No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Wisconsin is playing for the national championship. MSU and Illinois won't hold a candle to the Badgers, even at home, and the Big Ten title game will be more of the same. I'm not necessarily saying the Badgers are just that good -- I'm saying the rest of the league is just that bad. Frankly, no other Big Ten squad is deserving of a ranking above about 20.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Illinois could beat them at home.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Wisconsin is playing for the national championship. MSU and Illinois won't hold a candle to the Badgers, even at home, and the Big Ten title game will be more of the same. I'm not necessarily saying the Badgers are just that good -- I'm saying the rest of the league is just that bad. Frankly, no other Big Ten squad is deserving of a ranking above about 20.

Agreed. I don't know how Wisconsin would fare against a team from the SEC, whoever comes out of there. But they are on a different level than any other Big 10 team. They may have one of the Most well rounded offenses in the league. The only thing suspect about them is there Defense. I think if they play Nebraska again in the big 10 championship, it won't be a blowout like last game and I think Michigan would be the same, but Michigan won't stop them from scoring.

I thought Wisconsin was good last year and was going to beat TCU. Just shows that the Big 10 is just a sad conference at this time. If only the badgers had Lance Kendricks at TE still, they would be considered unstoppable on offense.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I'm a UW Alum...I follow quite closely...I have to say, they may be the best team in the Big 10...but this is a stupid play.

Firstly, you're going to tie up your money for a solid 2 months...

Secondly, anything could happen in the season...Russell Wilson could get injured, Monte Ball...I mean, anything could happen.

Thirdly, they still have the bulk of their road schedule to play obviously. Still have to play:

@Michigan State
    @Ohio State
    @Illinois
    @Neutral Field in Indianapolis to win Big 10 Champ Game...

I mean honestly, if you wanted to do that, just put your money on the the Badgers on the ML in every game they play the rest of the way...guarantee those odds will equate to much higher than the +165...besides, you can't even find that line anymore...

Point being, Michigan State, Ohio State, Illinois, Neutral field vs. Michigan or Nebraska again...anything could happen there...and +165 is a long time to tie up your money for. Even if you like it, like I said, just put that money on them to win out, ML each week...this would stop you from winning if they did lose a game in regular season and still went on to win Big 10 Championship game, but you guys talking about this like it's a given, so you shouldn't worry about that then....ML rest of way each week, and you can still use your money when you want...plus get better odds overall....

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Well obviously this play is only for people that don't mind tying up there money.

So if you could get the Packers at +275 to win there division you wouldn't because, your money would be tied up for a couple months, and of course Rodgers could get injured....

Wisconsin to win big 10 : 100 to win 165

Wisconsin ML @ Mich St -200 or more? 100 to win 50 bucks.
    Wisconsin ML @ Ohio St -no clue with there players suspensions
    Wisconsin ML @ Illini -200 or more 100 to win 50 bucks.

Neutral Field vs whoever -150 vs Nebraska -200 vs Michigan 100 to win 50 bucks.

SO your gonna risk 400ish to win 175 bucks or so betting ML each game. Or you can risk 100 to win 165. No brainer to me. And if you bet them ML each game and they lose, there goes your winnings. But then if they lose they can still make it to the Big 10 Championship, so that bet would of still been alive.

And those are all most likely LOWER ML odds then what'd they'd actually be, more between -250 - -400

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Are you guys really Illinois will compete with Wisconsin?

They've already had their test in the Big10. They will meet Nebraska or MSU in the BIG 10 Title game. Beating either one of them. If they put up that number on Nebraska, Michigan better score every time they get the ball, because they will not be stopping wisconsins offense.

You guy saw how much of a problem Illinois had AT HOME on HOMECOMING against a "nimble" QB like Persa, sorry to say, but Wilson is better, and Wisconsin offense is much better.

I am a Wisconsin fan. And yes I have bets on them, so obviously I think they will win. But it's laughable to think that someone at this point can challenge Wisconsin, I'm not sure what team has stuck out that's played great, or when Wisconsin has played awful, that would make you think they'd lose.
    Im gonna LAUGH MY ASS OFF when they dont win the Big Ten. DEAL WITH IT@!

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Well obviously this play is only for people that don't mind tying up there money. So if you could get the Packers at +275 to win there division you wouldn't because, your money would be tied up for a couple months, and of course Rodgers could get injured.... Wisconsin to win big 10 : 100 to win 165 Wisconsin ML @ Mich St -200 or more? 100 to win 50 bucks. Wisconsin ML @ Ohio St -no clue with there players suspensions Wisconsin ML @ Illini -200 or more 100 to win 50 bucks. Neutral Field vs whoever -150 vs Nebraska -200 vs Michigan 100 to win 50 bucks. SO your gonna risk 400ish to win 175 bucks or so betting ML each game. Or you can risk 100 to win 165. No brainer to me. And if you bet them ML each game and they lose, there goes your winnings. But then if they lose they can still make it to the Big 10 Championship, so that bet would of still been alive. And those are all most likely LOWER ML odds then what'd they'd actually be, more between -250 - -400
    I think you need to recalculate your odds bruh.

If you think they are all even gonna be -200...that's 1.5...or 50 each game they won of those that you bet $100 on. If they win all 4, that's $200 back on your $400...not to mention, the obvious reason you would do this instead of putting the $100 is because you could win 100 other bets in the 2 months that your money is being tied up...

There is no way to calculate how much more money you could win by NOT making that bet, betting on the Badgers on the ML in those 4 or 5 road games...and using the money in the interim on other stuff. I hate tying up money for 2 months if we are talking about sports betting....

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

NOT TO MENTION...you can't even get that line anymore!! It's more like -125 now...now you are only getting $80 on your $100 bet...and your money is tied up for 2 months....

Now you have effectively given up the chance at an extra $120 on top of the $80 by betting on them -200 in all 4 games....

No brainer to me, no reason to make bet unless you would rather tie up your money than bet on a weekly basis.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    I think you need to recalculate your odds bruh. If you think they are all even gonna be -200...that's 1.5...or 50 each game they won of those that you bet $100 on. If they win all 4, that's $200 back on your $400...not to mention, the obvious reason you would do this instead of putting the $100 is because you could win 100 other bets in the 2 months that your money is being tied up... There is no way to calculate how much more money you could win by NOT making that bet, betting on the Badgers on the ML in those 4 or 5 road games...and using the money in the interim on other stuff. I hate tying up money for 2 months if we are talking about sports betting....

Do you think people only have 100 bucks in there offshore account? DO you think people would go all in on this play?

I understand if you only have 100 in your online account, obviously I wouldn't tie it up. But at +165 this was a good play rather than betting on Wisconsin ML each game (which they'll likely be -250 - -400) that is of course if you have more money to bet around with in the meantime.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

There's my futures I have as of right now. I will be able to HEDGE, which is one of the main reasons to take futures.

<table class="Grid" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="Alt "><td class="NoWrap">90747395-1</td><td>10/1/11 12:17pm</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$85.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$765.00</td><td>Pending</td><td>10/1/11 2:05pm Props Baseball 14157 Texas Rangers win World Series +900* <small>vs</small> Field wins World Series (Fixed Price)</td></tr><tr class="GridSeparator"><td colspan="7">
    </td></tr><tr class="NonAlt "><td class="NoWrap">85475233-1</td><td>8/12/11 2:59pm</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$200.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$3,400.00</td><td>Pending</td><td>8/12/11 7:30pm Football NFL +1700 Super Bowl XLVI - Baltimore Ravens*</td></tr><tr class="GridSeparator"><td colspan="7">
    </td></tr><tr class="Alt "><td class="NoWrap">84622203-1</td><td>7/30/11 10:18am</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$125.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$437.50</td><td>Pending</td><td>9/1/11 8:00pm Football NCAA Football +350 Big Ten Champion - Wisconsin*</td></tr><tr class="GridSeparator"><td colspan="7">
    </td></tr><tr class="NonAlt "><td class="NoWrap">84622190-1</td><td>7/30/11 10:17am</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$250.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$375.00</td><td>Pending</td><td>9/1/11 8:00pm Football NCAA Football +150 Big Ten Leaders Winner - Wisconsin</td></tr><tr class="GridSeparator"><td colspan="7">
    </td></tr><tr class="Alt "><td class="NoWrap">84622183-1</td><td>7/30/11 10:17am</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$3,750.00</td><td>Pending</td><td>9/1/11 6:00pm Football NCAA Football +2500 2011-12 BCS National Champion - Wisconsin*</td></tr></tbody></table>

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

A lot of eggs in Wisconsin basket. Hope it works out for you! Nothing would make me happier, that's for sure.

My point is that, everything you took is over +150, except for the 1 prop. You have the Big Ten Champ being WI at +350...that's a completely different conversation...I see you bet it back before season, but that is decent value...the value today is obviously much lower, and that's my point...I'm not tying up that much money for the odds you are getting, and they still have a few big tests left. +150 to win their division, however, is stealing money if you had that today. Which, you clearly don't.

Love the Rangers prop you have, not fond of Ravens by any stretch, but you'll definitely come out ahead on those props.

Just_Fade_Me
    Just_Fade_Me's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    If it is against Michigan that would be a hell of a game.
    Probably the dumbest post in the history of SBR....Wisconsin is easily a top 5 team. Michigan is barely a top 20 team. You really should leave this forum for making such a stupid comment.

Wisconsin is in the same league as Boise, Stanford, and Oregon.

Michigan is in the same league as Illinois.

That is all

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Right...I wouldn't take Wisconsin -XXX to win the BIG 10....I would put a bunch on them to win the "leaders" division if they were -1XX. But when it comes down to it, They should(knock on wood) win the leaders, and if they do, that win will cover those 2 other bets I have on them. (375 if they win "leaders", and risked 275 on other 2 props, so still up 100 on it)

But like I said, I'm a big Wisconsin fan. I hope they make it to the National Championship, of course I'd like them to because of my bet, but I want them to regardless

But I believe Baltimore may have the best shot at making me some money now...The rest of their schedule looks easy maybe 2-3 losses if that (@pitt, @san diego, vs Houston) There division is Browns, Steelers and Cinci. They will win that, and easily make it to playoffs with possibly 1st round bye. Good hedging opportunity.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just want to point something out... Wisconsin fans seem to be giddy about their domination over Nebraska... have any of you considered that Nebraska is very overrated?

Their defense didn't just struggle to Wisconsin randomly...

Nebraska gave up 29 points to a Fresno State team that scored only 27 on North Dakota
    Nebraska gave up 38 points to a Washington team that only put up 30 on Eastern Washington

Listen, Wisconsin IS probably the best team in the Big 10 by a decent margin, but Nebraska has looked kind of like garbage this year and really didn't deserve that 8 by their name, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

This thread is about Wisconsin winning the Big 10.

I don't think anyone is getting ahead of themselves. Nobody is claiming National Champs for them, that would be getting ahead of themselves.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Fade_Me View Post
    Probably the dumbest post in the history of SBR....Wisconsin is easily a top 5 team. Michigan is barely a top 20 team. You really should leave this forum for making such a stupid comment.

That is all
    There is disparity between the two teams, yes... but your own acknowledgement of this being a potential top 5 vs. top 20 matchup lends credibility to the poster's suggestion that it could be a good game...

There's plenty of dumber comments on this forum to be critical of.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Fade_Me View Post

That is all
    Willing to bet ive seen more of these two teams this year than you have. Wisconsin has the offense but the defense is inconsistent, and especially so against someone like Denard Robinson. Not exactly sure what Michigan has to do to impress you.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Willing to bet ive seen more of these two teams this year than you have. Wisconsin has the offense but the defense is inconsistent, and especially so against someone like Denard Robinson. Not exactly sure what Michigan has to do to impress you.

Wisconsins D' looked like shit against UNLV offense. I expected a little bit of problems against Martinez, but Force a "run first" QB to pass and that's what happens. That UNLV was also first game of the year, and Wisconsin D hasn't looked bad since then. I'm surprised with how they did against NIU, I expected NIU to put up 28 or so against them based on that week 1 performance.

Taylor Martinez/Denard Robinson are very similar. Both spectacular talents running the ball. But I wouldn't trust either one trying to win the game if they get down by 2 TD's and have to resort to passing the ball. Although Denard is a more complete QB, but those just heave the ball up in the air and pray your WR makes a great play on it, won't be working against Wisconsin.

DrStale

Wisconsins D' looked like shit against UNLV offense. I expected a little bit of problems against Martinez, but Force a "run first" QB to pass and that's what happens. That UNLV was also first game of the year, and Wisconsin D hasn't looked bad since then. I'm surprised with how they did against NIU, I expected NIU to put up 28 or so against them based on that week 1 performance.

Taylor Martinez/Denard Robinson are very similar. Both spectacular talents running the ball. But I wouldn't trust either one trying to win the game if they get down by 2 TD's and have to resort to passing the ball. Although Denard is a more complete QB, but those just heave the ball up in the air and pray your WR makes a great play on it, won't be working against Wisconsin.
    I agree with some of that, but watching the Michigan-Notre Dame game showed to me the ability Robinson has in big time situations. He could run, yes, but he also made some great throws and looked completely comfortable in a big situation. Robinson is also more athletic than Martinez is. Granted Wisconsins defense has improved but im not sold against a QB like Robinson on a neutral field.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I agree with some of that, but watching the Michigan-Notre Dame game showed to me the ability Robinson has in big time situations. He could run, yes, but he also made some great throws and looked completely comfortable in a big situation. Robinson is also more athletic than Martinez is. Granted Wisconsins defense has improved but im not sold against a QB like Robinson on a neutral field.
    Yea that Notre Dame game only sold me on the fact that Denard will just throw the ball up and pray that a play is made. I'm happy Michigan won that game, but half of those deep passes should of been INT'd or at least broken up, they were not great passes, it was horrible defense. Maybe I'm wrong about that, as I was probably drinking at the time of the game, but every pass looked more of a lucky grab than a smart/good throw

But yes, I think Denard is a much bigger threat than Martinez. More explosive and can pass the ball better. The only thing that worries me in a Mich/Wisc matchup is Wisconsin being able to stop Michigan. I don't think Michigan will be able to stop anything Wisconsin brings to the table.

DrStale

After rewatching this I do see a lot of what youre saying. Though when he does throw the ball up he has some excellent receivers who will go up and make a play, and that throw he made to Manningham with the ND guy wrapped around his ankle was damn good.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

manningham?

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    manningham?
    Haha, Hemmingway. Apparently my brain thought it was 2007.

Vin_vermillion

<TABLE class=Grid cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class="Alt "><TD class=NoWrap>84622183-1</TD><TD>7/30/11 10:17am</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$3,750.00</TD><TD>Pending</TD><TD>9/1/11 6:00pm Football NCAA Football +2500 2011-12 BCS National Champion - Wisconsin*</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    <table class="Grid" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="Alt "><td class="NoWrap">84622183-1</td><td>7/30/11 10:17am</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</td><td class="MiddleRight Currency">$3,750.00</td><td>Pending</td><td>9/1/11 6:00pm Football NCAA Football +2500 2011-12 BCS National Champion - Wisconsin*</td></tr></tbody></table>

+2500 is a great bet.

I'd say your BIGGEST problem is this:

Oklahoma or Oklahoma State will go undefeated from the Big 12
    Alabama or LSU might go undefeated from the SEC

All 4 of those teams would be ahead of Wisconsin in the polls I think.

DrStale

<TABLE class=Grid cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class="Alt "><TD class=NoWrap>84622183-1</TD><TD>7/30/11 10:17am</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$150.00</TD><TD class="MiddleRight Currency">$3,750.00</TD><TD>Pending</TD><TD>9/1/11 6:00pm Football NCAA Football +2500 2011-12 BCS National Champion - Wisconsin*</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah the #4 team in the country at 25 to 1. That's hilarious.

Vin_vermillion

LMFAO STOP IT STOP IT ---- LAUGHING TOO HARD ---- TEARS IN MY EYES.

The #4 team in the country....LMFAO

Vin_vermillion

oklahoma st will finish 8-4 or 9-3 at best

Vin_vermillion

hvdsinng proenblems typeong laughinsr so HARD....

DrStale

LMFAO STOP IT STOP IT ---- LAUGHING TOO HARD ---- TEARS IN MY EYES.

The #4 team in the country....LMFAO
    You laugh at facts? Science textbooks must have you rolling on the floor.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    WHAT

Greek had -150 last week, not up now

This closed +300 before week 1 at 5D and about +150 at places like Greek and BM (got +350 late July at 5D)

This gets hammered 100000% guaranteed
    100% is as high as it goes.....just sayin'

Vin_vermillion

You laugh at facts? Science textbooks must have you rolling on the floor.

just because idiot sports writers spuge themselves over a team winning one game impressively doesnt make them truly the #4 team in the country. hate to tell you.

I am sure they will manage to lose one of their big games - say to a tough TCU team or something.

priskilla22

oklahoma st will finish 8-4 or 9-3 at best

Umm... Who is Oklahoma State going to lose to? 4 times?

DrStale

just because idiot sports writers spuge themselves over a team winning one game impressively doesnt make them truly the #4 team in the country. hate to tell you.

I am sure they will manage to lose one of their big games - say to a tough TCU team or something.
    Uh, they've won every game theyve played impressively. And they don't play TCU....do you watch college football?

Vin_vermillion

I'll put 100 betpoints right now on Wisconsin not even beating OSU - you gotta put up 2 to 1 though

And as for the Okie State question - that's easy.

Oklahoma
    Texas
    Missou

and either Kansas st or Baylor (they May go 9-3 at best)

First 123 Last