats dont mean shit except in baseball. But if you want to compare stats compare their status and how people view them and then look. gasol also got better as the years went on Kobe got worse. Which is the point, Gasol is still in his prime and still getting better and Kobe is on the down swing, last year really showed that.

But you can debate Kobe with idiots that worship the guy so there is no sense bothering with it. Some people still think he is the best player in the league, when he probably isnt in the top 5 anymore.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much for all that lol

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

This is some bullshit Tech.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post

thought amare had a no-trade? gl
    if you read most of his post... this guy zoo youk is a delusional misinformed moron homer. this dipshit doesn't know what's going on and is going to only say wishful thinking

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Now Odom didn't show up for practice and isn't sure when he's going to go back. What a bloody mess.

“I don’t know if it’s going to happen overnight or it’s going to be a drawn-out process,” Odom said about either being traded or staying with the Lakers and attending practice.

“I don’t want to offend the sport and the professionalism. Right now, I’ll be a fan of the game from the distance. But as of right now, I just don’t know.”

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
    Hold on man, I thought he was crying because another kadashian devorce is coming
    the ugly sister won't divorce with odom, because she ain't hot like kim

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Interesting that Hornets GM is saying that the Hornets were the ones who nixed the deal because it wasn't good enough. Company man?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big men win titles most of the time
    rebounding and defense

Paul a nice player but not going to do much for Lakers

Gasol 100000x more effective

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Big men win titles most of the time rebounding and defense Paul a nice player but not going to do much for Lakers Gasol 100000x more effective
    This wont be the only move the Lakers make if it happens. Nene and Dwight are still homeless. In the end it could be the trade of the decade second to lebronze

First ... 2345