sportpedagogy i will re arrange your list for you to what it actually is

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Big Ben
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Tony Romo/Eli Manning/Jay Cutler/Schuab
    5. Stafford/Ryan/Flacco/Mike Vick/Palmer/Phillip Rivers
    6. Alex Smith/Cam Newton/Sanchez/Dalton/Freeman
    I see what your saying, but by Romo Hating Logic, Brees threw 2 pics against the rams and 3 against the Bucs ... cost his team the game and is an overrated choker who should be replaced ....

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

romo has great numbers this year. however you cant brag about his last 5 games bc dallas hasn't played a top 10 defense or a playoff bound team. Nonetheless, if he keeps up this pace he should be mentioned as a top qb

Sun 11/20
    @ WSH
    W 27-24 (OT) 23 37 292 62.2 7.89 59 3 0 113.8
    Sun 11/13
    vsBUF
    W 44-7 23 26 270 88.5 10.39 58 3 0 148.4
    Sun 11/6
    vsSEA
    W 23-13 19 31 279 61.3 9.00 39 2 0 112.2
    Sun 10/30
    @ PHI
    L 7-34 18 35 203 51.4 5.80 70 1 1 66.7
    Sun 10/23
    vsSTL
    W 34-7 14 24 166 58.3 6.92 34 2 0 107.3

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    The game where Romo threw for 3 TD's ... all after avoiding pressure ... then hit Bryant on a 3rd and 12 to set up the game winning FG .... they would have lost if not for Romo ....

Brady is a great QB with a great environmental around him. He does have a great coach and used to have a great defense and great Oline. Thats why Cassell came in and had success ....

That being said, i watched the game last night and Giants game and the Jets game ... it looked like Brady had some time in the pocket.

His defense is below average now, he is forced to score alot to win and he has been doing that. Anybody who thinks Brady is not one of the best QBs of all Time is a hater or unknowledgeable.
    well if thats what you saw...then i guess we disagree...i saw the chiefs getting a good rush pretty early...the giants had success too....the jets not as much....but when you add in the fact that they dont have an outside receiver that can beat single man coverage it gets tough....but like i said...i think the notion that hes been playing with some great offensive lines over the years just isnt true....well coached...yeah...overachieving...probabl y....but a little short on talent...

cassel came in and hand success imo because he was riding the high of getting the opportunity...with a great coach...and a great team around him......but theres a clear difference between him and brady...and if you need proof go back and watch cassels start against the steelers that year

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I see what your saying, but by Romo Hating Logic, Brees threw 2 pics against the rams and 3 against the Bucs ... cost his team the game and is an overrated choker who should be replaced ....
    A. Brees has a ring...I know I just posted that rings aren't everything but they're definitely something

B. Those games with Brees weren't already in the bag 2nd half like Romo's. Thats what frustrates people w/Romo and gets the haters started. Romo's Jets and Lions disasters were = Sanchez throwing a pick-6 and gifting Denver the game because they weren't going to score enough to win otherwise.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    well if thats what you saw...then i guess we disagree...i saw the chiefs getting a good rush pretty early...the giants had success too....the jets not as much....but when you add in the fact that they dont have an outside receiver that can beat single man coverage it gets tough....but like i said...i think the notion that hes been playing with some great offensive lines over the years just isnt true....well coached...yeah...overachieving...probabl y....but a little short on talent...

cassel came in and hand success imo because he was riding the high of getting the opportunity...with a great coach...and a great team around him......but theres a clear difference between him and brady...and if you need proof go back and watch cassels start against the steelers that year

Since Peyton Manning obviously has a $hit coach with a $hit team around him then where does 2 SBs with 1 win put him on the list if he was healthy? Dungy was only average imo...anyone with a pulse wins 1 SB with Tampa's defensive talent and Manning. Not to mention Brady wins 3 SBs by a field goal apiece while Manning had VanderShank. Manning also had to deal with tough Jax & Tenn teams in his earlier career while Brady had an easy 5-6 wins (homefield advantage) with Buff, Miami, and the pre-Ryan Jets.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-22-11 at 02:52 PM.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Romo's not in the top 3; he MIGHT be top 5.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Romo's not in the top 3; he MIGHT be top 5.
    I can live with that.

Ok...we'll call Romo #4.

Done.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I will not make excuses for mistakes. I will however point out key places where blame should be shared.. Vs The Jets, Miles Austin Misses a pass, threw his hands , in the endzone. Would have iced the game. The next play, nobody gets open, Romo doesnt force it, tucks it and runs. He gets hit from behind and fumbled. Happens to alot of QB's, especially in the NFC east. That last pick in that game was bad, looked like he tried to force it and Bryant didnt turn around. Bryant has alot of question marks in the 2nd half of games. There was alot a 20 yard return because Dez Bryant didnt chase him down right away.

The Lions game, the first pick was all Romo ... didnt see the LB ... then nobody tackled him and he ran past the whole team into the endzone.
    The 2nd was a slant route and those are only picked off when the WR doesnt try and thats exactly what happened, he jogged the route and the pass got picked off. That was discussed on several shows. Agian, Nobody made the tackle.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I will not make excuses for mistakes. I will however point out key places where blame should be shared.. Vs The Jets, Miles Austin Misses a pass, threw his hands , in the endzone. Would have iced the game. The next play, nobody gets open, Romo doesnt force it, tucks it and runs. He gets hit from behind and fumbled. Happens to alot of QB's, especially in the NFC east. That last pick in that game was bad, looked like he tried to force it and Bryant didnt turn around. Bryant has alot of question marks in the 2nd half of games. There was alot a 20 yard return because Dez Bryant didnt chase him down right away.

The Lions game, the first pick was all Romo ... didnt see the LB ... then nobody tackled him and he ran past the whole team into the endzone.
    The 2nd was a slant route and those are only picked off when the WR doesnt try and thats exactly what happened, he jogged the route and the pass got picked off. That was discussed on several shows. Agian, Nobody made the tackle.
    If you wanna talk like this, then Vick has the eagles at 9-1 this year... unfortunately, we cant.. and they are 4-6

SportsPedagogy

I am not arguing their record .... I am simply stating that it took a team effort to lose those games. The Cowboy's only big loss came to the Eagles... all the other games were competitive.

I am really stating that you can not say that guys like Vick, Ryan, Flacco, Rivers, Cutler and Schuab are better then Romo when he puts up better stats then them and as accomplished as much , if not more with his team.

dlunc3

there are so many if, ands or buts with everyone though... eagles havent had a big loss this year.. they have led 9 out of 10 games in the 4th quarter this season.. the only one they didnt lead, they had the ball driving in the 4th to take the lead when they fumbled in scoring range.... Vick left with the lead in the 4th quarter vs the giants and falcons.. maclin fumbled in scoring range to end one game, avant fumbled in scoring range to end one game, maclin dropped a 4th down pass in scoring range to end one game, henry missed two easy fgs in the 4th to end one game... So sure, its easy to say this is how it should be... but you are only good as your record shows, just like romo is only as good as his numbers show.. I am actually a fan of his. I think he gets more critisicm then he deserves... I personally have him in the 5-8 range, along with vick and rivers, depending on your personal preference... Romo is definately above guys like flacco schaub and ryan..

ranking should be: top 4--brady, rodgers, roth, brees, then these next four in any order according to personal preference-- romo vick rivers eli

SportsPedagogy

At this moment I have Rodgers ahead of Brady ... Other then that, I completely agree. Alot of QBs who have not won multiple super owls get alot of crap from fans.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Opie I agree with you Romo is a stud out there. Definitely tied in top 3 with brees. His escapability is top notch. IF that oline gets it together and Austin comes back soon nobody will be stopping this unstoppable offense. I don't see Cowboys losing again especially with a strong D and great young kicker finally to go with that great offense n great coaches.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

When Romo makes a bonehead play in the playoffs this year................don't come crying to me.

It gonna happen, he Tony Romo.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    Opie I agree with you Romo is a stud out there. Definitely tied in top 3 with brees. His escapability is top notch. IF that oline gets it together and Austin comes back soon nobody will be stopping this unstoppable offense. I don't see Cowboys losing again especially with a strong D and great young kicker finally to go with that great offense n great coaches.
    Oh for Christsakes!!

dlunc3

the last even decent D they faced basically shut them out, with austin in the lineup....

and normally I wouldnt be so bitter, but that "strong d" cost me $1500 this weekend when they let rex drive 90 yards or whatever it was to tie the game and send it to over time.. and then if they actually had a real kicker, they win the game in overtime where once again, rex drove them right down the field vs this "strong d"

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    When Romo makes a bonehead play in the playoffs this year................don't come crying to me. It gonna happen, he Tony Romo.

This is why he is not elite.

SportsPedagogy

The secondary is too weak. Linebacking core I'd weak outside of Lee. Defense is average at best

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Wouldnt say Top 3, but IMO, until Murray recently Tony Romo never had a good running game behind him. As soon as Marion Barber became the feature back his career went downhill IMO. The inability to run until recently made the Dallas offense predictable, and Romo suffered because of it.

Right now he is a poor mans Aaron Rodgers. Can throw it anywhere on the field with dead accuracy, and has the ability to do it on the run as well.
    Give Romo a good offensive line, and he will turn some heads.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

If he didn't s'port that f\*g'sh smile when shit goes bad he'd be a better qb.

For now he's top 7.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    the last even decent D they faced basically shut them out, with austin in the lineup....

and normally I wouldnt be so bitter, but that "strong d" cost me $1500 this weekend when they let rex drive 90 yards or whatever it was to tie the game and send it to over time.. and then if they actually had a real kicker, they win the game in overtime where once again, rex drove them right down the field vs this "strong d"

they scored 23 points against seattle so your first statement isn't true.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guarantee you that Jerry Jones would trade Romo for Cutler straight up.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    When Romo makes a bonehead play in the playoffs this year................don't come crying to me.
    It gonna happen, he Tony Romo.
    Hey pal......when I'm looking for tips on how to knock off the "Sex and the City" Slot Machine at the 4-Queens, I'll holler at 'ya.

This is America's Team. I got this.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Ok....and I guarantee you're an idiot.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Ok....and I guarantee you're an idiot.

Says the guy who thinks the 12th or 13th best QB in the league is 3rd...

opie1988

Says the guy who thinks the 12th or 13th best QB in the league is 3rd...
    Hey fukkhead.....

Please go make some more whiny bitch threads about how you can't handle your life.

I tell you what I've decided, pal.....

Until WarriorFan is back from his ban, during his much needed absence, you are now officially SBR's biggest clown.

Well done, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ROYAJA8

Wow that's plain stupid. I bet outside Saints, Pats and Pack any owner would trade their starting QB for Romo. Romo has been at full health the last 2 weeks and look at the results. He will be tearing up teams left And right now that he has a great run game with Murray and Felix. Defenses won't be able to handle this offense. Also the secondary is playing without Jenkins and the lb crew will be way better when Carter is starting next to Lee instead of old brookings or James.

dlunc3

weird, you really think carolina would take him? gl with that

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

dlunc3

Wow that's plain stupid. I bet outside Saints, Pats and Pack any owner would trade their starting QB for Romo. Romo has been at full health the last 2 weeks and look at the results. He will be tearing up teams left And right now that he has a great run game with Murray and Felix. Defenses won't be able to handle this offense. Also the secondary is playing without Jenkins and the lb crew will be way better when Carter is starting next to Lee instead of old brookings or James.
    eagles have no chance tonight they went from a inaccurate passer to a garbage qb. No maclin either means a blowout by new York here.
    keep it coming with the nonsense

ROYAJA8

I was right about young being a garbage qb but I just didn't think manning and that offense woulda played like shit in a huge game they needed with a hard ass schedule coming there way.

opie1988

I was right about young being a garbage qb but I just didn't think manning and that offense woulda played like shit in a huge game they needed with a hard ass schedule coming there way.
    Its all good, pal. Bunch of typical, envious Cowboy haters in here.

Eagles beating the Giants was the best possible scenario for us anyway.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SportsPedagogy

Dlunc3 is actually a pretty good guy. he even came close to praising Romo and said that Romo and Vick get an unfair hatred toward them. Eagles have a good team ... just been shooting themselves in the foot. Desean Jackson must make you want to kill him sometimes.

EasyBreesy
    EasyBreesy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    ...Who really gives a shit after but
    Ben/Manning/Schuab/Romo/Stafford

First 1234567 ... Last