Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Within 12 months the savings of most people will vanish and only get worse from there

Going to be lots of buying opportunities for you glass half full guys.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I hope this guy is right.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

So basically the guy is saying he wants to be kidnapped and ransomed and that the smart move would be to start snatching up Goldman Sachs execs kids. The average person cannot do a whole lot to better their financial situation in these times. Be it lack of knowledge, money or plain old laziness, most people will just let whatever happens, happen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoreVodkaPlease

bipolar
    bipolar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

ie. keep buying gold

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I bet he felt really cool saying all of that.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone pull out ur 401k per Emily's wishes. Get destroyed on penalties and taxes its the -ev thing to do Emily style. The sky isn't falling. Compound interest nukkas.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Everyone pull out ur 401k per Emily's wishes. Get destroyed on penalties and taxes its the -ev thing to do Emily style. The sky isn't falling. Compound interest nukkas.
    Better off to pay the penalties and buy some shit rather than a year from now shaking your head saying to yourself "I didn't think it would go to zero".

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Most industrialized countries in Europe and the Americas have unsustainable debt. The world is getting bent out of shape about Greece only paying 80% or 70% or 50% on its outstanding debt when it is but a tiny fraction of that of the US and both countries have virtually the same debt ratios. The debt and obligations of the US are astrofukkinnomcial. Forget about the $1.4 trillion debt for this year alone or the $15 trillion deficit. How much is the liability of Fannie and Freddie? Another $5 trillion or so? The trustees of Medicare and Social Security have published their liabilities at $107 trillion. Add up all of America's total debt and liabilities and it comes to the tune of about $200 trillion. $200 fukking trillion dollars.

So disregard what Fish tells you about buying Iowa farmland if you like, but you had damn sure better have a plan of diversifying your wealth (if any of you degens have any) out of the US dollar and into physical assets. Perhaps you should go into the printing business because the FED is gonna have to contract out the printing of dollars like it is nobody's business. All fiat currencies have failed throughout history in spectacular fashion. To think we are somehow smarter or less greedy and will not let history repeat itself.....well if you live long enough you will see for yourself.
    Last edited by jarvol; 09-28-11 at 09:35 PM.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

Better off to pay the penalties and buy some shit rather than a year from now shaking your head saying to yourself "I didn't think it would go to zero".
    You've been spitting this shit for a few months now. Gain 300- lose 200- lose 200- gain 400. Heading nowhere fast. If you can't handle the ups and downs than I'm not sure how Poker is working out for you.

A lot of ppl have good reason for wall street to stay afloat.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

jarvol

But hey Walker says those $10 BAC calls are a money maker. Jump on those first thing in the AM!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

The whole system is a big ponzi scheme, the only thing that has kept it going is they robbed peter to pay paul, now there is absolutely no where to rob money from and it is all getting exposed.

it basically starts with pricing. trying to fathom what a trillion dollars is is nearly impossible. So start multiplying that out by the amounts we start talking about.

Look I have a decent amount of money, more than most, but in the grand scheme of things it isnt worth shit. I also have alot of gold, and silver and other 'hard' assets, but if it all goes to hell what good are those? I have a lot of guns, a lot of bottled water and a decent amount of food storage, and also enough scy fy movie time logged to know how to loot with best of them if it comes down to that.

Once it all hits the fan those bad sci fi movies will probably be more reality than fiction, a total survival of the fittest mentality. And to think it cant happen is naive. People have been placated and numbed for a long time and it is now starting to really get exposed. it is also scarey how quickly it all happened. But then again the system itself is inherently flawed so it was just a mater of time. there is a reason why every major empire on earth since man walked upright has crashed and burned. But in this day and age it isnt just one country on its own it is all countries combined because they ave been living and leeching off each other.

There is really only one single way to fix this. And it will never ever happen and thatis why a total anarchy situation is almost inevitable.

But the only way to fix it is to make all currency everywhere counterfeit. Get all the countries together and start putting a value on something and then take that and put a value on something else. Revalue everything on the planet into some universal agreement. Then have every country pick some standard to base their new currency on. Whatever that may be. Then start doling out the new currency in some fashion.

The problem with the system now there is nothing to base a valueof anything on, it is all make believe. When we got taken off the gold standard it was supposedly the value and strength of the dollar that made it worth something. But that was a farce and now that the dollar isnt worth shit it makes it even worse. So you have guys saying 'buy gold' Why? it still has to eventually be traded into dollars or some other currency, so the whole this for that is still out of whack. Gold might get you more, but not because the value of gold went up it was because the value of what you were trading it for went down. Essentially commodities are never worth more or less than what they are always worth, supply and demand is a crock a shit there is never enough demand or a lack or supply so far a part as to justify the stuff we see now.

While I am against a universal currency, eash nation has to have a currency that is somehow equalized and all have to be based on an agreed upon unit. So if you say we base ours on a potato, and our currency in a called a zation, and 1 potato is one zation, and a car is 10000 zations, and a house is 50000 zations and so on, as long as it is universal it doesnt matter you know what the base unit is and how everything goes from that.

But since the US cant handle the metric system then I doubt they have the mental capacity to handle that. because all anyone wanted to know was how many feet in a meter? When t didnt matter. Feet were useless and obsolete. Just like the dollar. So when people say gold is worth this much it makes as mush sense as there are 39 inches in a meter. You basically have to reprogram everyone, which is probably impossible, but had we gone ahead and made the switch when we were supposed to people know would know how far 10 kilometers is and it wouldnt matter if it were 6.2 miles because a mile would be as meaningful as a fluglebinder. All that would matter is they would know how far a kilometer was and then also know how far 10 of them would be.

So why am I talking about the metric system in a topic about money? because money is the same thing ans constantly trying to compare and contrast and base ones value against another is never going to work. But they knew it but they did it anyway to keep the charade going as long as they could. But it will all end eventually and I dont care what you have money invested in to protect yourself, a good gun and a lot of ammo would be my top choice right now for a long term investment.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: noober, and jarvol

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

There was a time when id have to agree with what u doomdsdayers but what the events of 2008 taught me is that its belief in the system by the majority that holds this all together.

\So until the majority become doomsdayers these theories are just that, theories....Business as usual

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Just buy short ETFs.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

The economy would take off if this administration was not in office.

Yes the debt situation is horrid and there needs to be a real cultural change in government, but business overall (and banking) is sitting on tons of money and won't feed it into the economy until they know what the policies are going to be.

I think this isn't the cure all but could really grease the rails to get out of this shit pit we are in.

also....

Is Emily still out of work?

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Did you catch the other host at the end and his question to the girl? "You dream about the economy, huh?" Seems to me, the co-host thought this guy was a bit off (ie crazy).

I'm still trying to figure out how to make money off suggestion of buying of T-Bills. And what will they be worth if the stock market blows up and nobody has any money.

This guy is just a trader that is trying forment fear so he can make money on his short positions.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    The economy would take off if this administration was not in office.

Yes the debt situation is horrid and there needs to be a real cultural change in government, but business overall (and banking) is sitting on tons of money and won't feed it into the economy until they know what the policies are going to be.

I think this isn't the cure all but could really grease the rails to get out of this shit pit we are in.

also....

Is Emily still out of work?
    And whose Admin. would change that opinion in '12?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar View Post
    ie. keep buying gold
    Gold has been a solid investment recently.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar View Post
    ie. keep buying gold
    Gold is due for more of an adjustment downward.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut;11641417[B
    ]You've been spitting this shit for a few months now[/B]. Gain 300- lose 200- lose 200- gain 400. Heading nowhere fast. If you can't handle the ups and downs than I'm not sure how Poker is working out for you.

A lot of ppl have good reason for wall street to stay afloat.

Meanwhile the stock market has done shit for 12 years...................you're the one that needs to wakeup!!

.....................and the market is headed more south!

jarvol

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    The economy would take off if this administration was not in office. Yes the debt situation is horrid and there needs to be a real cultural change in government
    GTFO of here. Did you see cultural change in government when either the Republicans or Democrats controlled both houses and the White House? Change in the US government is a pipe dream and won't happen until it is way, way too late.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

WALL STREET is the biggest ponzi scheme in world history..................perhaps for not much longer.

Anyone invested in the stock market should not have over 2.5% of their net worth there.

Creditsforedits
    Creditsforedits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1745

The guy they interviewed is not a trader - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...-a-trader.html

It is a sham, the BBC has notoriously poor researchers, a few years back some Ghanain dude turned up for an interview as an IT analyst and someone in the BBC thought he was a news reader, they stuck the guy in front of a camera and teleprompter for 45 minutes and had him read the news, you an probably still find it on youtube.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16699

This country is fukked. Thanks neocons and Keynesians!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

To all the guys talking about investing into other things. What do you invest in? Thats a serious question, and then once its value supposedly goes up then what? How do you sell it? And what do you take in trade for it?

If no currency anywhere is worth anything it seems then what do you do?

Investing in the future was a made up thing when they started the whole scam on people. No one ever invested anything before then. They made money and spent it, super rich people lived lavish life styles and maybe saved a little and their kids got it and spent it as fast as their parents, but due to the socio-economic standards back then they literally couldnt spend more than they made, and they tried.

If fewer people had worried about themselves and the here and now they wouldnt have given these scammers a green light to do what has been done. Which is basically make everything worthless, at least if you listen to them because nothing is worth anything and when you try and compare things to each other you can't. Its all a big circle. gold is worth alot because it is something tangible, but since its value is based on a doallr that is maybe worth 10 cents compared to 40 yearsago, then gold hasnt really gone up, it basically has stayed the same and everything else has decreased in value.

So really how is investing in ANYTHING right now going to make you more money in the future? If money is worth even less how does that compute? Say today a dollar is really worth 100 cents. And you buy whatever these guys are selling. So you have a million dollars of 2011 money put into it. So in the year 2025 the value of the item you bought is 3 million dollars. But the value of the 2025 dollar in comparison to the 2011 dollar is 40 cents. So while it looks like you tripled your money all you actually did was get about 60%. That is the part the scam artists dont bother telling you.

Since the Unted States doesnt make anything anymore how is it going to compete? And when they do try and make something the wage expectations of the employees are so great that they cannot compete on the global market against people who will owrk for less. Quality isnt even enough anymore. it used to be that quality was enough for people to pay a little more. but everything is now recyclable. You dont fix anything, if it breaks you go buy a new one. That is even true for some cars. if it breaks trade it in for something else.

The US isnt the leader in anything anymore. So it isnt like we can just snap our fingers and have a secret money making scheme.

The major reason for this is there havent been any major world wars in the past 75 yers. Europe and Asia were destroyed by wars, most notably WWI and WWII and the US and North America for that matter had no domestic fighting. Biggest thing we had was pearl harbor and that lasted a few hours and really only destroyed a few boats and killed a lot of people. No logistical thing were hurt, and it was in a place that at the time wasnt even a state. So it didnt effect the workings of America one iota. Go look at the landscape of Europe during the times from about 500 AD to 1950. War after war after war. Then look at Asia East Asia all the way up til the 80s, and western Asia still today.

Add that to the North American continent being mostly unspoiled until the Euros got here, and it was like starting over. All the natural resources and bounty this continent had was amazing. Why do you think every 18th century 'super power' basically destroyed themselves for it? Because it had more wealth than all of Europe combined. So the US benefited from a lot of things in its first 200 years or so. The last 40 not so much, and it is catching up with us. And the other nations are catching up too now that they arent continuously cleaning up after wars or having bombs dropped on them.

But the problems now go way beyond us, and it is too late to do anything about it too I think. Unless, as I said we close our borders to everyone. Revalue our currency, do a nation wide audit and put a REAL price on everything and have that price be backed by something that is physical and not make believe. Then it might be possible to at lease protect us. Ten we can hope for another major world war and we would be back on top again. Except we might have to fight everyone ourselves this time as they would probably gang up on us. But one collapse or another it almost has to happen at this point. Either a complete economic melt down, or a major world war where a lot of countries basically cease to exist and just get swallowed up into the winners.

But this has been predicted since man could write so it is no surprise that it will happen, most people thought it would have happened long before this, but not you have to be blind or stupid not to recognize what is coming.
    Last edited by wantitall4moi; 09-29-11 at 10:55 AM.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Gold has been a solid investment recently.

January or March is "recent" respective to some peoples' portfolios.

3 years is "recent" to me...

So, yeah, it has been solid "recently".

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I've lost almost 25% in the past 6 months from when I peaked, but I don't wanna get out now and have it as a loss. It's still only a bit down to when I got in the market two years ago so maybe I should just bail. 90% of my money is in the market, doesn't seem smart but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    January or March is "recent" respective to some peoples' portfolios.

3 years is "recent" to me...

So, yeah, it has been solid "recently".
    As long as you got in ahead of the curve -- and got out ahead of the curve.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

As long as you got in ahead of the curve -- and got out ahead of the curve.
    As is the story with anything.

Be the winner on the transaction.

Not the loser.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I'm a little disappointed that no one here has seen The Yes Men.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

I'll bump this thread in 12 months when essentially nothing will be different. Same people will be yelling the sky is falling any day now. And then 12 months from then. Same.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I've lost almost 25% in the past 6 months from when I peaked, but I don't wanna get out now and have it as a loss. It's still only a bit down to when I got in the market two years ago so maybe I should just bail. 90% of my money is in the market, doesn't seem smart but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.
    Better to lose 25% than losing it all. The market is not like it used to be where you can count on 8-10% returns year after year. It is now a rigged game only designed to fleece you of all your money.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

Better to lose 25% than losing it all. The market is not like it used to be where you can count on 8-10% returns year after year. It is now a rigged game only designed to fleece you of all your money.
    Plenty of people making plenty of money. You realize that when something goes down, someone profits?

Emily, your losing mentality is very unbecoming.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Plenty of people making plenty of money. You realize that when something goes down, someone profits?

Emily, your losing mentality is very unbecoming.
    Emily doesn't know this

I/O

And whose Admin. would change that opinion in '12?
    for one thing...

An admin that puts government health care to death.

Drops corporate tax rate

12 Last