neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I will take the charges plus points in this one, Packers have come slow out of the gate numerous times this year, coming off of a bye I expect it to happen again. After getting embarrassed on National TV I expect Rivers to had an understanding game vs. the Packers weak secondary. This is not the packers defense of last year, so don't act like the packers are some invincible team. There were a couple times this year, where if you played a quality team you would of lost. But hey you got your easy games early, and a harder schedule down the stretch. Just better hope you play better then you did against Min.
    San Diego at home, will roar over the packers. And ESPN can finally stop slurping Rodgers and the Packers.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Of course the public (and all the squares) are going to be on the Pack. Chargers or pass here.

njmike
    njmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where you see this since it open at 5.5 in Vegas and most offshore books

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I love how the SD backers continue to look [and sound] stupid, but more importantly, that'll they will literally pay for it.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Chargers are off 2 consecutive SUATS losses as a Road Fav following their own BYE and with this being a Non-Conference road game for Green Bay i'll take SDG + the points.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    Chargers are off 2 consecutive SUATS losses as a Road Fav following their own BYE and with this being a Non-Conference road game for Green Bay i'll take SDG + the points.
    ... and you'll lose.

Why do people continue to want to bet against the best team in the NFL with the best player in the NFL at the most important position?

If you like San Diego I've got two words (among many): Stay Away.

A lot of masochists here, unreal. A fool and his money ...

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

hoping for the upset here so staying away

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    ... and you'll lose.

Why do people continue to want to bet against the best team in the NFL with the best player in the NFL at the most important position?

Readings posts like this make me like San Diego even more.

Just like when we had to read all the comedy posted when they were going to play the Vikings.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

[QUOTE=StackinGreen;12167513]... and you'll lose.

/QUOTE]

Because I don't think the Packers are some indestructible force of nature. The packers have failed a lot this year, the reason why they are still the last purfect team in the NFL is their schedule.

They have started off slow on more then one occasion this season on the road esp. it seems like. This one they have to go out west after a bye week. If they start off slow to San Diego, San Diego is just not gonna roll-over like Minnesota and Carolina and Atlanta did.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

[quote=neverstoppers23;12170049]
    Because I don't think the Packers are some indestructible force of nature. The packers have failed a lot this year, the reason why they are still the last purfect team in the NFL is their schedule. They have started off slow on more then one occasion this season on the road esp. it seems like. This one they have to go out west after a bye week. If they start off slow to San Diego, San Diego is just not gonna roll-over like Minnesota and Carolina and Atlanta did.
    That's exactly what they'll do.
    SD is 2-5 ATS 1-2 at home vs the Packers 5-2 ATS 2-2 on the road & the 2 teams they didn't cover against Carolina 5-2-1 ATS Minny 4-3-1 ATS are both better than SD ATS.SD is running on fumes & their D ranking is smoke & mirrors. On any given day any team can cover but the Pack are the play.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Watch out for this game guys. The Chargers might win this game straight up. The Chiefs have a much better defense than the Packers and that game was at Arrowhead.

Now the Chargers will be at home and the Packers have been getting torched this year on defense. How many close games can the Packers possibly when before the finally go down? If the Packers don't lose this week they will definitely lose on Thanksgiving.

If Joe the public keeps hammering the Packers this line might be at 6 by game time.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I don't see the Public as being on this game. It doesn't matter, Packers by double digits anyway.

Get paid.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I'm going to hedge my Packers -1 teaser with SD ML.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Watch out for this game guys. The Chargers might win this game straight up. The Chiefs have a much better defense than the Packers and that game was at Arrowhead. Now the Chargers will be at home and the Packers have been getting torched this year on defense. How many close games can the Packers possibly when before the finally go down? If the Packers don't lose this week they will definitely lose on Thanksgiving. If Joe the public keeps hammering the Packers this line might be at 6 by game time.
    What ? KC 22 vs the run & 20th vs pass is better than GB 10th vs the run & 31st vs the pass? Maybe but not in a definitive sense.Again look at the rankings in the context of who they have played. Seriously didn't SD have the number 1 pass defense last year? did they make the playoffs? NO

FlipK11
    FlipK11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Almost every RB on the chargers is injured, Rivers has great footwork but isn't the same QB he was in the beginning of the season. If anyone's looking for an upset, this isn't the game you wanna bet on. This happens EVERY year with the chargers, sure they need the win, they always need a win at this point every single season...and they usually don't get it, expect the same this sunday.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Put it this way, the Squares have been riding the G-Bay choo choo train in kiddie land all year long at the expense of Vegas,but oddsmakers finally got sharp with the line in the Minnesota game and will continue this until the public quits biting............

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

... and you'll lose.

Thank you for inflating the line this week

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Put it this way, the Squares have been riding the G-Bay choo choo train in kiddie land all year long at the expense of Vegas,but oddsmakers finally got sharp with the line in the Minnesota game and will continue this until the public quits biting............
    Pauly,

Do recall that that line was less than 10 all week and only got pushed above 10 late when favorite players came in strong.? On top of that, Green Bay could easily have gone up 17 late. Green Bay under 10 points was the right play, no doubt about it.

They've been backdoored in their only 2 ATS losses.

Oddsmakers are off again this week. Nothing sharp about this line at all.

0mar, how is it inflated? I'm almost always locked in early in the week. Why? The books can only manipulate stupid players after they've realized how poor some of their early lines are.

k13

Oddsmakers are off again this week. Nothing sharp about this line at all.

0mar, how is it inflated? I'm almost always locked in early in the week. Why? The books can only manipulate stupid players after they've realized how poor some of their early lines are.
    Because two weeks ago this line was a pk'em and a week ago it was -2.5, -3

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Last time Chargers were home dogs, Peyton came to town with his shiny new ring in 2007. Result: Chargers 23 Colts 21.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

It's possible that the Packers will win SU and lose ATS.

Prediction:
    Green Bay 27
    San Diego 24

k13

Niners are -7 vs Giants -14.5 vs Rams, -10.5 vs Arizona, -1.5 vs Steelers

You guys don't think these lines are inflated?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

matchup

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Last time Chargers were home dogs, Peyton came to town with his shiny new ring in 2007. Result: Chargers 23 Colts 21.
    Chargers always matched up well vs. Colts (it happened more than once, slacker)

That has nothing to do with this game.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Because two weeks ago this line was a pk'em and a week ago it was -2.5, -3
    According to whom? And where could you actually bet that?

Seems irrelevant given its lack of availability let alone handle

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Niners are -7 vs Giants -14.5 vs Rams, -10.5 vs Arizona, -1.5 vs Steelers

You guys don't think these lines are inflated?
    I agree on those ... SF is nowhere near the team GB is. That's what my point is. SF is still one of the most overrated teams in football, GB isn't.

k13

According to whom? And where could you actually bet that?

Seems irrelevant given its lack of availability let alone handle
    A few books had these out and you could bet on them. I think a few places in Vegas also.

Probably the best way to get value and really good lines.

k13

I agree on those ... SF is nowhere near the team GB is. That's what my point is. SF is still one of the most overrated teams in football, GB isn't.
    That's the thing, GB is just as overrated. People are ready to throw money on them no matter what line, they are not that great, they don't really blow anyone out on the road. They are nothing special.

You think books are stupid when they make these lines?

Green Bay was -3 (+125) vs Lions last time I checked. Are you jumping on that?

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

That's the thing, GB is just as overrated. People are ready to throw money on them no matter what line, they are not that great, they don't really blow anyone out on the road. They are nothing special.

You think books are stupid when they make these lines?

Green Bay was -3 (+125) vs Lions last time I checked. Are you jumping on that?
    You look foolish with this post. I'm not a GB homer in any way (other than the fact that they've made me money 11 of the last 12 times I've played them dating to last year). To say they are nothing special just reeks of either too much emotion on your part because they may not be your team, they lost you money or you just can't look at it objectively. Rodgers certainly is special, he may even be better than Favre when all is said and done and he's also on pace for 5400+ yards at his current pace which would just blow up Marino's record (actually Brees could do it too this year). Also, if you've watched some of their road games, you'll notice that they've let off the gas towards the end. Who in the NFL blows out opponents regularly on the road? Oh that's right, nobody. You need to sharpen your pencils or get some new batteries for your calculator. Maybe you should just start betting on GB instead?
    Last edited by DJ Dana; 11-02-11 at 06:53 PM.

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

GB isn't really that overrated...I mean they are only the defending Super Bowl champions and are currently undefeated. They've def. covered some lines this year and should against a banged up Chargers team.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    Who in the NFL blows out opponents regularly on the road? Oh that's right, nobody.
    Then why do people keep betting big road faves?

Why do you want to lay almost a touchdown here?

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Then why do people keep betting big road faves?

Why do you want to lay almost a touchdown here?

Well, if it climbed to 7 I likely wouldn't bet it. I got on it early at 5.5. I'm not saying SD can't win or at least cover, that's why they play, right. Still, if you're into wagering (and who on this board isn't) GB week in and week out is a great play.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

k13, if you have conditions such as "Rodgers doesnt get injured," etc. I'd give the Lions 3 in a second. At this point if those lines are so good, I'm not worried about it. Even if I have to give more I'll just wait. I don't mind.

One more thing ... Rodgers is already better than Favre. There is not even a question.

If 5.5 is "almost a touchdown" or "laying a lot of points on the road" --- what is your fair line, my man? Packers should be at least 6 point favorites.

San Diego is a mess. They go in swoons. They will lose by double digits.

k13

I think the 3.5 was a fair line.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I think the 3.5 was a fair line.
    Ok, no problems here but how big of a difference is there from 3.5 to 5.5?

Obviously, it's not as meaningless as 7.5-9.5 but I can't recall the last time a team won by 4, and if it did happen recently, it certainly didn't matter.

k13

Ok, no problems here but how big of a difference is there from 3.5 to 5.5?

Obviously, it's not as meaningless as 7.5-9.5 but I can't recall the last time a team won by 4, and if it did happen recently, it certainly didn't matter.
    If Pack hits 7 I put them in a teaser if not I keep my 6.

5.5 is a dead number but I think one where lot of upsets happen on 5.5/6
    Someone would have to chime in on that.

I know what you are thinking, you would rather have a 6 then a 7??? Its hard to explain but yes.

First 12345 Last